Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I did see a bunch of TVs on clearance last night.

Most of the 4k ones seemed to be around $350-400.
Walmart by my new house has all TVs on clearance. I don't know if there's a remodel coming, or clearing space for new models. Prices aren't all too stellar ATM now.

Walmart by my new house has all TVs on clearance. I don't know if there's a remodel coming, or clearing space for new models. Prices aren't all too stellar ATM now.
Yeah, I looked at another store today and the biggest discounts seemed to be $200 off.

just picked up mafia 3 deluxe edition w/ the season pass for $39.  Wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not so I pulled the trigger and might return it later.  This price is more than I usually pay for games and my backlog is huge.  Mafia 2 was fun, sure I would get around to playing this eventually.  I see gamestop has the deluxe edition listed as $39 but its out of stock anywhere around me.  Looks like the season pass is single player dlc?  I try to stay away from multi-player.  Opinions/recommendations?

just picked up mafia 3 deluxe edition w/ the season pass for $39. Wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not so I pulled the trigger and might return it later. This price is more than I usually pay for games and my backlog is huge. Mafia 2 was fun, sure I would get around to playing this eventually. I see gamestop has the deluxe edition listed as $39 but its out of stock anywhere around me. Looks like the season pass is single player dlc? I try to stay away from multi-player. Opinions/recommendations?
Target combined the deluxe with the regular DPCI so it's probably best to wait for a $30 sale there.

My local WM is remodeling and putting some older games on clearance. Though this isn't a clearance deal, I thought I belonged:
WzVeGd9.jpg

They also had Other M for $30.

just picked up mafia 3 deluxe edition w/ the season pass for $39. Wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not so I pulled the trigger and might return it later. This price is more than I usually pay for games and my backlog is huge. Mafia 2 was fun, sure I would get around to playing this eventually. I see gamestop has the deluxe edition listed as $39 but its out of stock anywhere around me. Looks like the season pass is single player dlc? I try to stay away from multi-player. Opinions/recommendations?
Depends on what platform you bought it on.

I recently picked it up on April 1st for around $19 for Mafia 3: Digital Deluxe Edition PC download (comes w/ Mafia 3 base-game + Season Pass all for Steam) from WinGameStore.

Not sure how cheap the console version has gotten, so I can't speak on that.

I think the story + character development is excellent here. The way the narrative + executed is very good, though. It's one of the main reasons I've had trouble putting the game down, even despite its repetitive gameplay + nature sometimes. I really do what to see where the story goes.

Though, I'm around some 30 hours in - and the game's beginning to feel repetitive. B/c it does the Far Cry 3 + UbiSoft open-world mission style thing + has collect-a-thon's everywhere, there's honestly only so much of the main quest of "Destroy X things", "Wipe out X Enemies", and "Racketeer X Areas" that one can take, when playing a game for that many hours.

Faster Baby DLC is a nice, but short departure from some of the above stuff - as it also have missions that involve using vehicles + some new mission types & tricks up its sleeve. I'd say when the game opens up and you're allowed to take that DLC on, do it ASAP - so you can break up the game's repetitive-ness up a bit.

Gameplay + combat is a bit different here in Mafia 3, as you also can do stealthy stuff. It's solid and well executed, TBH. You can literally drag bodies, stealth-kill enemies, or stealth-knockout enemies here, unlike previous titles. And since you can get the drop on them by starting out w/ stealth if you do desire, I do recommend most times you do that first when getting into an area, so you can get the drop on them and so you can drop their numbers in enemy count in an area - and then once they spot you, then you can get into the typical 3rd person shooter combat that we normally can expect from a Mafia series game.

Must be a glitch or something, BS shows a Walmart across town on I30 have/had Persona 5 Steelbook Ed for $15. It doesn't show up on Walmart app tho

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention a not-fantastic-but-still-decent pick up from last week: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for $12. They also cut the price of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D in half (to $20), but I'm still not ready to bite.

Must be a glitch or something, BS shows a Walmart across town on I30 have/had Persona 5 Steelbook Ed for $15. It doesn't show up on Walmart app tho

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Walmart.com has the steelbook edition listed for $4.99. Its out of stock of course but I'm gonna try to PM in store later today lol.

Good luck, it's a third party listing, but Walmart has some extremely dumb employees, so you may or may not have success.
I was able to score a $90 PS4 a couple years back when they were matching random Amazon listings so my Walmart doesn't have the brightest employees haha.

I was able to score a $90 PS4 a couple years back when they were matching random Amazon listings so my Walmart doesn't have the brightest employees haha.
Ahhh yeah, I remember that - the infamous "we'll match any online price" shennanegans. $90 PS4s and $60 WiiUs. Good times.

Took them quite a bit longer than it took Target to understand the difference between items sold directly by Amazon versus third party/Amazon marketplace listings.

Walmart.com has the steelbook edition listed for $4.99. Its out of stock of course but I'm gonna try to PM in store later today lol.
Any luck?

The Walmart closest to me has 2 copies, might be worth a shot. Do they do price matching there at the electronics section or do you have to go to customer service like at Target?

Any luck?

The Walmart closest to me has 2 copies, might be worth a shot. Do they do price matching there at the electronics section or do you have to go to customer service like at Target?
they can do price match at the register, but i think it requires manager override if over a certain dollar amount difference

Picked up $10 Payday 2 (PS4), $15 Star Ocean 5 (PS4), and $2.50 Wolf Among Us (Vita). Bought the vita game for a cheap case.

