Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickseek is showing the Turtle Beach 50P Gaming Headset for $10 at walmart for me:

No stores near me have it at that price though and the goddamn website never tells you WHERE it's at the low price it saying it's at. It could be at that price in Kentucky for all I know.
Just curious is it still in stock for that store and if so do you mind sharing your zip code?

Don't you hate when they lie right to your face like that?
Used to work in the electronics department and I actually saw my coworker do this right in front of me. There was this 50"+ TV that was ridiculously cheap that some guy called about. I told him I would have to put him on hold while I went to hunt it down in the back, as the gemini (product scanner) showed that there was 1 on hand. Anyways, I went to the back and found it, though it was a display model. I was coming back to answer the call when I saw that my coworker had answered the phone and apparently he was talking to the person I had been helping. I told my coworker I found the TV, but for whatever reason my coworker proceeded to tell the guy we didn't have it in stock and ended the call. I asked him why he lied to the customer, as again the TV was a display and had been sitting in the cage for the past couple months. He gave some BS excuse, and I just shook my head.

I'm not trying to make myself out to be a saint, but I got lectured a number of times for being in the back looking for stuff for "too long". Usually I was gone for like 5-10 minutes, as I was actually TRYING to help the customers, but apparently that didn't matter to my managers. At least at the store I worked at, they put top priority on "zoning" (i.e. straightening up shelves), which made helping customers difficult as most the time you weren't even within close proximity of your department desk (in the case of electronics). This is probably why you can't ever find any employees around, as they're doing something else that management deemed more important than covering your department, taking questions, etc.

Might have to do that again for the Laptop tomorrow. I asked the women in electronics if she could search for a SKU and she instantly says "Nope we can't do that", I ask her any chance if it might be in the back she goes "Nope", then I just go fuck it and ask her specifically about the bundle and she gives me all sort of weird answers like that it was a black friday sale, and that she doesnt think they have any, then finally ends with "Did you look for it yourself?" and I was like "Yeah, but theres black cardboard blocking the laptop inventory so I can't see whats down there" and she just says "Well sorry" and walks off.
I alluded to having worked at Walmart and asked an employee today if they could use a gemini (hand scanner) or MC40 (smartphone looking scanner) to see if the item was in stock, and if so to also check that it might be "binned" (i.e. it's assigned a location in the back room). He starting spouting off some nonsense about how the employee that had been in that same aisle moments later had been lying to a customer about something (probably the computer I was asking about), and not even addressing my question. Again I asked if he could check the available stock with the gemini or MC40, as I had the UPC number ready. Instead he said he could go in the back real quick and check, but I can almost guarantee he lied as the electronics cage is locked and typically you have to call a manager to have it unlocked (unless of course the cage is already unlocked, if another employee is straightening it up or whatever). Of course he comes back up and makes some excuse about not being able to find it.

I believe that if you have the employee enter in the number into one of the product scanners, it will improve your chances. Them confirming available stock should shut them up, as they won't be able to lie about it being out of stock, at which point you proceed to ask them to check the back. If you just walk up to an employee and ask them if they have xx item in stock, I can almost guarantee they will lie about not having said item in stock.

I was in a rush and I'm just not a fan of Walmart in general so I didn't elevate it, and there was another dude there too but he just didn't seem to give a shit as he wandered off while I was mid conversation with her. The store still says they have stock there (While all the others stores went to 0) so I'd atleast have felt better if someone had checked the SKU or gave an actual coherent answer. But it definitely felt shady to me.

The second store I went to, they even lied about not having a hand scanner as management didn't allow them to use those anymore.

hqdefault.jpg

I hate to push so hard, but I asked him when that changed and he said sometime within the past month or so. :roll:

Seriously these Walmart clearance runs have turned into wild goose chases. I haven't actually been able to find any of these deals the past 20+ times I've gone out, and it's getting ridiculous. I would bet good money that a majority the items are actually in stock, granted they're probably hidden away somewhere in the back, but it is there. The employees are just so unwilling to help.

Seriously these Walmart clearance runs have turned into wild goose chases. I haven't actually been able to find any of these deals the past 20+ times I've gone out, and it's getting ridiculous. I would bet good money that a majority the items are actually in stock, granted they're probably hidden away somewhere in the back, but it is there. The employees are just so unwilling to help.
Have you tried talking to a manager? Since you've worked at WM, is that something you wouldn't do based on your experiences there?

