Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Second thing he said when opening the case was "you have to checkout back here"

I think there is a price Nazi at my Walmart. It used to NEVER clearance anything valuable, usually just stuff like picture frames or mousepads, I even posted a picture here in '12 of a 07 Madden special edition still for $60. Then a few months ago they started having the deals. Now, it's stopped again.
You should come back and check out with someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to a Walmart about 30 minutes away that supposedly had 7 of the Wii U Pro controllers in stock for $12. Was hoping to pick up one for me and another one or two for any CAGs that needed one. Got there and the lady said, "Oh I just sold all 7 to a guy about 30 minutes ago."

Woe is me.

Hit pretty good at a store today. Think i did pretty well. Here is a sample of a couple things i got[attachment=26072:14904591561531755460925.jpg]

Far cry and sly cooper were pre owned

Went to a Walmart about 30 minutes away that supposedly had 7 of the Wii U Pro controllers in stock for $12. Was hoping to pick up one for me and another one or two for any CAGs that needed one. Got there and the lady said, "Oh I just sold all 7 to a guy about 30 minutes ago."
You would think El Hoardo would leave just one for someone else.

Maybe 7 was his lucky number.

Funny thing is i picked up like 30 games at a $1 each. Going to post some pics when i get home.
I know this is probably the worst place to post this, but if you want to trade any Walmart clearance games, last gen or otherwise, send me a PM.

Looking forward to the post pics! My Walmart haul earlier this year still stands as the highlight of 2017 for me unless I hit the lotto this year.

The Walmart I was at just dropped all the character Wii remotes to $5 right in front of me. Also dropped the nunchucks to $2.50 and both Ryu and Wario amiibo to $1.50. I also found several Series 1 & 2 Animal Crossing amiibo cards for $1 a pack.

For some odd reason they took all of the Wii remotes out of the packages and stuck them in huge locking cases...

grabbed two Luigi wiimotes for $10 a pop, nunchucks are also still clearanced at $5, good time to stock up before stock disappears

Here is most of the hull i got today. [attachment=26074:1490465379402-1043478039.jpg] missing a couple games i took to gs to make up some of money i spent.

So I've got Ryse and Payday2 for $10($5 each) right now I found out that Ryse is Aprils GwG title I went back to Waly to return it. At the return desk lady scans Ryse and gives me $10 back I smiled, took the money and hit the road.

Moral of the story I got payday2 for free.

Man, someone cleared out all of the local WM of the wii remotes.  Was trying to get a few as backups, but oh well.  I'm sure they'll all be collecting dust at the shit hole game store down the street, as that guy is the local el hoardo.

I snagged a wired Link fightpad for $6, the Toad wiimote for $10, and the Xbox One armed forces camo controller for $15 today. I'm in controller nirvana right now.

Have you guys heard about store managers telling employees to just store these clearance items in the back or somewhere? What's the reasoning behind this? The store I was at yesterday that reported having the pro controller, nunchuk, and wii remote plus all show plenty of stock... but they were nowhere to be found. Asked an associate if they had a clearance section, and she said that the manager has all that crap locked up somewhere. The fuck . Would buy this stuff in a heartbeat as it's super cheap, if they actually have it, but instead it's just sitting in the back of the store somewhere.

FYI for my CAG's who live in Gardner, MA. There are about 10 Toad Wiimote's and 1 sensor bar in the clearance section of the Walmart. Just came from there after snagging some Infinity figures, 2 controllers and 2 sensor bars. The employees were super nice! 

Have you guys heard about store managers telling employees to just store these clearance items in the back or somewhere? What's the reasoning behind this? The store I was at yesterday that reported having the pro controller, nunchuk, and wii remote plus all show plenty of stock... but they were nowhere to be found. Asked an associate if they had a clearance section, and she said that the manager has all that crap locked up somewhere. The fuck . Would buy this stuff in a heartbeat as it's super cheap, if they actually have it, but instead it's just sitting in the back of the store somewhere.
Get the manager to go unlock it for you. They're probably too busy or lazy to get up a clearance section right now.

