Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Got 

Transformers Devastation PS4 - $5

^ the only thing worth taking at my home store way too lazy to travel to other Walmarts I live in the city doubt anything good left

Thanks, TOGW. Found a few copies of Minecraft, but passed on Beyond and Bioshock for now.

I saw some PSP games, too, and they were super dusty and had discolored cases. Some MLB game and Gran Turismo for $5 each.
Willing to sell one of those minecrafts?

Just picked up Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate on the vita for $9. I've been watching this one for a long time for it to drop as it is the last vita game from any local walmart store that I didn't have.

Willing to sell one of those minecrafts?
Just for the record. You do know there's no cart in those. It's a empty case with a voucher...a voucher that's most likely expired.

Just picked up Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate on the vita for $9. I've been watching this one for a long time for it to drop as it is the last vita game from any local walmart store that I didn't have.

Just for the record. You do know there's no cart in those. It's a empty case with a voucher...a voucher that's most likely expired.
Yes, there's no physical copy inside (the cover clearly states that), but no, the voucher is not expired. I had no problem redeeming mine and neither did others who got some of my extra copies. If anyone finds a $5 Minecraft at your Walmart, don't let this guy discourage you from buying it.

Yes, there's no physical copy inside (the cover clearly states that), but no, the voucher is not expired. I had no problem redeeming mine and neither did others who got some of my extra copies. If anyone finds a $5 Minecraft at your Walmart, don't let this guy discourage you from buying it.
You also used to get the ps3 version for free as well (crossbuy) so I'm guess that is something that might still be available.

I know. I'm going for a complete collection.

I said the voucher likely expired as in it could have. Those PSN codes until recently only have a couple of years(2 or 3) shelf life. I dug around apparently this one expires on 3/31/17 for those who want to know, so it's good for about 2 more months.

And I'm not telling anyone not to buy it if that fact doesn't bother you, but even with the print on the cover not everyone notices it. What's discouraging is the developer trying to pass off a digital voucher as a physical game. Granted yes at least this time around they put a disclaimer on the cove, Still printing up a art cover & slipping it into a empty case to sell at retail is a stupid idea.

I know. I'm going for a complete collection.
Okay, just saying if you wanted a physical cart the EU version got one.

I would like a mega man for Xbox but then I have to pay shipping. If that's the case I might as well wait for a price drop or something. Unless someone wants ass creed rogue for ps3 as a trade

Halo 5 Master Chief controllers for the XB1 are $35. just got one. They're great for that price. No playncharge kit, but still a good controller for about half the price. I don't think that's an YMMV price either. I think that's in the overall system.

Uncharted 4 Grey Blue Dualshock 4 Controller

Says it's $30 at my local store, but didn't see it on the shelf.

I said the voucher likely expired as in it could have. Those PSN codes until recently only have a couple of years(2 or 3) shelf life. I dug around apparently this one expires on 3/31/17 for those who want to know, so it's good for about 2 more months.

And I'm not telling anyone not to buy it if that fact doesn't bother you, but even with the print on the cover not everyone notices it. What's discouraging is the developer trying to pass off a digital voucher as a physical game. Granted yes at least this time around they put a disclaimer on the cove, Still printing up a art cover & slipping it into a empty case to sell at retail is a stupid idea.

lol K.

Your first post just seemed sour grapes. I was just reassuring people who did find one or were thinking of braving Walmart to hunt one down that it's still redeemable, instead of passing on a discouraging assumption of an expiration. ;)

39807357 PS3 Bioshock Complete Edition $1

46010433 3DS Zip Lash with Amiibo $7

45725082 3DS Animal Crossing Home Designer with NFC reader $15

:pS4: Dishonored DE $10
:pS4: The Evil Within $10
:pS4: Godeater 2 $15
:pS4: Farming simulator $15
:pS4: Dragon Age Inquisition (vanilla) $10
:pS4: Killzone Shadowfall $8

:pS3: Diablo 3 UEE $10
:pS3: Skyrim Legendary $8
:pS3: PS Allstars Battle Royale $7
:pS3: Sly Cooper Thieves in Time $6

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Found some more XB1 games:

NBA Live 15 $3

Resident Evil 6 $3

Shadow Warrior $9

Sniper Elite 3 $9

Cabella's African Adventures $9

Also, Kirby and Waddle Dee Planet Robobot Amiibos are $5. Those are listed as clearance, so it may be YMMV

At a Walmart 40min from me I found:
Yoshi's wooly world $15 (no amiibo)
Hyrule warriors $30
Xenoblade Chronicles C $30
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse $20
Mario Tennis $25
Zelda Twilight Princess HD $30
Edit: also Pikmin 3 for $10 and Super Mario Galaxy for $9

You also used to get the ps3 version for free as well (crossbuy) so I'm guess that is something that might still be available.

