Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That annoying moment you drive out of your way to get to a Walmart that has clearance computers, but the workers can't find them... yet on I can go to Walmart.com order the same computer for same day pick up... I smell BS
Place the order of line then. From what I've read on SD, the price will adjust to the clearance price when you pick it up. This only goes for items available for same day pick up

Place the order of line then. From what I've read on SD, the price will adjust to the clearance price when you pick it up. This only goes for items available for same day pick up
I thought about doing this.. but I thought you had to pay for it online first?

My walmart had their Disney Infinity 3.0 marked down finally. Figures are 4.9x and both star wars playsets are 11.9x. I only picked up Ant Man And Boba Fett for now, will probably go back for more laster this week.
Yep, Saturday I picked up the Xbox 360 Starter Set for 19.9x, Boba Fett for 4.9x, then told my friend about it and he bought 12 figures!

To my shock my local Wal-Mart finally put a video game on a decent clearance - Talos Principle PS4 for $15.00 - and of course it was sold out.

Went to a Walmart that had $49 Ipad Mini's.  They showed them in their systems as being on the floor but only place they keep them is in the locked cabinets and there was nothing there.  Employee who has previously found rare stuff for me in the back when others couldn't also confirmed there was nothing back there (though could be another employee just hid it well).

I got today for $40 an RCA 1000 watts home theater, NO HDMI, but it has two optical inputs and has bluetooth as well.  The new version w an HDMI port costs $176.  My 15 year old home theater was failing at lower volumes so it was a good enough buy for me.

I noticed because of a clearance tag under the $176 price, took the HDMI one to scan but it scanned regular price, put it back and saw the same one w.out HDMI on the bottom shelf and thats the one it scanned for $40.

So, I missed the laptop closest to me, and the one a half-hour away says 2 or more in stock but you can't order it "same day" on the website.

I called in like an idiot, but didn't mention the clearance. The guy said they only 6 laptops, and none of the 4 HPs are Black Licorice but listed the other colors. He answered quickly enough that I doubt he stashed one aside, and Brickseek still has them listed as being in stock as of a few days later, so it's probably a stocking error.

Fingers crossed for another decent laptop deal.

Acer Aspire One 722 Laptop (Windows 7, 11.6in, AMD Radeon HD 6290, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD)

Price: $69.00

Was: $278.00

No Walmart ID but here is the UPC. My Walmart had it in a cage with some other laptops. It's been in there for a while now and I was just waiting for the price to drop. Associate who usually helps me scanned it and it was $69. She said she couldn't sell it to me because it was marked display (someone wrote display on it) but it clearly was never opened. A manager came over, opened it and said "yeah, it's new you can have it".

It's not a great laptop but getting it for my little brother as a graduation gift so he'll enjoy being able to use his own laptop.

Side thoughts, long rant about racism at Walmart's last night. Skip for boring read.

I really hate traveling away from the city because of the racist backwards treatment I get. I was out last night (10pm - 6am) going to 24 hour Walmart's searching for clearances since I had time. At 1 store I asked a female employee to help check the prices on some games. She was ok with it as it seemed. I didn't need her help at the time and went on my way looking at other electronics. Everywhere I went she followed my friend and I and pretended to be reorganizing shelves. Every time we moved to another isle there she was staring us down.

I forgot to ask about iPad's from the recent price drop so I asked her to check because she had keys on her. She "attempts" to open the cage and says she needs a manager since she doesn't have the right keys. Manager and her come back and I explain I want a price check on 2 iPad's. He proceeds to ask her for her keys and opens up the cage. This women was afraid of us stealing iPads and only called a manager to have someone else there with her. They didn't have any iPad's so we said have a good night, on our way out we can see them watching us as we leave the store. Mind you, they watched us from where we left electronics to the other side of the store where market is.

The other time this night was buying the laptop. The employee that helped us always helps look for clearance deals and the other nightly managers knows this because we have come in maybe twice a month buying $100's worth of merchandise. 

Anyways, we needed a manger to open the laptop case. I ask the manager about other clearances and he doesn't know (must nightly managers don't deal with clearances but its worth asking). I tell him thanks and I, my friend and the other employee proceed to price check other electronics and games. Low and behold the manager is staring us down. Mind you, we are price checking spider-wrapped items that are already on the sales floor. He followed us around electronics until we were ready to check out. 