My Walmart has a stack of WarioWare D.I.Y. (8 year old ds game) for $24 :???: Most of their clearance is still marked at $24 or $30 a game.

But surprisingly I found some of the accessories mentioned here. I bought a Waddle Dee Amiibo for $3 and a Mario Wiimote Plus for $10. They still have a Wii Sensor Bar for $4 and a couple of Luigi and Mario remotes left.

Also I bought their last Pro Controller :) On the shelf it was marked $25 but I beeped it and it was really $12. Awesome deal thanks to this thread!

What does "limited stock" mean, especially since it shows 0 in stock?
At my store, that meant they had one. I then bought it and it changed to out of stock.
That was my experience too. Brickseek said the Pro Controller had 0 stock and "limited stock" but they had 1 on the shelf.

Forgot to mention that my closest walmart has about 15 of the camo X1 controllers, but they are still ringing up 59.xx and showing as active in their system.

Anyone has a spare Wii mote they will sell for cost plus shipping?

If anyone wants a waddle Dee amiibo, I bought a spare. $3.25 plus shipping

Wow what did he do, walk by and yank it out of your cart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. He claimed that he thought it was one of those carts employees leave where customers can grab stuff. I told him why the hell would there be food and office supplies in the same fucking cart.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my girlfriend's purse and niece was also in the cart so there's more proof he was lying.

Geez, what a capital S shithead. There's a little thing called shopping etiquette, man! You don't take stuff out of another shopper's cart! It's already been claimed!

Yeah. He claimed that he thought it was one of those carts employees leave where customers can grab stuff. I told him why the hell would there be food and office supplies in the same fucking cart.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my girlfriend's purse and niece was also in the cart so there's more proof he was lying.
That part had me rolling.

The same happened to me at a Chinese restaurant once. El Hordo was a 400lb woman who reeked of BO and she was taking the crab wontons off of my plate that I sat down so I coulld dip some sweet and sour sauce into a saucer. Worse part was she wasn't even using tongs. She grabbed that shit with her hands. Difference was I told her that plate was hers now and walked away.

There were about 5-6 Toad Wiimote Plus controllers at the Ashland, KY walmart if anyone is close by and needs one. They were all marked $10 and locked in the Wii U display case. Thought about getting some but I already have way to many wiimotes and I don't care much for the toad design anyways.

I've been scouring Walmarts all across my state and I've had luck with a ton of stuff I wasn't looking for, but I can't get a goddamn Wii U Pro controller or a copy of Shovel Knight for the life of me. 

So frustrating to go to a store that shows multiple in stock and coming up with squat after searching the whole store. The difference in customer service at Walmart when compared to a Target or Best Buy is insane as well. So many employees that can't be bothered to help you, won't offer to check the back, and will straight up lie and say there's no way to check an item by SKU/UPC.

At least there are some decent deals to be had now, and it's not super YMMV like it used to be.

Just grabbed a Mario & Link fight pad for 6 bucks each.  Figured what the hell, since my chances of fighting a wireless controller are slim to nothing. 

Just grabbed a Mario & Link fight pad for 6 bucks each. Figured what the hell, since my chances of fighting a wireless controller are slim to nothing.
It plugs into the Wii Remote or Remote Plus, in case you don't know.

My Walmart has a stack of WarioWare D.I.Y. (8 year old ds game) for $24 :???: Most of their clearance is still marked at $24 or $30 a game.

But surprisingly I found some of the accessories mentioned here. I bought a Waddle Dee Amiibo for $3 and a Mario Wiimote Plus for $10. They still have a Wii Sensor Bar for $4 and a couple of Luigi and Mario remotes left.
My closest Wal-Mart has a dump bin of unpriced games of everything from current gen to PS2 / PSP. And I know from experience if you take a PS2 game up to the register it they will scan it, say "it's not in the system, I can't sell it" and then sit it down behind the register.

