Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda bummed it looks like that last round of clearance has started to dry up with nothing new taking its place.....
I noticed this too in the electronics department. Its been weeks since anything new has been added. There is a dedicated aisle in the center of my store that is all clearance, but its everything else from the rest of the store. Mostly crap. I only want the electronics stuff damn it! lol

Picked up 2 of the vita borderlands bundles yesterday at 99 each. Was looking for a vita for a while so that helps. Will probably sell the other one to recoup the money.

I have 5 Wal Mart stores within reasonable driving distance to me and I've hit them all up the last couple of weeks, and there's no question that it's about as YMMV as it gets.

Some stores by me NEVER drop prices, and some have some really great prices - even on fairly recently released stuff.

For example, at one store I got Vermintide for $10 but 5 miles away another store had it for $20. This same store also had Super Dungeon Bros for $10, and that's a pretty recent release.

My gut tells me that they have some kind of formula that's on a store to store basis which lets them know the age and sales of a game and it must be up to the manager to move out the inventory they can't sell.

I have 5 Wal Mart stores within reasonable driving distance to me and I've hit them all up the last couple of weeks, and there's no question that it's about as YMMV as it gets.

Some stores by me NEVER drop prices, and some have some really great prices - even on fairly recently released stuff.

For example, at one store I got Vermintide for $10 but 5 miles away another store had it for $20. This same store also had Super Dungeon Bros for $10, and that's a pretty recent release.

My gut tells me that they have some kind of formula that's on a store to store basis which lets them know the age and sales of a game and it must be up to the manager to move out the inventory they can't sell.
its up to the managers and they have a certain number they look to reduce stock in the department of.. So I think a store that has lots of traffic will tend to have less clearance overall

Last edited by a moderator:
Swung in this afternoon since I probably won't have another opportunity to hit a store until next week. I think I got away w/ a nice little haul.
f93b5227eba4eacd3e63e86c22552f33.jpg
139ac4d54e16b4a26b5aace70280ee8c.jpg

Where the f*** do you guys find deals like this? I'm in Los Angeles so there are absolutely no clearance sales like this at any Walmart by me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

[emoji23] I live in Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the same deal a few weeks ago with about 30 games at a $1 each here in Indy. You never know what you might find.

My local store tonight i found 3 copies of Zoo Tycoon for $3 each and they have the GTA trilogy for PS2 clearance to $3 which i picked up for the hell of it. Also the 3 zoo tycoon's i got i tried looking for last week and they kept saying they didn't have them and they were not in the back but all of a sudden they where sitting on the self tonight.

I didn't see any of those when I was at like 3 of em.
I was in the same store Monday & I didn't see any of these either so that doesn't surprise me. I also found this bottle of Mont Blanc Legend for $10. I don't wear cologne often, but for that price I took a chance. I couldn't even smell it because it was in a thick theft deterrent shell, then when they removed it from that it was still sealed in another plastic case.
0c199c02af072e3eb5da5a174cb621b9.jpg

I got the same deal a few weeks ago with about 30 games at a $1 each here in Indy. You never know what you might find.

My local store tonight i found 3 copies of Zoo Tycoon for $3 each and they have the GTA trilogy for PS2 clearance to $3 which i picked up for the hell of it. Also the 3 zoo tycoon's i got i tried looking for last week and they kept saying they didn't have them and they were not in the back but all of a sudden they where sitting on the self tonight.
30! Dang Judy. I have been seeing quite a few PS2 games on shelves. I've actually been seeing more PS2 games than for any other system. I was shocked to see as many PS4 games as I found. I think the only ones I left was NBA Live 16 & MLB The Show 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New guy here, found a bunch of Xbox one games marked down at my local store today. Mafia III, Titanfall 2, Attack on Titan, Batman Return to Arkham, and a bunch of other games all for $3 each.

Bah! I hoped it was the one in my city. Went there earlier and employees were taking Xbox One stuff from behind the glass, because someone shattered the glass. Was hoping maybe they decided to clearance out those games since they have no where else to put it.

Bah! I hoped it was the one in my city. Went there earlier and employees were taking Xbox One stuff from behind the glass, because someone shattered the glass. Was hoping maybe they decided to clearance out those games since they have no where else to put it.
I was definitely shocked on the prices on some of the games. Guy in electronics said they had put a box out last Friday and they sold fast.

Interesting.  Almost every value I look up on Brickseek is higher than what's listed on the website.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Why cant walmart be consistent all my shitty ass hood walmart has is like the lego movie videogame for ps3 for $45

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

are they putting clearance games out now? last month I went there I had to ask for clearance games to be pulled from the back

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
The electronics guy was putting them out by the register in big bins when I got there so I lucked out but he did say that next weekend they may put more games out.

Holy shit those $3 games are insane.  Anyone needing to offload some they don't want let me know ;)

Anyone checked any stores in the Indianapolis area? Last time I checked 3 Walmarts in the area and didn't see anything.

The electronics guy was putting them out by the register in big bins when I got there so I lucked out but he did say that next weekend they may put more games out.
Just bought my ticket to Dallas.

If they have another copy of Attack on Titan can you grab me one? Lol jk. But seriously...

bread's done
Back