Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 500GB Zen Factory Hard Drive (for PS3 Super Slim) $12 (normally $100)

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45374701
Thanks! Was able to score 1 of these after some digging around at one of my local Walmarts. Funny enough they were marked at $25 but rang up for $12 at the register. Was tempted to ghet another one but i think one would be enough for right now unless they are still sitting there when i get paid again. They were cleaning out their gaming locker and was worried they were snatched up by someone already.

Well...Brickseek shows my Walmart had the HDs for $.23. I figured I had to check it out for myself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/jHxoz
So it was correct but after a lot of questions on their part the electronics manager determined they had been recalled by the manufacturer and should have been pulled. They had three and I told them I'd take them, sales final no returns but they declined.
If you had it in hand then you should have Just gone to a regular cashier and paid there. Maybe some groceries or something extra as well.

Well...Brickseek shows my Walmart had the HDs for $.23. I figured I had to check it out for myself.

So it was correct but after a lot of questions on their part the electronics manager determined they had been recalled by the manufacturer and should have been pulled. They had three and I told them I'd take them, sales final no returns but they declined.
What's the number for brickseek?

You should have just gone to self.checkout.

If you had it in hand then you should have Just gone to a regular cashier and paid there. Maybe some groceries or something extra as well.
I would've done the same thing. I'm not going to have a department manager stop me from getting a deal. If it's on the counter, then it's fair game.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

wouldn't surprised me if the manager pocketed all those drives

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

It's possible if there was a recall, there would be a register block. That happened to me earlier this year with a blender (expensive blender for $50), and they wouldn't sell it and said they couldn't sell it. Register kept saying sale not allowed.

It's possible if there was a recall, there would be a register block. That happened to me earlier this year with a blender (expensive blender for $50), and they wouldn't sell it and said they couldn't sell it. Register kept saying sale not allowed.
So this isn't my first rodeo. I took these to a random cashier at the front (not the electronic's dept.) they had security bands on each of them so self-checkout was a no-go.

The random cashier realized that was a pretty low price so they called around to about 2-3 people while I waited. Nothing more I could have done save for self checkout and acted ingorant once I set off the door alarms.

So this isn't my first rodeo. I took these to a random cashier at the front (not the electronic's dept.) they had security bands on each of them so self-checkout was a no-go.

The random cashier realized that was a pretty low price so they called around to about 2-3 people while I waited. Nothing more I could have done save for self checkout and acted ingorant once I set off the door alarms.
Buy them at self-checkout, then go to Customer Service to have them removed. If they ask to see the receipt, which they will, let them. You already purchased the item. They can't force you to return it because the price is too low.

You can still check out with the spiders on them at self checkout. I do this all the time. Once my receipt prints, I ask them to remove the spider wraps.

You can still check out with the spiders on them at self checkout. I do this all the time. Once my receipt prints, I ask them to remove the spider wraps.
Just went back through this Wal-Mart to buys some trash bags and realized this Wal-Mart has no self checkout lanes. Deal was doomed from the start but seeing .23 as the price was certainly interesting.

For some reason I grabbed Brunswick Pro Bowling for Xbox One yesterday for $10.
Does it feature Big Ern?

kingpin.jpg

Looks like the ps3 hdd is out of the system at my Walmart. It was still tagged at 3x.xx, I scanned it and it came up with "see associate"...

Found Rocket League (PC) for $10 too, but I already have it for Xbox one, so i passed.

Looks like the ps3 hdd is out of the system at my Walmart. It was still tagged at 3x.xx, I scanned it and it came up with "see associate"...

Found Rocket League (PC) for $10 too, but I already have it for Xbox one, so i passed.
They can use a Gemini(handheld scanner thing) to see the last price in the system.

YMMV on some things. I was at a different Walmart the other day and I had a game (dragon Quest something for ps4) that was scanning as "see associate". I took it to the guy in electronics and it showed NOF on his scanner and he couldn't sell it.

YMMV on some things. I was at a different Walmart the other day and I had a game (dragon Quest something for ps4) that was scanning as "see associate". I took it to the guy in electronics and it showed NOF on his scanner and he couldn't sell it.
I'm not talking about the little PDA/ipod type things. I'm referring to the full sized scanner guns. (RMU at Kmart, Gemini at Walmart)

ajpf2e.jpg
2a8mbd2.jpg

Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs are $10.00 at the Opelousas, La Super Walmart. I bought the last WIIU starter pack. They had several  for Wii and Xbox 360. About two for the Xbox One.

dont know if anyone really cares, but i picked up some turtle beach x12 headsets for $15.00   the clearance sticker said $45 but they rang up for $15 :)

they had the green and black version and the artic camo version.

