Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude I live in SoCal, it's just a matter of willing to drive a good amount to different walmarts in the county or within a 10-15 mile radius.
I can never find any clearance items though. I checked Persona 5 and some other games or items listed here recently and nothing. I did find some of the Nintendo themed Wiimotes for $10 on Brickseek but I could never duplicate the items in the store so I didn't get them. Some clueless workers that's for sure.

I might have possibly one of the best YMMV deals I've ever had...but I will post tomorrow after I can confirm via picture of the receipt.
RDUvUPe.png

qt08Chr.png

LaL1PwF.jpg

7hyb9JO.jpg

Got both copies. The other one I had to do pick up at store so they would look for it.

I went to a Walmart because Brickseek told me they had Gravity Rush 2 for $15 but didn’t find it, I even asked one of the employees.

I did find some good deals though.

Spent $67
Also saw Lego Dimensions Bart $1 and ET for $3

4beed3af0d24b36d77a0f6d946893f45.jpg

2041e34616df2e8dc6a55d180b4d8d0e.jpg

cc3f555d2b851231199d7855c603410c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as familiar with Walmart clearance. If brickseek shows 7 items in stock and I can’t find any on the shelf is it safe to assume they are gone?

I honestly didn’t see an employee (surprise) and was pressed for time. No other Walmart’s in my area have stock so that’s likely another nail in the coffin.
Sometimes they’re in the stockroom, so always ask for an associate’s help if you can’t find it.

New to this thread.  If I see the lowest price on Brickseek at one of the local Walmarts... does this mean every other store that has the item would also sell it to me at that price?  Or does it have to be that exact store?

Which is when you ask for them to call an assistant manager and then have them go get it.
Think it really depends on your store. The ones around me are HORRIBLE. I went last night to check for a controller that brickseek said they had 6 of. Asked an employee if they could help me find one and he goes, "Nah we don't have it." I'm not even sure he looked at the picture on my phone. After that he decided he was done talking and only shook his head at me for all my following questions. Literally did not say another word to me, it was like interacting with a child. He seemed upset that I wanted him to do some actual work. Eventually I just said thanks and left. A great reminder that no deal is good enough to go to Walmart for.

Think it really depends on your store. The ones around me are HORRIBLE. I went last night to check for a controller that brickseek said they had 6 of. Asked an employee if they could help me find one and he goes, "Nah we don't have it." I'm not even sure he looked at the picture on my phone. After that he decided he was done talking and only shook his head at me for all my following questions. Literally did not say another word to me, it was like interacting with a child. He seemed upset that I wanted him to do some actual work. Eventually I just said thanks and left. A great reminder that no deal is good enough to go to Walmart for.
I try to just have the barcode up so they can scan it and see the stock count themselves. But sometimes I get a guy that wants to tell a story as to why a number >0 still means that they don't have any in stock.

I try to just have the barcode up so they can scan it and see the stock count themselves. But sometimes I get a guy that wants to tell a story as to why a number >0 still means that they don't have any in stock.
That's what I did with my last find and it worked out well. It was a game they usually don't stock but some had returned it. It was set aside on top of one of the laptop cages. Took me 3 trips but was totally worth it. To the victor go the spoils.

The managers at my "friendly" Wal-Mart get indignant every time I try to get them to price match, even with their own web site. You should have seen the fresh hell I went through to try to save a few bucks on Codename STEAM! I'd have more fun with self-administered dental surgery.

So yeah, I don't bother trying to get deals from this Wal-Mart unless they're dropped right in my lap. Did appreciate the Wario Amiibo I got for two dollars, though.

The managers at my "friendly" Wal-Mart get indignant every time I try to get them to price match, even with their own web site. You should have seen the fresh hell I went through to try to save a few bucks on Codename STEAM! I'd have more fun with self-administered dental surgery.

So yeah, I don't bother trying to get deals from this Wal-Mart unless they're dropped right in my lap. Did appreciate the Wario Amiibo I got for two dollars, though.
No more price matching.

picked up World of Final Fantasy ps4 for $7 yesterday, they had the day one edition but it scanned see associate for details so i just got the regular version. brickseek said the surge and watch dogs 2 was $7 for ps4 but couldnt find them anywhere.

They still price match walmart.com
I thought they got rid of even that, but it appears that you are right. Here is there policy as of yesterday:

walmart.com said:
Price Match Policy

We will match Walmart.com and Jet.com base price, for identical items purchased in a Walmart store.

