Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you the item numbers, DPCI or whatever it's called for the Uncharted controllers or PS TV?
The Uncharted controller is probably 49767337, and there are two item numbers for the PSTV bundle somewhere earlier in this thread.

I do not it was one of those items tjat i walked in and saw theh jad clearance

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
You need to use a keyboard with auto-correct my friend. :)

I tried to get some of those clearance Samsungs, but failed miserably.

When I first saw those crazy TV deals, I checked each product and all of my stores were out of stock at MSRP. Now, they're all in stock at "2 or more" and are still MSRP. Someone a few pages ago said that it's not a glitch and Walmart doesn't "catch on" but it makes more sense to me to move $1,000 TVs to stores with zero stock instead of selling them for $250. My main store has terrible clearance prices, so I believe they'd do anything for more money.

Also:

Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

Found two different item numbers for the standalone system, but they both showed up as item not available in my area, and they're both no longer available on the website...so not sure if either is valid (but here they are if you want to try: 35284538 45632054 )

I tried to get some of those clearance Samsungs, but failed miserably.

When I first saw those crazy TV deals, I checked each product and all of my stores were out of stock at MSRP. Now, they're all in stock at "2 or more" and are still MSRP. Someone a few pages ago said that it's not a glitch and Walmart doesn't "catch on" but it makes more sense to me to move $1,000 TVs to stores with zero stock instead of selling them for $250. My main store has terrible clearance prices, so I believe they'd do anything for more money.

Also:
That is a lot of work and much more work than Walmart is willing to do. They don't move items from one store to another, they clearance them. If you're seeing stores with inventory of these items, their counts are either off or they ordered more. Remember, clearances are on a store by store basis. Just because one store has an item on clearance, doesn't mean another will.

That is a lot of work and much more work than Walmart is willing to do. They don't move items from one store to another, they clearance them. If you're seeing stores with inventory of these items, their counts are either off and they ordered more. Remember, clearances are on a store by store basis. Just because one store has an item on clearance, doesn't mean another will.
Do you work at Walmart?

No. I've bought a lot of clearance items and have spoken to many managers while buying. That and I have a few friends that do work at there.
Okay. You are obviously correct that Walmart sells $1000 televisions for $250 because they can't be asked to transfer excess stock to a different store with zero quantity. I'll believe a random guy who apparently has connections and knows for a fact that Walmart doesn't have the inventory system that most companies do that transfers items between warehouses and other stores, like Gamestop does with $10 video games. I hope they order too many TVs from Samsung and have to "oops clearance can't be asked to relocate stock" them from my 8 nearest stores that all report at least 2 of each TV in stock, now that some random person has told me twice what is written in stone in manager's offices nationwide.

The heat is making everybody pissy.
49853273.jpg

Okay. You are obviously correct that Walmart sells $1000 televisions for $250 because they can't be asked to transfer excess stock to a different store with zero quantity. I'll believe a random guy who apparently has connections and knows for a fact that Walmart doesn't have the inventory system that most companies do that transfers items between warehouses and other stores, like Gamestop does with $10 video games. I hope they order too many TVs from Samsung and have to "oops clearance can't be asked to relocate stock" them from my 8 nearest stores that all report at least 2 of each TV in stock, now that some random person has told me twice what is written in stone in manager's offices nationwide.
You don't have to believe me.

I made this thread to help others with Walmart clearances just as I've been helped by employees and managers at times. Walmart clearances are a huge hassle but if we as a community can help each other get deals than we should (if we want to that is).

But I'll try my best to answer your rant.

1. Walmart doesn't need to transfer TV's (or any item) from one store to another because they have distributors and warehouses that already have these items and ships to stores daily. They (and any store) put items on clearance to show customers that they can have lower prices and great deals which keeps customers coming back. Walmart (again, any store) puts items on clearance to clear out inventory at that specific store (and the above reason). You see it as a store selling an expensive item for dirt cheap, they see it as getting rid of inventory quickly and pleasing customers.

