Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Local Walmart had 12 of the Samsung memory cards in stock, according to Brickseek. Found 10 on the shelves, so seemed accurate. (Probably lost a couple to shrinkage.)

Local Walmart had 12 of the Samsung memory cards in stock, according to Brickseek. Found 10 on the shelves, so seemed accurate. (Probably lost a couple to shrinkage.)
Unless someone brought a shrink ray to the store and miniaturized the cards, what you're talking about is theft, not... "shrinkage."

The receiver isn't HDCP 2.2 compatible so keep that in mind if you were planning on using it for 4K HDR. You'll also be limited to 4K at 30hz.
That's the only reason why I didn't grab it yesterday when I found 1 at my walmart (still marked at $150, but rings up $99)

went to another store supposed to have 18 microsd cards, the guy there said they didn't have any. He wouldn't go to the back because he said he already went in to check for some [idiot] who called in about the card yesterday.

I also see 3 Switches sitting in the glass case.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Was surprised to see that employee theft is a larger component than shoplifting, but after experiencing how shady so many walmart employees were regarding the NES classic, I absolutely believe it.
Retail and restaurants both get ripped off by their own employees. Part of why not having a retail location is so alluring to many businesses among many other reasons.

On topic, I'm going to go hit up the one walmart locally that is usually good for this kind of stuff.

Checked 3 different walmarts last night for those 128 gb cards, total inventory shown between the 3 locations was over 80 units. I had a manager help me look at each store, came up with a grand total of 0. We checked electronics clearance, the general aisle, they checked the back, nothing. 

That's pretty bad even for walmart.

Is this worth $199 just coz its LE? Store I'm vacaying nearby supposedly has 2 in stock... https://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStation-4-Disney-Infinity-3.0-Limited-Edition-Star-Wars-500GB-Console-Bundle-PS4/47079023 I already have DI 3.0 and that controller and a PS4 Slim so more of collecting to be a set piece lolol
It looks great, but I guess it's hard to speculate as to long term value. It's worth $200 used, it's a great deal at that price right now, I'd sure be tempted to buy it. Long term? Consoles of course tend to go down in value over time, and a lot of limited edition/alternate color consoles are worth rather modest amounts. I have some Nintendo ones that have held up well. The thing is if it is just for collecting, then you'll leave it sealed, and playing $200 for something you'll just leave in the box is a lot. Then again, this is coming from someone who still has a sealed Zelda 3DS XL, but then again it's Zelda...

Retail and restaurants both get ripped off by their own employees. Part of why not having a retail location is so alluring to many businesses among many other reasons.

On topic, I'm going to go hit up the one walmart locally that is usually good for this kind of stuff.
I mean, if the employees stash then buy after work, not really theft.

And let's be honest here, working at Wal-Mart would suck every dick in Texas, if they can put up with it maybe they deserve to buy one

I mean, if the employees stash then buy after work, not really theft.

And let's be honest here, working at Wal-Mart would suck every dick in Texas, if they can put up with it maybe they deserve to buy one
That's not what I'm talking about, I mean actual theft. When businesses talk about raising prices to compensate for theft they really mean it, it's built in. You can see it on financials just like any other expense and it gets a line item.

Took a trip to the store today and found some things of interest.

ASUS Chromebook Flip 16GB/2GB for $125.

Samsung Chromebook 3 16GB/2GB for $80.

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 for $100.

Wow there was 45 of those samsung 128gb cards 3 days ago now theres 0 lol.
I've noticed they're disappearing off shelves quickly around here, according to brickseek. Folks are wising up to the deal. Online prices are dropping though, were selling for $40 on eBay but now closer to $30.

Must be an isolated discount. That's $50 every location near me still.
My bad. Yeah there's only one store in my area, Hialeah, that has it for $20. It's about 15 miles away so I doubt I'll get over there for it.

Is the Blood and Wine DLC the only thing extra that it comes with opposed to the regular edition?

My bad. Yeah there's only one store in my area, Hialeah, that has it for $20. It's about 15 miles away so I doubt I'll get over there for it.

