Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
They seriously have some of the stupidest policies I've seen. They don't match their site and they don't match their own stores. The reasoning I get is that Walmart is not their competitor. Well it is if I choose to shop their instead...

Can you order it online for in store pickup at that particular store?  Should be able to get it at that online $4.50 price that way...

There's a free pick up option on the site, but the game won't arrive at the store until Wednesday. Despite the fact that they had at least five copies in the store already. (Oh lord, my head hurts from the stupid.)

Never seen these kinda clearance sales. I have seen a bunch of special edition halo reachs at full launch price recently. And GTA PS2 three packs forever

Scored a copy of :pS4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Day One Edition) for $6 at the Panorama City, CA location. They have two copies left in case anyone in that area is interested.

Wal-Mart has become such a skinflinty bastard about price matching that it won't even price match its own damn web site. I tried to get them to sell me a copy of Codename STEAM for the 3DS for the price listed on the Wal-Mart web site (about $4.50) and it was a never-ending series of buck-passing, denials, accusations, and clinging to technicalities.

"I don't handle that, ask him. I don't know if I can do that, I need to get a manager. Oh, are you sure this is the Wal-Mart site? Oh, it is. Well, it doesn't say that it's sold and shipped by Wal-Mart, does it? Oh, it does. Well, there's six dollars shipping on this unless you buy forty dollars' worth of items." Look mofo, the game is right there in the case, not more than two aisles away from you. Beyond that, I've got forty dollars of groceries right here in front of me! Take your tight-assed ass over to the case, take the game out, and sell it to me for the price listed on the site!

(NARRATOR: They wouldn't.)

Damn, you'd think I was holding their first-born hostage from the way they were acting. Can I get Amazon to price match this, because I sure as hell don't want to put more money in Squalid-Mart's pockets.
This type of horseshit is why I have no problem with the thousands of dollars I made them lose over the past few years.

Wal-Mart has become such a skinflinty bastard about price matching that it won't even price match its own damn web site. I tried to get them to sell me a copy of Codename STEAM for the 3DS for the price listed on the Wal-Mart web site (about $4.50) and it was a never-ending series of buck-passing, denials, accusations, and clinging to technicalities.

"I don't handle that, ask him. I don't know if I can do that, I need to get a manager. Oh, are you sure this is the Wal-Mart site? Oh, it is. Well, it doesn't say that it's sold and shipped by Wal-Mart, does it? Oh, it does. Well, there's six dollars shipping on this unless you buy forty dollars' worth of items." Look mofo, the game is right there in the case, not more than two aisles away from you. Beyond that, I've got forty dollars of groceries right here in front of me! Take your tight-assed ass over to the case, take the game out, and sell it to me for the price listed on the site!

(NARRATOR: They wouldn't.)

Damn, you'd think I was holding their first-born hostage from the way they were acting. Can I get Amazon to price match this, because I sure as hell don't want to put more money in Squalid-Mart's pockets.
Wal mart is no longer price matching. i saw it on one of their registers when i was checking out.

Wrong. Walmart isn't price matching anyone but their website unless they updated their policy again in the past 2 weeks
Not all of the stores will price match the site. The official policy on the site says not in Alaska, Hawaii, etc. But with all the price match changes, some of the stores say they don't match the site anymore either. Whether official, unofficial, or manager jerks I don't know. But don't think that just because your store does something that Walmart in general is what you say it is.

So price matching is gone completely? The signs at the Walmart over here just say they are not doing Savings Catcher anymore. Savings Catcher is when you scan a receipt, they check other local prices for a cheaper price, then give you credit for the price difference if the item is cheaper elsewhere.

Target will match their website/app. Sad to see Walmart won't. I was even able to get a bigger discount for a kitchen appliance because the manager took ofd the discount % off the already discounted price.

So price matching is gone completely? The signs at the Walmart over here just say they are not doing Savings Catcher anymore. Savings Catcher is when you scan a receipt, they check other local prices for a cheaper price, then give you credit for the price difference if the item is cheaper elsewhere.

Target will match their website/app. Sad to see Walmart won't. I was even able to get a bigger discount for a kitchen appliance because the manager took ofd the discount % off the already discounted price.
I'm not sure if the plan is to eliminate price matching at ALL Walmarts but they are doing some little by little. The ones around me are done price matching all together which doesn't surprise me. I'm sure this system has been abused to a point and I'm sure Walmart feels like they are the cheapest around anyways so they won't lose too much business if any at all.

I know this won't help if your store won't price match. But I'll just share that I price matched gta5 for ps4 for 30 from best buy at my local Walmart probably just got luck tho. This was last week 9/10/17 I think

Weird, my understanding was that they were doing away with pricematching in order to solely rely on Savings Catcher, which of course doesn't match advertised prices in certain departments like electronics. Seems like pming the site went away a while ago and they were signs up at all my local stores that pming other stores ended about a month ago.