The employee helping us apologized and said he never stays in electronics to do anything much less watch someone as he's always too busy to be bothered with anything but his nightly duties. It's not like we were dressed a certain way (wearing cargo pants and a button up longsleeve), spoke as if we just stepped off the set of The Wire, or were being shady. Hell, twice I've come into this store at the same time and spent $1k when they dropped their electronics / home items to 70% - 90% off. 

Part of me could understand it, two Black guys wanting to check out electronics late at night, must be a sign of theft or something. But no, this really bothers me since I haven't been followed in a store or stared down (much or frequently) as if I'm a theft since I lived in New York. Guess I got too use to not being subjected to this. 

End rant, just wanted to share that. Here is the UPC, good luck finding the laptop!

http://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/886541401663

When I worked retail, the white meth heads were the biggest thieves and our manager never paid them any attention. The minute a black person walked in, no matter what they looked like, he'd come over the radio and be like "bogey on aisle 3, someone stay on him." I told him in a joking (though semi-serious) manner that he seemed racist for doing that and he just responded "haha yeah I've been doing this a while, I know what to look for."

It's not a great laptop but getting it for my little brother as a graduation gift so he'll enjoy being able to use his own laptop.
I use an older Acer Aspire One (XP, came with 1gb ram, upgraded to 1.5gb, single core atom processor) as my main home PC (connected to a nice big monitor and a separate usb mouse) for doing the bills and web surfing and stuff. It's also perfect for when I'm working on one of my cars and need to use my usb OBD-2 adapter to read and reset the engine codes and stuff since it so small. The newer model seems plenty good enough for daily use. It would be an ideal school computer considering how light weight it is.

... As for your rant (which it was cool you spoiler blocked it)...
I don't think as a white dude I'd be treated any differently in that situation even if it was me and my oldest son. I mean given the hour of the night and no one actually working the electronics like during daylight hours, the people working are probably a lot more suspicious of large purchases on random locked up items. Especially the managers who have so few people actually working the store after 10 (not counting the nightly stock crew).

I use an older Acer Aspire One (XP, came with 1gb ram, upgraded to 1.5gb, single core atom processor) as my main home PC (connected to a nice big monitor and a separate usb mouse) for doing the bills and web surfing and stuff. It's also perfect for when I'm working on one of my cars and need to use my usb OBD-2 adapter to read and reset the engine codes and stuff since it so small. The newer model seems plenty good enough for daily use. It would be an ideal school computer considering how light weight it is.

... As for your rant (which it was cool you spoiler blocked it)...
I don't think as a white dude I'd be treated any differently in that situation even if it was me and my oldest son. I mean given the hour of the night and no one actually working the electronics like during daylight hours, the people working are probably a lot more suspicious of large purchases on random locked up items. Especially the managers who have so few people actually working the store after 10 (not counting the nightly stock crew).
That's what I'm thinking. It's nothing great but it'll be good enough to do day to day school work, watch movies, etc. He does use drawing programs with his drawing tablet so hopefully it'll prefer well enough for that.

Oh wow, I guess I should teach him how to properly use the internet and not be scammed / accidentally download viruses.

And

I completely understand. The time of day and lack of employees makes it a bit out there, but to be watched as I'm leaving the store, as if I'm the only person in the store is a bit much. It doesn't help that other people were in electronics too looking at items (albeit they were White) but for us 2 Black people to be the only ones followed and observed, it's not right.

I don't think that it's on clearance but I just ordered skyrim legendary for $20 at walmart. I guess ever since they announced the remaster the price has shot up to $40 and only got as low as $27 during the steam sale. Only had 1 left in my area but might be worth a shot if anyone else is looking to score it cheap. 

I picked up an LG 43LF5400 43" 1080p 60Hz Class LED HDTV for $74. One more left at my store.

Item #: 45622205

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-43LF5400-43-1080p-60Hz-Class-LED-HDTV/45622205#about

BaD9bS1.jpg

Picked up the last copy of divinity and mega man on xbox one at my local Wal-Mart. Hamilton church, nashville. $15 a piece. They did have copies for ps4 still.

