Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Was in a Walmart yesterday and they had about 200 Crystal Pepsi bottles out in the front of the store. People said it's hard to find but, that store had an abundance of them.

Was in a Walmart yesterday and they had about 200 Crystal Pepsi bottles out in the front of the store. People said it's hard to find but, that store had an abundance of them.
I don't normally drink soda but I had to try one a couple weeks ago. They completely sold out in my city though. I saw one lady fill up her cart. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people.

I don't normally drink soda but I had to try one a couple weeks ago. They completely sold out in my city though. I saw one lady fill up her cart. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people.
Could be that some people are anticipating that once Pepsi stops selling these (they are for a limited time) that they can flip them for more money. There was a market after all (people were buying 20+ year old bottles of Crystal Pepsi on Ebay until recently).

Then again those same people may just stock up on the Crystal Pepsi themselves. LOL

Could be that some people are anticipating that once Pepsi stops selling these (they are for a limited time) that they can flip them for more money. There was a market after all (people were buying 20+ year old bottles of Crystal Pepsi on Ebay until recently).

Then again those same people may just stock up on the Crystal Pepsi themselves. LOL
Shit, and here I am still sitting on my two bottles of Jones Quantum, waiting for prices to go up on them.

Just the nostalgia of it. I remember Crystal Pepsi back in the 90s. I think I was in middle school back then. It was a neat little gimmick. Anyway, it was only around for a short time. Supposedly the new release is only going to be around for a limited time (8 weeks). I got a few at my local Walmart.

I remember during the same time period (the 90s) that they had those Hypercolor (body heat coloring changing shirts).

I found out later that RaceTrac has a sale if you buy 1 bottle at regular price you can get $1 off the next.

I tried the Deep Fried Twinkies. They were ok. Tastes sort of like funnel cake or maybe a cream filled donut. Didn't really taste like a regular Twinkie. I don't really like regular Twinkies. I did when I was a kid. I probably won't buy the Deep Fried Twinkies again.

Have you all ever tried the Walmart app for in store stock checking? Seems pretty good. Easier than inputting codes and changing zip codes and all that on brickseek.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/walmart-mobile-app/1087865
Some stores are also just terrible at keeping up with their inventory. Tarpon Springs, FL store is missing 3 $49 ipads, 3 $7 netgear wifi dongles, 24 copies of Pokepark Wii (which is $50 still).

Some stores are also just terrible at keeping up with their inventory. Tarpon Springs, FL store is missing 3 $49 ipads, 3 $7 netgear wifi dongles, 24 copies of Pokepark Wii (which is $50 still).
I asked one worker about their inventory level on iPads and she said that she would check. She went behind the counter and proceeded to pull out a three-ring binder with printouts of SKU numbers and handwritten logs of when an iPad was sold. Are you fucking kidding me? Handwritten logs? That's how you track inventory? WTF.

Shit, and here I am still sitting on my two bottles of Jones Quantum, waiting for prices to go up on them.
Same boat but when they original came out I was able to sell 4 of them. I wanted to keep the whole box sealed but when I found out it is just the Berry Lemonade I was like it isn't even worth it

XBO Halo 5 console $450
Scream ride xbo $10
Life is Strange xbo $10
RE Origins Collection xbo $25 (down from $19.88)
Tales from the Borderposts ps3 $10
Darksoders 2 ps3 $5

GoPro Hero Plus $124

XBO Halo 5 console $450
Scream ride xbo $10
Life is Strange xbo $10
RE Origins Collection xbo $25 (down from $19.88)
Tales from the Borderposts ps3 $10
Darksoders 2 ps3 $5

GoPro Hero Plus $124
I saw several $12.88 - $20 games were marked up to $25. Seems like it wasn't just my store. No idiot tags though.

Sweet, I may need to check on Legend of Kay as that is my "buy" price for the game.
http:///brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43344548

enter your zipcode and see if it's nearby

the link isn't formatting properly for me at the moment but hope this helps

http:///brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43344548

enter your zipcode and see if it's nearby

the link isn't formatting properly for me at the moment but hope this helps
Thanks for the link. One store 30 miles away has it for $5.00, but every other store is showing $19.96. Oh well, I can wait.

Found a $100 Vita today, not sure which model...  Halo Reach Legendary for $60 haha...

They put out a clearance bin too, mostly older crap stuff but saw some semi-decent games like a $10 Dishonored Definitive Edition.

Thanks for the link. One store 30 miles away has it for $5.00, but every other store is showing $19.96. Oh well, I can wait.
Glad I could sort of help?

Tangentially related to this thread but does anyone know if in store Walmart price matches Gamestop.com? I found a Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition that's 1/2 it's stickered Walmart price at Gamestop.com but have only been able to go to Walmart recently during the graveyard shift when it is near impossible to get any help in electronics around here.

Walmart quit pricemathing. Instead they lowered numerous prices.
The savings just keep coming

80502869.jpg

Been seeing The Talos Principle (PS4) for $7 and $10 at a few stores...people need to pick this game up if they haven't already. Easily, without exaggeration, one of the best games ever made. It's a steal at such a low price.

My Wal-Mart blows when it comes to deals but I found a copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Gold Edition on PS4 for $19.99 today.  Dude at register said it was just marked down for clearance from $50 this morning.  I'm glad I got the last one.  This was in Arizona.

I got Hasbro family fun pack, zombie army trilogy, shovel knights and the talos principle all for $5 each the other night. Luckily I went to Walmart right when they were marking down stuff.

My Wal-Mart blows when it comes to deals but I found a copy of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Gold Edition on PS4 for $19.99 today. Dude at register said it was just marked down for clearance from $50 this morning. I'm glad I got the last one. This was in Arizona.
Is this the same SKU as the vanilla version?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Halo 4 LE isn't too much more on eBay, but for $15 it's a good deal. I wonder if multiplayer is still active, I really enjoyed it unlike most people.

went to an erie pa walmart a few days ago and they had a bunch of those animal crossing amiibo in stock for $5 as well as a ton of the splatoon girl amiibo.  as far as actual games, they had:

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two for wii $3

ps:  i forgot, i also saw that new chibi robo game with the amiibo bundle for $20.

bread's done
Back