I believe that if you have the employee enter in the number into one of the product scanners, it will improve your chances. Them confirming available stock should shut them up, as they won't be able to lie about it being out of stock, at which point you proceed to ask them to check the back. If you just walk up to an employee and ask them if they have xx item in stock, I can almost guarantee they will lie about not having said item in stock.
Unfortunately even this isn't true and it's YMMV depending on the employee. A while back walmart was clearancing out Pebble smartwatches. Brickseek said one store had 2 in stock and of course i couldn't find it. I figured it was in the locked cabinets where the fitbits display, so i asked an employee if he could check if they have it in stock. at first i showed him the pebble on the walmart app and he looked at the fitbit/smartwatch display glass and didn't see it, so he said they didn't have it. I asked if he could unlock the cabinets and check in there and he said no, they don't have it. He had the scanner gun in his hand, so I asked if he could look up the upc since i had it handy. I saw him grudgingly type in the upc and i glanced at the screen and saw it showed stock. he still lied and told me they didn't have any.

i walked around and found another employee who was much nicer. she also had a scanner and typed it in and saw they had some. she opened the cabinets and unfortunately couldn't find them, but at least she tried.

Woke up today and before I could even get to the store I checked Brickseek and saw the quantity for that store has become 0 now. So yep, guessing someone was being shady and hiding them or something.

One more store across town says they have 3, so I'll swing by before class since its in the general area

Woke up today and before I could even get to the store I checked Brickseek and saw the quantity for that store has become 0 now. So yep, guessing someone was being shady and hiding them or something.

One more store across town says they have 3, so I'll swing by before class since its in the general area
More than likely you weren't the first customer to go into the store looking for some brickseek deal on that particular item. When you start getting waves of customers and you can't find the item you usually just zero it out to stop people from showing up or calling looking for an item you can't locate. And it makes it even more of a problem if the item is available for pickup today and they can't locate the item to fulfill the order. It happens, and it usually isn't people hiding stuff. But it does happen.

Have you tried talking to a manager? Since you've worked at WM, is that something you wouldn't do based on your experiences there?
I'm not sure how helpful the manager would be, especially if the associate tells them they already looked in the back. Now if the associate is being a complete asshole, and is totally opposed to providing any sort of assistance (as was the case with the employee SgtWiggles dealt with), then I would totally ask for a manager. On the other hand, if you try and ask for a manager's help from the get-go, I feel like they would just redirect you to the employees in the respective department that the clearance item you are looking for is in.

It's one of those things that's obviously going to be different on a case-by-case basis. One of the managers at the store I worked at was awesome and did all he could to help both customers and employees out. On the other hand, one of my other managers wasn't particularly supportive of the employees (though I can't say if that also translated to her interaction with customers).

Can definitley relate regarding the unhelpful or downright hostile employees. I've been to a bunch of Wal-Mart's clearance hunting and the employees I've encountered in electronics refuse to look anything up and just claim they don't have anything. I don't know what to believe as one of these stores actually did have 2 of the desktops. Very frustrating.

That said, I did find a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016 PC Gaming Keyboard for $54 at a local store. Anyone have an opinion on this thing?

BS: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=186184968

Checked the last store that claimed to have Laptop bundles on Brickseek. Was a no-go, but atleast the employee was nice, actually checked, and explained the issue as opposed to walking away mid conversation after spouting random BS.

Damn, I'm not a big pc gamer but I would buy that instantly. Says there might be some near me but price is $74...
Same here, I would use every piece in that kit. I haven't had gaming quality pc peripherals for years. They are all $74 around me but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Found a bunch of Tabula Rasa collector edition's for $10 each. Almost got one for the novelty of it.
You know, people complain about Walmart still having GTA trilogy and Aerosmith Guitar Hero and all these old worthless games, but at least you can still play them. Tabula Rasa's servers were shutdown almost 9 years ago; that game is actually worthless.

The mouse alone is worth $50 IMO (probably not literally anymore especially since it has newer versions like the chroma, etc...but I just mean as a quality mouse)...Deadadder is a great mouse especially for those of us with bigger hands.  Razer used to be notorious for stuff like the middle button going quickly but I've had my chroma for a while now with zero issues.

I'll definitely keep an eye on that bundle as well - I've never seen it on display, but it says my local walmart has 4 of them at $74. They are typically bad at marking down clearance items, but who knows. I used a Deathadder mouse for 6-7 years during my MMO heyday before I ended up replacing it, very good mouse :)

Big $12.88 section at my WM today but alas, no PS4, just X. Looks like older titles too, so maybe not such a great deal.[attachment=29239:IMG_2509.JPG]

Can someone confirm if walmart has an exclusive version or packaging of the PS4 gold headset? I’m trying to figure out if there’s a v2 like with the PSVR.

