Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to have a team of Jr. Detectives running customer service at my Walmart, my store has the low price on both the 60 and 65 inch tv's and all the stores around it have them in stock.  If I needed a TV or had friends at the store I'd try a return/rebuy but Walmart has proven to defy any convention of logic in my experience so I'll spend the day driving around and catching Pokemon instead.

There was nothing to catch onto. Those are the actual clearance prices. There was no glitch ont he system though some employees will spit that at people.

Walmart severely discounts older model electronics when it's time for this year's models to be put on display / be sold. Everything year they get to 90% off at majority of stores regardless of stock numbers.

The deal is technically not over since there will still be stores that have these electronics. I just left a store that had a router for for $15 that is normally $100.
I'm assuming that if brickseeker says low stock it means that is highly likely is a display unit? There is a 65" near me for a good price, but hate going to that area/walmart due to the amount of people in it and the traffic to get there.

I found these at a Wally World in East Amherst, NY for $5 each. Aren't these just coasters now

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160708_133118358.jpg
SEALED coasters

I'm pretty sure Modder's have made it so you can play via xlink

I saw Dirt Rally ps4 for $19 and Battlefront Deluxe ps4 for $19 today

Went well 8/8 on tvs and a curve sound bar. I ended up making little over $1k plus the 3 tvs & sound bar were free after all was done. I kept the following

65" 4k curve

60" 4k

50" vizio

samsung curve sound bar.

Now trying to decide on a next gen console for 4k gaming, recently purchased an alienware alpha i7 16gb and I'm liking it. Well I traded a tv and received cash . This morning I installed some repos on hivemind for movies & tv. So xbox one s or ps4.5 or just wait

So those TV prices will likely eventually hit? I know WM is very hit and miss, but is it "everywhere eventually" or "only certain areas"? Samsung 60 in stock locally, but at expensive prices.

sure, google this:

xbox 360 500gb hard drive walmart

It's the first result.

On the topic of TVs- I'm not ready to entertain the thought of a return/rebuy with the prices in my area. But I did score this Sharp 50" 4k that dropped to $274 (a few days ago) in one of only 25 Walmarts in my area. Was able to buy online and pickup that day so I received a refund of the difference.

While I was picking up I tried a few others and that was a serious lesson in Walmart futility. The electronics guy was using the APP to verify stock. I'm thankful he actually went into the back and looked. Could have been worse.
So how exactly did that work? You paid full price online and got refund of difference at the store?

Went well 8/8 on tvs and a curve sound bar. I ended up making little over $1k plus the 3 tvs & sound bar were free after all was done. I kept the following

65" 4k curve

60" 4k

50" vizio

samsung curve sound bar.

Now trying to decide on a next gen console for 4k gaming, recently purchased an alienware alpha i7 16gb and I'm liking it. Well I traded a tv and received cash . This morning I installed some repos on hivemind for movies & tv. So xbox one s or ps4.5 or just wait
How'd you go 8/8?

So those TV prices will likely eventually hit? I know WM is very hit and miss, but is it "everywhere eventually" or "only certain areas"? Samsung 60 in stock locally, but at expensive prices.
Same here. Just have to wait for prices to drop.

So how exactly did that work? You paid full price online and got refund of difference at the store?
Paid full price online and pickup was available that day in-store. (Does not work for site-to-store orders). The register will prompt the cashier just saying in-store price is lower. Which they just select yes for. Shouldn't be a problem. Walmart.com then emails you and refunds the difference to your card.

The OP and wiki from this thread answers pretty much every question possible:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8841931-50-65-samsung-led-hdtvs-walmart-ymmv-deals-as-low-as-109-b-m-only-more-updated?src=SiteSearch

How'd you go 8/8?

Same here. Just have to wait for prices to drop.

Paid full price online and pickup was available that day in-store. (Does not work for site-to-store orders). The register will prompt the cashier just saying in-store price is lower. Which they just select yes for. Shouldn't be a problem. Walmart.com then emails you and refunds the difference to your card.

The OP and wiki from this thread answers pretty much every question possible:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8841931-50-65-samsung-led-hdtvs-walmart-ymmv-deals-as-low-as-109-b-m-only-more-updated?src=SiteSearch
Thank you.

Posted on a couple deal sites this morning.

Charmin Essentials Soft 12 Double Rolls - $1

item#: 52774216

upc: 

upc-37000966043-barcode.png

Posted on a couple deal sites this morning.
Charmin Essentials Soft 12 Double Rolls - $1

item#: 52774216
upc:
upc-37000966043-barcode.png
You don't realize how many different types of toilet paper there are until you're digging through them looking for a certain type of a certain brand. Oh yeah, has to be a certain count too. Struck out. Brickseek said 2 or more.

