Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new local finds:

Red Faction Collection rang up at $5 for me. According to local Brickseek results, one store has it for $2.50.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42132332

Duck Dynasty for Xbox 360 was clearanced out at $3. My store had like eight copies in the clearance shelf.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=38750452

And Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown was $7. There were lots of copies on the budget / used console game shelf. Note that there's two different versions of this one, one in particular is still being sold for $30 at Walmart.com, while this one (sold by a third party vendor) has the same SKU as the clearanced out one.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=102521569

My store put a few Wii U games on the clearance shelf. Tokyo Mirage Sessions was at the low clearance price of $59.96. Sigh.
Shows as $38.99 on the website for in-store pick up.

One store shows it at $5 on brickseek, but with 0 stock. I might make the trip anyway just for a chance at that price... Hopefully I'll find some other gems there as well. :D

If anyone finds Turbo Super Stunt Squad or the Croods for the wii u. I'll gladly pay you a nice sum for them. They must be sealed and no tears in the shrink wrap.

Also the lego marvel super heroes with the iron patriot minifig.

no complete collection is worth $150 dog turd snail racing games
The thing about collecting is that theres no right way to do it. You can collect however you want. I don't think its worth that money either, but unfortunately, if I want to finish my set, I need to pony up more than retail.

Some new local finds:

Red Faction Collection rang up at $5 for me. According to local Brickseek results, one store has it for $2.50.
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42132332

Duck Dynasty for Xbox 360 was clearanced out at $3. My store had like eight copies in the clearance shelf.
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=38750452

And Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown was $7. There were lots of copies on the budget / used console game shelf. Note that there's two different versions of this one, one in particular is still being sold for $30 at Walmart.com, while this one (sold by a third party vendor) has the same SKU as the clearanced out one.
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=102521569
Duck Dynasty for several platforms has been $3 at my local store since early January. They can't give them away, and I refuse to sully my collection with that trash.

Saw some Sony 3d TV for $154

8Zr4ZR1.jpg
Interesting, I'd be tempted as a monitor.

Interesting, I'll hit mine tomorrow and check it out. Not surprised and a little happy they're dead since they treated their employees poorly with scheduling.
http://wane.com/2017/04/07/hhgregg-to-close-all-stores-liquidation-sales-start-saturday/

If anyone has a hhgregg nearby, they will be closing all stores. perhaps there will be some good clearance deals?
Have one a few blocks away, though they stopped selling games a few years ago. I do need a new computer, and the last TV I bought from there is now over 5 years old.

Currently they have a sign saying up to 30% off. I'll wait a few weeks.

Just checked amazon about the playstation display.  Just because only one person is listing it new for $450 doesn't mean it is worth that much or a collector's item.  Plenty of used for around $200.  Buying new you are probably even worse off with the chance it is one that will die like a lot of them did.

There were problems with the power supply that cropped up when everyone was buying them from Bestbuy years ago. I doubt these are any better. Weigh the cost vs possibly having to RMA it.

Just checked amazon about the playstation display. Just because only one person is listing it new for $450 doesn't mean it is worth that much or a collector's item. Plenty of used for around $200. Buying new you are probably even worse off with the chance it is one that will die like a lot of them did.
Check Camelx3. Its been higher the past few months. Yes used is cheaper, brand new is always worth more especially for collectors items. Anyone buying this new bass no intention of opening or using it. Its a display item.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/PlayStation-3D-display-3/product/B0050SZ49Y?context=search

Those Playstation displays have a nice picture quality to them but they are a ticking time bomb.  I got one from Newegg when they had a bunch a few years back.  I took out an extended 3 year warranty on it.  After about 2 years, I got the blinking red light and was able to return it and get a credit back for my purchase, which I used on an Asus monitor.  You might luck out and get one that doesn't have the chip corrupt but as that pic is one with Motorstorm, the likelihood of it breaking at some point is high.

I had 3 of those break. Luckily I got my money back after the 3rd one since Best buy had no stock left. It's the best monitor I've ever purchased though. Great for gaming.

I got that display like a year after it came out, it was clearances down to 175. About 2 years later I picked up 2 extra sets of active shutter glasses that were clearanced at $5. I really liked playing 3D games on the PS3, and I used the full screen 2 player feature with my brother a lot.

Check Camelx3. Its been higher the past few months. Yes used is cheaper, brand new is always worth more especially for collectors items. Anyone buying this new bass no intention of opening or using it. Its a display item.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/PlayStation-3D-display-3/product/B0050SZ49Y?context=search
Still, camelcamelcamel just shows what sellers are still listing it for, not what people are paying for it. It launched at an overpriced $500 msrp, so those sellers could have just listed and left it for years and now there aren't lower sellers left to hide their listings. There probably isn't much new stock left by now, but checking ebay, a few NEW went for $299 in feb, which is still a deal compared to the launch price, just not as good as the final flash sales of it. I'm sure there are some diehard sony collectors who might want one, but I really don't see it as a collectors item by most, especially to be displayed new in box.

