Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
​Traveled to Atlanta twice in the last month.  Hit a few WMs on each trip stopping at ones that BS showed items of interest.  Walked into one and found Dark Souls 2 laying right on top of the giant bin o'games.  No luck with Zombie Army Trilogy in the bin even though I searched pretty well.  No luck with it any of the other stores I stopped at unfortunately.  One store had a ton of games in the bottom of the glass cases with the spine facing out, but there were two rows and you couldn't quite see the back row's titles even with the space in between them.  I asked to see the back row and the girl groaned, "No, I'd have to pull all of those games out." 

"So those games aren't for sale then?"

*Rolls eye* "Fine."

Took twenty seconds to lean part of the first row out and see most of the back games.

Did find a camo Xbone controller for $30 at a store it wasn't listed at by BS.  Turns out it was open, but only one store near my home was listed by BS so I bought it since it looked untouched.  Turns out that store near me had six clearly labeled $30. 

Every store had a drone in the ATL area, here none.  Found one store with one (that BS and the WM app didn't list), but it looked like it had been opened and resealed.  Set it back in electronics and will think about it if I can't find one anywhere else since it is still stickered at $99.

BTW, that drone/Patriot incident was an ally.  I find the story hard to believe.

Well I found a ganondorf just hanging there in the Nintendo section hard to pass on even if it costed me 12.96 my first amiibo at regular price lol.

Holy shoot! That Sheik Amiibo is worth a fortune! I bought two years ago to resell but the price was always worthless each time I checked. Now it's worth a ransom! Time to SELL SELL SELL!

Holy shoot! That Sheik Amiibo is worth a fortune! I bought two years ago to resell but the price was always worthless each time I checked. Now it's worth a ransom! Time to SELL SELL SELL!
Oh man... don't remind me. Sold mine about a year ago along with Toon Link. :(

BOTW made all these go way up in price. Almost makes me want to get all these Mario related ones because I'd be really surprised if they don't have a use in Super Mario Odyssey.

Pretty much anything zelda related has jumped in value on ebay due to breath of the wild. Been kind of nice to make back some of the money i spent on amiibos.
This. Also the 8-bit Link and the Ocarina of Time link are all on clearance at most Walmart for $6 for the sake of posting something on topic.

They fetch way more than that. I managed to snag the last two 8-bit ones from my store. One to open and one to collect in box.

Out of all the BOTW Amiibos it's the most desired after Zelda.

I managed to snag one on Best Buy's website but they're sold out everywhere now.
Nintendo up to their good ol' supply constraints again.

Good game, but they sure are milking their fanbase and gamers for all their worth.

Only picked up BOTW for the Wii U. Refuse to buy in to the amiibo craze. I've bought one here and there ONLY when I find them for huge discounts or clearance (e.g. picked up Squid Girl from BBY last year when she was clearanced for $2).

Don't get the toys to life thing. I like the figures, but the prices are obscene, especially so in light of the little payback (IMHO).

Found two Alienware Alpha ASM100-1580 boxes with a fine layer of dust at the Lumberton, NJ store. Brickseek is showing these as $199.

alienwarealphaasm100-e5urw.jpg

I picked up Shovel Knight for $20.  The system said it was deleted, but they gave it to me for $20.  Was that a good price? I heard some people comment about this game, but this was the first time I had seen it at a walmart in my area.

I picked up Shovel Knight for $20. The system said it was deleted, but they gave it to me for $20. Was that a good price? I heard some people comment about this game, but this was the first time I had seen it at a walmart in my area.
It's $7 (for PS4) at most Wal-Marts that still have it. I picked up a copy a couple weeks ago. Great game.

Shovel Knight goes for $17 shipped online for most versions aside from the 3DS which goes for around $23+. At $20 you paid slightly above average. It's a solid game worth that if your going to play it though.

I picked up a copy for each system since it was $7 at every walmart I hit.

BS.com was stating there was one OoT Zelda left at one of my Wal-Mart's and when i went I asked an employee if they had it and they said no and i was looking for it everywhere and now i looked on BS.com again and now its out of stock BS! And it was for 3 damn bucks!

Shovel Knight goes for $17 shipped online for most versions aside from the 3DS which goes for around $23+. At $20 you paid slightly above average. It's a solid game worth that if your going to play it though.

I picked up a copy for each system since it was $7 at every walmart I hit.
I couldn't remember at the time, but I thought it had been cheaper. It would have been nice if I could have gotten it for $7.

Those cordless wii sensor bars went to $4 at my store, black and white.  Also, wii u nunchuks went to $5, wii u black remote went to $18.

