Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit those $3 games are insane. Anyone needing to offload some they don't want let me know ;)

Anyone checked any stores in the Indianapolis area? Last time I checked 3 Walmarts in the area and didn't see anything.
I'm in the Indy area, too. I'll let you know if I see anything go this low if you do the same for me.

They don't go this low usually...someone dun F'd up
The electronics guy said his manager was trying to clear out stock. Some of the games are the ones they had on sale on Black Friday so maybe they weren't hit that hard. This store opened a little over a year ago off a major highway so I doubt it's closing.

If anyone has anything extra or is trying to offload some stuff let me know! I just got an xbox one again I'm gonna head out to Walmart to check for myself but I doubt I'll have the luck you guys are having.. Thanks in advance!

I've seen a few PC games (multipacks of simulation and slots) go $1 and also duck dynasty, but never on a scale like that.  Hitman absolution ps3 for 2.50.  Also saw starcraft 2 battlechest trilogy version for $20.

Finally swung by a store in a little cow town that was showing 3 Armed Forces controllers for $15 on BS. I figured it was just an error since they been showing for about a month. I was surprised when they were actually there and even marked at I was surprised when they were actually bear and even marked at $15 in the game case. They even had four instead of three BS showed. Got the three and left one for whomever else.

The electronics guy said his manager was trying to clear out stock. Some of the games are the ones they had on sale on Black Friday so maybe they weren't hit that hard. This store opened a little over a year ago off a major highway so I doubt it's closing.
The store was actually moved from the north side of the highway to the south, so definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

Holy shit those $3 games are insane. Anyone needing to offload some they don't want let me know ;)

Anyone checked any stores in the Indianapolis area? Last time I checked 3 Walmarts in the area and didn't see anything.
Yeah I went to the one around Keystone and it was a bust. Had games but not on sale. I also saw on Brickseek that said they had inventory of Giana Wii U (16 copies) and could not find a one.

Ran over to that Walmart during lunch.

This is what I remember seeing:

WWE 2k15

NHL 2k15

Jake and Finn Investigations

Farming Simulator 3? (I think that one)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Project Cars

Rare Replay

WWE 2K16

Mirrors Edge Catalyst $2

Battle Born $2 

Transformers Devastation

Disney Fantasia

Evolve

Titanfall

The Evil Within
Final Fantasy Type-O HD ($4)
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Shadows of Mordor
Dark Souls II

There was some random Duck Dynasty games for the Ps4 for $3
A Tom Clancy game on the 360 for $2

There were no copies of Mafia unfortunately. Would have def grabbed one. No AOT :( 

There was some other stuff but I was in a hurry. I live 40 minutes north of this WM and as always traffic was fuck ing ass. Anyways, thanks to the OP.

My neighbors kid is turning 11 on Monday. His father is kinda old fashioned. (When I say this I mean it. He has towers of VHS's in his living room. Like legit hundreds of VHS's stacked in his living room. No Netflix or anything like that) I convinced him to get his kid a newer console this past Christmas. Instead he got him a used 360 against my advice. Well a week ago that 360 RROD'd . I tried to fix it this past weekend but that thing is SOL. He shocked me earlier this week telling me he is getting him a One S. I had already bought him some 360 games a few weeks ago one of which was a Disney Infinity Star Wars thing which wont work on the XB1. Got him 8 new games from this sale. This definitely is going to make his birthday very memorable. 

Yeah I went to the one around Keystone and it was a bust. Had games but not on sale. I also saw on Brickseek that said they had inventory of Giana Wii U (16 copies) and could not find a one.
I got a good haul from the Keystone store 2 week ago. I didn't see Giana but i did pick up about 30 games. They had a handful of things left when i left but i am sure it was cleaned out by now.

WWE 2k15
NHL 2k15
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5
Project Cars
Rare Replay
WWE 2K16
Mirrors Edge Catalyst $2
Battle Born $2
Transformers Devastation
Disney Fantasia
Evolve
Titanfall
The Evil Within
Shadows of Mordor
Dark Souls II

There were no copies of Mafia unfortunately. Would have def grabbed one. No AOT :(

There was some other stuff but I was in a hurry. I live 40 minutes north of this WM and as always traffic was fuck ing ass. Anyways, thanks to the OP.