Still, camelcamelcamel just shows what sellers are still listing it for, not what people are paying for it. It launched at an overpriced $500 msrp, so those sellers could have just listed and left it for years and now there aren't lower sellers left to hide their listings. There probably isn't much new stock left by now, but checking ebay, a few NEW went for $299 in feb, which is still a deal compared to the launch price, just not as good as the final flash sales of it. I'm sure there are some diehard sony collectors who might want one, but I really don't see it as a collectors item by most, especially to be displayed new in box.
https://www.junglescout.com/estimator/

Using JungleScouts estimator it suggest that about 5 have sold in the last month. Now that doesn't say whether it's new or used though.

People don't leave listings for years. That's not how eBay or Amazon works (generally that is). eBay and Amazon are different beast too. Those listings in Feb on eBay aren't a good indication of what the price is selling on Amazon since people generally spend more on Amazon for the same item on eBay.

But I agree, it's hard to say if they sold for that price. But it's still a collector's item and people still want it brand new. Might not be a lot but still.

I know this is the Walmart thread but I'm sure there's some crossover so be warned about those third party sellers selling shit for lower prices, which should be a warning sign by itself.

None the less: Amazon’s Third-Party Sellers Hit By Hackers - The Wall Street Journal
https://apple.news/AQaEFg2y8TWqVZimp26VtGQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aware. Look at my posts. I been warning people for months. I just figured it was note worthy to mention again since a major publication was now talking about it.
What's sad is amazon isn't doing a good job of fixing the issue. Sucks because it's hard to sell shit now

I found an Alienware core i3 gaming console on clearance for $200. Good deal? Upgradable?

Asm100-1580
I'm not familiar with these, but just from looking at the specs, it's not terrible for that price. That processor alone is $100-120. But I can't seem to find any details about the graphics card. 4 GB of RAM and a 500 GB hard drive are both kinda small, and you'd be out another $100-200 upgrading them, if that thing is upgradeable. And it looks like it comes with Windows 8.1, which no longer has free upgrades to Windows 10.

What do you want it for? Not a bad deal if you're only planning to play 5+ year old games, though some of them might need to run on lower settings.

Cities skylines, planet coaster, battlefield 1 would be my most played games if I had a capable pc. Not sure if this could even run those. Since it has Windows 8.1 can I install Adobe creative suite?

I'm Wondering if I should not bother since I have a Xbox one lol.

I wouldn't mind if I had to run games on low to medium settings. I could use this until I get a new gaming laptop, which will be either this summer or fall.

Man, ghetto Walmarts suck.  Stadium store in Tampa supposedly had 27 New 3ds's (11 white, 16 black).  According to an employee who checked the back, there were none there and it was an inventory error. 

How a store loses $2,700 worth of locked up consoles is way beyond me.  

Son of a... Walmart I was at a few days ago had copies of BO2 for $10.  I had it in my cart and decided to pass, thinking it's never going BC.   :wall:

I did get Fantasia, Shape Up and Dark Souls 2 for $5/ea though.  Store also had about 100 copies of MW3 (360) for $5/ea.

Cities skylines, planet coaster, battlefield 1 would be my most played games if I had a capable pc. Not sure if this could even run those. Since it has Windows 8.1 can I install Adobe creative suite?

I'm Wondering if I should not bother since I have a Xbox one lol.

I wouldn't mind if I had to run games on low to medium settings. I could use this until I get a new gaming laptop, which will be either this summer or fall.
You'd be able to play Cities and Planet, easy. BF1 would be the tricky one. You might be alright with it on medium.

I'm not familiar with these, but just from looking at the specs, it's not terrible for that price. That processor alone is $100-120. But I can't seem to find any details about the graphics card. 4 GB of RAM and a 500 GB hard drive are both kinda small, and you'd be out another $100-200 upgrading them, if that thing is upgradeable. And it looks like it comes with Windows 8.1, which no longer has free upgrades to Windows 10.

What do you want it for? Not a bad deal if you're only planning to play 5+ year old games, though some of them might need to run on lower settings.
A review on Amazon says its comparable to a 750 Ti, which still isnt bad.

I found an Alienware core i3 gaming console on clearance for $200. Good deal? Upgradable?

Asm100-1580
I own one, and I say go for it if you're looking for a cheap entry point into PC gaming. It can't handle most newer games without upgrading it, but if you don't mind that, it's worth it. I bought mine off Amazon Warehouse for much more than $200 to be able to take advantage of Humble Bundles, and I like it. Plus, it's smaller than a Sega Dreamcast!

And I bought the last U Boost at my local store tonight for $5. Thanks, guys!

I saw my first clearanced lego dimensions at walmart today.  Only a few of the level packs that were at the 99 cents stores for $10, but it's a start.  Homer and Portal I think.

And a funny thing, I bought something today, and now I checked brickseek on it, and it shows -1 stock at that store.  I made it go negative!!!

Asm100-1580
Yeah, it comes with either a steam controller or 360 controller too. It's about in par with a 750ti, or a PS4. Definitely worth that much. You can upgrade the ram and storage. It would be a neat little home theater pc since it's about the size of a Wii.

bread's done
Back