Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
my local Walmart dumped a bazillion games I had never seen before into a huge bin thing in the middle of the aisle so took a while to go thru, though I was really only able to go thru the top half of it or so, lol those baseball & football sport games that are like 5 years old were all like $3

:ps3: Puppeteer $7

:ps3: Telltale Walking Dead Season 1 $9

:ps3: Evil Within $5

:ps3: NFS Most Wanted Limited Edition $9

:ps3: NFS Most Wanted Bonus Edition $9 (Walmart's version of the Limited Edition that includes an extra preorder pack iirc)

:ps3: Remember Me $7

:ps3: Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 Dual Pack $9

:ps3: DmC Devil May Cry Walmart edition $9 (comes with a Walmart exclusive artbook, I already have this game from TrU's 95% sale years ago but anyone know if the artbook is nice? or only like a 4 pages lol)

:ps3: Silent Hill Downpour $9 (is this worth it? I know it's the worst rated SH game but it is the last console SH game tho since PT/Silent Hills was cancelled & the 1st SH game to have 3D)

:ps4: Wolfenstein Old Blood $7

:xb1: Sunset Overdrive Day 1 Edition $9

:3ds: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $9

and a whole bunch of PSP games like 100 but they were all $14.88 or whatever... only one that caught my eye was :psp: 3rd Birthday, one of the random Square Enix M rated games though I have never played any of the Parasite Eve games so didn't get it.

was looking at walmarts site checking what may be in my store only deals were darksiders 2 for $7 and duck dynasty for xb1 and ps4 for $5. so just aload of Poo

Hmm brickseek is showing some high profile games near me got marked down to $5 but out of stock. Might go on a blind hunt tomorrow for scraps.. Was pleasantly surprised when I finally got me a copy of fable anniversary at another store today!

my local Walmart dumped a bazillion games I had never seen before into a huge thing in the middle of the aisle so took a while to go thru, lol those baseball & football sport games that are like 5 years old were all like $3
:ps3: Puppeteer $7
:ps3: Telltale Walking Dead Season 1 $9
:ps3: Evil Within $5
:ps3: NFS Most Wanted Limited Edition $9
:ps3: NFS Most Wanted Bonus Edition $9 (Walmart's version of the Limited Edition that includes an extra preorder pack iirc)
:ps3: Remember Me $7
:ps3: Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 Dual Pack $9
:ps3: DmC Devil May Cry Walmart edition $9 (comes with a Walmart exclusive artbook, I already have this game from TrU's 95% sale years ago but anyone know if the artbook is nice? or only like a 4 pages lol)
:ps3: Silent Hill Downpour $9 (is this worth it? I know it's the worst rated SH game but it is the last console SH game tho since PT/Silent Hills was cancelled & the 1st SH game to have 3D)
:ps4: Wolfenstein Old Blood $7
:xb1: Sunset Overdrive Day 1 Edition $9
:3ds: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $9

and a whole bunch of PSP games like 100 but they were all $14.88 or whatever... only one that caught my eye was :psp: 3rd Birthday, one of the random Square Enix M rated games though I have never played any of the Parasite Eve games so didn't get it.
I sent you a PM about a possible trade.

Hmm brickseek is showing some high profile games near me got marked down to $5 but out of stock. Might go on a blind hunt tomorrow for scraps.. Was pleasantly surprised when I finally got me a copy of fable anniversary at another store today!
Is there an easy way to search without a SKU, or a way to search by store?

Is there an easy way to search without a SKU, or a way to search by store?
Click the word "search" on the SKU page, and you can enter the item name to search that way. It's not very good to use if there are numerous items with that header such as a search for "Star Wars." You can't search by store with Brickseek.

Not as many stores as normally show up for me looking for the food sealer, weird. As someone that gets good use out of an immersion circulator, a zipper freezer bag works pretty darn well (even on 8lb ham and a 4lb pork roast are my biggest cooks so far), and is a lot cheaper in the long run. Proprietary bags/rolls make the vacuum machines not as worth it.

Even if brick seek says 0 it's good to stop by. I found a ton of stuff in stores that wasn't technically in their inventory. Only thing that is pissing me off is I'm running into a lot of items that have been completely removed from their system as in you scan it it pops an error so they randomly mark it $20 since it's in that bin :p.

