Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Jealous of the folks who keep finding the Ninty brand Wii U Pro Controllers :joystick: I've given up.

I was however able to snag a PowerA Sidekick pro controller, which oddly enough, has the analogs set up the way the 360 controller does. MUCH better IMHO than the horizontal set-up for Nintendo's version.
Do you have a sku on the sidekick? There is a liquid metal one on the walmart website but that one is not in stock near me https://www.walmart.com/ip/Liquid-Metal-Mini-Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-for-Wii-U/52538329

That sensor bar is a good find. We've us3d one with the original wii for almost 2 years now and it seems much more accurate than the original.
Awesome! At some point I will place the wii back into rotation and having a wireless bar for those times makes sense. Mine is the old one w GC controller ports.

For the fans:
c3c8097ae620337a566b806cd1631201.jpg
I want Trump to make a list of all the people who like this show so we can put them in interment camps. Save America.

Saw a few XB1 games at my Wal Mart this morning discounted

One Piece: Burning Blood - $15

FIFA 15 - $7

Scream Ride - $9

They had also moved Vermintide to the clearance section but it still had a $19.99 price tag

And has anyone else noticed the disappearance of Amiibos? There are 4 Wal Mart stores in my city and all they have are like 3 Amiibos. It's always Wario, Rosalina, and Mario. I understand that the new Zelda Amiibos sold out, but where are all the others? One day they had 25-30 different ones then the next there's only 3.

I was at one particular Wal Mart store and asked them where all their Amiibos went and they said "we have them in boxes" then they wheeled out the boxes. I assumed they were about to put them all back on the shelves, but the next day they weren't there.

I want Trump to make a list of all the people who like this show so we can put them in interment camps. Save America.
I mean...I'll take it over the kardashians or whatever. But I've seen like one episode of duck dynasty and they made some kind of redneck game on the rooftop, thats all I remember.

Can't believe they made a "beard set though" lol

The sensor bar is actually a pattern of infrared lights that your Wii peripherals pick up. The bigger it is the less chance the pattern becomes occluded or unresolvable the further you get from it. For the price, size, and features it's still a good buy, regardless.

So browsing through the in store search option of my local store for TV's and there is about 5 models of 50"-60" TV's priced under 200 with the website showing "limited stock" on all. Does limited stock in this case mean out of stock? Either way I'm hitting the store on the way home and trying to see if they can't find of those models in the back. Just wanted to know if anyone else has picked up a TV using this method

So browsing through the in store search option of my local store for TV's and there is about 5 models of 50"-60" TV's priced under 200 with the website showing "limited stock" on all. Does limited stock in this case mean out of stock? Either way I'm hitting the store on the way home and trying to see if they can't find of those models in the back. Just wanted to know if anyone else has picked up a TV using this method
If it says limited stock on the app, and says 1 or 0 and conflicting data on brickseek, it usually means its a display model. I bought a 40'' Samsung like that for $79. They are sold as is, with no remote, or stand. Also they are non returnable.

I got mine back in November and its started to do some funny things now, such as when I turn it on, sometimes everything displayed will be tinted a weird turquoise green color. All I have to do to fix that so far is keep turning it on and off until it goes away, but I believe its also a sign of something going bad on the TV.

You can check at those walmarts and give them the UPC to punch in to their tellzons to check, but display models are really buy at your own risk.

If it says limited stock on the app, and says 1 or 0 and conflicting data on brickseek, it usually means its a display model. I bought a 40'' Samsung like that for $79. They are sold as is, with no remote, or stand. Also they are non returnable.
I got mine back in November and its started to do some funny things now, such as when I turn it on, sometimes everything displayed will be tinted a weird turquoise green color. All I have to do to fix that so far is keep turning it on and off until it goes away, but I believe its also a sign of something going bad on the TV.
You can check at those walmarts and give them the UPC to punch in to their tellzons to check, but display models are really buy at your own risk.
Side tip, they are refundable. No where on your receipt will it show it's a display or demo model unless it was sold as an as is item which most of the time it isn't.

