Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: ^^ My car is full now...
Come on dude, bragging CAG?
Pics, location??
Share the knowledge with fellow CAGs

Probably safe to say he cleaned them out anyway.
Not really. I bought Two minecraft bundles online for same day pickup, one cod wwII ps4, and one grey bf1 bundle in-store. They limit you to two bundles in store. They had 6 ww2 bundles, a few infinite warfare bundles, and a stack of different xb1 500gb bundles out on the floor.

2a7wpom.jpg

I ended up buying the HP Power desktop for $400 last night.

Glad I didn't open it.... got another one today for $200!!!!!!!! ($242 with 3 year warranty)

According to Slickdeals, very few Walmarts have dropped it this low. Most stores are $400 now.

QC03i0x.jpg
Now I feel ripped off for paying $400. I didn't open my computer yet and will wait and see if other Walmarts drop their prices any further.

If you're in the Cleveland area, the Walmart on Brookpark has at least 1 green/orange Xbox One controller left for $15. It says limited stock on BS, but the employee pulled out 2 and put one back in (and sold me the other).
fd999d7960be6b1d79adb9ea54e31bc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Not really. I bought Two minecraft bundles online for same day pickup, one cod wwII ps4, and one grey bf1 bundle in-store. They limit you to two bundles in store. They had 6 ww2 bundles, a few infinite warfare bundles, and a stack of different xb1 500gb bundles out on the floor.

2a7wpom.jpg
Whats with the blue stickers

Wow awesome find dude, you can never find these type of discounts here in Southern California

What are the prices of these if you don't mind sharing?

EDIT: nvm, just saw. Great deals!

$5 each

Fire Emblem Fates

Pokemon Y Pokemon X

Hey Pikmin

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Ultra Street Fihter II (Switch)

Everybody's Golf (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

FFX HD Collection (PS4)

Knack II (GOTY baby!)

Fallout 4 GOTY edition (PS4) x2

Fallout 4 GOTY (XBONE)

Diablo Reaper of Souls (PS4)

$5 each

Fire Emblem Fates

Pokemon Y Pokemon X

Hey Pikmin

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Ultra Street Fihter II (Switch)

Everybody's Golf (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

FFX HD Collection (PS4)

Knack II (GOTY baby!)

Fallout 4 GOTY edition (PS4) x2

Fallout 4 GOTY (XBONE)

Diablo Reaper of Souls (PS4)
Gonna need pics to believe that.

Why would a store mark consoles down that much? Especially newer consoles?

That's ignorant
That's what I was thinking, but I'm not complaining. Prices were at Fort Myers Beach, 17105 San Carlos Blvd store.

I went back tonight and all the systems were gone, but they had more games in boxes from the back. Picked up all these for $5 each.

2lc0dpz.jpg

2u57320.jpg

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not complaining. Prices were at Fort Myers Beach, 17105 San Carlos Blvd store.

I went back tonight and all the systems were gone, but they had more games in boxes from the back. Picked up all these for $5 each.
Welp, all the prices you listed check out for that store. $125 PS4 Slim + COD WW2 is awesome. I wouldn't volume resell the games, but I'd definitely buy a few more consoles and put them on craigslist or Facebook for some extra cash if I were you.

Was there a decent amount of games left? It's a tad bit out of my way but those can make for some excellent Christmas gifts!

Welp, all the prices you listed check out for that store. $125 PS4 Slim + COD WW2 is awesome. I wouldn't volume resell the games, but I'd definitely buy a few more consoles and put them on craigslist or Facebook for some extra cash if I were you.
lol, literally where I got my stuff.

Was there a decent amount of games left? It's a tad bit out of my way but those can make for some excellent Christmas gifts!
most of the good ps4 games were taking already. I left a bunch of stuff I knew I wasn't going to resell or give away as gifts. A bunch of Pokemon games and tons of XBONE games. Wish I found Nioh. :/

2lc0dpz.jpg

2u57320.jpg
fuck, you got the Major's maks I was going to pick up and the Nioh. :c What time did you go? I went around 6pm earlier today.

fuck, you got the Major's maks I was going to pick up and the Nioh. :c What time did you go? I went around 6pm earlier today.
I got those early in the morning from a same day pickup order that I placed the night before. They had most of the good stuff in those small boxes back in the warehouse. I guess they put out those boxes around the time you got there, because I went back around 7:30pm and they still had some decent stuff left.

most of the good ps4 games were taking already. I left a bunch of stuff I knew I wasn't going to resell or give away as gifts. A bunch of Pokemon games and tons of XBONE games. Wish I found Nioh. :/
Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably take a pass then since that store is a about an hour round trip out of my way.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably take a pass then since that store is a about an hour round trip out of my way.
I did a 2 hour round trip. I was hesitant on going because it was out of my way. Should have hopped on that PS4 deal, had I known, I would have told a friend to pick one up for himself. :c

Final Fantasty XIV: Heavansward is $7 at a handful of Walmarts in the Los Angeles County including the one in Long Beach.