I had a problem two weeks ago, where they had an old-ish X360 game, it was not in their system, they looked it up on the website, it was on clearance, then told me they could sell it to me for the non clearance price of $30. then when I declined a 2nd guy came over and said they could not sell it at all. I walked over to the clearance section and pulled two more of the titles out, to show it WAS IN the clearance section, and not a single misplaced game there. The 2nd Guy scanned the other two (like there would be a miracle that the other games might have a different bar code) and said they could not sell it, and that the games should be thrown away! That's when I asked for a manager...

The Manager arrived and looked up the price online and said that they could match the online price of $30.  :bomb:   I started to get upset, but attempted to keep my cool, I asked why they could not offer me the clearance price, listed on the site? 10 whole minutes pass as the manager (probably just a manager from another apartment) radioed various questions. As this was going on I found the last game in the clearance section, pointed out that the game should be ON clearance, and it is from the clearance section, and requested to buy it for the last clearance price... and that's when I spotted it! This final copy actually had a clearance label on the back of the box! $11 (not as much as I was hoping, but better then $30)

So I slightly over paid (for what I thought it was worth) for the dumb game just to save it from the dumpster. Fantasia: Music Evolved

EDIT: Brickseek says:

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 $5 one left

Walmart

5929 Georgia Ave Nw
Washington DC 20011

Some one grab it!

Location near me (Lynnwood, WA) was marking stuff down as i came in. Didnt stay around the whole time since the guy went on lunch half way through but ended up with a handful of games and a few pictures to share. Empty spot on xbox picture was a MGS5 phantom pain that i picked up the last of. Im going back again in the morning to check for more.

Xbox One:
$3:
Sunset Overdrive Day One Edition

$5:
Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations
Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain
Warhammer The End Times: Xermintide
The Evil Within
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition

$10:
Kings Quest Complete Collection
Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers
Rime
F1 2016
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
Xcom 2 sitting on the bottom shelf.

$20:
Ghostbusters
Mass Effect Andromeda
MXGP2 Day One Edition

$25:
Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe Edition

PlayStation 3:
$35:
Persona 5

PlayStation 4:
$5:
The Order 1887
Battleborn

$10:
Atari Flashback Classics Vol 2
(PS VR) Werewolves Within
Mark McMorris Infinite Air

$15:
The Walking Dead Telltale Series: A New Frontier
Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale Series
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Kings Quest Complete Collection
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition

$17:
Professional Farmer

$20:
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
F1 2016 Limited Edition
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5
Yooka-Laylee
Dragon Age Inquistion: Game of the Year edition
Styx: Shards of Darkness
Troll and I

$30:
Technomancer
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X VR
World of Final Fantasy
Eagle Flight VR

$40:
Farpoint VR
eagle flight vr is clearanced a target for 19.99

stumbled upon a lone Armed Forces XB1 controller this morning for $15, figured they would be long gone by now

I had a problem two weeks ago, where they had an old-ish X360 game, it was not in their system, they looked it up on the website, it was on clearance, then told me they could sell it to me for the non clearance price of $30. then when I declined a 2nd guy came over and said they could not sell it at all. I walked over to the clearance section and pulled two more of the titles out, to show it WAS IN the clearance section, and not a single misplaced game there. The 2nd Guy scanned the other two (like there would be a miracle that the other games might have a different bar code) and said they could not sell it, and that the games should be thrown away! That's when I asked for a manager...

The Manager arrived and looked up the price online and said that they could match the online price of $30. :bomb: I started to get upset, but attempted to keep my cool, I asked why they could not offer me the clearance price, listed on the site? 10 whole minutes pass as the manager (probably just a manager from another apartment) radioed various questions. As this was going on I found the last game in the clearance section, pointed out that the game should be ON clearance, and it is from the clearance section, and requested to buy it for the last clearance price... and that's when I spotted it! This final copy actually had a clearance label on the back of the box! $11 (not as much as I was hoping, but better then $30)

So I slightly over paid (for what I thought it was worth) for the dumb game just to save it from the dumpster. Fantasia: Music Evolved

EDIT: Brickseek says:

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 $5 one left

Walmart

5929 Georgia Ave Nw
Washington DC 20011

Some one grab it!
It's like I said, man, Wal-Mart is chock full 'o dicks.

I just get their name and ID and report them if they ever give me shit. Literally anyone can work a brainless job at Walmart, it's a terrible company and they have almost no job security. Not worth it for them to be assholes, especially when I can be an asshole right back and possibly get them fired.