BS.com was stating there was one OoT Zelda left at one of my Wal-Mart's and when i went I asked an employee if they had it and they said no and i was looking for it everywhere and now i looked on BS.com again and now its out of stock BS! And it was for 3 damn bucks!
Similar here. BS says my store has four for $6 but went and couldn't find any. Had an employee look up the UPC and she said item not found.

That was a week ago. Still says 4 are available.
Think I may go again tomorrow and find a different employee just on the off chance she mistyped the UPC.

Those cordless wii sensor bars went to $4 at my store, black and white. Also, wii u nunchuks went to $5, wii u black remote went to $18.
Thanks for the heads up. They're still $8 where I live but are $4 at all the other surrounding towns so I'm gonna watch it carefully.

I actually found out through checking different Amiibo via Brickseek that all of the Smash Amiibo share the same inventory, even though they have different Skus on Walmart.com. For example, a local store showed 27 on hand when I searched for Link. However, I then searched for other Smash Amiibo (can't recall specific characters). All of those searches showed 27 on hand, and the same numbers at other stores, too. Basically, it's like searching for Star Wars Black Series, Transformers, o Marvel Legends figures...the inventory will show you the same on hand for each individual character, but they all share the same sku (though it's particularly weird for Amiibo since they have character-specific shelf pegs, yet at the store I searched several different characters counted towards that 27 on hand).

I imagine for the OoT Link, there was an 8-Bit Link on the peg? Not certain if they share a sku like the Smash Bros., but I would think they do.

Thanks for the heads up on the further WiiU item price drops.  About half the stores in my area have slashed the clearance price by half on them.  I have a feeling its a fairly widespread markdown

Wii U Pro Controllers are now $12.00 at a lot of Walmarts that had them for $25.  Most in my area are sold out though.

Picked up this morning:

Peach Wii Remote Plus - $10

Luigi Wii Remote Plus - $10

Mario Wii Remote Plus - $10

Wii U wireless sensor bar - $4

WiiU black Nunchuk - $5

Waddle Dee amiibo (Kirby Series) - $3

MetaKnight amiibo (Kirby series) - $3

Found two Alienware Alpha ASM100-1580 boxes with a fine layer of dust at the Lumberton, NJ store. Brickseek is showing these as $199.

alienwarealphaasm100-e5urw.jpg
I picked one up a month ago. Upgraded the ram and swapped its hard drive for a solid state. I love the little thing. Though my gaming pc is a bit stronger, the alienware taking up 1/10 of the space wins out over some fog and shadows.
Also makes for one heck of a media center since its OS is a kodi skin.

Thanks for the heads up on the further WiiU item price drops. About half the stores in my area have slashed the clearance price by half on them. I have a feeling its a fairly widespread markdown

Wii U Pro Controllers are now $12.00 at a lot of Walmarts that had them for $25. Most in my area are sold out though.

Picked up this morning:

WiiU black Nunchuk - $5

Does walmart allow return/rebuy?

Because I dont think price adjustment is going to work because it was a clearance item.

Thanks for the heads up on the further WiiU item price drops. About half the stores in my area have slashed the clearance price by half on them. I have a feeling its a fairly widespread markdown

Wii U Pro Controllers are now $12.00 at a lot of Walmarts that had them for $25. Most in my area are sold out though.

Picked up this morning:

WiiU black Nunchuk - $5

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like all the stores near me,except for the one close to my work, have dropped prices. I expect this to come through later today or tomorrow for the store close to me. I will be swimming in nunchuks and toad motes!!!!

Awesome! I grabbed the "flavored" Wiimotes, and found a Zelda SSB Amiibo! All the prices mentioned were accurate. None were newly tagged, of course.

Awesome! I grabbed the "flavored" Wiimotes, and found a Zelda SSB Amiibo! All the prices mentioned were accurate. None were newly tagged, of course.
Same here. Local walmart had all of the wiimotes $10 each and a couple of the of the WiiU Pro controllers for $12. I don't think I need any more wiimotes... but I couldn't resist getting one of the pro controllers (the other was an open box return with packaging tape on it).

I saw tons of Peach, Toad, and Luigi Wii Remotes but only grabbed one of each for $10.  I was THIS close from cleaning house.  But no one wants a greedy man, lol...

Depending on shipping prices, I would love to trade a few of these.
Need Peach and Bowser and Yoshi. I can get Mario, Luigi, or Toad.

EDIT: Oops. Yoshi and Bowser are GameStop only? I guess I just need a Peach then.

bread's done
Back