Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
This what I found today :p
Zb4Xyym.jpg
Amazing + epic haul, I must say.

Love all those 50 cent, 75 cent + $1 deal, and $2 deals.

I wish my Walmart understood what Clearance means.

All they do is have stuff out, hide it a few weeks, put it back out at the same or a slightly higher price still yellow tagged. Nothing ever sells.

I wish my Walmart understood what Clearance means.

All they do is have stuff out, hide it a few weeks, put it back out at the same or a slightly higher price still yellow tagged. Nothing ever sells.
You've just perfectly described all three of my Wal-Mart's. So miserable.

That Persona 3DS game for two bucks, I CAN'T EVEN. I'm so jealous!

Great find, especially on Persona Q. Meanwhile, my Walmart marks down games by 50 cents and calls it clearance...

That cheap find reminds me of my best two Wal-Mart clearance finds ever.

Four copies of Fantasy Life at $0.50 each and two copies of Disney Magical World 2 at $0.01 each.

Others included Mega Man Legacy Collection (3DS) at $5.00, Resident Evil 4 (X1), Witcher III (X1), Life Is Strange (PS4) and Stardew Valley (PS4) at $3.00 each.

Woww. These are all amazing! The only thing I've found so far is Nintendogs + Cats 3ds for $5 at the Walmart on Story Rd in San Jose, CA yesterday. If anyone wants it for shits and giggles, there's still another copy there. lol .. Now whenever my girlfriend says she wants a cat, I'm going to hand her my 3ds. 

Woww. These are all amazing! The only thing I've found so far is Nintendogs + Cats 3ds for $5 at the Walmart on Story Rd in San Jose, CA yesterday. If anyone wants it for shits and giggles, there's still another copy there. lol .. Now whenever my girlfriend says she wants a cat, I'm going to hand her my 3ds.
Buy it for me. I'll pay cost+shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy it for me. I'll pay cost+shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a couple of ps3 500gb hard drives for 25 bucks
If I'm not mistaken those are all supposed to be $12 or $6 now... Surprised ur store still has them...I got one at $12 coz I didn't think it would be around until it hit $6 lol

Saw :ps3:
Prince of Persia Trilogy $5
Tomb Raider Trilogy $10
Remember Me $4
DMC with mini artbook $5
Lego Avengers $10
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens with trading disc thing $10
Lego LoTR with Fellowship of the Ring movie $10
NFS Most Wanted with 2 Bonus Packs $5
Soul Calibur V $5
NFS Rivals Complete Edition $8
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $15
Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collectors Edition $25
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 Double Pack $5
Battlefield Hardline $10
Journey Collectors Edition $7
Puppeteer $4
Escape from Dead Island with Dead Island code $4
Sniper Elite v2 GOTY $9
Beyond 2 Souls $5
The Evil Within $5
Skylanders Superchargers Starter Pack $5
Borderlands 2 $3
The Last Of Us $10
Borderlands Triple Pack $10
Borderlands Presequel $5
Darksiders 2 LE $9
TMNT Danger of the Ooze $5
CoD Black Ops Combo Pack $9
Falling Skies $3
Wolf Among Us $9
Bakugan Battle Brawlers $9
Far Cry 4 $10
AC Black Flag $5
Dead Island GOTY $9
Square Enix Ultimate Action Triple Pack $9
Square Enix Ultimate Stealth Triple Pack $9
2k Essentials Collection $9
Tales of Xillia 2 $7
Sacred 3 $5
Dishonored GOTY $5
Sly Collection $8
Aliens Colonial Marines with bonus map $8

:ps4:
Payday 2 Crimewave $5
Payday 2 The Big Score $13
Deus Ex Mankind Divided $13
Trials Fusion $5
Dead Island Definitive Collection $13

:wii:
Sun & Punishment $5
Epic Mickey 2 Power of 2 $3
The Smurfs 2 $10
Just Dance Disney Party 2 $10
Centipede Infestation $5
Lego HP Years 5-7 $9

:wiiu:
Rodea The Sly Soldier $5
Runbow Deluxe Edition $9
DI 3.0 Starter Pack $10

:3ds:
Paddington Adventures $4

:ds:
CoD Black Ops $5

:360:
Walking Dead S2 $8
Terraria $9
Falling Skies $5
Batman Arkham Origins $10
Sniper Elite III $9
MoH Warfighter $8
Rabbids Invsasion $10
Borderlands 2 $8
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z $8
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist $8
Lost Planet 3 $8
Gears of War Judgement $10
Borderlands Triple Pack $15

If I'm not mistaken those are all supposed to be $12 or $6 now... Surprised ur store still has them...I got one at $12 coz I didn't think it would be around until it hit $6 lol