[attachment=28020:Gta_sa1.jpg]

Not really much of a deal but for $10 why not. I understand this is the mobile version ported to PS3 that has better graphics. The game seems to run okay but there is a lag when you switch weapons for some reason (happens only when you begin playing). Shooting camera is not bad but can be annoying at times. The characters look too funny. It only glitched on me when I went to go buy clothes which took a while and it when back to the PS3 menu. Also you can get this on Amazon for $13. I say for $15 or under, it's worth getting just to play and fool around. PS2 version is still the best though as I have 100% on it.

attachicon.gif
Gta_sa1.jpg

Not really much of a deal but for $10 why not. I understand this is the mobile version ported to PS3 that has better graphics. The game seems to run okay but there is a lag when you switch weapons for some reason (happens only when you begin playing). Shooting camera is not bad but can be annoying at times. The characters look too funny. It only glitched on me when I went to go buy clothes which took a while and it when back to the PS3 menu. Also you can get this on Amazon for $13. I say for $15 or under, it's worth getting just to play and fool around. PS2 version is still the best though as I have 100% on it.
Wow, I had no idea this was ported to PS3. Looks like it is only available in GH form. Guess I'll keep an eye out for it.

I wonder how many other under-the-radar releases there are for PS3 that I missed out on at release....

My store showed 5 copies of Minecraft Story Mode Complete for PC for 2 cents but unfortunately they were nowhere to be found on floor/backroom. Rest of the stores that show 2 cents are all 30-40 miles from me so not gonna bother.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=111314626
At that price, they would likely refuse to sell them to you anyway (if they still have them). But then again, find the right employee and they won't care about crap (yay for my $.02 PS2 games!).

My store showed 5 copies of Minecraft Story Mode Complete for PC for 2 cents but unfortunately they were nowhere to be found on floor/backroom. Rest of the stores that show 2 cents are all 30-40 miles from me so not gonna bother.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=111314626
Can confirm. This happened when I found two copies of Disney Magical World 2 at $0.01 each. They ended up selling them to me, though.

If you can, just hit up self checkout. I've gotten some high priced items for $0.02c that way. Other times I just say it's been in the store for years and this is the last markdown, which is true. Been denied half the time so hit or miss.

Says 6 in stock here. I'll try it with self checkout if they are still there

Edit: Found where they were. All gone

Brickseek said local Walmart had 3 copies. Found them in electronics. Price sticker said 19.93. So I took a copy over to price checker in toy department and it said the magic price of $0.02. Took it to self check out and had them remove the security case. Checked out with 3 copies for $0.07 including tax.

Thanks to Bezerker for posting this deal.
1f183f53b929bed0b93362ff03072a59.jpg

First time posting thanks guys grabbed four! As with any deal ever where the price is too cheap. Just go through self checkout and then after you do walk up to the helper associate and ask for them to take the anti theft cases off. I have had zero I repeat zero ask to actually see the receipt its just a minute in their walmart life.

Thanks for the heads up on Minecraft. Discovered a new Walmart that was on top of things for Clearance. Clearly marked and organized shelf for clearance games along with a table that was also surprisingly clean and organized. After I saw that all I could think of is yes this is my clearance store.

First time posting thanks guys grabbed four! As with any deal ever where the price is too cheap. Just go through self checkout and then after you do walk up to the helper associate and ask for them to take the anti theft cases off. I have had zero I repeat zero ask to actually see the receipt its just a minute in their walmart life.
All my walmarts have receipt checkers at the door and both times I got copies they stared at it for a good 15 seconds like that can't be right. Of course had no issues lol and first store knew it was cheap and congratulated me on getting them. Also got enough copies to cover my cousins for Christmas. It's gonna look like I broke the bank for them lol.

Visited my ghetto store because it said Limited Stock for Wipeout Omega. To my surprise they actually had a decent number of games marked down, including the $15 XCom2 for both systems. Picked up Wipeout for $15 and Warhammer Vermintide XB1 for $7. They also had a few different Sony stereo headsets for $50.

All the Walmarts around me have 0 inventory at 2 cents, but 3 or more where the item is still $19.93. I doubt I could get a price match, but what about buying at one store and returning at another, then waiting for it to show up on the shelf again?

All the Walmarts around me have 0 inventory at 2 cents, but 3 or more where the item is still $19.93. I doubt I could get a price match, but what about buying at one store and returning at another, then waiting for it to show up on the shelf again?
This is a bit risky but you can buy it at one store and go to another and ask if you can return but buy it again with a different payment method.

BS said 4 copies at my WM

went in and in the computer game section they were there tagged as full price but scanned as 2 cents... 

thanks for the post

Last I checked on Walmart's Policy page, Price Matching is now determined on a store to store basis. Probably at the discretion of the Store and or District managers.

My store still does price vmatching, and I keep encouraged by the cashiers to use the savings catcher program.

Last I checked on Walmart's Policy page, Price Matching is now determined on a store to store basis. Probably at the discretion of the Store and or District managers.
My store still does price vmatching, and I keep encouraged by the cashiers to use the savings catcher program.
the catch here is most merchandise categories aren't eligible for Saving Catcher, video game software is one of them.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back