Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a EVGA GTX1080 FTW for $400. Really tempting, but didn't want to splurge.
Hot damn. I would have totally bought that. Granted the nVidia volta 70 series graphics card will be almost guaranteed to beat it, at around the same price, but that could be (and likely is) another 4+ months off.

Also I'm guessing this was in a relatively nice area, and not the ghetto? I never even see the higher tier 4k TV's at any of my stores.

My Wal Mart  has

tenor.gif

[attachment=27655:IMG_72.jpg]

[attachment=27648:IMG_71.jpg]

[attachment=27649:IMG_73.jpg]

[attachment=27650:IMG_74.jpg]

[attachment=27651:IMG_75.jpg]

[attachment=27652:IMG_76.jpg]

[attachment=27654:IMG_78.jpg]

Pimpbot, what location had all those games for half price? No luck on Brickseek... they're all still full price near me. Really want that Yooka Laylee (since I missed out on Best Buy DOTD), and maybe a few other titles.

the Wal-Mart in Weaverville, NC has a $10 end cap full of mostly PS4 titles.

I picked up the following:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions (!) pretty sure it was the only one they had, though.

Stardew Valley PS4

Infinifactory PS4

DOA 5 PS4

I forgot to snap a picture, but some other titles I remember seeing were:

Rime (a bunch of these)

Dragon Quest Heroes

Dead Rising 2

Mighty No 9 (not really a deal on that one, though)

my friend told me they had a $2 bin of last gen stuff a few days ago, but it was already gone

the Wal-Mart in Weaverville, NC has a $10 end cap full of mostly PS4 titles.

I picked up the following:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions (!) pretty sure it was the only one they had, though.
Stardew Valley PS4
Infinifactory PS4
DOA 5 PS4

I forgot to snap a picture, but some other titles I remember seeing were:
Rime (a bunch of these)
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dead Rising 2
Mighty No 9 (not really a deal on that one, though)

my friend told me they had a $2 bin of last gen stuff a few days ago, but it was already gone
Of course it would be y'all up in the mountains getting the good stuff. Raleigh/Cary/Durham all have garbage for clearance.

My local store has been clearancing out Disney Infinity stuff for a while, they somehow had a single Judy Hopps figure, sealed and in mint shape, for $3. No luck on finding a Nick Wilde, but they had several Aladdins and Nemos.

Brickseek says Nick Wilde is "limited stock", but the counter shows zero, so I guess I'm SOL.

Yes, I bought Judy. Don't fuckin' judge me.

I've been waiting for the rest of the DIsney Infinity figures to drop at my local stores, they've been staying at $3 and $6.

I grabbed a bunch a few months ago when they were at $1. I got kinda lucky I walked by as the employee was marking them on the shelf.

Of course it would be y'all up in the mountains getting the good stuff. Raleigh/Cary/Durham all have garbage for clearance.
I've found that their in stock counts are shit. I've been there a few times for items that the app (and Brickseek) states are in stock only to find the items can't be found. Best part is that their numbers matched up with what I found in app or on Brickseek and they just said their quantity count was just off. Does seem like a good store for hidden gems. Just a little too far for me to go over the mountain without knowing before I get there.

My local store has been clearancing out Disney Infinity stuff for a while, they somehow had a single Judy Hopps figure, sealed and in mint shape, for $3. No luck on finding a Nick Wilde, but they had several Aladdins and Nemos.

Brickseek says Nick Wilde is "limited stock", but the counter shows zero, so I guess I'm SOL.

Yes, I bought Judy. Don't fuckin' judge me.
I liked the movie so I don't blame you.

I can't find a UPC for Rime on Brickseek. Does anyone have it? Or would anyone want to grab me a copy of Rime? I can grab an equal price game here or PayPal ya.

I can't find a UPC for Rime on Brickseek. Does anyone have it? Or would anyone want to grab me a copy of Rime? I can grab an equal price game here or PayPal ya.
I'm assuming you mean the PS4 version? It's the one I had trouble finding; 812303010941

It's currently $19.99 (new) at Gamestop if that's cheaper.

Local Walmart (Clovis/Herndon, Clovis CA) had these in stock:

:ps4: XCom 2 $20

:ps4: Rime $20

:ps4: Portal Knights $20

:ps4: Torment: Tides of Numenera $20

:ps4: Wipeout Omega Collection $30

:ps3: DMC $5

My Walmart is getting an entire store remodel, so im guessing they are marking stuff down. This until recently was one of those WalMarts that NEVER marked things down like we all have. 

Some marked, some not marked, so here's what I saw recently.

XCom 2 (PS4/XB1) $10

Sniper Elite 4 (PS4) $10

Prison Architect (XB1) $5

Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (PS4/XB1) $10

I'm sure im missing a few (Plenty of other stuff marked down, but nothing noteworthy I saw) but with a day off tomorrow, I might just go looking and do some Brickseek checking while I'm there.

My Walmart is getting an entire store remodel, so im guessing they are marking stuff down. This until recently was one of those WalMarts that NEVER marked things down like we all have.

Some marked, some not marked, so here's what I saw recently.

