Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that Walmart so so much. Security there got pissed and frisked me because i came in 15 minutes before they closed. I needed tape (long story) and when he saw that i had tape and some gum he asked why i had gum if i was just getting tape. I just walked out and haven't been back since then.
I thought Walmarts were open 24hrs...

That's bizarre.

I had a bad experience there myself once. I couldn't find an external hard drive that brickseek said was in stock, and when I asked a guy in electronics about it he said they didn't have any. Was quite the douchebag about it too, for no reason.

I hate that Walmart so so much. Security there got pissed and frisked me because i came in 15 minutes before they closed. I needed tape (long story) and when he saw that i had tape and some gum he asked why i had gum if i was just getting tape. I just walked out and haven't been back since then.
If a Walmart employee tried to frisk me I'd tell him to go fuck himself.

Stand up for yourself dude. They don't even have the right to detain you from leaving the store unless they have evidence you shoplifted.

..and along those lines, unlike Costco/Sam's club, they cannot legally stop you and check your receipt if you don't want to show it.

It's completely voluntary.

I thought Walmarts were open 24hrs...
They were until about 2 or 3 years ago, now all stores (neighborhood market and supercenters where I live) close at 12am. I think word on the street was that there was too much theft/crime while they open for 24hrs.

I was in the electronics section at just the right time today . They’re currently remodeling this walmart and desperately need to make room so two employees were discounting already clearance priced stuff and they were extraordinarily nice. I got:

Bloodstained: ritual of the night switch version $6

Super Dragonball Heroes World Mission Switch $7

Super Bomberman R Switch version $4

Neon Purple/Neon Orange Joycons $25

Blackweb 3 ft Micro-USB cable $1

Sandisk ultra plus microSDxc 128GB $5

Anker PowerCore 10000 PD+ power bank $25

Pichu Amiibo $6

I noticed but didn’t buy:

Lenovo’s Jedi Challenges for $15

Google mini home with 3 disney golden books $10

Verizon pre-paid phone moto e5 play $20

3DS games:

Majora’s mask $11.21

Monster hunter stories $16.78

Kirby’s epic yarn $18.47

Captain Toad treasure hunter $18.47

Starfox 3D $11.21

Bravery second $10.69

Pokemon sun $12.94

Warioware gold $18.47

I noticed but didn’t buy:

Lenovo’s Jedi Challenges for $15

Google mini home with 3 disney golden books $10

Verizon pre-paid phone moto e5 play $20

3DS games:

Majora’s mask $11.21

Monster hunter stories $16.78

Kirby’s epic yarn $18.47

Captain Toad treasure hunter $18.47

Starfox 3D $11.21

Bravery second $10.69

Pokemon sun $12.94

Warioware gold $18.47
Would love to find Majora's Mask for 12 bucks

yeah it was that^ wasn't off every 3ds game though.  Only some. Like nintendo selects versions.  Persona odyssey 1 and 2, dq7/8 and devil survivor 2? were the only ones I can recall off hand that it applied to that were not under the selects label. 

Sony should offer a 500GB version for $99. It would be PS2 level madness lol.

Nintendo is gonna make a killing.
1. It’s already sold at a heavy loss at $150-$200.

2. A 500GB HDD would cost more than you think because they don’t make them as much so it wouldn’t save as much costs as you think. It would work out marginally cheaper than a 1TB

Random question, does Wal-Mart have the in store discount on PS4 games like they do with Switch games?  In other words is it likely that Death Stranding or Outer Worlds will be $49.xx on launch in store?

Random question, does Wal-Mart have the in store discount on PS4 games like they do with Switch games? In other words is it likely that Death Stranding or Outer Worlds will be $49.xx on launch in store?
Probably ymmv but in general, yes. At my local walmart all PS4, xbox, and Switch games that are normally $60 launch at $50. Has been happening since around March here as it took me off guard seeing Sekiro and DMC5 for $50 on launch day.

I finally got super lucky at Walmart. Saw a store near me had the Rampage arcade machines for 154. Decided to buy one after it showed stock this morning. By the time I got to the store, it dropped to 74! 😁

I finally got super lucky at Walmart. Saw a store near me had the Rampage arcade machines for 154. Decided to buy one after it showed stock this morning. By the time I got to the store, it dropped to 74!
Awesome. I'm still looking for one, but they picked up in price around me ever since the ads went out. Guess Walmart is able to move them at $299, with more exposure.

