Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead Rising 4 $10 at Rocky Mount, NC Walmart. Two left.

ZQkc51q.jpg

Amazing find my friend! Wish my Wal-Marts were that generous xD
i've seen vendors dictate what to do with game inventory to department managers before while shopping, as far as getting rid of inventory taking up their purchased space in the store.

Afterall, every Walmart is technically a glorified flea market, which is why they usually state why they can't price match with one another.

I've been noticing more and more stores drop those Minecrafts the last couple days.  Got lucky this morning at my other local store and found two copies.  

Sadly no Dead Rising 4's dropped by me.

i've seen vendors dictate what to do with game inventory to department managers before while shopping, as far as getting rid of inventory taking up their purchased space in the store.

Afterall, every Walmart is technically a glorified flea market, which is why they usually state why they can't price match with one another.
Must differ wildly by store. I work at WM and the game "vendors" have no say in anything at all outside of something obvious, like one time someone on our team was dumb enough to fill the bottom of a Nintendo case with PS4s. The Nintendo rep flipped when she saw, and rightfully so. They pay Walmart for that space, why would they want a competitors product there.

But as for the merchandise, Walmart has already bought it. A distributor will often times work out deals with retailers to reimburse for sales, but I've never heard of a vendor dictating what can and cannot be put on clearance. Most WM clearance, a vast majority, comes electronically from home office. We just read what is going on clearance, make sure the count is ok, and confirm it. That DR4 though, that's just a department manager maybe getting some direction from a higher up to clear out some game stock, that's a big markdown on a relatively new game. I think it still retails at my store for $40.

For example, we are pretty much barred from our management from making any sort of special clearance on games. A Sony or Nintendo rep can ask as nice as possible, it ain't happening. We're a newer store, when we opened our original electronics manager accidentally ordered like 300 Infinity Toy Story sets instead of 30. It took management like two years before they caved and allowed us to mark it down so that it would actually sell. I've got a copy of Madden 12 that has been sitting in the PlayStation case for like two years. Still have PS3/PS4 dual "upgrade" copies of NBA2k14 I believe. MLB2k13 on PS3. We still have over 100 copies of GTA V on both PS3 and 360 (same manager fucked that order up too) among many other games we will probably never sell because they're never getting marked down.

Most WM clearance should be standard across all stores. The really good deals though are sometimes very YMMV. People get upset all the time that we don't match other stores clearance prices. Like, I understand we're all Walmart, but we each have our own inventory and bottom line. Just because we ordered 300 Toy Story sets and had to mark them down and lose money doesn't mean neighboring stores should, too.

Must differ wildly by store. I work at WM and the game "vendors" have no say in anything at all outside of something obvious, like one time someone on our team was dumb enough to fill the bottom of a Nintendo case with PS4s. The Nintendo rep flipped when she saw, and rightfully so. They pay Walmart for that space, why would they want a competitors product there.

But as for the merchandise, Walmart has already bought it. A distributor will often times work out deals with retailers to reimburse for sales, but I've never heard of a vendor dictating what can and cannot be put on clearance. Most WM clearance, a vast majority, comes electronically from home office. We just read what is going on clearance, make sure the count is ok, and confirm it. That DR4 though, that's just a department manager maybe getting some direction from a higher up to clear out some game stock, that's a big markdown on a relatively new game. I think it still retails at my store for $40.

For example, we are pretty much barred from our management from making any sort of special clearance on games. A Sony or Nintendo rep can ask as nice as possible, it ain't happening. We're a newer store, when we opened our original electronics manager accidentally ordered like 300 Infinity Toy Story sets instead of 30. It took management like two years before they caved and allowed us to mark it down so that it would actually sell. I've got a copy of Madden 12 that has been sitting in the PlayStation case for like two years. Still have PS3/PS4 dual "upgrade" copies of NBA2k14 I believe. MLB2k13 on PS3. We still have over 100 copies of GTA V on both PS3 and 360 (same manager fucked that order up too) among many other games we will probably never sell because they're never getting marked down.