Worth a look to check out other electronics clearance.  I picked up this (NIB) for $45

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Linksys-AC3200-Tri-Band-Smart-Wi-Fi-Router-with-Gigabit-and-USB-Designed-for-Device-Heavy-Homes-Smart-Wi-Fi-App-Enabled-to-Control-Your-Network-from-/134956824

Being WM, it is always hit and miss, YMMV ,etc.  This is because WM gives a lot of latitude to store and department mangers, so they all basically figure out what they want to discount when and for how much.  There is some degree of patterning but it is not always consistent, and sometimes you can come across something that a manager has gotten too aggressive on the markdown.

Worth a look to check out other electronics clearance. I picked up this (NIB) for $45

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Linksys-AC3200-Tri-Band-Smart-Wi-Fi-Router-with-Gigabit-and-USB-Designed-for-Device-Heavy-Homes-Smart-Wi-Fi-App-Enabled-to-Control-Your-Network-from-/134956824

Being WM, it is always hit and miss, YMMV ,etc. This is because WM gives a lot of latitude to store and department mangers, so they all basically figure out what they want to discount when and for how much. There is some degree of patterning but it is not always consistent, and sometimes you can come across something that a manager has gotten too aggressive on the markdown.
That's not necessarily the whole truth. Items are designated to be dropped to a certain price and the system will automatically drop those prices (regardless of if the pricing team puts a new sticker on it or not). You're right, managers and higher ups can drop prices further and are allocated a certain amount to drop (which may change depending on the time of year, storage, etc).

Worth a look to check out other electronics clearance. I picked up this (NIB) for $45

Being WM, it is always hit and miss, YMMV ,etc. This is because WM gives a lot of latitude to store and department mangers, so they all basically figure out what they want to discount when and for how much. There is some degree of patterning but it is not always consistent, and sometimes you can come across something that a manager has gotten too aggressive on the markdown.
Correct ID: 43552818

Saw a couple turtle Beach x12 headsets for 8.00 at one of my local stores. Not too familiar with Disney infinity, but they had a couple figures for 1.00 each. Was really only there to look for one of those 89.00 clearance Chromebooks ,but no such luck. Finally they got a department manager whose not stingy with the markdown money it seems.

Not really YMMV (because the deal is online), but Guitar Hero live single guitar bundles have been marked down to $25 for xbox one and ps4. Has been for a few days, but just realized there's no thread. Had to pick one up at this price.

My store had Vita games for $5 each...

...I say *had* because I wiped them out. Won't lie, completely hoarded that shit for gifts this year.

Also random PS4 and Xbone games at $5-10 each, like Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition

My store had Vita games for $5 each...

...I say *had* because I wiped them out. Won't lie, completely hoarded that shit for gifts this year.

Also random PS4 and Xbone games at $5-10 each, like Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition
What was left? I'm guessing maybe a sly cooper collection, FIFA, god ofmwar , minecraft. Nice score!

What was left? I'm guessing maybe a sly cooper collection, FIFA, god ofmwar , minecraft. Nice score!
FFX/X2, Terraria, Minecraft, Wolf Among Us, some Spongebob game... Might be more if I dig through their other stuff. I'll likely be back this week... considering Technomancer for Xbone even though I never turn the damn thing on... it's $10 which is my buy point. Sadly the PS4 one is still 39.99 -.-

I am not sure how great these headphones are but I found SteelSeries - 3HV2 Headset for $10
Also, the Seagate 4TB Desktop Drive was marked down to $25

SteelSeries - 3HV2 Headset
https://www.walmart.com/ip/SteelSeries-3Hv2-Gaming-Headset/32501745
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=32501745

Seagate HD
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=34969072
Oh man, why did I have to see this post right now. It's midnight, but I'm considering going out to see if they have those hdd's in stock. Says there's "conflicting" information on stock, however the same was said of the ps3 hdd's and I was able to find those.

Edit: looks like they closed. To be continued...

FFX/X2, Terraria, Minecraft, Wolf Among Us, some Spongebob game... Might be more if I dig through their other stuff. I'll likely be back this week... considering Technomancer for Xbone even though I never turn the damn thing on... it's $10 which is my buy point. Sadly the PS4 one is still 39.99 -.-
where do you find the skus for games?

where do you find the skus for games?
I look up the upc on google and then just use that. It is a LOT easier than going on walmart's horrible website, trying to find the sku in the url, and hoping that works. Same goes for Target, though Target isn't stupid and doesn't use separate skus for their online inventory and their in-store inventory (really Walmart, way to convolute stuff)

Oh man, why did I have to see this post right now. It's midnight, but I'm considering going out to see if they have those hdd's in stock. Says there's "conflicting" information on stock, however the same was said of the ps3 hdd's and I was able to find those.

Edit: looks like they closed. To be continued...
Looks like somebody picked them up, since it showed they had inventory at midnight... but none this morning. Odd but whatever.

Thanks, went to a store that showed conflicting info. After having an electronics associate tell me they had none after looking it up on the Gemini, I got someone at the fitting room to look it up and they showed two in the back room.

Went back and got the electronics dept manager and four minutes later she walked out with two. I got one of them for $25. As I was leaving they were still trying to find the girl that lied to me.

bread's done
Back