Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Might snag one of those controllers for $64...yay or nay?

Loved the elite but it was too damn expensive.  Can you remap them on PC for steam games and such? (the extra buttons)

My local store finally dropped those 128gb Samsung microSDs to $13.  Picked up two of them out of some 30 they had.  Also saw the 64gb version of the same model for $13 as well.

Noticed that they also finally dropped some prices on a few games in the value bin.  Nothing worth noting that hasn't been already been posted except since I haven't played a football game in a long time I grabbed a copy of Madden 15 PS4 for $7. 

Also laughed at the fact that all those $5 copies of Battleborn that they couldn't move for a while at that price.  To make them fly off the shelves, they all got the super special insider rollback deal price adjustment of marking them back up to $20 :whistle2:$ ;).

The Razer controller is definitely worth it.

The face buttons are tactile like a mouse (nothing like any controller I've ever had; easy to press and amazingly responsive.  The top two and back two buttons are also the same type of "mouse click").

The 4 extra buttons are also mappable w/o any software; everything is done while the controller is plugged into the X1 or PC (I did it on PC; remapped A to back left button, and B to back right button).

Overally worth 50% off easily.

The Razer controller is definitely worth it.

The face buttons are tactile like a mouse (nothing like any controller I've ever had; easy to press and amazingly responsive. The top two and back two buttons are also the same type of "mouse click").

The 4 extra buttons are also mappable w/o any software; everything is done while the controller is plugged into the X1 or PC (I did it on PC; remapped A to back left button, and B to back right button).

Overally worth 50% off easily.
I was always annoyed w/ 360 pad in some games where you can have a HOLD of a button do something different than a TAP. To the extra buttons - can you add a Hold B to one button and then add Tap B to another?

Something like that could be useful in Alan Wake - I hated Run/Dodge for Tap/Hold on same button.

I was always annoyed w/ 360 pad in some games where you can have a HOLD of a button do something different than a TAP. To the extra buttons - can you add a Hold B to one button and then add Tap B to another?

Something like that could be useful in Alan Wake - I hated Run/Dodge for Tap/Hold on same button.
On this controller? No. It's just reassigning keys that are already on the controller. The extra buttons and face ones are super super easy to press and hold, same feeling as a mouse click but even easier to press.

On this controller? No. It's just reassigning keys that are already on the controller. The extra buttons and face ones are super super easy to press and hold, same feeling as a mouse click but even easier to press.
Is this controller much easier to do a press vs. a hold over the old Xbox For Windows USB-based S-style controller?

attachicon.gif
18739158_1751117451582032_8254056076944427566_o.jpg

Some what of a deal . .
saw piles of the linksys routers in the clearance section of one store I went to, held off since I don't urgently need one, but if anyone sees the AC3200 drop, lmk

Wait, what! The game was cancelled, how was there even stock.
According to brickseek more popped up in Kissimee FL, Pagosa Spgs CO, Farmington NM, and Houston TX.

My friend that works in electronics at Walmart says they shouldn't be able to sell them since they were recalled, but I don't know if that information stays in the system for 6+ years. I'd be really curious to ask people that work at the stores but all are not exactly close to the Tampa area.

According to brickseek more popped up in Kissimee FL, Pagosa Spgs CO, Farmington NM, and Houston TX.

My friend that works in electronics at Walmart says they shouldn't be able to sell them since they were recalled, but I don't know if that information stays in the system for 6+ years. I'd be really curious to ask people that work at the stores but all are not exactly close to the Tampa area.
I was in that Kissimmee store yesterday. Didn't even think to look for or ask about it.

Houston store is showing 0 avail, wonder if they actually had em. How do you check BS for such a wide area?

1 store had 7 at that price since Thursday last week. I was surprised they didn't sell as quick over the weekend but they are now showing as 0, limited stock. I got one at $75 a week ago from today, the store price adjusted without a problem (YMMV). As mentioned earlier in the thread, the lowest I seen it go for was $7 but the location shows limited stock, 0.

