Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can, get the Walmart app. I scan or search in the app for everything myself now.

A decent amount of summer stuff is on clearance here including boating towables, tow ropes, floats, some pool stuff, grills etc. I can post some upcs if there is any interest. Also, a biometric pistol safe is down to 35 from 70, originally 140 and almost all desktop pcs.
Possible to get the sku for the pistol safe?

LEGO® Dimensions $1

Back to the Future  Doc Brown Fun Pack

Bart  Fun Pack

Slimer Fun Pack

Dr Who Cyberman Fun Pack

Bad Cop Toy Figure Fun Pack

Others that I can't remember

$2

Scooby Doo Team Pack

Others

$10

Back to the Future Level Pack

All Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Figures $1

Disney Art Academy 3DS $15

Monster Hunter Generations Nintendo 3DS $15

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Xbox One $10

Need For Speed Xbox One $10

Assorted Lego Friends were half price

LEGO Friends Heartlake Sports Center 41312  $19

LEGO LEGO Friends Amusement Park Hot Dog Van 41129  $15

I saw several Razer wildcat controllers for $65 today. Any chance they'll drop in price eventually? It's been that price for a while.

Possible to get the sku for the pistol safe?
I've since checked reviews for it and they are terrible at several stores due to biometric locks not opening or opening for fingers not registered with the device (like kids), etc. It's the QAS-1512-b and may have been a black friday model at least at Academy Sports and Amazon. The QAS-1545-b is $50 (was 102) on the website and in stock there with no local stock at all. The QAS-1200-b is $69 (was 130) locally and has better reviews on walmart.com at least. Unfortunately, the app doesn't list skus and I don't have time to find them as I've got to get up for work in a few hours. I'll try to find them tomorrow.

I saw several Razer wildcat controllers for $65 today. Any chance they'll drop in price eventually? It's been that price for a while.
Same here. Seems like some stores get stuck in some sort of clearance price purgatory or something. A few stores had the Armed Forces Xbone controller go all the way down to $15 or whatever while many others are still full price. The Razer is stuck at $65 and the a few other things here have just gotten the first drop while people here get them really cheap. I just scan them whenever I think about it when I walk by to check.

I've since checked reviews for it and they are terrible at several stores due to biometric locks not opening or opening for fingers not registered with the device (like kids), etc. It's the QAS-1512-b and may have been a black friday model at least at Academy Sports and Amazon. The QAS-1545-b is $50 (was 102) on the website and in stock there with no local stock at all. The QAS-1200-b is $69 (was 130) locally and has better reviews on walmart.com at least. Unfortunately, the app doesn't list skus and I don't have time to find them as I've got to get up for work in a few hours. I'll try to find them tomorrow.

Same here. Seems like some stores get stuck in some sort of clearance price purgatory or something. A few stores had the Armed Forces Xbone controller go all the way down to $15 or whatever while many others are still full price. The Razer is stuck at $65 and the a few other things here have just gotten the first drop while people here get them really cheap. I just scan them whenever I think about it when I walk by to check.
I ended up buying 9 of the $15 army controllers, was a good day

my walmart put a buttload of games on clearance for $5

Xbox 1

Stern Pinball Arcade

Cartoon Network Battle Crashers

XCOM 2

Resident Evil Origins Collection

One Piece Burning Blood

Dead Rising

Dead Rising 2

King's Quest The Complete Edition

Mark McMorris Infinite Air

COD:AW

Recore

Assassins Creed Chronicles

Minecraft Story Mode

Just Dance Disney 2

NBA Live 16

Madden 16

Fifa 16

PS4

Madden 16

Until Dawn

NHL16

THPS5

Deus Ex Mankind Devided Day One Edition

Werewolves Within

Battleborn

Xbox 1

Stern Pinball Arcade

XCOM 2

Resident Evil Origins Collection

One Piece Burning Blood

Dead Rising

Dead Rising 2

Recore

Assassins Creed Chronicles

Minecraft Story Mode

Just Dance Disney 2

NBA Live 16

Madden 16

Fifa 16

PS4

Madden 16

Until Dawn

NHL16

THPS5

Werewolves Within

Battleborn

47376063 is the sku for the $15 controllers. Been waiting for these to go down at my local stores for months but no luck so far.
one of my local stores had 40+ of them on hand at regular price for 6 months or longer. I just checked BS and now they have zero, but still at full price. I doubt they sold through that many at $60 a pop. I wonder if they shipped them out to a different store, or somebody was buying them and return/rebuying at a discounted store...?