2. As you said, Walmart transfers inventory from warehouses and distribution centers (heck there is one in my state). You will rarely see a store transfer inventory from one store to another especially on clearance items. But as you said, I'm just some guy... who may or may not have worked in distributor relations before. Probably not though.

3. Gamestop does allow store to store transfers, but their system is a bit different. I actually have worked at Gamestop (only for seasonal during high school though) and it isn't common for them to ship out 1 item to another store. We usually waited until we had to ship back inventory to a warehouse and than that warehouse would mail those items to stores that needed / requested items. Sometimes items could be shipped directly from store to store but it was normally more expensive items ($100+) that would sell instantly because someone specifically requested it.

4. It isn't that a store requested too much items, it's that that store did not sell the number they have in time for newer items / models to be released. Now as you said, you have stores in your area that do show 2 or more stock that didn't before. Those stores had to order those to that store or others ordered them for store pickup (which means a customer ordered an item to be shipped to a store from a warehouse and it's now at that store). But it's entirely likely that inventory is off. Ask anyone in this thread and they'll tell you how often inventory checkers can be off. It's also likely that those showing stock can be display models, off count or just reordered items from a warehouse.

But again, you don't have to believe me. I'm just trying to help with the information I know from managers I've spoken to and my friends that currently work at Walmart. If you think individual stores are shipping out their clearance items to stores that aren't on clearance, than more power to you.

*Even though with that logic, than your 1 store that had it on clearance had to have multiple TV's to even show 2+ at every store in your area. Is it more logical for a random clearance store to have 10+ TV's and ship them to 5+ stores or for that store to run out of stock (as someone bought those TV's) and those other stores to order more from a warehouse?

On that note, I haven't added much deals to this thread in a while.

Here are a few.

Samsung UN60J6200 60" 1080p 60Hz Class LED HDTV

SKU: 44162678

Price: $199

Samsung UN50J5200AFXZA 50" 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV

SKU: 46285066

Price: $124

Acer Sky Blue 11.6" R11 R3-131T-C1YF touch screen 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop PC with Intel Celeron N3050 Processor, 2GB Memory, 32GB eMMC and Windows 10

SKU: 046444950

Price: $109

GoPro HERO Action Camcorder

SKU: 39969672

Price: $30

WowWee MiPosaur

SKU: 45982590

Price: $25

HP Black Licorice 15.6" 15-F387WM Laptop PC with AMD A8-7410 Processor, 4GB Memory, Touchscreen, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

SKU: 47836539

Price: $100

Samsung HT-J4100 Home Theater System

SKU: 44425486

Price: $49

Apple iPad mini 3 16GB Wi-Fi

SKU: 37650848

Price: $149

HP Black Licorice 15.6" 15-F387WM Laptop PC with AMD A8-7410 Processor, 4GB Memory, Touchscreen, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

SKU: 47836539

This was showing as $79 at a store 50ish miles off from me. it was out of stock but still. Everywhere else locally was $329.

That Black Licorice laptop showed as $79 with 2+ in stock 30 miles away. I went there the first thing this morning and an employee rudely told me it wasn't there. It's $329 everywhere else around here.

Anyone know what it means if a store shows In-Stock on Brickseek but the price is listed as $0.00?
It's most likely a deleted item at that store. Not entirely sure on this but I did go to a store showing an item for $0 that rang up for it's actual price of $80. YMMV but might as well go in and see.

That Black Licorice laptop showed as $79 with 2+ in stock 30 miles away. I went there the first thing this morning and an employee rudely told me it wasn't there. It's $329 everywhere else around here.
There's a Walmart that has it in-stock near me for $79, I bet they're display models they can't sell you or something.

Not worth the trip for me.

The store I went to today ripped the price scanners from their spots. Then an employee schooled me on reading their yellow stickers.
I think their app has a price scanner integrated into it now. My store took out all of the price scanners too.