Found a few new things today:

Farming Simulator 2015 (PC) $5

Sonic Boom Rise of the Lyrics (Wii U) $5

Minecraft (Vita) $5

Oh and for anyone who needs sleeping bags I went to check out the camping aisle to see if there were any more of the $7 bags I purchased the other day. Sadly there weren't but on a whim I scanned a few different bags and sure enough most of the Ozark Trail bags were $7 including the $30 "mummy" bags. So I picked up the last two of those they had as well as a "deluxe" cool weather bag  for camping with the family in the summer..

ROH26x3.jpg

Although that could have been a pricing error at my store since all the other walmarts in the area have it for $20-25.

Cold Weather Mummy Bag

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=49937668

Deluxe Cool Weather Bag

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=34109033

Even if brick seek says 0 it's good to stop by. I found a ton of stuff in stores that wasn't technically in their inventory. Only thing that is pissing me off is I'm running into a lot of items that have been completely removed from their system as in you scan it it pops an error so they randomly mark it $20 since it's in that bin :p.[/url]
Going to take your advice because there is a Walmart near me that says they have 0 stock of both Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and Tokyo Sessions at $20 each but it seems like a risk worth taking.

I wish one of the stores around here would discount Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse it's still $50 at every walmart in the area :p.

My walmart had a bunch of razer blackwidow ultimate mechanical keyboards for $40. Since they had so many I'm going to hold off to see if they reduce them down to half off like some of the other items that weren't selling. 

You know what I'm going to ask right ? SKU? :)

Thanks

My walmart had a bunch of razer blackwidow ultimate mechanical keyboards for $40. Since they had so many I'm going to hold off to see if they reduce them down to half off like some of the other items that weren't selling.

You know what I'm going to ask right ? SKU? :)

Thanks
Download the walmart app and search for "razor black widow ultimate gaming keyboard", and then search by store.

My walmart had a bunch of razer blackwidow ultimate mechanical keyboards for $40. Since they had so many I'm going to hold off to see if they reduce them down to half off like some of the other items that weren't selling.
Said $0.04 at one of my local stores. Walmart's website show that it's available for store pickup tomorrow, however brickseek shows "conflicting data" status and the walmart app show it as unavailable. Every other store in the area it still shows that it's $109. Thanks for the heads up.

When I switch to Walmart for the seller I get an error saying stock status is unavailable...

Download the walmart app and search for "razor black widow ultimate gaming keyboard", and then search by store.

Said $0.04 at one of my local stores. Walmart's website show that it's available for store pickup tomorrow, however brickseek shows "conflicting data" status and the walmart app show it as unavailable. Every other store in the area it still shows that it's $109. Thanks for the heads up.

When I switch to Walmart for the seller I get an error saying stock status is unavailable...
I'm not sure what you mean. You have to use the app, type in what I said, then the header will either say "Walmart.com" on the left or "At Your Store" on the right. Click on the latter, then cycle through the stores in your area by clicking on "Change store" until you find one that has it in stock for the discounted price.

I went looking for some tvs yesterday. Drove 90 minutes in one direction to a store and lucked out. Then I drove 2 hours to another Walmart and lucked out as well. Both of the stores had 3 of the item in question.

I lucked out and decided to stop at one on my way home at the end of my trip. Found a 40" Sony HDTV for $74. Box was a little roughed up but had to come away with something.

I went looking for some tvs yesterday. Drove 90 minutes in one direction to a store and lucked out. Then I drove 2 hours to another Walmart and lucked out as well. Both of the stores had 3 of the item in question.

I lucked out and decided to stop at one on my way home at the end of my trip. Found a 40" Sony HDTV for $74. Box was a little roughed up but had to come away with something.
I'm a bit confused by your use of the term "lucked out".

Found Scream Ride xb1, Zoo Tycoon XB1 and skate 3 xb360 for 5 each. Also grabbed Ryse for 2.75. Not a bad haul considering my Wal Mart's usual clearance deals

Not sure if anyone cares but I found a new copy of Saints Row: Gat out of Hell First Edition for $5 amoung about 10 billion (give or take) shitty sports games...

