Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
One store has 4 of them, tempted. 2 inputs is the only thing holding me back (XB, PS4, Chromecast currently), the 120hz caught my eye.
The lack of inputs is a little disappointing but if you just get a splitter it's fine. I was disappointed by not having an aux out but I will just have to get an optical audio cord to hook up to my sound bar.

Found Mabel Amiibo for a buck at my walmart while ago. Had 3 but the other 2 had holes in card as if someone had poked finger through the back of them for some reason. Also these free little walmart gaming magazines have some good articles in them & poster. I was looking for a good deal on external hdd for my XB1 S but didn't leave empty handed. First Amiibo I've purchased in a long time.

16265624_1434728833236118_4732163239013145393_n.jpg

I found at my local store the 12g ps3 that's bundled with marvel infinity for 125, I snapped a photo, but I can't upload from my phone, 125$, had 3 on the shelf currently. Not bad i guess

I found at my local store the 12g ps3 that's bundled with marvel infinity for 125, I snapped a photo, but I can't upload from my phone, 125$, had 3 on the shelf currently. Not bad i guess
Yuck. So glad I got a 500GB PS3 for $60 back when Target was clearancing out most of their PS3s.

checked brickseek for shovel knight on the wii u and one in the area had it at 7 dollars (normal price is $15 at walmart). picked 2 up

Glad to see another store getting in on the $3 clearance bandwagon. When they had that at the store near me last week, it didn't last long. I'm glad that I grabbed what I could at the time!

I was just there yesterday. Didn't really see anything. Is there a bin of stuff?
In Gardendale it was just random games in the regular case marked for clearance. I saw Divinty for 7, Dragonball for 15, Black Ops double pack (PS3) for 15.
In Cullman there was a box by the cell phones and a large section of XB1 games by the photo lab. Sunset overdrive for 10, a bunch of garbage and Disney Infinity 2.0 starter packs for 5.

Stopped by my store today and they had the PlayStation Vita and PSP Go on clearance. The PSP Go was $75 and the PSV was $100. I got a PSP Go because I'm weird like that even though it was only $25 more for the Vita. I'll probably keep it in the box for a bit and mull it over, but I have been waiting for it to go on sale forever.

PSV SKU 46988836 PSP Go SKU 11959169. Both of them are showing out of stock or none available in my area, but as you can see by the pictures there was still some there.

Stopped by my store today and they had the PlayStation Vita and PSP Go on clearance. The PSP Go was $75 and the PSV was $100. I got a PSP Go because I'm weird like that even though it was only $25 more for the Vita. I'll probably keep it in the box for a bit and mull it over, but I have been waiting for it to go on sale forever.

PSV SKU 46988836 PSP Go SKU 11959169. Both of them are showing out of stock or none available in my area, but as you can see by the pictures there was still some there.
Wow, didn't think I'd see those.

These were over a span of months but I've been finding some great deals a bunch of different times.

1st X360 Escape Dead Island $5 (not sure if this was used or not though, but still a great deal).

2nd I think was X360 Ass Creed 4/Rogue combo $10 (didn't need BlackFlag because X1 so traded it to GameStop for $3+) either way $5 each game essentially.

3rd X1 Might Number 9 sig edition (I think they all are though) $10

My Walmart's info:
I think that's it for what I got, but I have 2 Walmarts near me 1 has nothing that I know of or very little. The 2nd one that I frequent has a 4 direction shelving in the middle walking isle to the side of the games area. 3 directions of the shelves are usually filled with games with the other being something random I think. This is in Wisconsin West Allis area, but has a bunch of games usually with a sticker on them that the checkout person has to input. The games are usually just scattered around and you have to really look to find something you want.

Get the PSP Go! Get all of them if you can! They're EXCELLENT emulation machines (NES, SNES, Genesis, GameBoy, etc.) once they're hacked and will go for top dollar in the near future when everyone's into retro gaming.

Get the PSP Go! Get all of them if you can! They're EXCELLENT emulation machines (NES, SNES, Genesis, GameBoy, etc.) once they're hacked and will go for top dollar in the near future when everyone's into retro gaming.
Well, you can just hack a regular PSP or Vita. Or just use your phone which is what most people do.

Well, you can just hack a regular PSP or Vita. Or just use your phone which is what most people do.
The advantage of the PSP Go is how small it is compared to the original PSP. And of course you don't wear down your phone battery while playing the Go. Also the feel of actually pushing buttons beats a touchscreen any time.

Holy crap, did they send the rest of the nations stock of psp go to your store? If I had money I would totally buy one. I picked up a used one off of fb for $10. Don't know if it even works

Jeez where are you located at that these are still around nice find congrats

Need some advice from you guys that understand Walmart better than I do.  I ordered a BF 3DS Mario Edition online for ship to store and I just picked it up yesterday.  Since I ordered it recently, the price was $180 and not the $99 BF price.  I asked to return and rebuy the handheld and the department manager shot me down saying they would require the item to be in stock on the sales floor already to let me buy it at the cheaper price since it was a "ship to store order" instead of a "store pick up order" as evidenced by the shipping box it arrived in.  The employee next to him was backing him and up and saying something about the warehouse expecting the item back if I were to return it and they couldn't sell it to me immediately if I opted to return it.  So I just took my online order with me for the time being.

