Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find! My local stores have them as low as $3, but that's still a good price.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52163259

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-33574-GE-HDMI-Cable-6-Gold/52163259

About this item

Disclaimer: While we aim to provide accurate product information, it is provided by manufacturers, suppliers and others, and has not been verified by us. See our disclaimer.
Easily connect your HDMI compatible devices such as your DVD/ Blu-ray players, cable and satellite boxes and game consoles to your HDTV using the GE HDMI Cable. This cable allows you to view video in full HD for all brands in one connection. For HDTVs, this cable is certified for 1080p Full HD and 4K Ultra HD (when applicable). The gold-plated connectors provide the highest quality signal for today's digital audio and video equipment. This HDMI cable also supports Deep Color and is 3D compatible for a superior viewing experience. 5.1- and 7.1-channel surround sound is supported and the 10.2 Gbps provides a superior high speed connection. The cable features a simple plug-and-play application and has a flexible design to meet your needs. This product is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
GE HDMI Cable, 6':

• Certified 1080p HD and 4K and 2K Ultra HD
  • Capable of transmitting Deep Color and is 3D compatible
  • Supports 5.1 and 7.1 channel surround sound
  • HDMI to HDMI
  • Premium gold plated connectors
  • Cable length: 6'
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Because the packaging mentions "High Speed with Ethernet", this is at least an HDMI 1.4 cable (and probably no newer than that), which means it could do 4K video at 30Hz or 60Hz (HDMI 2.0) or 120 HZ (HDMI 2.1).

What is interesting is that my closest Walmart shows OOS, while www.walmart.com shows I could pick them up today from that same store. :whistle2:k
Are these basically the same as the amazon ones? https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Standard/dp/B014I8SSD0?th=1

that's what i currently own and dont need to buy them if they're essentially the same lol

My local Walmart, Lem Turner Jax, had Wii U gamepad extended batteries for $5. Not sure how good they will still be considering they are probably a few years old now.

I also found and bought a pair of Klipsch S3 M headphones for $9. Great deal as originally $60

My local had a few more games added to clearance.  Just Cause 3 for XB1 was $10, Borderlands Handsome Collection XB1 for $10 are the two I remember, but there were probably at least another 8 that had been marked down.

Turns out my local Wal-Mart has 3 copies of the farpoint aim bundle on clearance. I picked up one for myself (obviously) but is it worth it to grab the others to resell?

My local walmarts have clearanced the 4 " world of nintendo figures from Jakks down to $7.00.

This link should give you an idea of what the stock is in store but the SKU is not character specific

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=132372746

I'm not sure about the 2.5" ones or the check out line figures because I didn't see any.
Action figure clearance at Walmart is just as random as video game clearance is. I recently found an area in the toy section at my local Walmart where a bunch of different toys from different lines were just junked together on a shelf. No organization whatsoever.

Turns out my local Wal-Mart has 3 copies of the farpoint aim bundle on clearance. I picked up one for myself (obviously) but is it worth it to grab the others to resell?
I would consider buying it but after shipping you're probably making more by selling locally unless you give CAG discount. [emoji3]

Absolutely you should, I just got one from GameStop that I had to have shipped from a store halfway across the country, very hard to find. I picked it up 4 hours after getting the call it came in and the employee thanked me for getting there as quick as I did, it showed up in inventory and he got over 10 calls to purchase it in the 4 hours. And not sure if this is true, but the employee told me the bundle sku is discontinued, which would mean they aren't going to be selling the bundle anymore.

My local walmarts have clearanced the 4 " world of nintendo figures from Jakks down to $7.00.

This link should give you an idea of what the stock is in store but the SKU is not character specific

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=132372746

I'm not sure about the 2.5" ones or the check out line figures because I didn't see any.
The 2.5" figs are down to $3 at almost every store around me. Not sure if that includes the checkout figs or if it's just the normal packaged ones.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=126918906

Today I saw:

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (PS3) - $5

Deadpool (360) - $5

Just Dance Disney Party 2 (360) - $1

Medal of Honor Warfighter (PS3) - $1

Borderlands 2 (PS3) - $1

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $1

Rabbids Invasion (360) - $1

Prototype 2 (360) - $3

Call of Duty Ghosts 360/Xbone download code in a box - $5

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (Xbone) - $5

Snoopy's Grand Adventure (Wii U) - $5

Today I saw:

Deadpool (360) - $5

Borderlands 2 (PS3) - $1

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $1

Prototype 2 (360) - $3

That version of deadpool can be flipped to gamestop for 8.80 base. None at that price any walmarts around me though. :(

Today I saw:

Deadpool (360) - $5

Borderlands 2 (PS3) - $1

Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $1

Prototype 2 (360) - $3

Damn I got excited and went to Walmart only to be disappointed. They had all of those games and not one was below 19.99.