Got around to Opening that 4 pack. Same as everyone had stickers around the inside of the disc. No scratches so that was good. But one game separate if it was in perfect shape.

So if I remember correctly. I can buy from a msrp store and return/ rebuy at a clearance store and just tell them I wanted to change my method of payment to purchase at the lower price? Even if it would be out of stock?

I'm asking because I tried to return something else on clearance to a different store and it didn't show up at all in the POS so they told me I had to return it to the first store. Stupid too because I still had the clearance price on it so it's not like I was trying to scam for more money back.

So if I remember correctly. I can buy from a msrp store and return/ rebuy at a clearance store and just tell them I wanted to change my method of payment to purchase at the lower price? Even if it would be out of stock?

I'm asking because I tried to return something else on clearance to a different store and it didn't show up at all in the POS so they told me I had to return it to the first store. Stupid too because I still had the clearance price on it so it's not like I was trying to scam for more money back.
It's YMMV as the other store can always say no, especially if it's a big discount. To avoid going to a store that the item is no longer in the POS, I think if the price still pops up on brickseek it should still be in their POS

Xbox 1

Stern Pinball Arcade

XCOM 2 http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=52736999

(lowest nearby $15)

Resident Evil Origins Collection http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=48981778

($19.93)

One Piece Burning Blood

Dead Rising

Dead Rising 2

Recore

Assassins Creed Chronicles http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=48931680

($15)

Minecraft Story Mode

Just Dance Disney 2

NBA Live 16 http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=46137670

($15)

Madden 16

Fifa 16

PS4

Madden 16

Until Dawn http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45463506

($15)

(a Danvers, MA store has it priced $1, OOS)

NHL16

THPS5

Werewolves Within

Battleborn

It's YMMV as the other store can always say no, especially if it's a big discount. To avoid going to a store that the item is no longer in the POS, I think if the price still pops up on brickseek it should still be in their POS
Ok thanks. I was thinking of the rebuy for the razor controller but it's a 50% markdown to $64 from msrp. Thanks for the tip about the brickseek POS. But what if they have it at msrp? Will they still refund me the clearance price that I paid for it at the other store? I guess I'll just try and report back for future reference.

Not on clearance, but I guarantee those Maskimals things they have right now will be massively resellable come October

[attachment=27623:Star_Wars_Sphero_BB81.jpg]

This is not game related but I was able to grab a Star Wars Sphero BB-8 (the left one) for $30. This seems to go for $80-120 online. Everything looks new and I was able to test it and runs great. You will need a wall charger as it only comes with a usb cable and charging dock. Check brickseek as it was just put on clearance at my store yesterday. 

Just to clarify,  if I order online for $130, when I pick it up (from a store that has it for $30) it will get auto adjusted to the store price at pickup?  I don't want to miss out on one of the BB8s, only one store in the area has them.

A bunch of toys dropped multiple times over the last few days it seems.  Got some $30 cars playsets for $6, even though sticker dated 1 day earlier is higher.

Just to clarify, if I order online for $130, when I pick it up (from a store that has it for $30) it will get auto adjusted to the store price at pickup? I don't want to miss out on one of the BB8s, only one store in the area has them.
Only if that store has a "pickup today" option. If it's ship to store, no adjustment. And you will still pay tax on the pre-adjusted total. There might be some employee action required when they pick it to OK it, but it worked for me automatically the one time I tried it.

I bought one the other day off the shelf at $64 at the only store in my region that had it, and the inventory went to -1. But now it's back to 0, limited stock, but I was just there yesterday and pretty sure they don't have any more.

Only if that store has a "pickup today" option. If it's ship to store, no adjustment. And you will still pay tax on the pre-adjusted total. There might be some employee action required when they pick it to OK it, but it's worked for me automatically the one time I tried it.
Ok, cool. I have two set for pickup today. If it doesn't work out, I'll just return and try to rebuy. Thanks!