I seen several different headsets in the clearance aisle at another store, so picked up a Turtlebeach Earforce PLa for $10 (PS3, PS4, PC, Mac).

The others were:

Razer Kraken Pro 2015 Gaming Headset, Black - $40

SteelSeries Siberia 150 Headset - $25

TRITTON Tri484030m02/02/1 Kunai 3.5mm Stereo Headset for Xbox One - $25 (most places still showing what I believe is full price, so YMMV)

nice find, I was reading some discussion the other night that the Samsung KS8000 series are discontinued and becoming hard to find now, guessing samsung is phasing all the K sets out

Got one for my son for Xmas. Pretty cool fun time. Not sure of the exact date but you have to use it with an app (no remote). App had an expiration date (can't remember) that they would of no longer offer app. Read package to make sure before buying.

There are DOZENS of this at this price in my area. There is one store that has a $25 price, but you can guess that store's stock level.

Got one for my son for Xmas. Pretty cool fun time. Not sure of the exact date but you have to use it with an app (no remote). App had an expiration date (can't remember) that they would of no longer offer app. Read package to make sure before buying.
That would be a pretty dick move. But I bet the apk file (Android) would be backed up somewhere on the internet...

Is the r2 in toys or electronics
I found it in toys on the action figure aisle right with the Star Wars merchandise on the shelf.

Also, I was able to download the app without issue. Haven't tried it out yet though. So I guess it just won't be supported after the cutoff date not lose functionality?

Tons of these at every store around. Are these any good?

For those who live near Lunenburg, MA, the Walmart has the LaLalime (Green) PDP Rock Candy XBox One/Windows wired controller for $10. I believe that this is just a local store thing, but you guys can check to see if it's on sale in your area. Here's the Brickseek link: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=49029701
BS's MSRP $35, my WMs sell it for $38. That's the kind of clearance I expect at my locations...

1 store had 7 at that price since Thursday last week. I was surprised they didn't sell as quick over the weekend but they are now showing as 0, limited stock. I got one at $75 a week ago from today, the store price adjusted without a problem (YMMV). As mentioned earlier in the thread, the lowest I seen it go for was $7 but the location shows limited stock, 0.

I seen several different headsets in the clearance aisle at another store, so picked up a Turtlebeach Earforce PLa for $10 (PS3, PS4, PC, Mac).

The others were:

Razer Kraken Pro 2015 Gaming Headset, Black - $40

SteelSeries Siberia 150 Headset - $25

TRITTON Tri484030m02/02/1 Kunai 3.5mm Stereo Headset for Xbox One - $25 (most places still showing what I believe is full price, so YMMV)
I would avoid that Kunai headset. I bought a set that looked just like that one, and it hurt my ears.

Since there is plenty of stock on that R2-D2, I would wait for it to drop to $15 (though all the stores in my area say $30 is the lowest price available according to BS, not sure if that really means that). The size looks like as tall as a 12" figure judging from the stock imagery. Not too big or too small.

Can never find any of these deals at any of my local Walmarts. I finally found the clearance section at my closest store, it's literally just the end cap of the video game shelves, in the back of the store. There's maybe 10 little pegs that have a Skylander, ps vita case, and 5 different ink cartridges.

Can never find any of these deals at any of my local Walmarts. I finally found the clearance section at my closest store, it's literally just the end cap of the video game shelves, in the back of the store. There's maybe 10 little pegs that have a Skylander, ps vita case, and 5 different ink cartridges.
My stores either have a large clearance isle between the garden area and health and beauty, or by somewhere between the toy department, which might also have some electronic items.

Random gold continues to pop up in Southeast Kansas stores (in this case, the Chanute, KS store).

BVZ0yk8.jpg

Holy cow this Walmart actually still had this. Marked $119 but the dept manager said "how about $15 since it's out of the system?" The statue is so worth the cost!!

[attachment=26733:IMG_1355.JPG]

bread's done
Back