Saw :ps3:
Prince of Persia Trilogy $5
Tomb Raider Trilogy $10
Remember Me $4
DMC with mini artbook $5
Lego Avengers $10
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens with trading disc thing $10
Lego LoTR with Fellowship of the Ring movie $10
NFS Most Wanted with 2 Bonus Packs $5
Soul Calibur V $5
NFS Rivals Complete Edition $8
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $15
Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collectors Edition $25
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 Double Pack $5
Battlefield Hardline $10
Journey Collectors Edition $7
Puppeteer $4
Escape from Dead Island with Dead Island code $4
Sniper Elite v2 GOTY $9
Beyond 2 Souls $5
The Evil Within $5
Skylanders Superchargers Starter Pack $5
Borderlands 2 $3
The Last Of Us $10
Borderlands Triple Pack $10
Borderlands Presequel $5
Darksiders 2 LE $9
TMNT Danger of the Ooze $5
CoD Black Ops Combo Pack $9
Falling Skies $3
Wolf Among Us $9
Bakugan Battle Brawlers $9
Far Cry 4 $10

:ps4:
Payday 2 Crimewave $5
Payday 2 The Big Score $13
Deus Ex Mankind Divided $13
Trials Fusion $5

:wii:
Sun & Punishment $5
Epic Mickey 2 Power of 2 $3
The Smurfs 2 $10
Just Dance Disney Party 2 $10
Centipede Infestation $5
Lego HP Years 5-7 $9

:wiiu:
Rodea The Sly Soldier $5
Runbow Deluxe Edition $9
DI 3.0 Starter Pack $10

:3ds:
Paddington Adventures $4

:ds:
CoD Black Ops $5

:360:
Walking Dead S2 $8
Terraria $9
Falling Skies $5
Batman Arkham Origins $10
Sniper Elite III $9
MoH Warfighter $8
Rabbids Invsasion $10
Borderlands 2 $8
Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z $8
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Blacklist $8
Lost Planet 3 $8
Gears of War Judgement $10
Borderlands Triple Pack $15
You posted all that and didn't post anything for :xb1: ??? GTFO :)

You posted all that and didn't post anything for :xb1: ??? GTFO :)
Didn't see any any :xb1: games with clearence stickers on them lol.
They had a bunch of :psp: games too I didn't get pics of so can't make a list lol

Forgot about :3ds:
Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins - Nintendo Select cover $10 / original cover $15...yea these 2 didn't have their upcs merged yet. They still scan as separate games.
Yoshi's New Island $10 Nintendo Select Cover / $15 original cover
Mario & Luigi Dream Team $13 Nintendo Select cover
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker $13

I wish my stores would reach $1/$2 for a lot of games like above!

The only $1 game I saw was the :wii: Black Eyed Peas Experience lol

Saw a couple of ps3 500gb hard drives for 25 bucks
I got a couple for $12 each a while back when I found them on clearance. Project Sustain brand (officially licensed product). Receipt says 11/19/16 is when I purchased them.

I saw most of those games at my Walmart, but they were only $5 off MSRP. So $15 at the lowest, with other games at $25 and $35. Seriously wish my store's manager and employees approved better clearance...

Picked up 29 Animal Crossing Series 1 amiibo card packs today for $1 each on clearance. Several stores around me had them for that price according to Brickseek, but this was the only store that still had them in stock.

Picked up 29 Animal Crossing Series 1 amiibo card packs today for $1 each on clearance. Several stores around me had them for that price according to Brickseek, but this was the only store that still had them in stock.
What's the Sku? Been looking for clearance of those. Want to finish my collection.

Didn't see any any :xb1: games with clearence stickers on them lol.
They had a bunch of :psp: games too I didn't get pics of so can't make a list lol

Forgot about :3ds:
Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins - Nintendo Select cover $10 / original cover $15...yea these 2 didn't have their upcs merged yet. They still scan as separate games.
Yoshi's New Island $10 Nintendo Select Cover / $15 original cover
Mario & Luigi Dream Team $13 Nintendo Select cover
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker $13

I wish my stores would reach $1/$2 for a lot of games like above!

