Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
the code inside also entitles you to the digital PS3 version of minecraft.

I hated it when it started with Patapon 2 (PSP), and I still hate digital download codes at retail. However the only upside is that retail will clearance the box'n'card to well below the lowest online sale price... but given that at least one other region got the physical Minecraft game, we in Region 1 got ripped off.

EDIT:

What? sometimes the code last longer with PSN... but yeash, that would really stink to buy a box and a broken promise. (that's like how my Target is still selling M.A.G. on PS3 for $20... that is a dead game)
I still see APB Reloaded at Walmart, usually for $40-50.

$8.00

Hello Kitty Floral Dot To Dot Plush Twin Blanket  49585246

Secret Life Of Pets "City of Pets" 62" x 90" Plush Blanket 54296954

Finding Dory Blanket  52650111

$4.50

Poptropica Forgotten Island Nintendo 3DS  39507639

I tried a couple more Walmart locations that supposedly had the 128gb samsumg microsd cards in stock for $13. None to be found. At one location, the manager checked in the back since it says they had 20. He came back with nothing, but explained that they were currently remodeling the Electronics area, so the backroom is all mixed up with new and old inventory. He said to come back in a week and they should be finished with the remodeling. I ended up trying one more place that had 36 at $25 and picked up one there. There were only 3 out on the shelf. Maybe more in the back, but with such a wide variance in inventory count, it seems either a lot were stolen or the count is merged with several other SKUs similar to amiibos and wii u remotes were.

A more rural Walmart near one of my sisters supposedly has some, so may have more luck there.

I had to hit 4 stores, but I did find a Wal-Mart with employees willing to look in the back for the cards. He came out with a whole stack of them, I bought 4. For anyone in Kansas City, it's the 15700 Metcalf Avenue store in Overland Park. When I left brickseek updated from 18 to 14, right now it's at 12. You might have to ask for them to look in the back if they haven't put them out yet.
Went tonight, nobody could find the box. They confirmed the system still shows 12 and gave me the name of the Electronics Department Manager to talk to tomorrow. I swear I am snake bitten when it comes to Walmart stuff.

cubic_ninja_walmarta3zil.jpg

Proooooobably not a repeatable deal, but YMMV.

Other random finds:

:pc:
Cities: Skylines $9 45731069
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (code in a box): $7 45702417

AOC 24" IPS I2476VWM monitor $64 49802079
Eureka SuctionSeal 2.0 AS3101A $70 38684177

Those memory cards have been constant fails for me.

Brickseek inventory has been the same all around me for a week.

Go to stores, confirm stock, no one can ever find them. They always have a few of the newer cards though.

Grabbed a Logitech MK570 Comfort Wave wireless keyboard/mouse set for $35 today.  Not too shabby.  Brickseek says the local store has 8 128 GB Micro SD cards left for $9, but I only found one.

Those memory cards have been constant fails for me.

Brickseek inventory has been the same all around me for a week.

Go to stores, confirm stock, no one can ever find them. They always have a few of the newer cards though.
Same for me. Tried 3-4 stores in my travels over the weekend, nothing.

:pc:

Cities: Skylines $4.00 45731069

They put a bunch of other games out  with the  clearance games. Hopefully they get marked down soon.

Does anyone have the SKU and/or pic of the 128 GB micro card? I have seen 2 versions in store, and both ring up full price. Is this something most people are having to get pulled from the back?

Found a FFXIV 60 day game time card, the one in the DVD case today. Clearanced for $5. Redeemed perfectly fine.
For anyone else about to redeem: If I'm not mistaken, if u have the PS3 version, everything is subfree now on ps3 until servers shut down next month. Then port ur character to ps4 and then use the card to maximize the time.

Anyone have experience with a Linksys 1600 Router?

Found a combo with an extender for $50 at Walmart but i've never had that brand before. Always stuck with Netgear.

Any feedback is appreciated

Anyone have experience with a Linksys 1600 Router?

Found a combo with an extender for $50 at Walmart but i've never had that brand before. Always stuck with Netgear.

Any feedback is appreciated
I just bought this same set and set it up yesterday. Set up is pretty easy but I would recommend doing it from a PC. I started the set up on Android and half way through they want you download their stupid app to continue.

The router seems good so far. The extender has a better signal then the Netgear one I used to have in the same location.

I just bought this same set and set it up yesterday. Set up is pretty easy but I would recommend doing it from a PC. I started the set up on Android and half way through they want you download their stupid app to continue.

The router seems good so far. The extender has a better signal then the Netgear one I used to have in the same location.
It's stupid of them to actually want you to download the app, but it seems like a decent enough router by reviews I've heard. Going to get it then. Seems like Linksys is pretty well received all around.

Thanks for the input!