Star_Wars_Sphero_BB81.jpg
This is not game related but I was able to grab a Star Wars Sphero BB-8 (the left one) for $30. This seems to go for $80-120 online. Everything looks new and I was able to test it and runs great. You will need a wall charger as it only comes with a usb cable and charging dock. Check brickseek as it was just put on clearance at my store yesterday.
Thanks man, I found 2, bought 1, marked at 64 in the toy section but it rang up as 30.

Thank you!!! The kids really wanted them, so we decided to take the 1 1/2 hour round trip to the closest Walmart in stock. Brickseek was on point. 5 on the shelf, sticker said $64 and it rung up at $30. Bought one for each kid. Thanks again!!!

For the PA CAGs, St. Clair has 3 left.

Got my two, and as stated, the price adjusted at pickup, aside from the tax.  Since it's a $12 difference, I'm going to do online chat and see about getting that refunded as well.  Legally, they can't withhold tax on a $260 purchase that was adjusted down to $60.

I'll update in a bit with the results.

Got my two, and as stated, the price adjusted at pickup, aside from the tax. Since it's a $12 difference, I'm going to do online chat and see about getting that refunded as well. Legally, they can't withhold tax on a $260 purchase that was adjusted down to $60.

I'll update in a bit with the results.
I am curious what they will do. They might do it as a courtesy, but I think legally they are allowed to collect it, just as costco charges tax on the pre-coupon price, they probably are treating the price adjustment as some type of rebate/coupon. I smell class action in a few years.

Possibly.  Just got done with chat and they said the best course of action is to go back to the store and have customer service return/rebuy them to fix the issue.  It should be pretty obvious what the problem is, since $15.60 tax is not 6% of $60.

Either way, it's pretty illegal the way they're handling this.  Definitely setting themselves up for a lawsuit.

Possibly. Just got done with chat and they said the best course of action is to go back to the store and have customer service return/rebuy them to fix the issue. It should be pretty obvious what the problem is, since $15.60 tax is not 6% of $60.

Either way, it's pretty illegal the way they're handling this. Definitely setting themselves up for a lawsuit.
They already got sued over tax and returns in Ohio because they were refunding at the local store's tax rate and not the original purchase tax rate.

Possibly. Just got done with chat and they said the best course of action is to go back to the store and have customer service return/rebuy them to fix the issue. It should be pretty obvious what the problem is, since $15.60 tax is not 6% of $60.

Either way, it's pretty illegal the way they're handling this. Definitely setting themselves up for a lawsuit.
Either way i'm jealous... no store near me has any left ._.

Either way i'm jealous... no store near me has any left ._.
fuck you, geo.

That said, the store still showing 1 left as of a few minutes ago. I'm heading up there after work to get this tax thing taken care of. If it's still there, I'll grab it for you. But be prepared to work for it, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Walmart is usually bad with sales tax. They also charge tax on the pre coupon price when using a manufacturers coupon even though in PA it is supposed to be tax on the after coupon price (I had a coupon for a free pack of batteries and they charged tax on the full price). I wrote a letter to corporate about the issue and they never responded. Other stores like Target, Best Buy and Costco (for manufacturers instant rebates, not coupons) all charge tax correctly.

attachicon.gif

thanks for this, the associated force band is also being clearanced, i found it for $40

SKU: 54446640

fuck you, geo.

That said, the store still showing 1 left as of a few minutes ago. I'm heading up there after work to get this tax thing taken care of. If it's still there, I'll grab it for you. But be prepared to work for it, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Someone bought the last one right before I got there. On the flip side, I did a return/rebuy and got the tax difference back with no issues. She gave it to me in cash too.

There's a bunch of grills on clearance, if you're into that sort of thing (who isn't). I found the easiest way to search clearance grills is to type in "gas grill" into the app, and search by individual store. 

Last week I found Wind Waker HD for $10 but someone stole the disc =(

But I got Puzzle and Dragons 3DS for $10 and Mario Galaxy for $9 so that's cool 

Last week I found Wind Waker HD for $10 but someone stole the disc =(

But I got Puzzle and Dragons 3DS for $10 and Mario Galaxy for $9 so that's cool
Wind Waker at that price would have been great. Half the normal price. Wish I could find Twilight Princess HD somewhere for less than $30.

bread's done
Back