XCom 2 (PS4/XB1) $10
Sniper Elite 4 (PS4) $10
Prison Architect (XB1) $5
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition (PS4/XB1) $10

I'm sure im missing a few (Plenty of other stuff marked down, but nothing noteworthy I saw) but with a day off tomorrow, I might just go looking and do some Brickseek checking while I'm there.
Anyway I could get the SKU for Sniper Elite 4? Id appreciate it!

Not sure if clearance but the Walmart around me had Knack for $15. Not the best deal but haven't seen this game in the wild or on any retailers websites (except for 3rd party sellers) for a long time.

Some of us liked knack. Maybe not for 60 bucks, but certainly 15.
My wife bought me a PS4 Pro for Christmas last year, so I started clearance game hunting not long after to build up library quickly on the cheap. The first Walmart I walked into in Valencia, CA was stock full of clearance goodness, including Knack for PS4 for $6 and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag for PS4 for $4. Haven't seen anything remotely that good since then, however.

Saw Halo Wars 2 Collector's Edition Guide marked down for $2.50... No idea what the sku is coz its not 55391224 like Brickseek says since no stores in my area comes up as a result

If there are any fans of the Marvel Legends and Build-A-Figure series, my store had their entire stock marked down to $4.50 each. Found 3 figures in the Doctor Strange set in the clearance aisle and then I walked over to where they used to be displayed in the toy section and found another figure in the set. It rang up for $4.50 too even though it didn't have any clearance stickers on it. So I got four figures and 4/8 pieces needed to build Dormammu for $18+tax.

Got lucky last weekend, as the Pittsburg, KS store had three copies of Rory Mcilroy PGA XB1 for $15, and with the bump last weekend combined with the 70% trade-in boost, it was quite a nice little flip. Same store also had four copies of NBA 2K17 for PS3 for $9 a pop when my brother was there, but by the time I got there two days later, they were down to 1.

I basically give up on my local Walmart having anything worth getting, when $0.44 off the regular price is their idea of clearance.

[attachment=27919:IMG_2996.JPG]

[attachment=27920:IMG_2997.JPG]

Location near me (Lynnwood, WA) was marking stuff down as i came in. Didnt stay around the whole time since the guy went on lunch half way through but ended up with a handful of games and a few pictures to share. Empty spot on xbox picture was a MGS5 phantom pain that i picked up the last of. Im going back again in the morning to check for more.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:27989]
Xbox One:
$3:
Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition

$5:
Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations
Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain
Warhammer The End Times: Xermintide
The Evil Within
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition

$10:
Kings Quest Complete Collection
Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers
Rime
F1 2016
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
Xcom 2 sitting on the bottom shelf. 

$20:
Ghostbusters
Mass Effect Andromeda
MXGP2 Day One Edition

$25: 
Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe Edition

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:27988]
PlayStation 3: 
$35:
Persona 5

PlayStation 4:
$5:
The Order 1887
Battleborn

$10:
Atari Flashback Classics Vol 2
(PS VR) Werewolves Within
Mark McMorris Infinite Air

$15:
The Walking Dead Telltale Series: A New Frontier
Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale Series
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Kings Quest Complete Collection
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition

$17: 
Professional Farmer

$20:
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
F1 2016 Limited Edition
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5
Yooka-Laylee
Dragon Age Inquistion: Game of the Year edition 
Styx: Shards of Darkness
Troll and I

$30:
Technomancer
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X VR
World of Final Fantasy
Eagle Flight VR

$40:
Farpoint VR

Location near me was marking stuff down as a came in. Didnt stay around the whole time since the guy went on lunch half way through but ended up with a handful of games and a few pictures to share. Ill try to clean up whats here vs price later tonight. Empty spot on xbox picture was a MGS5 phantom pain that i picked up the last of.
There are some great deals there! Wish I was at this store.

Wal-Mart has become such a skinflinty bastard about price matching that it won't even price match its own damn web site. I tried to get them to sell me a copy of Codename STEAM for the 3DS for the price listed on the Wal-Mart web site (about $4.50) and it was a never-ending series of buck-passing, denials, accusations, and clinging to technicalities.

"I don't handle that, ask him. I don't know if I can do that, I need to get a manager. Oh, are you sure this is the Wal-Mart site? Oh, it is. Well, it doesn't say that it's sold and shipped by Wal-Mart, does it? Oh, it does. Well, there's six dollars shipping on this unless you buy forty dollars' worth of items." Look mofo, the game is right there in the case, not more than two aisles away from you. Beyond that, I've got forty dollars of groceries right here in front of me! Take your tight-assed ass over to the case, take the game out, and sell it to me for the price listed on the site!

(NARRATOR: They wouldn't.)

Damn, you'd think I was holding their first-born hostage from the way they were acting. Can I get Amazon to price match this, because I sure as hell don't want to put more money in Squalid-Mart's pockets.

Discovered a local Wal-Mart (Ashlan/Blackstone, Fresno CA) with the following on clearance:

Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4) $20
Dragon Quest Builders (PS4) $20
Dying Light The Following (PS4) $20

bread's done
Back