YMMV on display TVs. I got a 26" in 2010 from Kmart that worked fine and continued to work fine until I replaced it in September 2014. (the power button was going bad, but the screen itself was still fine)

I replaced it with a display 46" Samsung from Target which is still going strong.

It has 3 stars on amazon and most of the one stars are due to various issues of poor syncing, broken on delivery or won't work
I bought one last week for $15 when I couldn't find a 1st party controller. It actually feels solid and works great from what I've seen so far while playing BotW.

Would someone be willing to check their local stores for Killzone Mercenary? Id like to buy it or trade for it.

Hmm.. it's hard to find that game, but you can check to see if any Pawn America in your area has any. The one in my area had 2 copies and only three or four other vita games. I bought one used for $17.99. It's a little much but better than paying Gamestop $22-24 for a copy. I also was able to pick up a Fat PS3 that still had 60GB for $20 there as well. The label on the console said it couldn't read or play movie/games. However, after opening it up and cleaning it, it worked great, read and played PS1,PS2 and PS3 games. Before that, I bought two used PS2 one fat one slim (each was $5) there and they worked great as well, after cleaning them. Check your Pawn America if there's one in your area.

I understand Walmart Clearance is hard to replicate, but I found 8 bit Link Amiibo and Ocarina of Time Link Amiibo for $6.00 each in Georgia. I was pretty pleased with myself.

I went to the walmart down the street because it said they had 3 Wii U Pro controllers... I bought all 3... Why do I do this?
I saw 3 at my walmart for $25 each a few days ago & I already had one I purchased when they first came out for like $50 so decided I didn't need anymore. Afterwards I got thinking it would be nice to have a backup in case mine breaks because it's the best controller out there imo so I went back & all were gone. I even drove next town over none to be had. I almost ordered another on ebay manufactured refurbish like new for $30 but decided that the one I have should probably last because they seem to be made very well and my PS4 controller has survived for over 3 years with heavy use. If I find another deal on one though I'm going to be all over it.

I saw 3 at my walmart for $25 each a few days ago & I already had one I purchased when they first came out for like $50 so decided I didn't need anymore. Afterwards I got thinking it would be nice to have a backup in case mine breaks because it's the best controller out there imo so I went back & all were gone. I even drove next town over none to be had. I almost ordered another on ebay manufactured refurbish like new for $30 but decided that the one I have should probably last because they seem to be made very well and my PS4 controller has survived for over 3 years with heavy use. If I find another deal on one though I'm going to be all over it.
i bought a couple for my new Wii U. Great deal. Hey question, I don't have any Wii motes yet. Are their games you absolutely have to have them for or can you play everything with the pro controller?
Thx

i bought a couple for my new Wii U. Great deal. Hey question, I don't have any Wii motes yet. Are their games you absolutely have to have them for or can you play everything with the pro controller?
Thx
Not wii u games that I know of. Nice to have a wii mote or 2 for the wii titles though especially virtual console games because the wii mote gives access to so many other controllers that plugs into it. I have several classic controller, classic controller pros, but still almost purchased a zelda green controller for $12 at walmart since it's gamecube style and suppose to be decent quality from my understanding. Not only this, but they plug into the nes classic and you can hit the home button without having to get up and hit reset on the console. BTW, anyone wanting wii motes nintendo's ebay store has some for $25 free shipping no tax which is close to the walmart clearance deal.

Thx
Yes, there are some. Lego Batman 2 is one I know of, a second player can only use a wiimote

Found Star Ocean (PS4) for $15. Not bad I guess. This location had a bunch of games on clearance...sucked how I already had most of them.

Call of Duty Drone dropped to $25 at my store.

Really good price for the features.  My son had it up and flying on the first charge. 

Only issue we've had is it dropping the wifi connection with the phone which is how you view the camera.  Anybody else get one and have this issue?  Going to research a little during the snow storm, but it we can't find a fix we may try swapping it out while they still have a few in stock.

I'd definitely give that drone a try @ $25.  The local store still has an endcap full of them.  I think they had also clearanced to $49.  Will have to keep an eye out.

bread's done
Back