• The customer must inform the associate of the price
  • The item must be currently in-stock on Walmart.com at the time the Price Match is requested
  • We reserve the right to verify the price and the availability of the identical item (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, or color, etc.) · If the register prompts for supervisor approval, the supervisor must verify the price and availability of the identical item (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, or color, etc.), by logging onto the Walmart.com website through a store terminal, before the price will be matched.
  • We reserve the right to limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day Quantities are limited in New Mexico only for the purchase for resale
We do not match:

• Prices from Walmart Marketplace Retailers or the Marketplace Retailers of competitors, third-party sellers, auction sites, or sites requiring membership
  • Bundle offers, Instant Rebates, Mail-in Offers, Offers that include financing, Advertisements that require a purchase to receive a gift card, Percentage Off, or Buy One Get One Free advertisements without a specified price
  • Competitor advertised price
  • The Price Match offered above is not available in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. The manager on duty as the final decision on any Price match.
  • Walmart reserves the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time.
Last Updated: November 28, 2017

Couple of things i saw today:

Rigs PS4 -  $5

Starblood Arena PS4 - $3

Both of them had been picked over.

Picked up

Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition $5

Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition $10

picked up World of Final Fantasy ps4 for $7 yesterday, they had the day one edition but it scanned see associate for details so i just got the regular version. brickseek said the surge and watch dogs 2 was $7 for ps4 but couldnt find them anywhere.
Looked this up on brickseek late last week and one of my local stores had it priced at $5. Placed an order using the Walmart app for that price so I don't lose out on tax like I did when I ordered Big Buck Hunter PS4 recently($5 in store, $20 online). Finally got around to picking it up today and sure enough it is the Day One Edition. Noticed they had one more in the case tagged $39.xx.

I also ordered and picked up today Batman VR PS4 for $10 from the same store.

My walmart (the one that NEVER has good clearance items) had a fuckton of Super Mario (goodie boxes?) and COD WW2 boxes on clearance. The COD boxes were $15 and the Super Mario boxes were $29.88. The zelda boxes were still full price.

They also had gaming keyboards on "clearance". I say clearance in quotes because the first three are still a little under $100 and the one in the back is $60. So still pretty expensive.

LINK with pics:  https://imgur.com/a/V6DdK

*PREFACE* I'm an idiot and for the life of me can't get pics to upload - I get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." regardless of which host I use and if I use JPEG or PNG.  If anyone wants to assist, I would be grateful.

So this morning I ran into the Walmart closest to my office to grab a phone case for one of our new hires.  Outside of electronics I saw brown two plastic bins that are supposed to look like apple carts (I'm assuming from produce??), only they had games in them.  In one, all the games had $5 tags, and in the other, $10 tags.

I grabbed a few out of the bins, and the lady working electronics told me that they had six more boxes of games in the back they were told to clearance out, some going back to 2012.  "Sounds like I'm coming back after I'm off work." I said.  "I would if I were you." she replied.  When I got there after work around 4:00, I saw she wasn't kidding...

Here is my final haul (well, for today):

$10:
Nioh PS4
The Last Guardian PS4
Sonic Forces PS4
Fallout 4 GOTY PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Christmas gift for a friend) Wii U
Twilight Princess w/ Wolf Link Amiibo Wii U
Minecraft Season 2 XB1
Forza Horizon 2 XB 360
NBA 2K17 XB 360
WWE 2K17 XB 360
Fable Anniversary XB1/360 (Got this for myself)
Tri-Force Heroes 3DS (Likely returning these - unsure I will get decent ROI)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Possibly returning these - already own it, and unsure on ROI)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS
Madden 17 PS3
WWE 2K17 PS3

$5:
Mario Sports Superstars 3DS (Still flips for $15.60 at Gamestop)
Disney Magic World 3DS (Reviews looked good, grabbed it for my 5 year old)
Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 XB1 (Grabbed for my cousin's son)

Likely returning Tri-Force Heroes and Animal Crossing for Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 tomorrow (and probably a copy of Quantum Break for myself).

Now to figure out the optimal way to flip them...I'm an Amazon seller, but I've never flipped anything on there before, plus I'd like to sell as much as a I can pre-Christmas and not play roulette with the Buy Box on Amazon.  eBay fees are annoying, but that seems like the best option...any suggestions?

*PREFACE* I'm an idiot and for the life of me can't get pics to upload - I get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." regardless of which host I use and if I use JPEG or PNG. If anyone wants to assist, I would be grateful.

So this morning I ran into the Walmart closest to my office to grab a phone case for one of our new hires. Outside of electronics I saw brown two plastic bins that are supposed to look like apple carts (I'm assuming from produce??), only they had games in them. In one, all the games had $5 tags, and in the other, $10 tags.

I grabbed a few out of the bins, and the lady working electronics told me that they had six more boxes of games in the back they were told to clearance out, some going back to 2012. "Sounds like I'm coming back after I'm off work." I said. "I would if I were you." she replied. When I got there after work around 4:00, I saw she wasn't kidding...

