Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya'll need some fuckin help. Obv she was searching for a gift for her kid no need to be complete asshats about it. I'm sure your parents raised you to be better than that or wait maybe thats what your parents use to tell you guys "do your research" and "shit happens"

sad that someone cant come into this community ask a question without asshats like you jumping down their throat with pointless troll type responses way to represent the CAG way. pathetic.
Except "she" posted the same copy and paste post in about eight different threads.

And was only 21 according to "her" profile.

Ya'll need some fuckin help. Obv she was searching for a gift for her kid no need to be complete asshats about it. I'm sure your parents raised you to be better than that or wait maybe thats what your parents use to tell you guys "do your research" and "shit happens"

sad that someone cant come into this community ask a question without asshats like you jumping down their throat with pointless troll type responses way to represent the CAG way. pathetic.
Was it your parents that taught you your shit doesn't stink? Get a grip. You owe these people an apology.

Before you go on an ill advised crusade, are you aware this person, on the day in question went in to EVERY thread on the front page and cut/paste this exact message?

One or two threads is one this, but this ended up looking for a like a charity troll than any bona-fide interest.
Despite that, and the fact that most people don't read ALL the threads, most people were reasonably polite or helpful.

Does anyone know what happens when a person returns a internet purchase? Does it end up going out on the shelf if its a gaming purchase? If so, how long does it take before that happens? 

From working at Walmart for 10 years it just depends on the service desk clerk. It either winds up in the returns, which are put back at different times at different stores or sent back to claims. Like I said it just depends on employees and store.

Just picked up the western digital my passport ultra (2015) 3tb for 59.00 at my local Walmart in Folsom CA. It was not priced as mark on the shelf of 119.

Before you go on an ill advised crusade, are you aware this person, on the day in question went in to EVERY thread on the front page and cut/paste this exact message?

One or two threads is one this, but this ended up looking for a like a charity troll than any bona-fide interest.
Despite that, and the fact that most people don't read ALL the threads, most people were reasonably polite or helpful.
who cares if she went to 12 threads an admin can click delete and be done with it in no time.

Well J beat my haul from last year today. Bought the last of the seagate 4tb in 50 miles for $109 each, took me to the one store that had them marked down to $25 and did a return rebuy(after about half an hour of scrutiny).

Ended up with 20tb of storage for $125

Well J beat my haul from last year today. Bought the last of the seagate 4tb in 50 miles for $109 each, took me to the one store that had them marked down to $25 and did a return rebuy(after about half an hour of scrutiny).

Ended up with 20tb of storage for $125
That's a whole lot of internet love stories!

J Stars Victory VS ps4 $10
Xcom 2 pc $30
HP p7-1423w $154
Roku 1 $24.50
50" Phillips 4k led hdtv $199 down from 398

J Stars Victory VS ps4 $10
Xcom 2 pc $30
HP p7-1423w $154
Roku 1 $24.50
50" Phillips 4k led hdtv $199 down from 398
Thanks, the phillips tv is not marked down near me but I'm sure it will be coming. I will watch it closely.

All the stores near me have a stock of "-1" on this tv which is strange

Thanks, the phillips tv is not marked down near me but I'm sure it will be coming. I will watch it closely.

All the stores near me have a stock of "-1" on this tv which is strange
Yeah I am watching it also and it shows -1 hopefully I can snag one for the parents as the one in their living room is getting too old

Fwiw, the store I saw them marked at 199 at still shows 398 on brickseek if that is the correct SKU.

Some stuff I'm seeing prices on in the app:

:xb1: Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition $20

:xb1: Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition $15

:xb1: Golf Club Collectors Edition $10

:xb1: Special Forces Covert Ops controller $45

:xb1: Halo 5 LE $25

:360: Bioshock Infinite Complete Edition $15

:xb1: Rayman Legends $15

:xb1: Project Spark $1 (most stores are $.01 and won't be able to sell it)

Sorry, that was $100 according to brickseek.  Looking on Walmart's website it is available to pick up today at that location which would lead me to believe that it is in stock there.  Think it's really $100 or was that a brickseek error in the past?

There's two stores near me that have it for $198. It's no $100 like jdawgg has it for, but this thing is easily worth even $300, imo, so I'm swiping one before the seamonkeys get their hands on it.

Sorry, that was $100 according to brickseek. Looking on Walmart's website it is available to pick up today at that location which would lead me to believe that it is in stock there. Think it's really $100 or was that a brickseek error in the past?
At $100 that's a steal. I would buy everyone of them up for my fort

The Philips that is supposedly $100 near me is also a different price at the Walmart by my parents' house: $0.  I'm guessing these are just errors on brickseek.

Walmart app showed 398.  Went by anyway this evening.  Scanned a barcode I printed out and sure enough, $100.  Long story short there are supposedly none in the store.  I couldn't find any and the lady who helped me couldn't find any out front or in back.  She mentioned it would help if she had something she could scan like a shelf tag, but couldn't find any.  I had her scan my printout.  She and a manager looked in the handscanner and found there were two on hand in the system, but they figured it was an error since they couldn't find it and the manager saw that two had been sold yesterday.  Should have gone yesterday and been late to work although I doubt it would have fit in my Impreza and my wife was at work.

Website still shows I can pick it up today.  Doesn't the price change to the local store price in a pickup situation?  Wonder if I should try.  Maybe someone has just stashed one in the back until payday or something.  Other local stores have several, but 398.

Website still shows I can pick it up today. Doesn't the price change to the local store price in a pickup situation? Wonder if I should try. Maybe someone has just stashed one in the back until payday or something. Other local stores have several, but 398.
Auto refund only work if it is available and processed for pickup within 48h. If they couldn't fulfill it and it ends up ship to the store for pickup at a later date, then you'll have to try R&R or change payment method

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Walmart app showed 398. Went by anyway this evening. Scanned a barcode I printed out and sure enough, $100. Long story short there are supposedly none in the store. I couldn't find any and the lady who helped me couldn't find any out front or in back. She mentioned it would help if she had something she could scan like a shelf tag, but couldn't find any. I had her scan my printout. She and a manager looked in the handscanner and found there were two on hand in the system, but they figured it was an error since they couldn't find it and the manager saw that two had been sold yesterday. Should have gone yesterday and been late to work although I doubt it would have fit in my Impreza and my wife was at work.

Website still shows I can pick it up today. Doesn't the price change to the local store price in a pickup situation? Wonder if I should try. Maybe someone has just stashed one in the back until payday or something. Other local stores have several, but 398.
It's a pretty noticeable box (it's the only purple TV box I've seen; if it's the Phillips TV you're talking about).

If all Walmart stores are set up the same, then getting anything from the back is a huge pain in the ass and most associates will try to avoid doing so if possible. Associates have to request a manager to go to the back of the store where all the electronics items are in a sectioned off area, behind a gate that has a lock on it. Using the gemini, the associate should be able to see if it is binned (or has a location in the back of the store)... but usually it's a huge mess, it's not in the correct bin location, or whomever went to the back to get that particular item previously didn't pick the item and so it still says it's in that bin location.

Also if for instance your store doesn't have it, really all the associate has to do is go to a different submenu using the gemini to check other stores. It literally takes them 30 seconds, and if they refuse to do so just ask another associate. Before I worked there, I figured it was difficult to check stock, but the reality of it is that employees are just lazy.

Checked a couple local stores today. Neither had either TV marked down. Did however make friends with the electronics manager. She had no problems with my cheapness and said as long as I wasn't a "flipper" she'd always be glad to help. Even pulled a list of entire inventory with prices to let me see if there was anything I was interested in.

bread's done
Back