The only $1 game I saw was the :wii: Black Eyed Peas Experience lol
depending on what vita games they have, i would be willing to work out something with ya. Let me know if you go back and what they were

I found a bunch of regular and collectors guides on clearance in the $8-$15. Witcher 3, GTA V, Pokemon S/M, Diablo 3, StarCraft 2, Twilight Princess HD, Triforce Heroes, Rise of Tomv Raider, and more. I got Xenoblade Chronicles X CE for $8.

depending on what vita games they have, i would be willing to work out something with ya. Let me know if you go back and what they were
oh i said :psp: not :vita: actually... for :vita: there was only 3 games

Lumines Electronic Symphony

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Little Deviants

at unremarkable prices here, maybe other stores have better prices on those 3

Saw a few new clearance games in the bin this AM.  Not sure if these are new deals or just new to me (they weren't there a week ago):

XBox One:

Carmageddon: Max Damage - $9.00

Prison Architect - $9.00

Worms WMD - $9.00

There's a couple I noticed in the Walmart app:

:wiiu: Runbow Deluxe $9

:ps4: God Eater 2 $19.93

Tried to purchase the Day 1 God Eater 2 but it was ringing up at $29.84 instead.  Threw a pass on it and will buy a copy at TRU instead ($15.99 with the 20% today)

There's a couple I noticed in the Walmart app:

:wiiu: Runbow Deluxe $9

:ps4: God Eater 2 $19.93

Tried to purchase the Day 1 God Eater 2 but it was ringing up at $29.84 instead. Threw a pass on it and will buy a copy at TRU instead ($15.99 with the 20% today)
I didnt play God eater at all how is this game?

more GE branded $1 hdmi cables at my store, sku 37333054. these are more premium looking than the first ones I posted.

however, there was one deal that stole the show today: they FINALLY put out the legendary $9 128GB micro SD :D/ :D/

just curious as to where Walmart usually keeps clearence games as I never see any at mine. Are they kept on the shelf? moved to a bin? near the video games? Any help is greatly appreciated

just curious as to where Walmart usually keeps clearence games as I never see any at mine. Are they kept on the shelf? moved to a bin? near the video games? Any help is greatly appreciated
Yours may not have any clearance games. When I do find them, they in the video game case. Or the rare occasion they put a box of clearance stuff by the electronics register on some fold out tables garage sale style. Good luck!

It's random depending on the store. Your best bet is to ask a department manager about where clearance games are.

Of the various Walmart's that I hit once every road-trip to visit friends and family, the video game clearances are in a different place in some stores.

Guide to finding clearance games in any USA Walmart:

*Check the back wall, and back ends of every isle in the electronics department. This is the most common area to check first. Some stores split up the various clearances by each sub area in electronics, some group it all together.

*Clearance box/lock-shelf, some stores put used games in with clearance games, check all the bins around. One store put a locked shelf near the trading cards near the checkout lanes, so check all around. (rarely the odd loose clearance games is just left around the checkout area, probably from some kid that was told they could not buy that game, and is not put back, but instead placed with a DVD or other stuff.)

*General clearance, some stores don't place electronics in the general clearance, but some do. This area is causally near the seasonal or gardening area of the store, usually near the front corner. (sometimes it is a case by case thing like the big "toys to life" games could be there but nothing small, other stores dump all the games on a shelf in the general clearance area.)

*Bucket/Table in a completely unrelated section or isle.

*ASK/scan to price check everything you think is odd or you have heard is reduced in price. Some stores still have 10 year old shovelware stuff that never gets a sticker/adjusted. Remember it is your right as a customer to ask for price-checks. (this takes a bit of patience & practice.)

EDIT:

Tips for locating "a good" Walmart to find lots of video game clearance on your road trips.

-Most Walmart that are in the suburbs and countryside are generally good. Avoid the Walmart stores in any major city areas, unless they are easy for you to get there. (plus the parking issues) As with the greater populations of those areas pick the clearances clean. (in my experience New York area especially)

-But stay away from rich areas, they seem to clearance things less often, or by smaller amounts.

-Inversely, the poor suburbs tend to have great clearance in the stores, but they sell out of their clearance faster, and sometimes have little to no clearance shelf life.

-Walmart stores near vacation destinations during the summer are to avoided, but in the winter and spring have some of the best clearance around. (During the summer months if you are willing to travel to shop a little further, try driving to the next closest Walmart away from the vacation areas, they can sometimes have more normal or better clearance stock)

It's random depending on the store. Your best bet is to ask a department manager about where clearance games are.
This is really good advice^. Just remember there are sometimes more then one area for clearance games.

That TV is showing $99 for me around here but its all OOS

I saw at my local walmart:

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure PS3 $5

Skylanders Giants Portal Owner's Pack 3DS $5

Skylanders Swapforce Wii U $10

Skylanders Trapteam Bundle Wii $49

A lone Lightcore Giant's Jet Vac $1 (Was ringing up as lightcore Shroomboom)

In Toys:

Transformers Titans Return Titan Masters Assortment $4

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Legacy Morpher $45

Star Wars Black Series 40th Aniversary Legacy Pack w/ Darth Vader and Diorama $30

DC Multiverse 6'' Figures $15

It was weird, the first time I went to a particular Walmart in weeks to specifically scope out their clearance rack and they started tossing stuff in a cart to "donate". Mostly crappy phone accessories.

bread's done
Back