Just a tip for my fellow CAG's:

If you download the Walmart ap & set the store (My Store) location to the store you're shopping at, it will give you pretty damn accurate pricing on any items in stock including clearance video games & accessories. This is useful since at one Walmart they could have, say for example Far Cry 4 for Xbox 360, for $5 while at another store a few miles away it could be $20.

As far as accuracy goes, I find it's as good or better than Brickseek. It's batting 100% for me when it actually gives a price but sometimes it says availability unknown & sometimes in those cases won't show a price on that item.

All the Xbox One and PS4 games marked for $20 have been reduced to $15. Only one that might be worth it is Destiny with Taken King.

They also have AC/DC Rock Band fan pack for Xbox 360 reduced from $35 to $5. Comes with game, t shirt, and DVD. Picked it up but then put it back. Getting better at not buying things I don't need.

Hey guys idk how YMMV this is since I'm at a new Walmart right now (out of state for work), but the local Walmart here has all the Wii U games that come with amiibos(Mario Party 10, Yoshi, Captain Toad) for $30. I'm not completely sold on those games since last year they hit $20, but it's still a decent price! But I did bite on one game....

https://imgur.com/gallery/fzBRI

Sorry, but as someone who never has any decent clearance at my stores,I just had to share/gloat about my first good find!

The stores in this area seem to be done with Clearance-mania.  The larger stores have now switched over to the new layout for Electronics and are moving onto other sections, and the smaller stores that aren't doing the reset are back to the usual Clearance Aisle riff-raff.  The old TVs and sound equipment have been cleared out or shipped out, as have the PC/Laptop, networking, and gaming items.  Hoping the Chanute store drops their handful of DualShock 3s down from $25 to $15, but aside from that, this glorious season seems to be over.

I didn't see it in the clearance section, but I was looking at the Nintendo Switch display and noticed that they had the red version of the Power A - Joy-Con Comfort Grip for $9.88. Cheapest I've seen them anywhere.

as others have said these past few days, my WM has finished the remodel in electronics and with that most clearance items are gone.  it was a fun ride... 

I seen a LEGO Batman 3 :xb1: earlier tonight, came with a batmobile. yellow $10 sticker, box was a little beat up, I passed on it. Not sure if that's the lowest its been either.

Still waiting on Wii U game clearance... I missed that $20 captain toad and yarn yoshi bundle ages ago and the nearby walmart must have 30 bundles combined.

My local store just got a restock of the Captain Rex and Turbo Tank lego sets, at $77. A few other stores are still showing $30 and under for them. Unfortunately, one of those stores is the one that BS always seems to fail me on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I found a copy of Stardew Valley for $10 on PS4 at my local Wal-Mart in the Brighton, CO area.
Not sure if it is a good deal, but my sister in law played too many hours on the PC, blocking my brother from steam rofl.
Figured I would help him out.

I found a copy of Stardew Valley for $10 on PS4 at my local Wal-Mart in the Brighton, CO area.
Not sure if it is a good deal, but my sister in law played too many hours on the PC, blocking my brother from steam rofl.
Figured I would help him out.
Damn, I've been looking for a deal on SV.

Yarn Yoshis for $4 and the other 2 for $3 each

42de8ae75e42ff671310deb8222e42b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see it in the clearance section, but I was looking at the Nintendo Switch display and noticed that they had the red version of the Power A - Joy-Con Comfort Grip for $9.88. Cheapest I've seen them anywhere.
That's the regular price for it at my local Walmart. I bought one a few weeks ago.

WM had a bunch of 360 and PS3 games marked down to $9.00. Waiting to see what the GS stealth bump looks like before I buy anything. A few were the titles: deadpool, Lego Bateman 3, amazing Spider-Man 2, Lego Force Awakens, TMNT. Nothing special but a few with a base trade of $10.

bread's done
Back