And I apparently have a local hoarder to contend with - one of my stores had a ton of Toad wiimotes earlier this week when they were still $20 - place is wiped clean of them now. I did get a pink wiimote (not Peach, just solid pink) for $10. Also found Rayman Legends for $15, which is pretty good considering what it still goes for at GS. Oh, and some old 120gb Zunes that seemed like a good deal at $60 each, but they've sat on the shelf until the batteries have died so they're going back.

Damn I came here to post about $20 Wii Motes and I see posts about $10? Damn I just got a $20 Luigi wiimote with about 3 more left from a WalMart.

Sucks too because I literally just bought a new $40 Yoshi one a few weeks ago from GameStop! and you guys are finding all kinds of good deals, I see none of this but the same games over and over. RE6 $3? I wish, I haven't finished that game on 360 but I'd definitely rebuy it for $3 shit.

My closest Wal-Mart has a dump bin of unpriced games of everything from current gen to PS2 / PSP. And I know from experience if you take a PS2 game up to the register it they will scan it, say "it's not in the system, I can't sell it" and then sit it down behind the register.

And I apparently have a local hoarder to contend with - one of my stores had a ton of Toad wiimotes earlier this week when they were still $20 - place is wiped clean of them now. I did get a pink wiimote (not Peach, just solid pink) for $10. Also found Rayman Legends for $15, which is pretty good considering what it still goes for at GS. Oh, and some old 120gb Zunes that seemed like a good deal at $60 each, but they've sat on the shelf until the batteries have died so they're going back.
Zunes? Goddamn, if I came across one of those in the wild I might buy it just for nostalgia's sake. There's one local store in my area that must've been clearing out their entire back storage area, 'cause I saw a ton of super old shit at ridiculous prices. Original PS2 Guitar Hero guitars for $60, old video cameras for $300-400, a Flip camera for like $100, 250gb hard drives for $60-75, etc. I think they stop dropping the prices at a certain point and just take it out of the system, and these items are then doomed to live in retail hell forever.

Yesterday among some cheap endcap games I saw a copy of Call of Duty 4 for PC in a jewelcase with no UPC, locked in one of those DVD-size plastic prisons. Clearly someone had opened it at some point to take the CD key and it got separated from its box; I thought about taking it to the register just to see how the clerk would handle that situation, lmao.

The

Damn I came here to post about $20 Wii Motes and I see posts about $10? Damn I just got a $20 Luigi wiimote with about 3 more left from a WalMart.

Sucks too because I literally just bought a new $40 Yoshi one a few weeks ago from GameStop! and you guys are finding all kinds of good deals, I see none of this but the same games over and over. RE6 $3? I wish, I haven't finished that game on 360 but I'd definitely rebuy it for $3 shit.
The Yoshi one is a Gamestop exclusive that probably won't get marked down any time soon though.

I picked up 3 Luigi wiimotes this morning for $5 each. Only problem is they opened them and tossed the boxes, so they're just in plastic bags with a clearance price sticker on the bag. At least they left the batteries, lol.

Picked up a total of 82 packs of the Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards too @ $1 each for shits and giggles.
[attachment=26083:20170325_231820.jpg]
Also scored a whole sealed case of 24 Five Nights at Freddy's pint size hero blind bags for my son for $3.97. Don't know why they had it priced that way, but my son was super stoked.

True, I forgot that, but officially you can only get from Nintendo and Gamestop. We'll see how long they last from Nintendo, but Gamestop will probably have it for awhile.
Either way though, I would have rather gotten a cheaper one instead of paying $40, I don't really need 4 controllers right now but I couldn't pass it up being so cheap. Actually I almost forgot I think I also got a black nun chuck controller as well for about $13, where at Gamestop again I was looking at used 3rd parties for about the same if not more.

bread's done
Back