Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two Star Wars XBox One wired controllers at my local Wal-Mart, priced at $18.00 each. I saw them yesterday in a clearance section with a bunch of strategy guides. Is that a decent deal or nah?

Wow so I bought wario and ryu amiibos for 6$ each this week and now they are 3$ each after they are all out of stock smh.

Beware if you're using Brickseek to find a particular Wii Remote...

It appears that all Wii remotes (Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad) use a shared inventory count there.

I.E. - When I looked up those 4 Wii remotes in my area, the stock counts were the same for each one, meaning they're all lumped together and it's YMMV which particular ones each store has.

Same goes for many of the amiibos that show up on Brickseek.

In typical brickseek fashion, went to a store where they said 2 of those $30 X1 wireless camo controllers in stock and found none. But got the last one at the store that was said to be out of stock.

Such a good deal considering its new and a limited color scheme. While a preowned generic color costs $50+.

I went tonight to check on the 15+ Luigi Wiimotes I'd seen a couple weeks ago but someone got all of them earlier today...I did pick up the Nyko battery boost for $5 though.

sku 23569335

Chanced upon a wii u pro controller at $12 that I don't remember being behind the glass a couple days ago.  Label still said $25.  Brickseek showed "quantity: 0, limited stock" and still does about 1 hour later.  Also got a $5 nyko wii u gamepad battery extender, but wonder if it will damage the wii u's actual battery.

edit: checked brickseek again less than 2 hours later, now it is updated to show quantity 0: Out of Stock.  So it is accurate as fast as 2 hours.

If I can find a black wii u pro controller, I am going to sell my white one. I've had that thing sitting in the box since Best Buy clearanced out all the white accessories.

What does "limited stock" mean, especially since it shows 0 in stock?
Either the inventory in store is off, they have a display model, or they have it somewhere.

My Walmart took a butt load of the Wii U clearance to the back because they needed to clear the pegs for switch stuff, which is ironically pretty empty, so now I have a trove of stuff to choose from. If I can catch the department manager, and give her the UPCs then I'm hoping to get a Pro controller, Peach wiimote, nunchuck, link fightpad and wii remote dock.

The sku for the fightpads is 47722253 for $6 and the dock is 40549448 for $5

bought a pink yarn yoshi amiibo for $4

also saw in the section the VUDU Spark that comes with $25 credit was marked down to $19

bought a pink yarn yoshi amiibo for $4

also saw in the section the VUDU Spark that comes with $25 credit was marked down to $19
If anyone happens to find an extra pink yoshi, let me know. I want to get one for my little girl, who loves yoshi. Doesn't even need to be in the package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Check my story yo!!!!! Yesterday I went to walmart to do a return / rebuy of 2 WiiU Pro controller, 2 captain toad motion remote and 2 nunchuck. The csr didn't let me do it so I did the return and this morning before work I went to cs and ask for the controllers if they were still available and voalá everything was on the locked desktop so I bought everything back at half price. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw tons of Peach, Toad, and Luigi Wii Remotes but only grabbed one of each for $10. I was THIS close from cleaning house. But no one wants a greedy man, lol...
Someone cleared out mine so it's on now. I'll always go immediately if I see a deal on here. Even if I don't want it I'll go to deny him.

Can anyone please post SKUs for the Peach, Mario, and Luigi Motes? I don't have my receipts with me right now but it's hard to navigate the rickseek site since hey have so many options for each Wii more. TIA

Brickseek also now has a product search feature, so you can type in the name of what you want to find and it'll bring up the results.

Brickseek also now has a product search feature, so you can type in the name of what you want to find and it'll bring up the results.
Yes, I know. However, if you actually look it up there are many different skus for each special Wii mote that make it hard to find the correct one. Went back 10 pages and only found The toad SKU

The tracker seems to list the numbers for all remotes lumped together.  I know my store only has toads, but it's listing the same number of stock for other versions so I wouldn't trust it.

