Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw these games at Walmart. A little older but fairly cheap.

404e5ad3ee374eb000d5ca07d5599418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depending on when they printed U3 GoTYE, online pass inside it may have already expired even though there's no date printed on it. I brought mine a few years ago & forgot to redeem it...until when I did, it said it was invalid. PlayStation Chat Support said the code expired I think in March 2015 iirc. They will reactivate the code for if u get them to create a support ticket, unless they reactivated all passes that haven't been redeemed yet.

I saw a few PS3 Slim Uncharted 3 Bundles for $99. I was very tempted to buy one but decided not to. I may go back though.
nice if it was the 500gb...

ooooooo think that one only went to 320gb...but regardless slim looks nicer than super slim

No luck at any of the Walmarts for those HD on clearance. Had one store that had like 6 on BS but couldn't find them anywhere. Might try to see if my ghetto Target/BB would maybe price match it for me. All the employees said they were deleted so my luck either they are floating in the back or got swiped. Good luck if you find them. 

If anyone is looking for New Mario +Luigi U on the Wii U this bundle pops up in stock from walmart every now and then.

It's usually around $48 and you get the game plus a $15 walmart gift card

https://www.walmart.com/co/New-Super-Mario-Bros-U--New-Super-Luigi-U-Wii-U-with-Bonus-15-Wal-Mart-Gift-Card/47215982
unfortunately you are going to need a filler to get free shipping, as they take the cost of the gift card off the game and it drops it below the $35 needed for free shipping

Okay brickseek must be completely fucked rn because it says there are a ton of smash links near me but every store I've went they have the same Mario party series trash

unfortunately you are going to need a filler to get free shipping, as they take the cost of the gift card off the game and it drops it below the $35 needed for free shipping
Good catch. I usually have an easier time finding filler at Walmart than some other retailers. Dog food is usually my go to

I hate the new bricklink website. Ever since its updated its slow and buggy.

I got a peach and toad wiimote for $20 yesterday though.

Found 1 of the 3 Wii U Pro's BS said a local store had for $25 today. Didn't really need a third one but for that price I said why not. Also found a Nyko Wii U battery booster for $10. I figured I would give it a shot until I get around to picking up the high power battery from Nintendo. This store also had a bunch of games reduced from $3.50 - $10 but hardly anything was in it's correct spot.

They had marked the Wii U Xenoblade down to $15 but none were left. Red Dead GOTY for the Xbox was reduced to $7.50. I found one copy but passed on it. 

Okay brickseek must be completely fucked rn because it says there are a ton of smash links near me but every store I've went they have the same Mario party series trash
Some of the Amiibos are all under one walmart number if I remember right. So it doesn't keep individual inventory of each individual Amiibo.

Found 1 of the 3 Wii U Pro's BS said a local store had for $25 today. Didn't really need a third one but for that price I said why not. Also found a Nyko Wii U battery booster for $10. I figured I would give it a shot until I get around to picking up the high power battery from Nintendo. This store also had a bunch of games reduced from $3.50 - $10 but hardly anything was in it's correct spot.

They had marked the Wii U Xenoblade down to $15 but none were left. Red Dead GOTY for the Xbox was reduced to $7.50. I found one copy but passed on it.
I've had the battery pack that clips on to the gamepad for a while, recommend it highly.

Some of the Amiibos are all under one walmart number if I remember right. So it doesn't keep individual inventory of each individual Amiibo.
That explains a lot actually. I kept seeing the exact same numbers of stock for ssb link and toon link and thought it was too coincidental. I went to all the places anyway and found the same Mario party amiibos every time. Thanks!

$5 Wii U extended battery pack
$2 Tom Nook amiibo(2$ too much)
$6 Ryu amiibo
$10 Wii U sing it
$20 toad Wii motes
$44 Lego batsman movie Lego playset($88 originally)
$19 Wii U Kirby epic yarn
$7 Wii U Giana Sisters

Where the hell did all the amiibo go??! Now that I need/want them...

Edit: also, decided to get Tom Nook. I was in self checkout and it needed an overide. The cashier wanted to know what it was so she could type in the name in the system. I told her and she typed in "amiboo" lol

Went to the local Walmart to see what they had.

Grabbed the only official Nunchuk for $10 (black)

Grabbed an amiibo cube carrying case for $2 (will likely use for something other than amiibo)

And, a $20 pair of Philips Bluetooth headphones for the gym, as I'm tired of my earbuds

They had a few of the $20 Wiimotes...Toad for sure and maybe Peach?  I considered them, but passed.  I think I have four Wiimotes already.  Also had a ? Cube amiibo case for $5.  I like the look, but didn't get it.