Saw a bunch of PS4 & XB1 games on clearance at a local Walmart. Norwalk, CT; Connecticut Ave location. I bought some to keep for my collection & some I traded in to GameStop for more than what I paid. Saw the following games :

Mad Max PS4 - $7

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain PS4 - $15

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain PS3 - $10

Transformers: Devastation XB1 - $5

Transformers: Devastation PS4 - $10

Alien: Isolation XB1 - $5

Halo 5: Guardians XB1 - $10

Halo: Master Chief Collection XB1 - $10

Until Dawn PS4 - $10

Bloodborne PS4 - $15

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call 3DS - $10

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition PS4 - $15

The Crew: Wild Run Edition PS4 - $15

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection PS4 - $15

There was a bunch of other games too around these prices. I saw some people grabbing certain titles too so who knows what's left since this was 2 days ago on 7/12/16.

Possibly 39081495
Possibly. That one shows up as $20 at a different store, but not at the store I saw a tag at today.

That's a different one, shows up as $35

That one shows up as $124 at one store, $280 at the rest

That one shows up as $40

t3i bundle with lens, shows as $70 at some stores

Walmart has the worst inventory tracking system. I have tried on several occasions to get an item that says two or more available and it is never there. I even check days later and brickseek still says the same number. What is worse is when I ask someone in electronics and they say, "If it's not out here, it ain't here." OK...no sense in making you look in the back because you obviously won't look there either.

At least Target's system is fairly accurate. I have found more times than not. 

Walmart has the worst inventory tracking system. I have tried on several occasions to get an item that says two or more available and it is never there. I even check days later and brickseek still says the same number. What is worse is when I ask someone in electronics and they say, "If it's not out here, it ain't here." OK...no sense in making you look in the back because you obviously won't look there either.

At least Target's system is fairly accurate. I have found more times than not.
Yeah sometimes stuff like cameras or laptops will be in the locked cabinets with the tablets.

I don't drive for Walmart clearance anymore. I got really pissed off one day when I was being super polite and waited a good 5 minutes of just being blatantly ignored by this one electronics associate while they talked to their friend. Finally, when it was my turn I started my sentence "Hello, I'm looking for a specific hard drive." The bitch just started shaking her head no. I didn't even tell her which one yet. Then I showed her my phone and without even looking at it just said "we don't have it sir." A week later my girlfriend tried and just asked some guy in electronics and he found it in like 3 minutes....

The only time I ever bother with these clearance deals is when I can do in store pick up otherwise there's a 90% chance you'll come back empty handed.

The only time I ever bother with these clearance deals is when I can do in store pick up otherwise there's a 90% chance you'll come back empty handed.
So, if you do store pick up, how has the pricing been? Does it ring up as though it shows on brickseek? Or do you have to pull it up on the app? The website wants to charge me the website price but I know what it should ring up in store, even if I do store pick up. Thoughts?

So, if you do store pick up, how has the pricing been? Does it ring up as though it shows on brickseek? Or do you have to pull it up on the app? The website wants to charge me the website price but I know what it should ring up in store, even if I do store pick up. Thoughts?
Brickseek price is not always accurate and you need to verify the price at that store as well as the Walmart app (for that store). If you buy something online for store pickup (and it's actually at that store) than the price will be updated once you pick it up. That's assuming they'll find it. More times than not for me I order for in store and they can't find it so the order is cancelled. If you order something for store pickup and it has to be shipped to that store, the price will not be adjusted. You'd have to do a return and rebuy. Be careful though as store can simply deny to sell you the item back once you return it... which is completely in their right to do so though it sucks.

As the guy above explained if the item on clearance is available for same day in store pick up and is showing up at the clearance price on sites like brickseek then when you pick up your item you should get an automatic refund when the cashier scans your items for pick up.

I don't drive for Walmart clearance anymore. I got really pissed off one day when I was being super polite and waited a good 5 minutes of just being blatantly ignored by this one electronics associate while they talked to their friend. Finally, when it was my turn I started my sentence "Hello, I'm looking for a specific hard drive." The bitch just started shaking her head no. I didn't even tell her which one yet. Then I showed her my phone and without even looking at it just said "we don't have it sir." A week later my girlfriend tried and just asked some guy in electronics and he found it in like 3 minutes....
Can't expect much from employees who feel they are entitled to the world. Rare to find ones that go above and beyond as they were hired to do.

Can't expect much from employees who feel they are entitled to the world. Rare to find ones that go above and beyond as they were hired to do.
If I needed a job badly and was 18 again I'd work at our Walmart. You can literally blatantly ignore customers and be rude as fuck and never get fired. It's like a dream $9 an hour job.

Recently I got Uncharted 4 ps4 controllers at Wal-Mart for $25 a piece and PS TV with controller and vita games for $15

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ordered an HP Desktop for pickup. It's $600+ online but $150+ in store so it'll be adjusted. I didn't get a confirmation for pickup email but the order does show it's ready for pickup. Kept on getting a call from someone but ignored it. Finally called back and it was the same Walmart saying they could not find the item I ordered. Apparently they only have a display model that they can't sell to me. Told me they'd give me a $20 gift card for the trouble.

Still, I want my computer.

bread's done
Back