Wish I could find that GoPro for $30. Brickseek shows 2 (or more) in stock, but they couldn't locate it in store.

I think their app has a price scanner integrated into it now. My store took out all of the price scanners too.

Wish I could find that GoPro for $30. Brickseek shows 2 (or more) in stock, but they couldn't locate it in store.
Thanks for the reminder that it is 2016.

Opelousas, La Super Walmart

All Disney Infinity  3.0 Edition Starter Packs $19.88

All Disney Infinity Figures $4.99            

SKU: 47836539

This was showing as $79
Same. I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow for my mom since her current laptop uses Windows XP and still chugs.

Anyone own one that can weigh into whether or not its worth it? Are there any other dirt cheap laptops?

How do you guys find these deals? Do you go looking in stores? Look on their website? Search through the app? My store never has anything good when I search the website for pickup today.

How do you guys find these deals? Do you go looking in stores? Look on their website? Search through the app? My store never has anything good when I search the website for pickup today.
A lot of it is just looking through your store or checking Slickdeals. For instance, I found an AC Wi-Fi adapter for $10 at a store. It was deleted from the system so I couldn't look up if any other places had it. So it's always YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Snagged a couple of nextbook flexx 10's for $50 each. Also a Samsung Galaxy Tab s for $129. Went in with a list of what I was looking for dude was cool went in back and checked came out with these said it was all he had at clearance prices.

Snagged a couple of nextbook flexx 10's for $50 each. Also a Samsung Galaxy Tab s for $129. Went in with a list of what I was looking for dude was cool went in back and checked came out with these said it was all he had at clearance prices.
That Walmart employee should win an award, seriously. No one does that shit at Walmart.

I am tempted to get a part-time job at Walmart just so I can scan everything...fuck actually helping customers.

That Walmart employee should win an award, seriously. No one does that shit at Walmart.

I am tempted to get a part-time job at Walmart just so I can scan everything... fuck actually helping customers.
Funny thing is that's the same guy that had an attitude when I went in a couple of weeks ago looking for a TV the website said was in stock, things did not go well that day. This time i was pleasant when he said they didn't have the laptop i was looking for I said thanks I understand no problem. He started suggesting other things I told him I was only interested in clearance items, I showed up what I had printed up no problem let me check in back. You know what they say you catch more flies with honey.

Once in a while you get amazing customer service, most times you get horrible.

Getting a manager called over usually helps though.

Funny thing is that's the same guy that had an attitude when I went in a couple of weeks ago looking for a TV the website said was in stock, things did not go well that day. This time i was pleasant when he said they didn't have the laptop i was looking for I said thanks I understand no problem. He started suggesting other things I told him I was only interested in clearance items, I showed up what I had printed up no problem let me check in back. You know what they say you catch more flies with honey.
Worked at Walmart while in college. You get paid poorly. Treated poorly. Do everything right...doesn't matter. Still get treated like the employee that never shows up. I love it when people who have no clue are surprised when they can't find help. The majority of the time workers in one department can't be found so you have to get someone who has no clue what they are doing. Then customers bitching about the employee that is trying to help them. Not defending Walmarts practice as a whole...I am defending employees that get treated like crap for working hard which in turn forces them to be less motivated.

In regards to the above quote. There is times when you are completely clueless to how the store operates because only the department manager gets told what's going on then the second they leave for the day...every employee in that department just has to wing it. Store managers are no help. Most of the time they say 'yeah hold on' then never show up. Keep that in mind next time you see an employee that is obviously bothered.

Worked at Walmart while in college. You get paid poorly. Treated poorly. Do everything right...doesn't matter. Still get treated like the employee that never shows up. I love it when people who have no clue are surprised when they can't find help. The majority of the time workers in one department can't be found so you have to get someone who has no clue what they are doing. Then customers bitching about the employee that is trying to help them. Not defending Walmarts practice as a whole...I am defending employees that get treated like crap for working hard which in turn forces them to be less motivated.