Everywhere I look I see this:

[attachment=29240:A41502C8-FCB7-4CB3-AA2B-5F5AFCC01FC8.jpeg]

Yet only at walmart I find this packaging:

[attachment=29241:3DE80084-6623-4AB9-9E94-FC59D514C495.jpeg]

I don't do any PC gaming but found this locally...

attachicon.gif
20180108_160331.jpg
I know people already seem to have found and looked up the stock for this bundle on their own, but for everyone else like me who was too lazy to look through Walmart.com or their app, here's the Brickseek link:

Razer 4-Piece Gaming Bundle - Includes Cynosa Pro Keyboard, DeathAdder Mouse, Kraken Headset, and Goliathus Mouse Pad - $99 => $20

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=977211423

I called a walmart who had the gold headphones in stock. I wonder if it’s some type of exclusive packaging as the barcode and Sony stock number on the bottom are the same. On the packaging one states stereo headset and PS3 PS4 and Vita support while the walmart version does not.

had a $10 and up clearance in my local walmart had some good stuff... 

Nier Automata ps4 - $20

Persona 5 PS3 - $20

God eater 2 ps4 - $20

Steep ps4/xb1 - $10

Everybodys golf $10

Rime xb1 - $10

Digimon digiworld ps4 -$10

phantom pain xb1 - $10

a bunch of random ps3/xbox 360 titles - fifa 16 etc.. i cant remmeber what else :)

hope it helps someone and as usual YMMV

I can confirm that the new box version of the PS4 gold headset still Rings up the same as the old one so if it shows on clearance you should be good. I snagged two of them today for $15

I can confirm that the new box version of the PS4 gold headset still Rings up the same as the old one so if it shows on clearance you should be good. I snagged two of them today for $15

Must be a fluke or your one local stores. I checked BS with various zip codes and all stores show it as $100.

Man I would love to find a pair that cheap. They're $100 everywhere around me too, except for a sold out location where they were $38.

That Razer holiday 4 pack just dropped in price at a lot of the stores in my area, down to $49, not sure if I'm gonna bite since I don't really 'need' any of them atm, if it drops further I'm in tho

Says my closest had the headphones for $38 but all gone.  I know there's some gamers who work in electronics there now though so I may have a hard time with stuff going forward.  One is an ***hat who told me "sorry the inventory said the SNES's were in stock, I know they're not I just bought the last two".

Says my closest had the headphones for $38 but all gone. I know there's some gamers who work in electronics there now though so I may have a hard time with stuff going forward. One is an ***hat who told me "sorry the inventory said the SNES's were in stock, I know they're not I just bought the last two".
I'm kinda thinking of getting the bundle just for the headphones, could use a better headset that has a 3.5mm for XBO/PS4, can't seem to even find a regular listing for the 3.5mm headset by itself do you happen to have the sku?

Says my closest had the headphones for $38 but all gone. I know there's some gamers who work in electronics there now though so I may have a hard time with stuff going forward. One is an ***hat who told me "sorry the inventory said the SNES's were in stock, I know they're not I just bought the last two".
It's amazing isn't it? I run into this all the time at GameStop. "Hey it says you have X in stock" "We do but it's on hold for an employee, he's going to buy it next week"...really bro

It's amazing isn't it? I run into this all the time at GameStop. "Hey it says you have X in stock" "We do but it's on hold for an employee, he's going to buy it next week"...really bro
Man, I'd quickly follow that up with, "Oh, really? Sounds like something your manager should know about, since you're keeping stock away from willing customers..." Get the fuck out of here with that garbage...some employees, I tell you...

That Razer holiday 4 pack just dropped in price at a lot of the stores in my area, down to $49, not sure if I'm gonna bite since I don't really 'need' any of them atm, if it drops further I'm in tho
Yeah I was bummed mine was sold out at $30. Then I walked over to the games. I’ve never seen such cheap prices there. Spent about $265, my favorite thing was the 32” Samsung monitor curved, $99

Was able to order the Razer 4pack for in store pickup at $49. I almost picked it up for $74 a week ago, glad I waited. Thanks all

Yeah I was bummed mine was sold out at $30. Then I walked over to the games. I’ve never seen such cheap prices there. Spent about $265, my favorite thing was the 32” Samsung monitor curved, $99
Do you happen to have a B.S. link for that monitor? That would go nicely with the new desktop!

How do you order at clearance price remotely? Call them to hold?
Using the Walmart app I changed my store to the store I knew had it cheaper thanks to brickseek. Then I added it to cart, price was higher because it defaulted to shipping. But chose in store pick up for that specific store and got the lower price. It said limited stock, so it only let me order one.

Thanks for the links. My local wm is showing the gaming PC and the 40" tv in stock at the clearance prices. If they do I'll be picking them up in the morning.

EDIT: The TV link wasn't in this thread.
Still $249 everywhere around me but that's a great price if you can find it and need a TV. Thanks for the heads up!

bread's done
Back