I saw awhile back peole mentioning having success with return/rebuy.  Is this a YMMV thing or did I just have bad luck with running into a difficult manager?  TIA

Need some advice from you guys that understand Walmart better than I do. I ordered a BF 3DS Mario Edition online for ship to store and I just picked it up yesterday. Since I ordered it recently, the price was $180 and not the $99 BF price. I asked to return and rebuy the handheld and the department manager shot me down saying they would require the item to be in stock on the sales floor already to let me buy it at the cheaper price since it was a "ship to store order" instead of a "store pick up order" as evidenced by the shipping box it arrived in. The employee next to him was backing him and up and saying something about the warehouse expecting the item back if I were to return it and they couldn't sell it to me immediately if I opted to return it. So I just took my online order with me for the time being.

I saw awhile back peole mentioning having success with return/rebuy. Is this a YMMV thing or did I just have bad luck with running into a difficult manager? TIA
From what I understand they only refund the difference when the local store price is lower if it was actually in stock at the store when you purchased it online. If it had to be shipped to the store they will not. What happens if you return it as to whether it goes back to a warehouse or on the shelf? I dunno.

Since my question was about Walmart protocol which can be YMMV I figured this would be the closest thread to that. The CE thread didn't really make sense.
He wasn't talking about you, he was referring to his own post that he then edited and just left "Wrong thread."

Need some advice from you guys that understand Walmart better than I do. I ordered a BF 3DS Mario Edition online for ship to store and I just picked it up yesterday. Since I ordered it recently, the price was $180 and not the $99 BF price. I asked to return and rebuy the handheld and the department manager shot me down saying they would require the item to be in stock on the sales floor already to let me buy it at the cheaper price since it was a "ship to store order" instead of a "store pick up order" as evidenced by the shipping box it arrived in. The employee next to him was backing him and up and saying something about the warehouse expecting the item back if I were to return it and they couldn't sell it to me immediately if I opted to return it. So I just took my online order with me for the time being.

I saw awhile back peole mentioning having success with return/rebuy. Is this a YMMV thing or did I just have bad luck with running into a difficult manager? TIA
why would you ask to return and rebuy

Is the current instore price of that item $99 ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's what's being reported by some people on here. I can't get to the in-store purchase stage to confirm myself.

From what I understand they only refund the difference when the local store price is lower if it was actually in stock at the store when you purchased it online. If it had to be shipped to the store they will not. What happens if you return it as to whether it goes back to a warehouse or on the shelf? I dunno.
Based on what the department manager said yesterday, it seemed like the 3DS has to go back to the warehouse. So I'm wondering whether people that got a successful return/rebuy were just lucky ones and it's extreme YMMV. If I knew that were the case, I wouldn't have bothered ordering from Walmart in the first place.

That's what's being reported by some people on here. I can't get to the in-store purchase stage to confirm myself.

Based on what the department manager said yesterday, it seemed like the 3DS has to go back to the warehouse. So I'm wondering whether people that got a successful return/rebuy were just lucky ones and it's extreme YMMV. If I knew that were the case, I wouldn't have bothered ordering from Walmart in the first place.
i know at meijers your not allowed to said they have to return it. no return and rebuys says its unfair not sure how its unfair

find this funny of a thing i just shipped this week though ebay

ummm we either delivered it in the mail box or we threw it at the box either way it got there lol

DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX

Jan-25-17, 13:32 PM, WASHINGTON, WV 26181

I would kill for a NIB white PSP Go. I searched all over the map even in states around me and Brickseek came up with nothing. Where are you that you found this cache of PSP Go's?

From what I understand isn't return/rebuying like return fraud?
I try to stay away from it in that case.
Not to mention paying $180 online for a $100 product implies you bought it from a 3rd party buyer, which Walmart wouldn't have anything to do with. So when you return that product when they mention it has to "go to the warehouse" extensively that means back to the space that was allotted to the 3rd party seller to re-sell.

From what I understand isn't return/rebuying like return fraud?
I try to stay away from it in that case.
Not to mention paying $180 online for a $100 product implies you bought it from a 3rd party buyer, which Walmart wouldn't have anything to do with. So when you return that product when they mention it has to "go to the warehouse" extensively that means back to the space that was allotted to the 3rd party seller to re-sell.
Return/rebuy is not return fraud. He would be returning an item bought from Walmart.com to Walmart (as you are supposed to with walmart.Com returns) and then repurchasing it from Walmart.

Also, after black Friday Walmart.com listed some of the black Friday 100 dollar 3ds consoles on its site for 180 or something. This is what I believe he bought. I believe the thought process is these will ring up as 100 in the store.

Also, 3rd party sellers on Walmart.com cannot be returned to the store at all. You have to deal with the sellers directly and their return policies.

bread's done
Back