It's stupid of them to actually want you to download the app, but it seems like a decent enough router by reviews I've heard. Going to get it then. Seems like Linksys is pretty well received all around.
Thanks for the input!
Linksys has always worked well for me. I've using the tried and true WRT54 from way back. Still rock solid to this day.

[attachment=26626:20170519_075024.jpg]

Does anyone have the SKU and/or pic of the 128 GB micro card? I have seen 2 versions in store, and both ring up full price. Is this something most people are having to get pulled from the back?
Actually, there are three versions.

SKU for this is one 44875081.

There is another white carded one that is slightly bigger with SKU 53506681.

The new ones come on black cards and are not on clearance.

My local Walmarts are definitely YMMV.. but in the last month I have managed to pickup quite some stuff..

Ghostbusters (PS4) the latest Activision one, $1

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (PS4)  $2

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst $10

Payday 2: Safecracker Edition (360) $2

Ultimate Stealth Pack (Thief / Hitman: Absolution / Deus Ex: Human Revolution) (360) $2

Murdered Soul Suspect (360) $2

Syndicate (360) $2

The Darkness 2 (360) $2

Shadows of Mordor (360) $2

Midnight Club L.A. Complete Edition (PS3) $2

Dragon Age Origins (PS3) $2

All the games were sealed as well, brand new..

Also picked up 3 strategy guides..

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (Ultimate Evil Edition) $2

Assassin's Creed Unity $2

GTA V (Limited Edition Hardcover Guide) $3

Didn't see anything new at one of the local Walmarts, but they did have all of their clearance display TVs lined up like dominoes. So, someone treated them as such and knocked them over. The last one refused to go down, though 😁

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

For anyone else about to redeem: If I'm not mistaken, if u have the PS3 version, everything is subfree now on ps3 until servers shut down next month. Then port ur character to ps4 and then use the card to maximize the time.
No, there is no such thing. Everything is redeemed on the mogstation website. There is no "ps3" "ps4" or "pc" gametime. Gametime is gametime for FFXIV.

Oh wait I misunderstood. At the same time I don't believe PS3 is "subfree". There is however a trial, which has certain limitations like not being able to join up in duty finders and stuff like that.

No, there is no such thing. Everything is redeemed on the mogstation website. There is no "ps3" "ps4" or "pc" gametime. Gametime is gametime for FFXIV.

Oh wait I misunderstood. At the same time I don't believe PS3 is "subfree". There is however a trial, which has certain limitations like not being able to join up in duty finders and stuff like that.
Hmmmmmm lol I think we are talking about different "free" things coz now I'm confused o_O http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/04/25/play-ffxiv-free-on-ps3-next-month/amp/
http://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/as-final-fantasy-14s-ps3-shutdown-nears-ps3-subscr/1100-6449568/

the 2nd article mentions being subfree btw

can anyone else familiar with what's gonna happen next month clarify coz now I'm really not sure lol

very YMMV but someone on reddit found the Switch Dock Set for half off at his local walmart, checked brickseek and it does show his zipcode with one store marked down to $45, UPC is 045496590499

attachicon.gif
20170519_075024.jpg

Actually, there are three versions.

SKU for this is one 44875081.

There is another white carded one that is slightly bigger with SKU 53506681.

The new ones come on black cards and are not on clearance.
The store I went to shown as having 4 on Brickseek. An employee handed me 1 (white card) and said that was all they had. Count went down to 3 after I bought it, but this happened on each SKU as both had 4. Item was shown as deleted on the telxon. Employees were all being quiet the entire time, just waiting for that quantity of 0 to appear in the next hour.

There is a store somewhere in the Nashville TN area that had it priced at $6 and negative 3 quantity. Not sure if it be worth hunting for the memory cards in other areas if the stock isn't accurate.

I seen the Nighthawk 1900 wireless router for $75, last seen for $99.

I wouldn't get too excited about those 128GB memory cards. I went to my local Wal-Mart today and inquired about them, asking first about the product and then giving the USB code. The employee looked it up on a palm-sized device, which claimed that the item had been deleted from the store's inventory. So much for those five memory cards Brickseek claimed were still in stock.

I'm not putting a lot of stock in Brickseek's predictions from this point forward. I've been disappointed once too often.

I wouldn't get too excited about those 128GB memory cards. I went to my local Wal-Mart today and inquired about them, asking first about the product and then giving the USB code. The employee looked it up on a palm-sized device, which claimed that the item had been deleted from the store's inventory. So much for those five memory cards Brickseek claimed were still in stock.

I'm not putting a lot of stock in Brickseek's predictions from this point forward. I've been disappointed once too often.
That doesn't mean it isn't in the store. Plenty of deleted items are in stores and can be added back to inventory (usually at full price).

Brickseek has been getting less reliable within the last year for sure.

It's a nice resource to have.

I don't know if BS is wrong or the store inventory. Stuff just doesn't vanish into thin air. It's either sold, stolen, or lost.

bread's done
Back