Yesterday every store within 30 miles had the wiimotes marked down to 10 except the one I live near. Today, It finally goes to $10. I notice the stock had dropped a lot at all of yesterday's $10 stores. So I go to mine, BS said 9 but they had 10, moved into the case(they had been sitting out) Yay, my brother needed some too.....The guy gets them for me, rings it up and it says nothing on the screen. He said it's showing $30, not the $10 I claimed. I notice it has a clearance sticker he is scanning instead of the UPC.

So, no dice.

Yesterday every store within 30 miles had the wiimotes marked down to 10 except the one I live near. Today, It finally goes to $10. I notice the stock had dropped a lot at all of yesterday's $10 stores. So I go to mine, BS said 9 but they had 10, moved into the case(they had been sitting out) Yay, my brother needed some too.....The guy gets them for me, rings it up and it says nothing on the screen. He said it's showing $30, not the $10 I claimed. I notice it has a clearance sticker he is scanning instead of the UPC.

So, no dice.
You should have said you had other shopping to do and taken them to self checkout.

You should have said you had other shopping to do and taken them to self checkout.

Second thing he said when opening the case was "you have to checkout back here"

I think there is a price Nazi at my Walmart. It used to NEVER clearance anything valuable, usually just stuff like picture frames or mousepads, I even posted a picture here in '12 of a 07 Madden special edition still for $60. Then a few months ago they started having the deals. Now, it's stopped again.

So, no dice.
You should tell him to scan the UPC, it will bring up the price. Guess hes not that smart if he didnt try that

I picked one up a month ago. Upgraded the ram and swapped its hard drive for a solid state. I love the little thing. Though my gaming pc is a bit stronger, the alienware taking up 1/10 of the space wins out over some fog and shadows.
Also makes for one heck of a media center since its OS is a kodi skin.
What's the specs on that Alpha out-the-box?

What did you upgrade it to?

And can you fit in a 4GB 1050 Ti GPU in there w/out destroying its power supply?

It's extremely YMMV, but a Walmart near my office had Lego Dimensions for Wii U at $20.  Brick Seek says every other store around me has it for $69, so it might just be this store that has it on clearance.

SKU is 44662953

It's extremely YMMV, but a Walmart near my office had Lego Dimensions for Wii U at $20. Brick Seek says every other store around me has it for $69, so it might just be this store that has it on clearance.

SKU is 44662953
Thanks, I have a store by me that's showing $15. I hate how BS is hiding the past week of clearance deals. It makes it tough to catch a good deal unless you go in store. They offer "premium" memberships starting at $10 and $30 a month, but iirc the deals are still hidden with the $10 monthy membership.

Picked up GTA V for PC for $20 earlier. Seems like all other locations around Minneapolis have it for $40.

SKU is 37789148. It was in one of those disorganized bins with other games.

Also got a Toad remote for $10, wii u gamepad battery boost for $5, wii sensor bar for $4, and Wario amiibo for $3.

My Wal-Mart had the Mario series amiibo tagged at $3 too. Grabbed Wario and Waluigi.
It might be wise to snatch up Mario themed amiibos. Considering the current fervor/scarcity over Zelda themed ones I wonder if the same thing might occur upon the release of Super Mario Odyssey.

So, no dice.
The ones at the local store are labeled at $30, guess I should make them pull one out to check the price.

BS also says there are 4 8bit Links, but I didn't see them unless they were put in the toy section.

Check my story yo!!!!! Yesterday I went to walmart to do a return / rebuy of 2 WiiU Pro controller, 2 captain toad motion remote and 2 nunchuck. The csr didn't let me do it so I did the return and this morning before work I went to cs and ask for the controllers if they were still available and voalá everything was on the locked desktop so I bought everything back at half price. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji123]

Did you try the "change payment type/change credit card" angle initially? And what do you mean the "locked desktop"?