My neighbors kid is turning 11 on Monday. His father is kinda old fashioned. (When I say this I mean it. He has towers of VHS's in his living room. Like legit hundreds of VHS's stacked in his living room. No Netflix or anything like that) I convinced him to get his kid a newer console this past Christmas. Instead he got him a used 360 against my advice. Well a week ago that 360 RROD'd . I tried to fix it this past weekend but that thing is SOL. He shocked me earlier this week telling me he is getting him a One S. I had already bought him some 360 games a few weeks ago one of which was a Disney Infinity Star Wars thing which wont work on the XB1. Got him 8 new games from this sale. This definitely is going to make his birthday very memorable.
My grandpa was like that so we secretly "borrowed" stacks of VHS and converted them to DVD for him as a Christmas gift

My grandpa was like that so we secretly "borrowed" stacks of VHS and converted them to DVD for him as a Christmas gift
My Grandpa was like that too but my neighbor is in his mid 30s. Upgraded to an actual smart phone for the first time about 2 years ago. I think before that his main feature on his smart phone were low quality pics and hardcore gaming SNAKES/Billiards Pool.

Debating if I should go look for these $1 games... I'm sure most are all gone by now :/

I think I'm gonna pass on that Alienware Alpha. I'm getting a new gaming laptop sooner than expected.

Went and checked out that Dallas Wal-Mart last night after work.

Found THPS 5, The Crew Wild Run and Kirby & The Rainbow Curse. Other than those all that was left was older sports titles and Evolve. Guy before me snagged the last Titanfall 2.

All games mentioned were $3. 

Looks like I missed my chance at the Alienware. Local store has it in stock but reads zero and I don't feel like going to that part of town to be let down.

Went and checked out that Dallas Wal-Mart last night after work.

Found THPS 5, The Crew Wild Run and Kirby & The Rainbow Curse. Other than those all that was left was older sports titles and Evolve. Guy before me snagged the last Titanfall 2.

All games mentioned were $3.
I was going to drive there after work, but figured everything would've been snagged at those prices. Great price on Kirby. It is a shame we don't have a drunken employee pricing games at the 18 walmarts between my house and there.

This palace would be a Walmart with the Walmart employees being the boss. Their treasure would be an NES Classic Edition! Let's steal it and change their heart! Ganbare!
(All the enemies in the palace are angry CAGers trying to buy one, perpetually getting denied. 😉)

In seriousness, there're 3 by me im going to check on after church tonight. Hoping to snag one.

Anyone know this DFW dirt bag?

1853e1dbd15e2016e5b306bd43787469.jpg

Nope. Would have totally grabbed a Chibi Robo, though. What store is that?
I would have liked​ one too​! It's the DFW store that we've been discussing lately. I'm sure if I touched has stash I would have lost a finger.

What's funny is the awesome Walmart employee in that photo (TOTAL PS fanboy, I'm trying to open his eyes to the green side) was consolidating bins and this guy tried to move his fingers out of the way while he was still putting them in a bin to rifle through those games.

This was more of a :360: and :pS3: day today, and there were a handful of SW:TFU2 CE's in the mix for $7.

I would have liked​ one too​! It's the DFW store that we've been discussing lately. I'm sure if I touched has stash I would have lost a finger.

What's funny is the awesome Walmart employee in that photo (TOTAL PS fanboy, I'm trying to open his eyes to the green side) was consolidating bins and this guy tried to move his fingers out of the way while he was still putting them in a bin to rifle through those games.

This was more of a :360: and :ps3: day today, and there were a handful of SW:TFU2 CE's in the mix for $7.
Ah the same store. I really wonder what's going on with that store. I almost drove there yesterday afternoon, but a bit too far given how long it was after the initial post. It sucks that he was taking the bulk of it as they were being put in the bin

Ah the same store. I really wonder what's going on with that store. I almost drove there yesterday afternoon, but a bit too far given how long it was after the initial post. It sucks that he was taking the bulk of it as they were being put in the bin
The other guy that was there was there before me and my buddy got there had a cart of stuff (not even close to full, but lots of games). HE had all the big ticket items according to my buddy, but he was there before us so I can't fault him. He had the GameStop app open so I know what he was doing. #Blessed :)

Damn, so many steals at 1 and 3 bucks;  y'all are crazy lucky. I thought I was hot shit finding a couple of Blu-Rays and a 16GB flash drive for a dollar each, but I've been humbled.

Damn, so many steals at 1 and 3 bucks; y'all are crazy lucky. I thought I was hot shit finding a couple of Blu-Rays and a 16GB flash drive for a dollar each, but I've been humbled.
I mostly watched the other two get all the goods but I ended up with a few :360: games and two copies of Minecraft :Vita: .

WWE 2k15

NHL 2k15

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Project Cars

Rare Replay

WWE 2K16

Mirrors Edge Catalyst $2

Battle Born $2

Transformers Devastation

Disney Fantasia

Evolve

Titanfall

The Evil Within
Shadows of Mordor
Dark Souls II

Be nice if y'all listed the games that were low priced
You still in Kyle/Buda?

bread's done
Back