Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a Wii U Deluxe Mario Maker console bundle today on clearance for $149!!!
That is some luck. Must have missed the Nintendo re-capture. The company recalled all of its consoles in October and November, which is why you couldn't find the Wii U on clearance. As always, a few slip through the cracks. That was no doubt one of them.

That is some luck. Must have missed the Nintendo re-capture. The company recalled all of its consoles in October and November, which is why you couldn't find the Wii U on clearance. As always, a few slip through the cracks. That was no doubt one of them.

They only had a small sign up with a picture of the system that said if you're interested in purchasing this item, see store associate. Asked the guy in electronics if they even had any. He went into the back room to look and came out a few minutes later with one. He told me they had 3 more in the back. Maybe I should go back and pick the other 3 up.

Was it in the case or did you have to ask an associate to look in the back? I see one in my area that says limited stock. Is that what you saw on Brickseek? Thx!

Just happened to see a sign for it while I was looking around. Store associate had to get it from the back. Just checked brickseek a few minutes ago and it still shows 3 in stock at that store. I'm assuming it was 4 before I bought one.

Well no go on the $15 XB1 controllers. BS said there were 3 but as always it is wrong. The guys checked everywhere in the back and I checked electronics and clerance and nothing. :(

They only had a small sign up with a picture of the system that said if you're interested in purchasing this item, see store associate. Asked the guy in electronics if they even had any. He went into the back room to look and came out a few minutes later with one. He told me they had 3 more in the back. Maybe I should go back and pick the other 3 up.
I'll shoot you a PM. Wanted to see if you would be able to scoop up one and I'll pay for your troubles. Thx!

More of a general note for people in the Cleveland area: the store in Parma is pretty much done being remodeled, and I saw a lot of clearance throughout the store, especially in electronics. Not much in terms of gaming (just a handful of $1 PC games), but lots modems, routers, WiFi extenders, TVs, etc on clearance

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More of a general note for people in the Cleveland area: the store in Parma is pretty much done being remodeled, and I saw a lot of clearance throughout the store, especially in electronics. Not much in terms of gaming (just a handful of $1 PC games), but lots modems, routers, WiFi extenders, TVs, etc on clearance

Ridgewood or the one on Brookpark?

Cleveland as whole needs to be remodeled

Yes, because adding value to a run down area is a bad thing?
When increases to cost of living far outpaces average median income, then yes, that's a problem. Where are those poorer folks to go, when they can no longer afford to stay in their homes? An even shittier neighborhood.

Yes, because adding value to a run down area is a bad thing?
Adding value is not always a good thing either. Gentrification can mean expensive housing so that it drives people out because they cannot afford it anymore. It can also mean squeezing out small shop owners by building retail giants and superstores like Walmart or Target.

When increases to cost of living far outpaces average median income, then yes, that's a problem. Where are those poorer folks to go, when they can no longer afford to stay in their homes? An even shittier neighborhood.
Not that I want to take this further off topic, but this is hard to resist. I have to point out that if it is in fact their home, this creates no problem for them. If the value rises sharply, they will have acquired a lot more wealth. The issue you are speaking of is someone who does not in fact own a home, but wishes to remain in an area they can no longer afford to live in. There's always affordable housing (at least in the sense that anyone with a full time job can afford it), but that might require moving.

As someone who has lived in 3 states, 2 countries, and 9 different locations, I don't see the harm in moving. I think far too many people remain in an area because they form some attachment, even if it is a bad choice for them. Finally, I scoff at the notion that an area shouldn't be improved merely because the people living there need a shitty neighborhood to live in. Well, perhaps they go to a shittier neighborhood and in doing so make it a little less shitty,

Not that I want to take this further off topic, but this is hard to resist. I have to point out that if it is in fact their home, this creates no problem for them. If the value rises sharply, they will have acquired a lot more wealth. The issue you are speaking of is someone who does not in fact own a home, but wishes to remain in an area they can no longer afford to live in. There's always affordable housing (at least in the sense that anyone with a full time job can afford it), but that might require moving.

As someone who has lived in 3 states, 2 countries, and 9 different locations, I don't see the harm in moving. I think far too many people remain in an area because they form some attachment, even if it is a bad choice for them. Finally, I scoff at the notion that an area shouldn't be improved merely because the people living there need a shitty neighborhood to live in. Well, perhaps they go to a shittier neighborhood and in doing so make it a little less shitty,
what state location you live in? Is the living cost match to what you talking about in full time affordable?

what state location you live in? Is the living cost match to what you talking about in full time affordable?
Well, truth be told I could live off of part time income. When my wife and I first came back to the United States, we initially were well below the poverty line in terms of income, and we still were able to continue saving. However, I'm a CAG, unfortunately most people aren't really that good at making their dollar go further. I've never lived in a state or country in which providing basic food and shelter was beyond the means of someone making minimum wage though (such places exist, but why the hell would I live there?). I probably won't need to explain further since people here understand the importance of making thoughtful economic choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did find a few clearanced games a few days ago. Borderlands Triple Pack PS3, Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain PS3/360, NHL Legacy Edition PS3, Deadpool 360, Bioshock Infinite Complete 360, and TMNT Mutants In Manhattan 360. $5 each. Not sure how old those prices are but at the time they were great flips to GameStop

Jesus, some of you are whiny. I think we'll survive a couple pages with no deals, all those seconds of reading wasted! Oh no!

But, to contribute, a little while back I did actually find some 2 cent items on a shelf at Walmart. They had a few of them, but they were all cases for outdated cell phones and there was a reason they were still there I suppose. From what I've observed though, there does seem to be a newfound dedication to actually getting rid of some of the old crap laying around in electronics sections.

picked up two of those Phillips Hue starter kits for $99 each yesterday, looking forward to finally having some nice lighting setup

I went to a Walmart looking for Black Flag :ps4: for $9 (BS showed 2, found 0) and Rise of the Dark Spark :xb1: (BS showed 2, found 0).  I ended up walking out with a few crap PS2 titles for $0.02 and a copy of Spongebob Heropants :vita: for $5.

bread's done
Back