SKU?

Since nobody else appears to know how Google works: 48183904
I intentionally didn't post it, as I think it helps deter lurkers and the lazy. If left to their own devices, they could probably figure it out, but I'm not gonna spoon feed people. If they can't figure it out, well no clearance deals for them :p

Brickseek literally has a SKU search right on the inventory search page. Do people not realize this?
Who wants to go through all of this?

Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Programmable, Macro Hot Key(s) - Mechanical
Razer BlackWidow - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Ultimate Stealth Edition
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow X Chroma Gaming Keyboard
Razer RZ03-00393600-R3M1 BlackWidow Stealth 2014 Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow X Chroma Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Compatible with Computer - Mechanical
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Compatible with Computer - Mechanical - Black
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - Usb Interface - English [us] - Compatible With Computer - Qwerty Keys Layout - Mechanical - Black (rz03-01701700-r3u1)
Razer BlackWidow X Tournament Edition Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for Macs
Razer Overwatch BlackWidow Chroma Gaming Keyboard, RZ03-01222400-R3M1
Razer Gaming Azer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014-elite Mech
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Stealth 2014 Keyboard RZ03-00811700-R3M1
Razer BlackWidow - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Compatible with PC, Mac - Macro Hot Key(s) - Mechanical

It's just more friendly to post the SKU (or at least the UPC) to help people out, and isn't that the point of this thread?

Who wants to go through all of this?

Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Programmable, Macro Hot Key(s) - Mechanical
Razer BlackWidow - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Ultimate Stealth Edition
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow X Chroma Gaming Keyboard
Razer RZ03-00393600-R3M1 BlackWidow Stealth 2014 Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow X Chroma Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Compatible with Computer - Mechanical
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Compatible with Computer - Mechanical - Black
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - Usb Interface - English [us] - Compatible With Computer - Qwerty Keys Layout - Mechanical - Black (rz03-01701700-r3u1)
Razer BlackWidow X Tournament Edition Gaming Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for Macs
Razer Overwatch BlackWidow Chroma Gaming Keyboard, RZ03-01222400-R3M1
Razer Gaming Azer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014-elite Mech
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Stealth 2014 Keyboard RZ03-00811700-R3M1
Razer BlackWidow - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cable Connectivity - USB Interface - Compatible with PC, Mac - Macro Hot Key(s) - Mechanical

It's just more friendly to post the SKU (or at least the UPC) to help people out, and isn't that the point of this thread?
What's funny is in your example it's literally the second one on the list you posted.

If you type in the name of the item, it's not that difficult to find the sku (especially if it's a video game). People need to just appreciate that the item was posted at all, and that maybe just maybe the people who initially posted the item don't have the sku or upc (from the receipt) available to them when they made the post.

What's funny is in your example it's literally the second one on the list you posted.

If you type in the name of the item, it's not that difficult to find the sku (especially if it's a video game). People need to just appreciate that the item was posted at all, and that maybe just maybe the people who initially posted the item don't have the sku or upc (from the receipt) available to them when they made the post.
Yes, I'm aware it was the second one in the list (still $109 at all my stores).

The problem is that when I type "razer blackwidow" into the search I get those results and so many more (these are just the ones with "razer" and "blackwidow" in their name, anything else shouldn't be listed at all). For video games that don't have five hundred variations of the name, it isn't hard to search for, but for something like this it would be greatly appreciated if people don't intentionally hold back information.

EDIT - I can understand not providing the SKU for the same item over and over again because people are too lazy to read (Hello GameStop thread), but this isn't that.

I was at walmart this morning looking for another clearance item and found a Wii U Pro Controller on clearance for $37.  They also had several Wii remotes on clearance for $30.  I picked up one of the 3 three pro controllers.  Was that a good deal?  I haven't paid a lot of attention to nintendo prices lately.

Random stuff I've found--I especially liked the open-air mass grave of hidden object games at the Cinnaminson store. Some of these prices are only good at one store around here (according to Brickseek) and are even more YMMV than usual.