Most WM clearance should be standard across all stores. The really good deals though are sometimes very YMMV. People get upset all the time that we don't match other stores clearance prices. Like, I understand we're all Walmart, but we each have our own inventory and bottom line. Just because we ordered 300 Toy Story sets and had to mark them down and lose money doesn't mean neighboring stores should, too.
Out of curiosity, any idea on the time frame first party Wii U titles will start getting moved into Clearance status (assuming they do)? With the release of Pokken Tournament, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, and the Ninjago Movie game for Switch this week, I noticed the Wii U games got squeezed out of yet another row in the case housing Nintendo console games at the local stores this week.

That DR4 though, that's just a department manager maybe getting some direction from a higher up to clear out some game stock, that's a big markdown on a relatively new game. I think it still retails at my store for $40.
With several Dead Rising games out, could they have marked the wrong game down?

Everything you said makes better sense, thanks for that.

I've been noticing more and more stores drop those Minecrafts the last couple days. Got lucky this morning at my other local store and found two copies.

Sadly no Dead Rising 4's dropped by me.
You are right about that. Two days ago a few stores still had them for $19.93 each. Now every store in my area has them for $0.02.

That is what is so utterly absurd - older games will sit for decades at various Walmarts, possibly lost in backrooms or the bottom/back of cases, still full price or barely discounted. I've heard stories of piles of Earthbounds that sat for many years. It would be nice to be able to track down old, rare, high value copies but the WM store inventory systems particularly when it comes to locations in store make that an even bigger crapshoot than other retailers.

Went to my local store this morning that was showing 4 minecrafts.  Spent about 15 mins or so searching through stacks of unorganized games but managed to find one. Couldn't find the other 3 but i am sure they were hidden somewhere in the store. 

My store is oh so generous and just puts all clearance games at $19.93. Doesn’t really matter the system, just everything. So there is a wall of $19.93 in one section. Garbage.

Went to my local store this morning that was showing 4 minecrafts. Spent about 15 mins or so searching through stacks of unorganized games but managed to find one. Couldn't find the other 3 but i am sure they were hidden somewhere in the store.
"Look for my copy, at first aisle, on the fifth shelf. At opening, look to the Home section." - Gamedalf

That is what is so utterly absurd - older games will sit for decades at various Walmarts, possibly lost in backrooms or the bottom/back of cases, still full price or barely discounted. I've heard stories of piles of Earthbounds that sat for many years. It would be nice to be able to track down old, rare, high value copies but the WM store inventory systems particularly when it comes to locations in store make that an even bigger crapshoot than other retailers.
Back when they were clearancing Wii U accessories, I was gonna pick up one of the two Pro Controllers they had for $12. They were on the pegs the day before, and the following day is when they put out all the Switch stuff for the launch. All those $10 wii motes, $5 nunchucks and, $12 pro controllers were gone, but Brickseek was reporting them all still in stock.

I asked an associate, and she told me the department manager pulled all the product and has it sitting in the back somewhere, and that I would have to come back and ask her the next day. The following day I tracked down the electronics manager and she said she didn't remember where she put those item and just said "Sorry, they'll get put out eventually!"

That was in March. They still have those products in the back.

Back when they were clearancing Wii U accessories, I was gonna pick up one of the two Pro Controllers they had for $12. They were on the pegs the day before, and the following day is when they put out all the Switch stuff for the launch. All those $10 wii motes, $5 nunchucks and, $12 pro controllers were gone, but Brickseek was reporting them all still in stock.

I asked an associate, and she told me the department manager pulled all the product and has it sitting in the back somewhere, and that I would have to come back and ask her the next day. The following day I tracked down the electronics manager and she said she didn't remember where she put those item and just said "Sorry, they'll get put out eventually!"

That was in March. They still have those products in the back.
And that's when you sneak in to the back. A reselling asshole scooped up everything when my area got those drops. if I knew they were back there, consequences be damned, I'd go hunting.

I won't lie...I've thought about getting a red shirt for Target or blue shirt for Best Buy (unofficial but more or less the right color) and walking into the employees only back areas before...should be easy enough to make a custom shirt or acquire one online (real or otherwise).

And that's when you sneak in to the back. A reselling asshole scooped up everything when my area got those drops. if I knew they were back there, consequences be damned, I'd go hunting.
Nah, you just have someone call an assistant store manager or store manager and get them to go find them.

I've done that before with games I wanted that they had in the back, but the employees were too lazy/stupid to go find them.

