Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
We found the motherload of these drones on an endcap near the photo section (not in toys at all), so they can be in creative places.

As for the de-icer, expect some resistance if you try to buy it at $0.01 as that is retail-speak for "DO NOT SELL THIS ON PENALTY OF DEATH." But the point is moot, because here in TX the occasional ice storm is usually countered by using a credit card to scrape clean a square inch of the windshield. :)
Lol true about the penny penalty. I paid $0.75 for mine. Like I said I needed it and didn't even know it was clearanced until I looked at my receipt.

I walked around all through toys and electronics/photo looking for the other 4 drones that may or may not be there just to see if I could find them. Was only wanting one so wasn't a loss.

for the record I found drones the other day where the blank media is in electronics- there was no rhyme or reason to its placement there and they wern't even marked clearance yet. 

A store nearby showed 5 in stock of drone. Was able to find 1 on the shelf in the toy department with RC toys. Bought it for my dad...he's been wanting a drone for a while so thought this would be a decent starter drone to see if he wants to invest in a better one.

Also, I know some of y'all must use window de-icer when it's cold out. Found this one by necessity. Normally $2.97, can be found as low as $0.01 that I see near me.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=16424027
100% great deal. 0% chance I'll remember where I put it when I need it next year.

Found 8(purchased 2) of the drones today for $25. BS said the store had 15, but those were all I could find. They were in electronics at this store. 

Those drones are nice to fly and such and are durable but at least 60 minutes to charge the battery and only 10 mins of flight before it needs another charge.....   meh

Everyone talking about buying drones and i hear this in the news today:

A Patriot missile - usually priced at about $3m (£2.5m) - was used to shoot down a small quadcopter drone, according to a US general. Which the Drone cost $200 normally on Amazon.

A Patriot missile - usually priced at about $3m (£2.5m) - was used to shoot down a small quadcopter drone, according to a US general. Which the Drone cost $200 normally on Amazon.
That's gotta be BS. A $200 drone wouldn't be big enough to be trackable by a missile or maybe even pingable on radar.

Picked up 2 drones today, thanks to this thread.  No signs of price anywhere near them, which is probably why so many stores still have so many left.

Also found The EDGE gamepad for NES classic for $7 and picked up duck dynasty x1 for $1, since I've seen them sitting there for years but never this cheap and wondered what it was like.

Man how long is this thread gonna DRONE on? haha

I actively think my walmart is stashing away their clearance stuff or something.

There was a bunch of Wii U clearance that still pings on brickseek that I haven't seen since the Switch shelf reset. 

Yesterday there was a literal pile of Armed Forces Xbox controllers on an endcap with samsung sound bars, tv mounts and other clearance and today that endcap is nothing but cat food and the rest of that stuff is nowhere to be found.

Holy shit Brickseek is saying there are four Ocarina of Time Amiibo's in stock at my local Walmart @ $6 a pop.

*deep breathes*

How accurate is Brickseek? Because I was in my local Walmart about a week ago to buy the last 8-bit link amiibo they had for $6 and it was tucked away behind some boxes at the bottom.

If I don't see it in the store can I ask them to run the SKU or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy shit Brickseek is saying there are four Ocarina of Time Amiibo's in stock at my local Walmart @ $6 a pop.

*deep breathes*

How accurate is Brickseek? Because I was in my local Walmart about a week ago to buy the last 8-bit link amiibo they had for $6 and it was tucked away behind some boxes at the bottom.

If I don't see it in the store can I ask them to run the SKU or something?
The stock aspect is iffy, but the price aspect is spot-on. From that product page on BS.com, you can produce the UPC code. They will verify the availability (which I think would match the numbers on BS.com). If they can't be found out somewhere on the floor, then they can probably be found in the back. I have one store where everything I ask for ends up being in the back and so far they've come back with all of it. YMMV :)

The stock aspect is iffy, but the price aspect is spot-on. From that product page on BS.com, you can produce the UPC code. They will verify the availability (which I think would match the numbers on BS.com). If they can't be found out somewhere on the floor, then they can probably be found in the back. I have one store where everything I ask for ends up being in the back and so far they've come back with all of it. YMMV :)
Ah cool. So ask them to run the UPC code. Thanks!

EDIT: There's also a Walmart 45 miles away from me that Brickseek is saying has Shiek, Toon Link, Gold Mario and shit ton of other hard to find amiibos at MSRP.

I may need to make a road trip.

Ah cool. So ask them to run the UPC code. Thanks!

EDIT: There's also a Walmart 45 miles away from me that Brickseek is saying has Shiek, Toon Link, Gold Mario and shit ton of other hard to find amiibos at MSRP.

I may need to make a road trip.
Be aware that super smash bro series amiibos maybe linked together because BS.com says there is 23 to 29 amiibos at my Wal-Mart's that are toon link and super smash link and ganondorf from what I know. Same exact numbers in stock and price.

as mentioned before the caveat for Sheik numbers it shares the same sku as several other figures and if you check other SSB ones you'll notice that many have the exact same number in stock on Brickseek. You never know, of course but don't be too disappointed if you go and don't find one

edit: well I was beat to the punch

Be aware that super smash bro series amiibos maybe linked together because BS.com says there is 23 to 29 amiibos at my Wal-Mart's that are toon link and super smash link and ganondorf from what I know. Same exact numbers in stock and price.
as mentioned before the caveat for Sheik numbers it shares the same sku as several other figures and if you check other SSB ones you'll notice that many have the exact same number in stock on Brickseek. You never know, of course but don't be too disappointed if you go and don't find one

edit: well I was beat to the punch
I'm actually searching the UPC for each separate Amiibo and not the SKU but I'm assuming that the same thing still applies?