Found Fire Emblam Fates - Birthright for $15 at Chelmsford, MA Walmart. Bought 1, had 2 more for sale. In the glass case, not in clearance section.

Well fuck me. There's a walmart close by me that is pretty reliable that has the dualshock 4 for $11 and fire emblem fates for $9. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

A walmart around me still have the display models msi laptops on the shelf. The clearance price on them are 569.  I have talked to the lady working in the electronic department and she said she cant sell those....anyway the manager can  sell it to me or should i just forget about trying to get them to sell me one.  

A walmart around me still have the display models msi laptops on the shelf. The clearance price on them are 569. I have talked to the lady working in the electronic department and she said she cant sell those....anyway the manager can sell it to me or should i just forget about trying to get them to sell me one.

I wouldn't touch a display model of anything. Literally wouldn't touch it. That's gross.

An item I’ve been watching had an additional price drop from when I checked brickseeker last night to this morning. I’m going to have to go a little out of my way to check it out.

When the price on brickseeker changes like that is it common for the item to be the new price right away or does it usually take some time at the store level?

An item I’ve been watching had an additional price drop from when I checked brickseeker last night to this morning. I’m going to have to go a little out of my way to check it out.

When the price on brickseeker changes like that is it common for the item to be the new price right away or does it usually take some time at the store level?
As horribly inaccurate as BrickSeek is when it comes to properly indicating stock quantities (and it’s not BS’s fault, it’s Walmart’s and their inability to keep proper inventory), I’ve found the prices listed to be correct almost 100% of the time.

Some stores dropped their Crystal PS4 controllers to $11. Unfortunately every store in my area shows low stock and they are missing.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=228382645
Many thanks for posting this. One of my local stores had one in stock for a while at $46.96. I've checked Brickseek almost every day and finally today it dropped all the way down to $11 so I picked it up. Wasn't even marked in the case.

Also went to another Walmart and picked up My Arcade Burgertime mini arcade for $5.00 and the My Arcade Dig Dug for $5.00. Also, finally found a copy of Tiny Troopers Joint Ops XL (Switch) for $19.93. It appears a few of my local stores have restocked Tiny Troopers, some at 6+ in stock. For about a month the game was completely missing from my whole area.

Here's the link in case you are still looking for one:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=876561455

I also saw World of Simulators (PS4, likely Wal Mart exclusive) at every local Walmart except the one closest to where I live. Oddly enough all of them (at multiple stores) were box cutter slashed at the top . I also picked up a copy of that in case it does become hard to find and I regret not getting it.

All in all a good day Walmart game hunting (luckily I was off work today).

Went to the Walmart I mentioned last night. I couldn't find the Fire Emblem game (big surprise). I also couldn't find the crystal dualshock 4 that they supposedly had. They had an end cap with dualshock controllers but couldn't see it since they were all mixed up in the display case and didn't really care to really look. The trip wasn't a total waste however because I found they had a bunch of Nintendo Switch controllers on clearance for $15-$20, switch cases, nintendo 3DS chargers, one random Xbox one headset and two Linksys routers on clearance. I bought the last 3DS game case that is $10 at Target, they had it on clearance for $2.50. https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=336791036

How good are the PowerA wired controllers for the Switch? Local store has them for $5.
I have the Donkey Kong one, also got it for $5 a ways back. If you don't mind that it doesn't have rumble they're a steal for that price, feels pretty light as a result. I mainly use it for turn based games- Yu-Gi-Oh, Fire Emblem, and Phantasy Star.

How good are the PowerA wired controllers for the Switch? Local store has them for $5.
Dojo mentioned the rumble already but also worth mentioning the basic models (like the Donkey Kong one or the Splatoon one which I have) lack basically every feature. No rumble, no gyro, not even wireless. Having to be wired all the time doesn't bother me much but just something to keep in mind.

What really killed the controller for me is that the analog sticks are freaking massive. I'd say they're about 50% larger than xbox and PS4 analog sticks. My thumbs kept sliding off them, especially because they lack good grip. The surface is mostly flat with a very thin ring on the outer edge but not enough to stop my thumb from randomly sliding off when a game gets intense. Thankfully though since the controller lacks basically all features it's really easy to take apart and replace the sticks with others.

Lastly the d-pad felt fairly stiff and not as responsive as I'd liked. It was fine for games where you just used the d-pad for menus and stuff like that or anything turn based like Dojo said but I tried to play Mario Maker with it and I legit played worse than when I was just using the analog stick on the joy-cons

bread's done
Back