Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i am in SoCal.
I knew it as soon as you mentioned it was $5 near you but none in stock haha. Good luck gettting anything adjusted at that one. Just ask someone in electronics they can look up items on the register no longer in the system

More Walmart clearance

:ps4: Attack on Titan $20
:ps4: Mortal Kombat XL $20
:ps4: One Piece Burning Blood $15
:ps4: Resident Evil Origins Collection $15

Also these as well
50b40c3e1df272fc60320458ba0ae570.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Even though brickseesk showed none in stock, I managed to find a copy of dark souls 2 for Xbox one at my local Walmart hidden behind a whole bunch of 360 games.$7

Geez, for $200 even I would consider an Xbox One. And $20 for Mortal Kombat XL is a pretty decent price too.
I think the XB1 Minecraft clearance was manager's special, still shown on Walmart mobile app at $250.

Meanwhile they still got like 4-5 VCR XB1 (GOW and Division) bundles inside the glass case tagged with msrp. Zero effort to move those things.

I think the XB1 Minecraft clearance was manager's special, still shown on Walmart mobile app at $250.

Meanwhile they still got like 4-5 VCR XB1 (GOW and Division) bundles inside the glass case tagged with msrp. Zero effort to move those things.

I paid 199.99 for this bundle. Non clearance

I was at a Walmart earlier that had a large variety of Vita games behind the glass case with no prices. I asked for someone to check the prices. Most of them didn't come up on the PDA (they also don't show up on Brickseek), so the employee went through a bunch of tablet screens to find that all of the pries were $29.99 or $39.99 each. After that, I didn't feel like checking the Mighty No,9 prices, despite them having it on every platform.

Went to my local Wal-Mart last night and scored these:

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4) - $10

Disney Art Academy (3DS) - $15

Ni No Kuni (PS3) - $10

Xbox One Covert Ops Controller - $22

Also saw:

Quantum Break PC Ultimate Edition - $20

Hyrule Warriors - $15

Xenoblade Chronicles X - $15

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest - $20

Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 - $20

PSVR Worlds - $20

Robinson The Journey - $20

God Eater 2 - $15

I know these were mentioned before but I was able to find these in a bin that was overfilled with games.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gold Edition (PS4) $14.88
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=44909293

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4) $7
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42895050

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4) $7
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46159887

Sniper Elite III Ultimate Edition (PS4) $9
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42496710

Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric (Wii U) $7
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=37517722

Random question but does anyone ever find deals at Sam's Club, BJ's, other wholesale stores? Remember when it was actually easy to look for deals at Sam's Club till they killed off their mobile site which tracked stock.

Random question but does anyone ever find deals at Sam's Club, BJ's, other wholesale stores? Remember when it was actually easy to look for deals at Sam's Club till they killed off their mobile site which tracked stock.
BJs near me has pretty much given up on video games. They have some xbone and ps4 consoles and the newest releases with about a 5 dollars discount. I have not seen any major clearances on them but I don't play those consoles so I don't check that regularly.

The only deal I ever saw at Sam's was when they try to get rid off the VCR XB1 to make way for XB1S

For costco, never seen any jaw dropping video game deals. Only one I can recall was the $50 off Elite Controller

The only thing I see at the Sam's Club I frequent is TTL games and figures at no appreciable discount and an endcap of $20 games at MAYBE $1.50 cheaper than retail.

Same with the Sam's Club locations near me. They used to have really good clearances up until a few years ago, now all they have is Disney Infinity and Skylanders most of which is on clearance for 3 to 4 times the price of other stores (a playset that has been $5 at BBY on clearance at Sam's Club for $24.91), some budget games and a few new release games. I miss the old clearances like when they had the First Edition Vita Bundle for $118 when a regular standalone Vita was still $249 in most stores.

BJ's Wholesale hasn't had much of anything since that amazing clearance 3 years ago where the first party 3DS and Wii U games were $9.98. I did see some Disney Infinity bundle marked down from $70 to $10 about 9 months ago but even that was just an ok deal with the way prices dropped on Disney Infinity items.

I found a PS3 harddrive yesterday and it actually rang up for $12. It was in the locked case. They had almost no clearance marked but they had a lot of really old games in the cases. I'll have to go back when I have more time and see if I can get some one to scan them.

Costco nothing. After Christmas though, they have the comfiest memory foam, slipper booties for $5 every year. :lol:

The last time I saw a good clearance at Sam's was years ago with silver or black PS2s for around $60. Now it's like 1 gallon of Hellman's mayonnaise for $5. Membership not renewed.

I found a PS3 harddrive yesterday and it actually rang up for $12. It was in the locked case. They had almost no clearance marked but they had a lot of really old games in the cases. I'll have to go back when I have more time and see if I can get some one to scan them.
That's an old clearance from around last November. I found four that scanned $12, stickered $25, and placed underneath a $99.99 hang tag. Go Walmart.

ddeb309ac85878530aeb319e0e352113.jpg

$10. This thread is going to get me in trouble. Never heard anything about this game, but I think my 7 yo might enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing all kinds of Costco deals on here and getting jealous when there were none in my area. 

Now that we have one, I've yet to see anything pop up worth getting a membership for. :(

Now I deal with Meijer and Frys jealousy.

I actually found three of the Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2TB drives at my Walmart for $39 each.  I searched that store up and down a month ago, even asked them to check stock, and they just shrugged their shoulders.  I went back a few days ago and they were sitting on a shelf and properly marked.  I have no idea how inventory works at Walmart.

When BJs cleared out their game sections nationwide in 2014, I made out like a bandit. Most games were $5 or $10. Pokemon X + Y, StarFox 64 3D, Link Between Worlds, Mario 3D World, Super Luigi U, etc. People were so busy making blowjob jokes in the thread on here that I guess no one realized how insane the deals were.

Still looking for a new copy of xenoblade for the 3ds. I have a new blue Wii motionplus controller from Wallymart to trade. Pm me

hmm Brickseek shown a store near me supposed to have 1, but Walmart app not showing any....
I used Brickseek as well and it was accurate. It wasn't on display so I had to ask a store clerk. He went to the back and sure enough, they were in there. For those interested, the location is in North Kingstown, RI.

bread's done
Back