Is the Blood and Wine DLC the only thing extra that it comes with opposed to the regular edition?
There were 3 sets of DLC, one of which was the Blood and Wine. Definitely worth going to get at that price. None of the stores near me have it for less than $49.xx.

Weird, Brickseek said my stores had 10+ each of the SD Cards and neither of them had any in stock
I was at a store yesterday that had more than 10 in stock, the head electronics employee was adamant they didn't have any. Refused to check in back. Somewhat knew their stuff since he showed me where the sandisk cards were and knew about the new packaging for them.

One of my semi-local stores has one of the huge bins filled with clearance games...unfortunately most are priced terribly.  I did pick up Star Wars Battlefront on XB1 for $8 though because it was priced wrong haha.  There was tons in the bin but only one was priced that way so it was a mistake.  There's a few other games I'll pick up if they drop the price.  Thing about this specific Wal Mart that I had is the print the clearance stickers different than the other ones around me.  It has the price, but in almost as big letters it has the amount saved.  I get fooled every damn time picking up games thinking the "saved" price is the final...

Nothing will beat the time I was at a Wal Mart and they pushed two cart fulls of games up front and said "everything inside is $5" though!  That was awesome, I'm never at the right place/right time for stuff like that.

The ASUS SKU is 49599476. I think Brickseek is inaccurate for inventory though because my store had a few even though it says OOS.
The Samsung SKU is either one of these, I couldn't figure out which one though 54307094 or 100634536.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/
Are these capable of downloading loading iTunes to back up and do software upgrade to iPhone? Never fooled with one and gf needs a laptop.

Are these capable of downloading loading iTunes to back up and do software upgrade to iPhone? Never fooled with one and gf needs a laptop.
No it can not. It basically just runs chrome and any extensions for it. They are good if all you do is browse the web and do some light productivity work.

I give up

PjH7fWj.png

I saw several Minecraft for Vita for $5 today. I actually had a Vita I probably would have bought one.
The codes already expired.

And if you go back and if they still have any, mind picking one up for me? I know the code expired but its for a complete library.

I saw several Minecraft for Vita for $5 today. I actually had a Vita I probably would have bought one.
the code inside also entitles you to the digital PS3 version of minecraft.

I hated it when it started with Patapon 2 (PSP), and I still hate digital download codes at retail. However the only upside is that retail will clearance the box'n'card to well below the lowest online sale price... but given that at least one other region got the physical Minecraft game, we in Region 1 got ripped off.

EDIT:

What? sometimes the code last longer with PSN... but yeash, that would really stink to buy a box and a broken promise. (that's like how my Target is still selling M.A.G. on PS3 for $20... that is a dead game)

0 for 3 on the 128gb Samsung sd cards. Multiple stores showing numerous quantities yet none on the shelf and employees can't find any.

My local store has a confirmed 12 of the 128GB cards but haven't dropped below $25 yet.
A store 30 minutes from me reports 47 on brickseek for $13 ea. Another store that's an hour in the opposite direction has -3 for $13 and it keeps going farther in the negatives. Weird.
Also local store reports Persona Q for $7. Last time I saw it at the store it still had a $40 tag and came with the taro cards. Gonna check it out next time I'm out.
Here's the SKU for Persona 37652854

For the memory cards, its possible that the SKUs merged with the other evo memory cards that were released around the same time. Same thing happened to a bunch of Amiibos. Might not be worth venturing too far for them since its likely the case.

I had to hit 4 stores, but I did find a Wal-Mart with employees willing to look in the back for the cards. He came out with a whole stack of them, I bought 4. For anyone in Kansas City, it's the 15700 Metcalf Avenue store in Overland Park. When I left brickseek updated from 18 to 14, right now it's at 12. You might have to ask for them to look in the back if they haven't put them out yet.

For the memory cards, its possible that the SKUs merged with the other evo memory cards that were released around the same time. Same thing happened to a bunch of Amiibos. Might not be worth venturing too far for them since its likely the case.
One of the store I went to recently didn't even have any Evo, A LOT of sandisk tho

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

The codes already expired.

And if you go back and if they still have any, mind picking one up for me? I know the code expired but its for a complete library.
Is there any way to get the codes honored? I wouldn't mind grabbing one.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back