Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, went to a store that showed conflicting info. After having an electronics associate tell me they had none after looking it up on the Gemini, I got someone at the fitting room to look it up and they showed two in the back room.

Went back and got the electronics dept manager and four minutes later she walked out with two. I got one of them for $25. As I was leaving they were still trying to find the girl that lied to me.

Mind sharing the store? Had the same thing happen last week at a local store. Found the seagate stuffed towards the back of a shelf. Brought it up and the guy scanned it, looked at me, grinned, and put it under the counter and said, "Sorry, not for sale"

Mind sharing the store? Had the same thing happen last week at a local store. Found the seagate stuffed towards the back of a shelf. Brought it up and the guy scanned it, looked at me, grinned, and put it under the counter and said, "Sorry, not for sale"
This was in Akron, OH.

You didn't ask for a manager when that happened? That's your own fault if you didn't.

Waddle Dee, Daisy and Waluigi amiibo's are $5.00 at the Opelousas, La  Super Walmart.. Brick Seek shows Rosalina for $5.00 but none in stock.  I bought the last Waddle Dee, Waluigi and the last two  Daisy amiibo. According to Brick Seek a nearby Walmart has Waddle Dee for $2.00 and another nearby store has it for $1.00.
ayv900.jpg
ev5t1i.jpg
2z8b6fd.jpg
2hqwbgw.jpg

Just picked up a D-Link DCS-5222L wifi camera on clearance for $37.xx today.

If someone can tell me where on the receipt I can find the brickseek number I'll be happy to post it...

Wow I didn't realize I needed a wifi camera. Thanks
I'm thinking the same thing...a nearby store has a couple at the $37 price.

Got lucky today and found the 4TB Seagate for $25 this morning at my local store even though inventory shows 0 through brickdseek and the Walmart ap. It was under a stack of old cd cases. :???:

I'm thinking the same thing...a nearby store has a couple at the $37 price.

Got lucky today and found the 4TB Seagate for $25 this morning at my local store even though inventory shows 0 through brickdseek and the Walmart ap. It was under a stack of old cd cases. :???:
I would love to find that hard drive especially at $25. Crazy find!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I don't see why not, as the item in question should ring up at the lower price.
That's actually the problem. If you buy something from one store and attempt to return it to another, they may (most likely will) deny you to do that as the item will scan at the lower price for the return.

Say you pay $100 for an item and try to return / rebuy it at a store that has it for $20. The system at the return store will try to only give you $20 back instead of $100. That means you need a manager override to get the full $100 back. Most managers will just tell you to return it to the store you bought it from since they will technically be losing money at that store giving you more money for an item than it's worth in that store.

Honestly, do not waste your time doing return / rebuy's at Walmart.

It seems like a few weeks ago, those PS3 HDs got "salvaged" or whatever the term is that they use for WM, since the tracking sites started returning the "conflicting data" message on store availability.  That message shows up for some stores near me and I couldn't find any at one of those stores.

It seems like a few weeks ago, those PS3 HDs got "salvaged" or whatever the term is that they use for WM, since the tracking sites started returning the "conflicting data" message on store availability. That message shows up for some stores near me and I couldn't find any at one of those stores.
Someone mentioned to ask the electronics department manager to see if they are stored elsewhere. I haven't yet gone to try this myself since one store near me shows a few still (without any conflicting data messages).

That's actually the problem. If you buy something from one store and attempt to return it to another, they may (most likely will) deny you to do that as the item will scan at the lower price for the return.

Say you pay $100 for an item and try to return / rebuy it at a store that has it for $20. The system at the return store will try to only give you $20 back instead of $100. That means you need a manager override to get the full $100 back. Most managers will just tell you to return it to the store you bought it from since they will technically be losing money at that store giving you more money for an item than it's worth in that store.

Honestly, do not waste your time doing return / rebuy's at Walmart.
Are you out of your mind? Or am I misinterpreting something? If you return your item with the receipt, you will get back 100% of what you paid on the form of currency you paid it with. Believe me. There was a good clearance item at one store and I purchased around two dozen of them at about 7 different stores and returned/rebought it at that one store. (not all at once, of course) I got back the full amount I paid with no difficulty. Rebought it at the lower price with no difficulty.