In regards to the above quote. There is times when you are completely clueless to how the store operates because only the department manager gets told what's going on then the second they leave for the day...every employee in that department just has to wing it. Store managers are no help. Most of the time they say 'yeah hold on' then never show up. Keep that in mind next time you see an employee that is obviously bothered.
The way your treated depends on the location so much. I've worked for great companies with garbage employees/supervisor's that don't do anything. And I've worked for companies that bend over backwards for the good employees.

But dealing with the public is a horrible experience. Dealing with 1 rude customer out of 99 good customers still sucks. That's why customer service is so hard. Because so many people think they are special and entitled to treat other people like garbage.

Sensitive people should not apply to Walmart. I didn't have a bad experience but that was 11 years ago. And you question if I get out much...grow a pair.

Sensitive people should not apply to Walmart. I didn't have a bad experience but that was 11 years ago. And you question if I get out much...grow a pair.

Stop stalking me. You are obviously anti social. Do you keep records of all the times you are forced to interact with people? Is that step 1 in your social disorder class?

He was the department manager. Our first encounter was as much my fault as his. I worked in retail for years, and have dealt with more than my fair share of shitty customers. It had been a long day, today was my day off so I was in a much better mood and not really expecting to find anything. I always make it a habit to treat all people that have to deal with people with respect cause I've been there.

Stop stalking me. You are obviously anti social. Do you keep records of all the times you are forced to interact with people? Is that step 1 in your social disorder class?
Judging by all the posts you have written, you are nothing but a troll. Who paid you on fiverr to harass real users?

Well I semi scored at a store. Guy went through all the cases and back. He had a bunch of display models that all had damage on the back of the laptops. But for $30-40 a piece I snagged 3 of them. Galaxy tab 4 nook edition no cord or box $27. He had a couple of AIO's they were beat up he wanted $90 a piece had to pass on those. They also had the RCA surround sound systems for $35 snagged 2 of those.

That annoying moment you drive out of your way to get to a Walmart that has clearance computers, but the workers can't find them... yet on I can go to Walmart.com order the same computer for same day pick up... I smell BS

My walmart had their Disney Infinity 3.0 marked down finally. Figures are 4.9x and both star wars playsets are 11.9x.  I only picked up Ant Man And Boba Fett for now, will probably go back for more laster this week.

That annoying moment you drive out of your way to get to a Walmart that has clearance computers, but the workers can't find them... yet on I can go to Walmart.com order the same computer for same day pick up... I smell BS
Did you try placing an order online then for pick up? Most stores don't want to cancel online orders since it can look bad and will try even harder to find the item. And if they still can't find it they'll cancel the order. If they find it you could always go in, cancel the order and then purchase it for the price in store or see if they could just adjust the price. Not sure though if the price adjustment is possible in store or if it has to go through online. And, can't really do that with items you order online for pickup in store since they are supposed to return those items to the warehouse.

My favorite saying, "The website shows you have an item so it has to be there". Online is going by what the system shows, and that doesn't always match what is physically there. While every business would love to have their inventory counts match what they physically have on hand, it's not going to happen with every item. The system could be wrong, and they can be slow to update the system when an item is physically not there. Most stores don't like to decrease qty on hand in case the item is lying around somewhere or is in a customer's cart.

Though the item could be there and sometimes it does just depend on the employee. The ones you asked may have tried their hardest to find it; but, if the back room is a mess, they are new, or it's just somewhere they didn't know to look they could have trouble finding it. Sometimes you just need to find the right person that knows exactly where the item is, which can be hard. I've seen plenty of employees who are just so busy and being pressured by management they don't have time to properly look for customers, or had one person not be able to find an item but another finds it in seconds because they knew exactly where it was, or the employee really is just lazy.

I've has the best luck going straight to the dept. manager they want to get rid of that stuff.

bread's done
Back