Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Any opinions on an alienware alpha console for $190?
Was wondering the same though my store has them at $199.99.

:ps3: DualShock3 Blue, Red, White are $20... Black is $39.xx and Gold is still msrp at $59.xx though. Not sure if it is worth it though coz u can use PS4 controllers on PS3...I mean is there any point in getting PS3 contollers anymore with the existence of things like CronusMax Plus?

:ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 $7

Found three titles I picked up that were buried in a $19.95 bin - but they weren't $19.95

:pS4:  Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $7.00

:pS4:  inFamous Second Sun - $9.00

:pS3:  Journey Collector's Edition - $7.00

Also saw:  

:3ds:  Yoshi's New Island (NOT the Nintendo Selects version) $15.00

Any opinions on an alienware alpha console for $190?
I own one, and I paid a lot more than $190 for it, so I would definitely say that it's worth the price, even if it's an i3. The only thing that can't be upgraded on it is the GPU, but posters on Reddit say that it will run many recent releases on low settings. I mainly use mine for indie games and games that I missed during the PS3/Xbox era that I bought on Steam. But it's great, only slightly larger than a Dreamcast in size. :D

Was wondering the same though my store has them at $199.99.

:ps3: DualShock3 Blue, Red, White are $20... Black is $39.xx and Gold is still msrp at $59.xx though. Not sure if it is worth it though coz u can use PS4 controllers on PS3...I mean is there any point in getting PS3 contollers anymore with the existence of things like CronusMax Plus?
:ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 $7
Do you have the SKU or model # so I could check it out. I would definitely be interested in getting one, but none of them are showing as $199 on the website.

Do you have the SKU or model # so I could check it out. I would definitely be interested in getting one, but none of them are showing as $199 on the website.
If it is the one that has been discussed over the past week or so, it's this one:

Dell Alienware Alpha ASM100-1580 Desktop Gaming PC Dual-Core i3-4130T Processor
SKU 38579196

MSRP: $559.00

UPC 884116162131

Just picked up,

Crimes & Punishment Sherklock Holmes (PS4) - $7

Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (PS4) - $14.98

Also found one reemerging copy of,

Terraria (Vita) for $10(Might be less as that what it was marked and I didn't bother scanning it to check). 

As I already have one, if of my fellow vita collectors wants it I could see about picking it up for only cost plus ship tomorrow if I stop by.  It be no skin off my back except that I have to dig through that dam bing again. :lol:

On the other side of things that lone copy of Xbox Triple pack(the one with Limbo, Trials, and Splosion Man), that I've been waiting for them to drop for like 2 or 3 years now....went out of the system with the full price tag on it.  If I try to buy it they'll insist on the price on the tag or if I point out it's out of the system in hopes of they'll reprice it, they'll just pull it and it will disappear.  Either way it's lost to me.

EDIT:  The Terraria is spoken for.

Not a ton of luck today only 1 of the two Walmarts I hit had a bin and it was a mix of games, CDs, and DVDs :p. Interestingly enough there weren't many games in their aside from the regular $19.99 stuff. However they did have alot of more games out in "bargain" aisle and on the endcaps in protective cases. None of them had prices on them though so I filled up my buggy with the ones I was interested and hit a price checker.

Darksouls II Scholar of the First Sin (PS4)- $7

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4) - $7

The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition (PS4) - $14.99

All of the stores also had opened up rather large clearance sections in the garden area. Grabbed some more camping and hiking gear for cheap. Got two new sleeping bags for $7 and $11 as well as a nice subzero steel thermos for $4, and a Eton Scorpion II Portable Emergency Hiking Radio and Flashlight for $16 which will be pretty handy if I ever need an emergency phone charge while out on the trail plus the radio/flashlight is handy.

I stopped by my local walmart and cosmetics were the theme in the clearance section. Stocked up on Old Spice deodorant/antiperspirant for 50 cents a piece. 

It depends on which one it is. The first generation of Alphas were pretty awful.
I disagree, at least for the price anyway. If you do some overclocking on the 860m it becomes very capable... Played through all of Resident Evil 7 on mine with medium settings. Here's me running some benchmarks.
https://youtu.be/apsF9gpJYKU

https://youtu.be/FQf-v9dH6do

https://youtu.be/4cD5UMtwgKU

Found this for $11 tonight...another store on brickseek has it at $5.

Skylanders Imaginators Portal Owners Pack (WalMart Exclusive) (Xbox One)

SKU 55122196

MSRP: $49.96

UPC 047875880221

Found Tearaway for PS4 for $7 tonight.. Also had Divinity for PS4 for $7 but since I had it for XBox One I left it for someone else to happen upon.

Found both Dishonored and Divinty for the PS4 for $5 along with Wolfenstein The New Order for $10(also PS4). The store where I found the first two titles had them located in the very back of electronics in a cardboard bin with a bunch of pre-owned and other non-marked down games. 