Are you out of your mind? Or am I misinterpreting something? If you return your item with the receipt, you will get back 100% of what you paid on the form of currency you paid it with. Believe me. There was a good clearance item at one store and I purchased around two dozen of them at about 7 different stores and returned/rebought it at that one store. (not all at once, of course) I got back the full amount I paid with no difficulty. Rebought it at the lower price with no difficulty.
Yeah I had this exact same problem a couple of days ago. I normally don't do return / rebuy's at a different store but decided to try it out. That is the problem I ran into. The first store denied me the return due to it ringing up as a lower price to give back. They had to get a manager to approve what I originally paid in which case I was denied by the manager and was told to return it to the store I got it from. Luckily the second store I went to's manager approved it though was very hesitant on it.

I'm not saying you won't or can't get your money back if you try, I'm saying they have the right to deny you to return / rebuy it at that store and may tell you to return it at the store you bought it from. Go check out the SD walmart threads, this happens to many people. Again, not saying others don't have success, just letting people know that it's just as YMMV as finding these YMMV deals.

Yeah I had this exact same problem a couple of days ago. I normally don't do return / rebuy's at a different store but decided to try it out. That is the problem I ran into. The first store denied me the return due to it ringing up as a lower price to give back. They had to get a manager to approve what I originally paid in which case I was denied by the manager and was told to return it to the store I got it from. Luckily the second store I went to's manager approved it though was very hesitant on it.

I'm not saying you won't or can't get your money back if you try, I'm saying they have the right to deny you to return / rebuy it at that store and may tell you to return it at the store you bought it from. Go check out the SD walmart threads, this happens to many people. Again, not saying others don't have success, just letting people know that it's just as YMMV as finding these YMMV deals.
That's crazy. Take a look at this.

http://couponsinthenews.com/2014/05/08/walmart-accused-of-shortchanging-customers-on-returns/

Walmart was sued simply for shortchanging customers because they refunded people in one state that had lower taxes than another state. They were sued for shortchanging people a few cents up to a few bucks. So if Walmart is trying to refund someone considerably less than what's on the receipt because the item is ringing up lower in store, then I'm calling shenanigans. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but either you're dealing with some incredibly untrained employees, or something else is going on. I can certainly see Walmart denying the return (even though that's never happened to me) but I cannot see them shortchanging people who have a receipt and not for that reason.

That's crazy. Take a look at this.

http://couponsinthenews.com/2014/05/08/walmart-accused-of-shortchanging-customers-on-returns/

Walmart was sued simply for shortchanging customers because they refunded people in one state that had lower taxes than another state. They were sued for shortchanging people a few cents up to a few bucks. So if Walmart is trying to refund someone considerably less than what's on the receipt because the item is ringing up lower in store, then I'm calling shenanigans. I'm not saying I don't believe you, but either you're dealing with some incredibly untrained employees, or something else is going on. I can certainly see Walmart denying the return (even though that's never happened to me) but I cannot see them shortchanging people who have a receipt and not for that reason.
I agree it's crazy. The girl showed me multiple times that she scanned my receipt as well as the item and it would only show up that current stores clearance price for the return. Than the manager tried and got the same problem. She had to against the return price for what I paid and than decided it looks fishy and denied the return. Again, just be cautious if you decide to do this since you can be denied the return for that reason.

One location I went to had 5 of them. At first the associate said tough luck it then he went to the back for 5-10 minutes and brought them out.
I managed to get one earlier, the inventory count did not yet change on brickseek. Messed up at first and used the sku #, had to use the UPC for them to check (derp). Department manager said if I wanted more I could come back lol but I only got one. They were locked up somewhere in the back of the store.

I found a light blue 2 TB Seagate Slim external hard drive for $50 tonight. It took 20 minutes to get a manager to override it since the sticker on the security box said $50 and the sticker on the drive said $89.99, but I think the wait was worth it. Is this a good drive for my Xbox One?

My Walmart had a large section of games clearance down to between $15/$20 but they've all suddenly disappeared.
Probably salvaged or knowing Walmart, all placed in a back room or bin to never see the day of light again unless someone new in the stockroom gets curious 3 years from now and moves them all to the videogame section where they belong.

But seriously, that's probably what happened since it's to make room for Black Friday.

Some of my local stores removed their entire clearance sections late last week for this reason.

I think Ross, TJMaxx, Marshal's, Home Goods, Ollie's and other discount stores get clearance items from other stores.

I've seen Target clearance items show up at Ross quite a few times. Funny to even see the "Target Exclusive" stickers on them while they are for sale at Ross. :)

This page just got blocked by Norton and submitted for review???

I don't think walmart passes their stuff on to other stores.  I've seen stuff reappear years later at full price like MLB 04 for PS2 showing up around 2009 type of stuff.  

bread's done
Back