Either way thanks for the heads up.

44815c9939f91f84a999a25d2419ffd9.jpg

Score! Seems like at some point someone tried to steal it because it's taped and stapled back together.

Luckily I'm not a NIB collector.

Yeah went to two stores brickseek said it had them and no go... nothing on the shelf and nothing in stock in back..

Did score a copy of The Evil Within for XB1 for $6 though

My store claims to have 4 copies on Killzone Shadow Fall, Sly Cooper for Vita, and Pillars of Eternity physical but I cannot find them in the cases or in the discount bins. Any place else to check? Could they be in the back? 

My store claims to have 4 copies on Killzone Shadow Fall, Sly Cooper for Vita, and Pillars of Eternity physical but I cannot find them in the cases or in the discount bins. Any place else to check? Could they be in the back?
They are probably in the back and hope that you ask someone who actually says "give me a second I'll check in the back" or youll be stuck with the lazy one that says "if you dont find it in the cases we might have none or it'll be like finding a needle in a hay stack in the back".. yup that happen to me went to two stores first one was lazy second store actually went to look.

You drove miles for it???
Correct. Also drove to get cheap Wii U pro controllers and nunchucks for the refurb Wii U that I bought from Nintendo before official Wii U accessories starting spiking in price as they disappear from retail stores.

Correct. Also drove to get cheap Wii U pro controllers and nunchucks for the refurb Wii U that I bought from Nintendo before official Wii U accessories starting spiking in price as they disappear from retail stores.

Dang how long was your drive. I feel like driving to this walmart too that sells games 50% to 75% less then my Wal-Mart's. Lol

They are probably in the back and hope that you ask someone who actually says "give me a second I'll check in the back" or youll be stuck with the lazy one that says "if you dont find it in the cases we might have none or it'll be like finding a needle in a hay stack in the back".. yup that happen to me went to two stores first one was lazy second store actually went to look.
Thanks, I guess I'll try my luck again today.

Is the Walmart return/rebuy policy similar to the Target policy when it comes to buying an item at a higher price at one store and trying to get it price adjusted at another store that has it in the system on clearance at a lower price?  I.e. YMMV and you have to hope to get lucky?

If denied on the price adjustment/re-purchase, will the second store take it and put the item back on their shelves eventually?

Is the Walmart return/rebuy policy similar to the Target policy when it comes to buying an item at a higher price at one store and trying to get it price adjusted at another store that has it in the system on clearance at a lower price? I.e. YMMV and you have to hope to get lucky?

If denied on the price adjustment/re-purchase, will the second store take it and put the item back on their shelves eventually?
Most Walmart are on to this trick.

Yeah, but Meals on Wheels is wasteful spending.

Is the Walmart return/rebuy policy similar to the Target policy when it comes to buying an item at a higher price at one store and trying to get it price adjusted at another store that has it in the system on clearance at a lower price? I.e. YMMV and you have to hope to get lucky?

Walmart is pretty stingy about this. They will not usually give you the lower price if purchased at another store.

My local store allegedly has 16 of these and 16 of the Toon Link in stock, but I know they're not on the shelf. Anybody know if those amiibo came 16 to a case or something? Maybe there's some unopened boxes in the stockroom.

Walmart is pretty stingy about this. They will not usually give you the lower price if purchased at another store.
Thanks guys. Figured as much, but there are so few and quite far between of them in LA County so I very rarely shop at them. Couple of things I wanted though. If I just return them to a different store though, will they more likely than not inevitably end up on the shelf there, or go straight to salvage?

I would assume it would go back on the shelf though if its a good enough deal it may not make it out to the floor.

Also no telling when it would hit the floor if it did. Seems like alot of effort to gamble on what i am assuming not all that much ultimately

I would assume ut woukd go back on the shelf though if its a good enough deal it may not make it out to the floor

My local store allegedly has 16 of these and 16 of the Toon Link in stock, but I know they're not on the shelf. Anybody know if those amiibo came 16 to a case or something? Maybe there's some unopened boxes in the stockroom.
A whole slew of amiibo share skus there check other ssb varities and you see they will also say 16

I'm lucky that I live less than a mile from Walmart:D most people don't
I do too, mine just started doing these types of deals......But one of the electronics guys seems to be a gamer(heard him talking about games a few times), so I think he gets the stuff asap.

Thanks guys. Figured as much, but there are so few and quite far between of them in LA County so I very rarely shop at them. Couple of things I wanted though. If I just return them to a different store though, will they more likely than not inevitably end up on the shelf there, or go straight to salvage?
In the end, it's YMMV just like Target.

I tried adjusting a hard drive at one store and got denied. I adjusted Vita memory cards at a different store with no issues. (6 of them)

bread's done
Back