:ps4:
45777421 Brothers $7
45702419 Tearaway Unfolded $7
47431926 Back to the Future $5
44911577 Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations $5
34516910 Putty Squad $5
44784064 Guitar Hero Live bundle $25 (price uncommon)

:pc:
28201243 The Elder Scrolls Anthology $15
48988767 Pillars of Eternity $7
151301885 Divinity Original Sin $9
19613292 Fallout: New Vegas (UE) $9
28201242 Titanfall $9
40572238 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare $5
26906144 Wolfenstein: The New Order $9
14090087 Total War Battle Pack $9
24412697 The Evil Within $7
46698450 Anno 2205 $7
42513076 Europa Universalis IV $5
52386293 Rocket League $10
36221891 Civilization: Beyond Earth $10
45630934 Civilization: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide $10
15529530 Bioshock Infinite $5
16905368 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $5
42132332 Red Faction Complete $5
15529520 Dungeon Siege III $5
37226115 Battlefield Hardline $7
11099565 Blur $9
13430238 Dragon Age Origins: Awakening $2
(SKU unknown) Endwar $2

:360:
5515987 Halo 3 $3
36443461 Falling Skies $5

:ps3:
20750535 God of War: Ascension $7
16679570 Soul Calibur V $9
20851257 PlayStation All-Stars $7

:xb1:
52776265 Killer Instinct Definitive Edition $20 (price uncommon)

:wii:
49911791 Animal Crossing: City Folk $5 (price uncommon)

I went to two stores that said they had Transformers Devastation and Shovel Knight, 10 and 3 copies respectively, but could not find them anywhere.  Where are you guys locating these bins in the store?

I went to two stores that said they had Transformers Devastation and Shovel Knight, 10 and 3 copies respectively, but could not find them anywhere. Where are you guys locating these bins in the store?
One of stores had the bin next the dvd+bluray bin in the area by books/magazines.

Being Patient has paid off. They finally put half price on the razer keyboard so I was able to get it for $20.

Here's the sku for it 35680295

Feels really weird to type on. There's a lot of space between the keys.

One store had a bin as well as an aisle for Bargain games that were $19.99 everything was mixed together there so you really had to dig. Another store surprisingly the only one which actually marked all the games properly at $7 had them all stashed in the display cases at the very bottom where you couldn't really get a look at them so the fact that they took the time to put individual clearance labels on each one was totally pointless. Another didn't have a bin but did have a $19.99 game aisle but it was hidden a few aisle overs from the rest of the games :roll: .

I found God eater 2 day one edition at one Walmart where it doesn't even ring up. Another Walmart has it for $5 according to brickseek but they have no stock. Is there any way i can pm or return rebuy?

I found God eater 2 day one edition at one Walmart where it doesn't even ring up. Another Walmart has it for $5 according to brickseek but they have no stock. Is there any way i can pm or return rebuy?
Are you in socal? I found god eater day one on clearance and bought it for 55. I went to another store that dropped it to $5 but none in stock they straight out refuse a price adjustment. They were rather rude the assistant manager went over and said she would not match and said no return and no rebuy. She said she could return it and then it would go to "claims." In other words an associate would have bought it. The gf heard the associate that was dealing with us tell the manager that they were going to lose money. The gf was upset not so much about the game but for the unprofessionalism. She called Walmart customer service and said that the complain was filed and that she was going to get a call from the store manager. Still waiting on that call lol. What can we do in this situation? A lot of night profile games dropped to $5 at this store such as xeniblade chronicles but out of stock :(

Are you in socal? I found god eater day one on clearance and bought it for 55. I went to another store that dropped it to $5 but none in stock they straight out refuse a price adjustment. They were rather rude the assistant manager went over and said she would not match and said no return and no rebuy. She said she could return it and then it would go to "claims." In other words an associate would have bought it. The gf heard the associate that was dealing with us tell the manager that they were going to lose money. The gf was upset not so much about the game but for the unprofessionalism. She called Walmart customer service and said that the complain was filed and that she was going to get a call from the store manager. Still waiting on that call lol. What can we do in this situation? A lot of night profile games dropped to $5 at this store such as xeniblade chronicles but out of stock :(
Yeah i am in SoCal.

bread's done
Back