$10:
4x Nioh PS4
3x The Last Guardian PS4
3x Sonic Forces PS4
2x Fallout 4 GOTY PS4
1x Xenoblade Chronicles X (Christmas gift for a friend) Wii U
4x Twilight Princess w/ Wolf Link Amiibo Wii U
1x Minecraft Season 2 XB1
2x Forza Horizon 2 XB 360
1x NBA 2K17 XB 360
2x WWE 2K17 XB 360
1x Fable Anniversary XB1/360 (Got this for myself)
2x Tri-Force Heroes 3DS (Likely returning these - unsure I will get decent ROI)
2x Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Possibly returning these - already own it, and unsure on ROI)
3x The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS
1x Madden 17 PS3
1x WWE 2K17 PS3

$5:
4x - Mario Sports Superstars 3DS (Still flips for $15.60 at Gamestop)
1x Disney Magic World 3DS (Reviews looked good, grabbed it for my 5 year old)
1x Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 XB1 (Grabbed for my cousin's son)

Likely returning Tri-Force Heroes and Animal Crossing for Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 tomorrow (and probably a copy of Quantum Break for myself).

Now to figure out the optimal way to flip them...I'm an Amazon seller, but I've never flipped anything on there before, plus I'd like to sell as much as a I can pre-Christmas and not play roulette with the Buy Box on Amazon. eBay fees are annoying, but that seems like the best option...any suggestions?
Are you able to share this location so others can get in on the action before you clean it out?

Are you able to share this location so others can get in on the action before you clean it out?
I don't suspect many CAGers live nearby, but Iola, KS is the town. If you're at KU, it's about an hour and a half away. Right around that same distance from the KC suburbs as well. They've had some decent one-off Clearance deals before, but never like this.

Majora's Mask for $10?! Good lord! I'm considering getting it in the buy one get one for 50 Best Buy deal because no matter how much I wait it never seems to go down in price. =(

*PREFACE* I'm an idiot and for the life of me can't get pics to upload - I get "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." regardless of which host I use and if I use JPEG or PNG. If anyone wants to assist, I would be grateful.

So this morning I ran into the Walmart closest to my office to grab a phone case for one of our new hires. Outside of electronics I saw brown two plastic bins that are supposed to look like apple carts (I'm assuming from produce??), only they had games in them. In one, all the games had $5 tags, and in the other, $10 tags.

I grabbed a few out of the bins, and the lady working electronics told me that they had six more boxes of games in the back they were told to clearance out, some going back to 2012. "Sounds like I'm coming back after I'm off work." I said. "I would if I were you." she replied. When I got there after work around 4:00, I saw she wasn't kidding...

$10:
4x Nioh PS4
3x The Last Guardian PS4
3x Sonic Forces PS4
2x Fallout 4 GOTY PS4
1x Xenoblade Chronicles X (Christmas gift for a friend) Wii U
4x Twilight Princess w/ Wolf Link Amiibo Wii U
1x Minecraft Season 2 XB1
2x Forza Horizon 2 XB 360
1x NBA 2K17 XB 360
2x WWE 2K17 XB 360
1x Fable Anniversary XB1/360 (Got this for myself)
2x Tri-Force Heroes 3DS (Likely returning these - unsure I will get decent ROI)
2x Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Possibly returning these - already own it, and unsure on ROI)
3x The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS
1x Madden 17 PS3
1x WWE 2K17 PS3

$5:
4x - Mario Sports Superstars 3DS (Still flips for $15.60 at Gamestop)
1x Disney Magic World 3DS (Reviews looked good, grabbed it for my 5 year old)
1x Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 XB1 (Grabbed for my cousin's son)

Now to figure out the optimal way to flip them...I'm an Amazon seller, but I've never flipped anything on there before, plus I'd like to sell as much as a I can pre-Christmas and not play roulette with the Buy Box on Amazon. eBay fees are annoying, but that seems like the best option...any suggestions?
Aren’t Amazon selling fees higher than eBay? I seem to recall that when I looked into moving some of my business over there.

Aren’t Amazon selling fees higher than eBay? I seem to recall that when I looked into moving some of my business over there.
I'm not actually sure the breakdown on fees for flipping on Amazon, but I know of people that literally make their living flipping clearance buys from various stores on there.

Dang I should make that drive to Iola. Only about 2 hours for me. Do you know if there's good clearance at Chanute?
They had a solid Clearance over the summer when they reconfigured the Electronics department, but nothing of note gaming wise (aside from a few Lego Dimensions packs).

I honestly didn't figure Iola of all places was within driving range for any CAGers, at least factoring in drive time and mileage. I tend to think of rural SE KS as a podunk island nobody comes to.

I'm not actually sure the breakdown on fees for flipping on Amazon, but I know of people that literally make their living flipping clearance buys from various stores on there.
Amazon fees are massive on a lot of gaming related items, and their new restrictions make it so you can't even sell most Nintendo games as new unless you're a certified Nintendo reseller. Not worth the hassle imo.

Amazon fees are massive on a lot of gaming related items, and their new restrictions make it so you can't even sell most Nintendo games as new unless you're a certified Nintendo reseller. Not worth the hassle imo.
Both amazon and ebay are trying their hardest to weed out flippers which is fine Facebook marketplace and Craigslist while a bit sketchier dont have fees that rape the casual flipper. They basically want you to have a store front now and pay in monthly to get the good fees or basically fuck off. Its a shame ebay use to be great for casual flippers.

bread's done
Back