I don't know about the vita vouchers but even though the Minecraft PS3 vouchers haven't expired yet, the voucher only allowed the Vita version to be downloaded in March 2016, I checked with Sony & Sony said that the Mojang had disabled the crossbuy function & they referenced https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1797597-transfer-from-ps3-to-ps4-vita saying that it ended on February 25, 2016 & refused to honor the contents of the voucher lolol. The EU page for the game used to say that all unredeemed vouchers will be honored but now they've removed it too. The US chat support people said that it just meant the vouchers would be redeemable for just the Vita version up until March 2017, but doesn't make any sense coz that's just reiterating what the original expiration date is instead of really reoffering the crossbuy function back.

Saw:
:ps3: Darksiders II $7
:ps3: Borderlands Triple Pack $10
:ps3: Assassins Creed LE Rogue + Black Flag bundle $9 (Black Flag is also $9 by itself
:ps3: Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack $9
:ps3: Wolf Among Us $5 (funny coz I just saw this at Target for $5.06...somehow $5.06 is 70% off of $19.99...no idea lol)
:ps3: Transformers Fall of Cybertron $15
:ps3: Beyond 2 Souls $5
:ps3: Borderlands 2 $5
:ps3: Dishonored GotY $5
:ps3: God of War Origins Collection $7
:ps3: Ni No Kuni $9
:ps3: 2K Essentials Collection $9
:ps4: Resident Evil 5 $5
:ps4: Knack $8
:ps4: Wolf Among Us $10
:ps4: Helldivers $7
:ps4: DMC Def Edition $7
:ps4: Wolfenstein Old Blood $7
:ps4: Mighty No. 9 $10
:360: Halo 3 $3
:360: Max Payne 3 $3
:360: AC/DC Live Rock Band Track Pack $0.02 lolol
:360: Back to the Future $7
:3ds: Duck Dynasty $3
:3ds: Monster Hunter 4 $15
:ds: Walking Pedometer things? $5

It was mentioned in the other walmart thread but the game "Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition" for XB1/PS4 is $7 and seems to have overwhelmingly positive reviews (as well the original). Haven't played it myself but cant beat that price for those reviews.

Any fellow gamers that work walmart cs in Orange County wanna help me out with a return and rebuy on the 65 inch 4K Visio? I had surgery two weeks ago and was unable to go get it adjusted. Past my 14 days. I'll make it worth your while with a gift card or something

Found 3 Vitas at one store, they ended up being the Borderlands bundle, rang up at $99.  Brickseek reported them as the normal console as they showed 0 Borderlands ones in stock and 3 Vita only but in reality, it was reversed.  Borderlands SKU is 36009510.  

Also saw Tearaway for the PS4 for $7 at another store.

My store had zero games discounted and they looked at me like I had 2 noses when I asked about the Master Chief controller despite brickseek saying 5. Ton of as-is tv sets, but no way I'd buy one at Wal-Mart.

RIP Clearance isle at my store :(

There's another store not far that has a separate clearance section for each department. Hopefully that's what this one is transitioning to.

I know mine was a launch edition, I'll do the store pickup and let you guys know if I score. If not I'll probably just keep it anyways.
$49.99 at my store. They had 2 copies. Then again, my store also had literally 9 Black and about 4 Red original 3DS in lockup for $169.99. Also, Other M was $30. This store is ridiculous...

$49.99 at my store. They had 2 copies. Then again, my store also had literally 9 Black and about 4 Red original 3DS in lockup for $169.99. Also, Other M was $30. This store is ridiculous...
Rang up $39.99 here and I had some extra savings catcher credit. I'm waiting for SMT IV to come in the mail to beat first then I'm going to Apocalypse. Oh well, win some u lose some.

So I should have stopped after the first Wal-Mart (went to 3 in the area). This is what I picked up at the first, nothing at the others.
cagdeal.jpg

bread's done
Back