Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
You still in Kyle/Buda?
Nope, moved to South Austin right across from Southpark Meadows ;D

Haven't found crap lately at SPM walmart. I have a feeling they ship most of their clearance to either SouthWest Austin Walmart or Kyle.

SPM Walmart still has Final Fantasy XIII manuals....

Southwest Walmart still has Halo Reach CE, FFXIII manuals and a ton of other CE's that are from years and years ago but refuse to clearance them lol

Looks like one of the WM in northern austin has 13 of the Halo Silver Xbox One controllers for $17

Nope, moved to South Austin right across from Southpark Meadows ;D

Haven't found crap lately at SPM walmart. I have a feeling they ship most of their clearance to either SouthWest Austin Walmart or Kyle.

SPM Walmart still has Final Fantasy XIII manuals....

Southwest Walmart still has Halo Reach CE, FFXIII manuals and a ton of other CE's that are from years and years ago but refuse to clearance them lol

Looks like one of the WM in northern austin has 13 of the Halo Silver Xbox One controllers for $17
SPM brickseek is never accurate for me. Waiting for the price of the XB1 controller to drop to $15.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=47376063

Yes, there GS out there also has all of the NES Classics and Switches when I read BlackBeard's list. Have you been out there before? I went when the Goodwill use to sell computers (Computer Works).
Naw, I hate driving across Austin unless I have to lol. Traffic is not worth it x.x

I am pretty sure one of the managers at that DFW Walmart mentioned they'd be stocking potentially more. That same bin keeps getting refilled it seems.

Wrapped those XB1 games for my friends kid. He's going to have a pretty good birthday. (wrapping isn't my strong suit but the wife is working)

unnamed.jpg

Nothing too crazy here, but I found a bunch of $1 games at a store here in Houston this afternoon. This same store had other games clearanced at a dollar a few months back, and I decided to check today on the app to see if they added anything new - they had! Half of the games aren't pictured because I already traded them in to GS. Almost all shovelware crap (like We Sing on XB1) and some sports games that still had value for whatever reason. The only two decent ones I gave up were Assassin's Creed Americas Collection and Fable Anniversary for 360.

HwWaQJv.jpg
EJeCX85.jpg

I want to go check my Wal Mart. But SoCal doesn't really have "awesome" clearances
I'm with you brother. That's why I don't bother checking out Walmart anymore. It seems like a waste a time for me because I always exit the store empty handed with a Mcdonald's french fries or Monster energy drink lol.

I missed Kmart/Sears/Big Lots//Circuit City. They were the spots for clearance games in socal.

I'm with you brother. That's why I don't bother checking out Walmart anymore. It seems like a waste a time for me because I always exit the store empty handed with a Mcdonald's french fries or Monster energy drink lol.

I missed Kmart/Sears/Big Lots//Circuit City. They were the spots for clearance games in socal.
GOD I miss Kmart Clearance games. Mine was always so shitty in keeping the games on the pegs in the case, and would have games just in a messy pile at the bottom of the case. I would print off reported clearance sheets from CAG and take them into the store, have an employee unlock the case and I would dig for the good stuff.

I remember getting a pristine Tales of Symphonia for like $5.

So pissed.  Decide to make a run before the Clippers game tonight.  Had to justify to myself facing the traffic since the freeway collapse so I put together an entire shopping list.  Get to the store and it's abandoned.  No notification on the official website or anything.  Boooo

http://brickseek.com/sign-up/

Since when did Brickseek have a premium membership lol. Anyone actually use this?
I use the basic membership so it remembers my ZIP.
Naw, I hate driving across Austin unless I have to lol. Traffic is not worth it x.x
Austin traffic sssssssuxxxxxxxx.
I am pretty sure one of the managers at that DFW Walmart mentioned they'd be stocking potentially more. That same bin keeps getting refilled it seems.

Wrapped those XB1 games for my friends kid. He's going to have a pretty good birthday. (wrapping isn't my strong suit but the wife is working)

unnamed.jpg
Come on man, at least use different paper! :)

If anyone see's the silver halo locke xbox one controller for $17 and wants to grab me one, if really appreciate it. Shoot me a message. Thanks

If anyone see's the silver halo locke xbox one controller for $17 and wants to grab me one, if really appreciate it. Shoot me a message. Thanks
They are still 35 in my area. There is 22 in stock at the only walmart that has them. Best believe once they hit that price ima get on them real quick.

http://brickseek.com/sign-up/

Since when did Brickseek have a premium membership lol. Anyone actually use this?
since Feb at least... that's when I signed up..
The tools are worth it (Local Price Drops, Top Searches) there is a forum too but it is new so it is still small but they take all the posts on their fb group and drop them in there for premium members before they approve the post on fb

I got a couple good deals thanks to the local price drop tool but nothing really on video games

The other guy that was there was there before me and my buddy got there had a cart of stuff (not even close to full, but lots of games). HE had all the big ticket items according to my buddy, but he was there before us so I can't fault him. He had the GameStop app open so I know what he was doing. #Blessed :)
If that's the case the guy isn't even all that slick. He could undoubtedly make much more selling on eBay than flipping to GS.

You guys talking about visible socks being bad, and here I'm all like this, not giving a fuck:

tumblr_ma00zbPXf41rcqnnxo2_400.gif

(seriously, if I could get light up socks, I'd totally rock them)

If you're paying for colored socks you might be a millennial....
Too old to be a millennial. My kids pick out fun socks for me and I wear them all the time. I just don't give a shit what others think.

Hell, the past two days, I've been rocking this bracelet my 5 year old made for me this weekend.
cc85ce2d14381e2975306466ac96567d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I got a winter hat with a cat on it from Walmart in December. Eyes light up and change colors. Wife hides it from me so I only wear it during winter.

bread's done
Back