I also saw Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition for $15 at one of the those walmart, I forgot which one though. All on PS4.

Also Brickseek says the PSVR with Grand Turismo bundles are $299. They're lying. The Walmart website lists them at $199.

The Walmart in Santa Ana has Digimon World Next Order for $18.

2lc0dpz.jpg

2u57320.jpg
Daaang a fellow Fort Myers CAG, nice find dude

Oh and Sanibel >>> FMB :p

Your feeble Wal-Marts pale in comparison to the gaming magnificence I gazed eyes upon today. I bore witness to a game so incredible, that there can only be one word used to describe its brilliance: Scrumtrulescent.

Any other word employed would be woefully insufficient, and would serve only to limit the sheer magnitude of its greatness.

[attachment=29044:Coryinthe House.jpg]

I could not bring myself to purchase it, because to do so would deprive others of feasting their eyes on such amazement.

Stores already starting to clearance out Xbox One X's apparently:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=276629190
Geez...this is so ridiculous. How the hell do these stores turn profits when they sell of brand new merchandise at clearance prices? Meanwhile, in SoCal, all I ever seem to find are Wal-Marts that sell :ds: and :ps2: games from MSRP, because fuck you, that's why...simply unreal. I was interested in picking up an XB1S for $150 or less on Black Friday (figuring, "Well, the XB1X is coming out, so that means they should be discounting the XB1S substantially!"), but the only models around me are the most current 1TB one w/ Minecraft for $299...not exactly the deal I was hoping for.

Went around today a bit and scanned a bunch of games (many stickered for BF) and nada...a couple were kinda clearance priced but nothing worth it.  Hasn't been bins either but decided to scan some today...

What are the sku's for those consoles people (or maybe one person?) were finding?  Didn't see it or a brickseek link posted...or was that just a super super YMMV single store clearance.  Tried to look them up using the sku finder on brickseek but won't come up.

Went around today a bit and scanned a bunch of games (many stickered for BF) and nada...a couple were kinda clearance priced but nothing worth it. Hasn't been bins either but decided to scan some today...

What are the sku's for those consoles people (or maybe one person?) were finding? Didn't see it or a brickseek link posted...or was that just a super super YMMV single store clearance. Tried to look them up using the sku finder on brickseek but won't come up.
I think these are the links for the systems in RaysGame's picture...please correct me if I'm mistaken, though.

Xbox One S 500GB Console with Minecraft (Xbox One) - http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54791563

Microsoft Xbox One S (500GB) Battlefield 1 Special Edition Bundle, Storm Grey, ZZG-00028 - http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54946638

Playstation 4 Call of Duty Infinite Warfare 500GB (Walmart Exclusive) (White) - http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55467838

PlayStation 4 Slim 500GB System with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55332685

PlayStation 4 1TB Call of Duty WWII Limited Edition Bundle, CUH-2115B - http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=423189432

No idea what the assorted :xb1: bundles would be, though...

VA1vsQr.jpg

I found one of these at Wal-Mart. Couldn't get much information about it (reviews, specifically) so I left it behind and got that Xbox One S deal at Target instead. That was a mistake, wasn't it...?

VA1vsQr.jpg

I found one of these at Wal-Mart. Couldn't get much information about it (reviews, specifically) so I left it behind and got that Xbox One S deal at Target instead. That was a mistake, wasn't it...?
Wtf.. considering the price, that looks amazing.. the fuck. I'd have bought it without hesitation lol

According to Brickseek, that last one sold out after I left. (shrugs)

I'll be honest, I could have used a new laptop. The lack of consensus on its quality (and a lack of any good source of reviews) made me decide against it. All I could find were Wal-Mart's own mixed reviews and an article bagging on its A12 processor.

There are a few more in the Tucson area. Maybe I'll give it another shot, but damn, I had just too many doubts. Wasn't really looking forward to migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10, either.

the only good walmart for clearance around here stopped putting out clearance games. hope it's temporary but doubt it. woe is me

I went to Walmart earlier and I noticed some other guys obviously looking for that HP gaming desktop (brickseek said 2) like I was, but they got to the clerk first. He was having none of it, and shut them down hard. I had been watching it since $399 so I was kinda bummed, but it was entertaining. Luckily I did find a copy of New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360 for $1, and tales from the Borderland for Xbox One for $5 so it wasn't a complete waste.

Fallout NV UE
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=19613290

I went to Walmart earlier and I noticed some other guys obviously looking for that HP gaming desktop (brickseek said 2) like I was, but they got to the clerk first. He was having none of it, and shut them down hard. Luckily for me I did find a copy of New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360 for $1, and tales from the Borderland for Xbox One for $5 so it wasn't a complete waste.
Where? o_O

Mine says 2.

bread's done
Back