What's the specs on that Alpha out-the-box?
What did you upgrade it to?

And can you fit in a 4GB 1050 Ti GPU in there w/out destroying its power supply?
The only thing you can't replace is the GPU. It comes with an I3, 4gb of ram, and a 5400rpm 500gb hard drive and a modified 860m gpu. I threw in 16gb of ram and swapped the HD for a solid state 500gb HD. Boot times literally went from 2 minutes to about 12 seconds. It's not a top tier rig in any stretch of the imagination, but for $200, even if you run it stock out of the box it's more than comparable to a ps4 or xbone.

The only thing you can't replace is the GPU. It comes with an I3, 4gb of ram, and a 5400rpm 500gb hard drive and a modified 860m gpu. I threw in 16gb of ram and swapped the HD for a solid state 500gb HD. Boot times literally went from 2 minutes to about 12 seconds. It's not a top tier rig in any stretch of the imagination, but for $200, even if you run it stock out of the box it's more than comparable to a ps4 or xbone.
Could one install Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 onto it?

Also, what are we looking at for performance + settings here?

Resolution - 720p? 900p? 1080p?

Medium maybe on games?

30 FPS? 60 FPS?

If anyone happens to find an extra pink yoshi, let me know. I want to get one for my little girl, who loves yoshi. Doesn't even need to be in the package.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Still need one? I grabbed an extra.
[attachment=26065:IMG_0173.JPG]

Also picked up a couple Wii remote plus's at $10

[attachment=26066:IMG_0172.JPG]

It comes with 8.1 stock. People have both downgraded it to 7 as well as upgraded to 10. I have it hooked up to a 1080p tv. It's kind of weird in how if's set up. When you start it up, it defaults to Dell's Hivemimd OS, which is literally a Kodi skin. You can then opt to exit that and go to windows desktop. Some people prefer to ditch Hivemind and just run the thing like a normal pc. I kept Hivemind since I could add Exodus to it for TV/Movies and it has launchers for Steam, GOG, Uplay, and Origin already. I've no need for desktop mode 99% of the time.
There's a bunch of stuff on youtube about how well it runs different games, I suggest checking them out for more detail.

Did you try the "change payment type/change credit card" angle initially? And what do you mean the "locked desktop"?
Usually when you return mechandise, the store clerk put it on bins near the cash register but also they have some cabinet with lock so my items was there and not in the sale floor or the clearance section to my surprise!!!!

It's extremely YMMV, but a Walmart near my office had Lego Dimensions for Wii U at $20. Brick Seek says every other store around me has it for $69, so it might just be this store that has it on clearance.

SKU is 44662953
Not discounted near me either. But I found it weird that one store had a ton of dimensions level and character packs in a bin with individual price tags on them. Looked like they were ready to be clearanced, but all still regular price, and the normal racks still had the same ones without tags on them too.

I've struck out 3 times lately w/ Brickseek showing something in stock that wasn't there. 

First trip, Wal-Mart #1 says they have 20 of the clearanced FitBit's for $12/each. Wait around forever, guy can't find a single one. 

Same Wal-Mart says they have 4 of the Darth Vader Dualshock 4's - I didn't see a single one. Didn't ask about those because they were still showing full price at that store anyway, but....

Wal-Mart #2 says they have 3 of the Darth Vader controllers & 4 Uncharted 4 controllers all for $30/each. Guy looks & can't find any of them. 

I guess I'm gonna swing back by one of my local stores tomorrow that had a bunch of the character Wiimotes, but the stock checker is showing none in stock now at any of my stores. Since it's been less than trustworthy gonna check it out myself, but not holding my breath.

I did at least come away with SOMETHING during all of this - got a Wii U Pro Controller yesterday for $25 (that $12 would have been a lot nicer...), one of the wireless sensor bars for $8, The Voice bundle w/ mic for PS3 for $7 and a Waddle Dee amiibo for $5. 

bread's done
Back