Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If you bought something shipped from Walmart.com (and not store pickup), it'll have to be returned to their warehouse and can not just be purchased back. Now that doesn't mean employees can't let you buy it back, but they aren't suppose to.

If you bought something shipped from Walmart.com (and not store pickup), it'll have to be returned to their warehouse and can not just be purchased back. Now that doesn't mean employees can't let you buy it back, but they aren't suppose to.
Ah, fiddlesticks ... I wouldn't have stalked the Walmart listing and went with the purchase if I knew the return/rebuy was YMMV. I remember it being mentioned by others on here but I avoid YMMV deals when possible. Thanks for confirming for me.

If anyone is picking up or has picked up a PSVR and hasn't bought the move controllers, Walmart has them on clearance for $17.50 for one controller so a pair would be $35 pre-tax. Beats the $100 for the two they're trying to peddle now. The only caveat is that they were the singular ones made for the PS3 so you will need a PS3 charging cable to charge them (ones for PS3 controllers will work or you can buy one at walmart if they have it as well). There's also the possibility of the rechargeable batteries inside them to have degraded by now, but I haven't had any issues so far.

Sku is 17422808.

[attachment=25268:FullSizeRender.jpg]

So are people finding the PSP Gos and Vitas in stock at their stores even if they don't show up on brickseek? I definitely would buy one of each so I may swing by a Walmart and check after work.

Since my question was about Walmart protocol which can be YMMV I figured this would be the closest thread to that. The CE thread didn't really make sense.
Sorry, my "Wrong thread" comment was my goof. I posted something about Best Buy in this and later edited it when I realized I posted it to the wrong thread. It wasn't directed at you. :)

PSVita for $100? I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Looking to get 1 once I get my tax refund.

I still regret to this day for not buying a used PSVita at Salvation Army for $100 with 2 games last year.

I actually found a PS Vita for $100 two days ago. This store had these Vita's hidden under the PS section in the locked cases. Last time I was there they were $200 and I completely forgot they were there. Sure enough I went there for another deal and found they had 1 left (they had 2). Box was cut a bit but it's new. 

Ah, fiddlesticks ... I wouldn't have stalked the Walmart listing and went with the purchase if I knew the return/rebuy was YMMV. I remember it being mentioned by others on here but I avoid YMMV deals when possible. Thanks for confirming for me.
Not ymmv
Online purchase you can't do... back to warehouse
Pick up in store you can

Not ymmv
Online purchase you can't do... back to warehouse
Pick up in store you can
Just to clarify, what about site-to-store pickups? I wanted to try and get the kiddo a Step2 ninja turtle kitchen that brick seek shows as $25 with 0 qty at a local store. Website let me order one to be picked up at said local store at the full website price of $95. I was hoping to do some kind of return/rebuy or equivalent when it gets to the store in about a week. Will they really send that big box back to the warehouse if I return/cancel/let my order expire?

Just to clarify, what about site-to-store pickups? I wanted to try and get the kiddo a Step2 ninja turtle kitchen that brick seek shows as $25 with 0 qty at a local store. Website let me order one to be picked up at said local store at the full website price of $95. I was hoping to do some kind of return/rebuy or equivalent when it gets to the store in about a week. Will they really send that big box back to the warehouse if I return/cancel/let my order expire?
afaik it only works to drop the price automatically to the store price if its pickup in 24hrs thing. As far as return/rebuy IDK if they would let you do it w it, but I believe its no go site-to-store unless they put it out into the floor after returns from online as them the seller. Check slickdeals they have a bunch of info on that in the wm tv clearance thread from there when I checked it out months ago when the big tv drops of the tv happened (I did not get any fo them though, but learned some good info)

Lol too busy chasing a deal rather then something they actually want to use and fail to realize it's not a deal. I mean only difference is a 3 month warranty vs 1 year warranty unless you wanted a sealed one to keep sealed on the shelf.

Got swindled into running an errand a hour away. Stopped by the Walmart in that area not expecting much of anything since it is literally the only shopping center in town. Games were either not on clearance or only $5 off.
I did walk out with a $200 Alienware and 2 $100 vitas though!

Got swindled into running an errand a hour away. Stopped by the Walmart in that area not expecting much of anything since it is literally the only shopping center in town. Games were either not on clearance or only $5 off.
I did walk out with a $200 Alienware and 2 $100 vitas though!
What is the Alienware? sku's for it and the vita?

Vita 071171950055
Alienware 088411616213

Haul wasnt as great as I originally thought. Both Vita's were slit open. Everything inside looks unmolested, but I hoped to sell one to pay for both. Going to be hard to convince someone "no really, it's brand new!"

Vita 071171950055
Alienware 088411616213

Haul wasnt as great as I originally thought. Both Vita's were slit open. Everything inside looks unmolested, but I hoped to sell one to pay for both. Going to be hard to convince someone "no really, it's brand new!"
I think you posted the UPCs from the packages. Can you tell us the model number of the Alienware PC?

EDIT:

Vita --> 44900449

Alienware --> 38579196

edd81681a8.jpg
edd8265090.jpg

The only way I would ever pick up any version of Duck Dynasty is if it gets pennied out.  And even then I'm not sure I'd want it taking up space in my game room.

Picked up two 4gb vita memory cards for 3.50

1 8gb vita memory card for 3.50

also picked up megaman anniversary collection and shovel knights $7 each. Both weren't in the clearance section but still rang up for $7 so check the prices anyway. I just scanned them on the price checker to find out their prices

I passed up Duck Dynasty for every system when it was $3 at my local Walmart. I didn't want to compromise the integrity of my game collection or help to financially support those hicks and their empire.
There are worse games to have in your collection. And at some point there was demand for it because it was flippable to GS (I think from BB).

There are worse games to have in your collection. And at some point there was demand for it because it was flippable to GS (I think from BB).
I beat Duck Dynasty on PS4; doesn't blow as bad as you'd think, but the races will give you a brain aneurysm due to how bad the AI opponents cheat.

also picked up megaman anniversary collection and shovel knights $7 each. Both weren't in the clearance section but still rang up for $7 so check the prices anyway. I just scanned them on the price checker to find out their prices
What are the sku's for the vita memory cards?

Damn $7 for megaman? I'd pass up the crappy collectors edition for that price, where you located?Not that it really matters but just checking.

You overpaid by $6.80

p2yV8BB.jpg

Never knew why people wanted the skus until those links. Now I want an sku for mega man lol
Just click the "search here" button above where you put in your zip code and search for it. The Brickseek site actually has a pretty good search function. Also, only the XBox One version of Megaman Legacy Collection is on clearance for $7. The other versions are still $20 at most stores.

That's the version I want lol

*hmm just searched and I don't see it it coming up.
*I tried mega man and megaman

bread's done
Back