Had a disappointing experience today. Found an XCOM 2 at a local Wal-Mart, which brickseek listed as $5. Took it to the register though and it rung up at $20. Hopefully someone else finds a $5 copy out there!

I finally went to my Walmart that hardly ever puts anything videogame wise on clearance and found these along with some old sports Vita games for around $10 (which I forgot to that pics of)

[attachment=28179:IMG_6682.JPG]

[attachment=28180:IMG_6683.JPG]

[attachment=28181:IMG_6684.JPG]

[attachment=28182:IMG_6685.JPG]

Edit: sorry for the side post. First time posting pics so not sure what I did wrong.

@doubledam wtf.... like 50 games on clearance for you but the one walmart near me has 0 and the ones in Louisville have 0. :bomb:
Trust me I was shocked to see this because they are usually the absolute worst. They still have tons of games that have not changed prices even once. Must decided that they won't sell no matter how long you wait.

Trust me I was shocked to see this because they are usually the absolute worst. They still have tons of games that have not changed prices even once. Must decided that they won't sell no matter how long you wait.
Please tell me (via PM only) if that's anywhere near Los Angeles...our Walmarts are few and far between and the discounts/clearance at them SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKS

So weird.  A Walmart 20mi away that usually is terrible with clearances decided to be the only store in 50mi to drop Wind Waker HD for Wii U to $10.  Definitely YMMV but maybe some others dropped near you guys.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54315538

So weird. A Walmart 20mi away that usually is terrible with clearances decided to be the only store in 50mi to drop Wind Waker HD for Wii U to $10. Definitely YMMV but maybe some others dropped near you guys.

That SKU is actually for Quest Bar. I take it your talking about the Nintendo Selects if so here is the correct one...

But yeah I had one near me drop it down to $10 as well. Although my Meijers has had like 5 "preowned" copies for $12 for awhile.

I finally had some luck at a couple of out of the way stores.

$5

Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3/X360)

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS3)

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

Runbow (WiiU)

$10

ChibiRobo Zip Lash +Amiibo (3DS) 

Mario Party 10 +Amiibo (WiiU) 

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker +Amiibo (WiiU) 

I finally had some luck at a couple of out of the way stores.

$5

Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3/X360)

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS3)

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

Runbow (WiiU)

$10

ChibiRobo Zip Lash +Amiibo (3DS)

Mario Party 10 +Amiibo (WiiU)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker +Amiibo (WiiU)
Where are you finding the $10 Mario Party? I'm not really into the game that much, but I need a few of the early Mario Party amiibo.

I can't find any clearance price games for less than $15. Everything looks to be at least $30. I remember last year they had a bin filled with $10 games.

Well, I guessed WM since we're in the WM clearance thread. I meant what specific locations. I travel alot for my job, but have all but given up visiting every WM along my path because of the utter disappointment almost every time.

Feels like its even harder finding good clearance deals at Walmart due to the sheer amount of people who shop there daily. The moment I see a game hit $5-$10 on Brickseek its already long gone

Has anyone used the Roku Streaming Stick? Does it work well streaming your channels and does it lose connection?
Roku stick was under powered processor and ram wise for me - choked on amazon prime even though WiFi was 25+ Mbps. For a few dollars more I got an amazon firestick and it worked better, but it was missing my cable provider's TV app. If you do get a roku I'd go one step up from the stick.

Has anyone used the Roku Streaming Stick? Does it work well streaming your channels and does it lose connection?
My dad uses one I gave him out by the pool at his bar. It’s a pretty good distance away from his router. He doesn’t complain about any issues with connectivity and is pretty pleased with the selection of apps and such. If you can find it at a good price, might as well give it a go.

My Walmart has the brand new orange/white 2ds xl marked at $79. Christmas shopping early! My girlfriend was just complaining she didn’t have her own ds to play. I showed her this one when they announced it and she thought it looked cute. Super brownie points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slag, that's a pretty good deal! Hopefully they'll stay that price during Christmas. I've got a New 3DS XL, but just in case it breaks, it'd be nice to have something to fall back on.

My Walmart has the brand new orange/white 2ds xl marked at $79. Christmas shopping early! My girlfriend was just complaining she didn’t have her own ds to play. I showed her this one when they announced it and she thought it looked cute. Super brownie points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SKU?

bread's done
Back