Also saw about a dozen PS3 versions of Borderlands 2 (GH) for $1 each. Would've picked some up for the cases if they weren't the greatest hits edition.

I forgot to mention a not-fantastic-but-still-decent pick up from last week: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for $12. They also cut the price of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D in half (to $20), but I'm still not ready to bite.
Playing with fire, doubt Xenoblade 3DS become cheaper across the board when new copies have gotten $60 online.

I may already be too late... I looked it up and there don't seem to be any copies left at that particular Wal-Mart. It says "limited quantities" next to that zero, but you know what a crapshoot that can be.

Here's the thing, though. I don't really like Xenoblade Chronicles all that much. I have it for the Wii U (as a Virtual Console release) and never play it. I'm not sure what buying a handheld version would accomplish, unless I were to flip it.

I may already be too late... I looked it up and there don't seem to be any copies left at that particular Wal-Mart. It says "limited quantities" next to that zero, but you know what a crapshoot that can be.

Here's the thing, though. I don't really like Xenoblade Chronicles all that much. I have it for the Wii U (as a Virtual Console release) and never play it. I'm not sure what buying a handheld version would accomplish, unless I were to flip it.
Limited Quantities + 0 on hand means there is one left.

Some of my local Walmarts remain committed to getting rid of some stuff. They had some non-gaming items marked at prices like .10 and .25. Nothing major but I got an air freshener for a dime, my wife got a shirt for a quarter, I got a couple of those pop pins for .50, a Dorbz for a buck and so on. They were putting stuff out and pricing more stuff while we were there. They'd marked down some games recently, but nothing remarkable. I guess the best deal was Soul Calibur 5 on PS3 for $4.

The Nevada, MO store just moved all the games they had in a four way clearance shelf to endcaps, and made them all $15.  The plehtora of Marvel vs Capcom 3 Steelbooks for 360 have dropped in price for the first time in at least a year!   O:)

On a serious note, there were some deals to be had - found a lone copy of Hitman Season 1 Steelbook for XB1 for $15, but could not find the PS4 version.  They also had COD: Infinite Warfare for PC and Farm Simulator 17 PC for $15, along with other random deals.

If they had nes classic showing 0 limited quantities for more than a day, it's most likely an inventory error. Off by one sale.

That copy of Xenoblade Chronicles was gone. Good; I didn't need to spend that money on a game I didn't really want but was obliged to buy because of the price.

Samsung EVO 128GB MicroSDXC with adapter has two different packaging and SKU's:

Item # 44875081  UPC 887276085586  ($13 lowest I've seen)

Item # 53506681  UPC 887276159317  ($5--$6.50 lowest I've seen)

The second one just comes on a slightly larger card (less than half an inch I'd say).

Some stores have different prices for each, eventhough I think brickseek combines them for inventory totals.

I'm also seeing a lot of random electronics clearance in store.  Sound bar systems, routers, TV's, etc. usually 30% to 50% off. 

It's worth just walking around the department to see what's what.

Item # 44875081 UPC 887276085586 ($13 lowest I've seen)

Item # 53506681 UPC 887276159317 ($5--$6.50 lowest I've seen)

The second one just comes on a slightly larger card (less than half an inch I'd say).

Some stores have different prices for each, eventhough I think brickseek combines them for inventory totals.

I'm also seeing a lot random electronics clearance in store. Sound bar systems, routers, TV's, etc. usually 30% to 50% off.

Searching both skus for my area brings up the same inventory and pricing results, so I would guess they are combined in Walmart's system.

Item # 44875081 UPC 887276085586 ($13 lowest I've seen)

Item # 53506681 UPC 887276159317 ($5--$6.50 lowest I've seen)

Some stores have different prices for each, eventhough I think brickseek combines them for inventory totals.

I'm also seeing a lot random electronics clearance in store. Sound bar systems, routers, TV's, etc. usually 30% to 50% off.

There's a store that has 53 of them for $13 nearby.

AOC 24" Monitor $64
Linksys AC1600 router $89
Guitar Hero Live 360 $15
Waddle dee amiibo $3
Wario amiibo $3
Several keyboards for around 30% off
G105 and 2016 Widowmaker

Brickseek shows the 128GB MicroSD as $13 with 60+ in stock, went in store but the store has a different sku for the item with a price at $49.96.

$13 sku shows NOF with no other info and the item in store on the floor shows a different sku priced at $49.96 but no info on brickseek for that sku.

Of course, now, Brickseek shows 0 in stock at that store.

I went to a Walmart that supposedly had 18 in-stock. Found the area where they should have been with a $25 sticker, although BS showed $13. Employee said others had been asking about them and they don't have any. Walmart clearance items tend to be a wild goose chase, so not surprised.

I went to a Walmart that supposedly had 18 in-stock. Found the area where they should have been with a $25 sticker, although BS showed $13. Employee said others had been asking about them and they don't have any. Walmart clearance items tend to be a wild goose chase, so not surprised.
All of these are in the back room. I had the same problem at my location with 45+ on hand from BrickSeek. Had to get a manager so they could look inside some boxes where they found all of them.

All of these are in the back room. I had the same problem at my location with 45+ on hand from BrickSeek. Had to get a manager so they could look inside some boxes where they found all of them.
I cant stress this enough. Each time I go for a clearance item, I just have them scan to confirm they have it in inventory then get a manager to go have someone dig it up. This is more so for situations where the app and brickseek states they have it. Product is not suppose to sit in a box, its suppose to be on the aisles to be bought.

Still, you can bypass even that if the store pickup option is available on the website. Its not available for these memory cards though.

bread's done
Back