Found Tearaway for PS4 for $7 tonight.. Also had Divinity for PS4 for $7 but since I had it for XBox One I left it for someone else to happen upon.
I got Tearaway for $7 from Walmart a couple of days ago but I have to stop playing. The game is good graphics wise (it's beautiul) and the story is very kid friendly yet whimsical. Still, it bores the hell out of me to the point where I was skipping the story moments just to get done with the game. I finally looked up a chapter guide and found I was half way thru the game. I end up taking it out of my PS4 and delete the data.

It isn't a horrible game but damn is it a kids game. As in it's made to 5 year olds with short attention spans. idk I expected the game to grip me some more but it was a let down.

If anyone is able to get an extra copy of Divinity for the PS4 I would gladly pay you for your trouble.

All the Walmarts near me are tapped out according to brickseek and I struck out during the BF Target sale.

First time poster, long time lurker. I've found some great deals over the years lurking CAG. Found these for $7 each. Sonic was listed at $39.99 and Giana at $15. Both in glass case. I asked guy to check the price. He said he doubted Giana was cheaper but wouldn't doubt if sonic was. Don't know why he said that, must have been a gamer himself. Sure enough both rang up for $7 and he was shocked. I look forward to posting more in the future posts.

Here is a list of some of the games w/prices reported here and in the Walmart $15 bin thread. Alot of the prices vary from store to store but most of these have at least some form of price reduction at most Walmarts.

$5
Dark Siders 2 DE (XB1/PS4)
Prison Architect
Shadow Warrior

$7
Dark Souls II Scholar (PS4/XB1/360/PS3)
Divinity (PS4/XB1)
Back to the Future (PS4/360)
Shovel Knight (PS4/Vita/3DS/Wii U)
Megaman Legacy
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams Director's Cut
Dead Island collection
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (XB1)
Journey CE (PS3)
Persona Q (3DS)
Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4/XB1)
Ico + Shadow of the Colosuss
Devil May Cry

$10
Mirrors Edge
Rocket League Collector's Edition
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
Puzzle & Dragons SMB Edition
Robinson: The Journey
Star Ocean
Xenoblade Chronicles X
DragonBall Xenoverse

$15
Game & Wario (Wii U)
God Eater 2 (PS4)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U)

a476f991c9f579002c0b51c65745a10a.jpg

60a9655b1cb0008a7872847cdd893434.jpg
Got the vacuum sealer on Monday from a different Walmart. $39. I couldn't believe it. I picked up a Ziploc vacuum sealer last month from Walmart from Walmart, but this one is 10X better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a476f991c9f579002c0b51c65745a10a.jpg

60a9655b1cb0008a7872847cdd893434.jpg
Got the vacuum sealer on Monday from a different Walmart. $39. I couldn't believe it. I picked up a Ziploc vacuum sealer last month from Walmart from Walmart, but this one is 10X better.

Gotta go look for a food saver now, thanks

Retail $154???
Yeah, I was blown away the first time I went to look into buying one of those. $40 is an amazing price, but I have nothing but zeroes around me. Sucks too because I was going to look into getting an immersion cooker to do some sous vide cooking and this would have been perfect to seal the food

Thanks. Showing none in stock near me, but at least one store in my area is showing up. May swing by tomorrow and have a look.
It surprised the hell out of me. My box didn't have a price on it. When an associate scanned it & told me the price I was floored even though I tried to play it cool. Thank goodness I needed a oil change, otherwise I would've missed out. I love the marinade setting. I highly recommend looking for one.

Walmart by my work supposedly has three of them for $39.  Now, do I really need one or will this just be something that will just take up space and collect dust?

Found a nice honey hole today :). Heading back tomorrow to pick up some more. They had a few hundred games out on the shelves and a 5x4 bin full of games that will take a while to go through :p. Everything is marked $20 so nobody has touched any of it. A few people noticed me at the price checker and schooched over there after seeing how many $7 games there were.

They had multiple copies of DMC definitive edition and I was hoping to pick up one but they all rang up as errors in their system :p.

All games were $7 aside from Oblivion GOTY which was $12.88 and Wonderful 101 which was $15. Kirby amiibos were in the clearance aisle marked down to $5.

5aygXy9.jpg

Found a nice honey hole today :). Heading back tomorrow to pick up some more. They had a few hundred games out on the shelves and a 5x4 bin full of games that will take a while to go through :p. Everything is marked $20 so nobody has touched any of it. A few people noticed me at the price checker and schooched over there after seeing how many $7 games there were.

They had multiple copies of DMC definitive edition and I was hoping to pick up one but they all rang up as errors in their system :p.

All games were $7 aside from Oblivion GOTY which was $12.88 and Wonderful 101 which was $15. Kirby amiibos were in the clearance aisle marked down to $5.

5aygXy9.jpg
Never heard of or saw Oblivion (or any BC games) being rerelased with that packaging. Interesting.

Never heard of or saw Oblivion (or any BC games) being rerelased with that packaging. Interesting.
I think there are a few of them getting rereleases like that. Doom BFG has been rereleased in similar packaging I picked it up at Best Buy for $12 the other day.

Edit NVM Doom BFG just has a box added to the cover art that says Compatible with XB1. Pretty sure I've seen other games with the new case recently though. All I know is it's going to be another type of variant that for whatever reason has sparked my interest :p.

bread's done
Back