Is that the Towne Center store or the one further down Carson st? Just asking because I lived around that area for years and went to AHS
You know James Harden?

Not Long Beach Town Center. It's further down near LB Airport.

78d72f0c033a54ddcb54ce25c28cdd83.jpg

Brickseek comes through again! Assassin's Creed was $8, and Divinity was $10. Showed 1 or less and I couldn't find it. Decided to check the clearance bin and it was there. Thanks to whoever posted this gem on clearance. Much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Brickseek comes through again! Assassin's Creed was $8, and Divinity was $10. Showed 1 or less and I couldn't find it. Decided to check the clearance bin and it was there. Thanks to whoever posted this gem on clearance. Much appreciated!

Divinity still $15 in my area. Hopefully drops coming soon.

Side thoughts, long rant about racism at Walmart's last night. Skip for boring read.

I really hate traveling away from the city because of the racist backwards treatment I get. I was out last night (10pm - 6am) going to 24 hour Walmart's searching for clearances since I had time. At 1 store I asked a female employee to help check the prices on some games. She was ok with it as it seemed. I didn't need her help at the time and went on my way looking at other electronics. Everywhere I went she followed my friend and I and pretended to be reorganizing shelves. Every time we moved to another isle there she was staring us down.

I forgot to ask about iPad's from the recent price drop so I asked her to check because she had keys on her. She "attempts" to open the cage and says she needs a manager since she doesn't have the right keys. Manager and her come back and I explain I want a price check on 2 iPad's. He proceeds to ask her for her keys and opens up the cage. This women was afraid of us stealing iPads and only called a manager to have someone else there with her. They didn't have any iPad's so we said have a good night, on our way out we can see them watching us as we leave the store. Mind you, they watched us from where we left electronics to the other side of the store where market is.

The other time this night was buying the laptop. The employee that helped us always helps look for clearance deals and the other nightly managers knows this because we have come in maybe twice a month buying $100's worth of merchandise.

Anyways, we needed a manger to open the laptop case. I ask the manager about other clearances and he doesn't know (must nightly managers don't deal with clearances but its worth asking). I tell him thanks and I, my friend and the other employee proceed to price check other electronics and games. Low and behold the manager is staring us down. Mind you, we are price checking spider-wrapped items that are already on the sales floor. He followed us around electronics until we were ready to check out.

The employee helping us apologized and said he never stays in electronics to do anything much less watch someone as he's always too busy to be bothered with anything but his nightly duties. It's not like we were dressed a certain way (wearing cargo pants and a button up longsleeve), spoke as if we just stepped off the set of The Wire, or were being shady. Hell, twice I've come into this store at the same time and spent $1k when they dropped their electronics / home items to 70% - 90% off.

Part of me could understand it, two Black guys wanting to check out electronics late at night, must be a sign of theft or something. But no, this really bothers me since I haven't been followed in a store or stared down (much or frequently) as if I'm a theft since I lived in New York. Guess I got too use to not being subjected to this.

End rant, just wanted to share that. Here is the UPC, good luck finding the laptop!

http://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/886541401663
Congrats on the new laptop, but IMO your rant didn't make sound like she was racist, more like someone that was seeing 2 dudes scanning and looking and looking and looking for stuff in the electronics department at night. You can't just say that was racist if you consider the other factors.

Congrats on the new laptop, but IMO your rant didn't make sound like she was racist, more like someone that was seeing 2 dudes scanning and looking and looking and looking for stuff in the electronics department at night. You can't just say that was racist if you consider the other factors.
Which I understand and give them the benefit of a doubt due to the time of the day. Scanning isn't very odd though. I always see someone scanning items at every store I go to. There are apps that compare prices that I see others using. Either way though.

78d72f0c033a54ddcb54ce25c28cdd83.jpg

Do you have the AC item number?

Never mind. 46931679

This one store relatively near me will knock newer games down to 75-90% off, but leave older games at MSRP.  It's very odd.

(eg. Wolf Old Blood XBO for $1.50, New Order for $7, Divinity for $5)

isn't it somewhere in this thread? you could also look up all of the ipad minis on Walmart.com for the item number. there can't be that many.

bread's done
Back