Went to the local Walmart to see what they had.

Grabbed the only official Nunchuk for $10 (black)

Grabbed an amiibo cube carrying case for $2 (will likely use for something other than amiibo)

And, a $20 pair of Philips Bluetooth headphones for the gym, as I'm tired of my earbuds

They had a few of the $20 Wiimotes...Toad for sure and maybe Peach? I considered them, but passed. I think I have four Wiimotes already. Also had a ? Cube amiibo case for $5. I like the look, but didn't get it.
If the wiimotes hit $10 I think I will bite. There are ton of toads and peaches and based on brickseek they should have some mario and luigi ones in back

$5 Wii U extended battery pack
$2 Tom Nook amiibo(2$ too much)
$6 Ryu amiibo
$10 Wii U sing it
$20 toad Wii motes
$44 Lego batsman movie Lego playset($88 originally)
$19 Wii U Kirby epic yarn
$7 Wii U Giana Sisters

Where the hell did all the amiibo go??! Now that I need/want them...

Edit: also, decided to get Tom Nook. I was in self checkout and it needed an overide. The cashier wanted to know what it was so she could type in the name in the system. I told her and she typed in "amiboo" lol
What was the SKU or UPC on that Wii U battery pack?

Don't think I've seen them mentioned, but the Link Super Smash Bros. controllers are $12.

Lucked out and got those and some Toad Wiimotes and nunchucks at clearance prices with an additional 75% off.

those of you lookin at that xbox controller, according the xbox website, they do NOT have bluetooth in them if your considering them for that reason (such as for pc or tablet use).

Are they really 30$ I have a store close that says they r 30 and the other stores that are also close 60 but it sounds to good to be true
Yeah. If you have them look up the upc it'll tell the price as well of you want to make sure before they actually go look for it or ring it up.

I received armed forces controller as a gift a while back. I have not opened it and wanted to return it this morning. I checked brickseek and my store has 8 at $59.96, so question is, is that the refund amount I will get since that's what the in store price is at my store? 

I received armed forces controller as a gift a while back. I have not opened it and wanted to return it this morning. I checked brickseek and my store has 8 at $59.96, so question is, is that the refund amount I will get since that's what the in store price is at my store?
yup

My latest trip to Walmart I picked up an 8 bit link amiibo for $6 and a wario one for $6.

They also had the following on clearance:

Series 1 & 2 Animal crossing amiibo cards for $3 each.

Sunset Overdrive (xBox1) for $9

Titanfall (PC) $9

Tearaway (PS4) $7

Luigi and Peach Remote plus $20

and some other random Wii U accessories on clearance pretty good.

actually excited since normally my local WalMart clearance is like Was $19.99  Now $19.00

Went and grabbed the last two 8-bit links at my Walmart for $6. I went to the amiibo section and didn't see it and went over to the games section to just see if any new games were clearanced and then kneeled down and looked around noticed at the bottom of the case and behind some Mario amiibos they had some.

Was close to walking out to. Now if I could just get the 8-bit link outfit to drop in BOTW.

I saw a few amiibos on clearance none of the zelda ones though,  I don't collect them so I left them, only cared for link to display at my desk tbh.   I did get for $5 a wii u sensor bar wired/wireless, says it works w the wii as well so I bought it for my wii that I have stored away lol.

PS4
Dark Souls II $7
Rabbids Invasion $7
Prison Architect $10

Vita
Sly Cooper Thieves $5
Lego Chima $9
Walking Dead S2 $9
Killzone $9

Kind of game-related:
bab705eaa0a02c133e1659e398bc9f41.jpg

For the fans:
c3c8097ae620337a566b806cd1631201.jpg

I went to the walmart down the street because it said they had 3 Wii U Pro controllers... I bought all 3... Why do I do this?

I saw a few amiibos on clearance none of the zelda ones though, I don't collect them so I left them, only cared for link to display at my desk tbh. I did get for $5 a wii u sensor bar wired/wireless, says it works w the wii as well so I bought it for my wii that I have stored away lol.
That sensor bar is a good find. We've us3d one with the original wii for almost 2 years now and it seems much more accurate than the original.

I went to the walmart down the street because it said they had 3 Wii U Pro controllers... I bought all 3... Why do I do this?
You made the right call, at least you can return them if you change your mind. My store had 5, I bought one, decided I wanted two more a few days later but by that point they were all gone.

Jealous of the folks who keep finding the Ninty brand Wii U Pro Controllers :joystick:   I've given up.

I was however able to snag a PowerA Sidekick pro controller, which oddly enough, has the analogs set up the way the 360 controller does.  MUCH better IMHO than the horizontal set-up for Nintendo's version.  

bread's done
Back