Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That razer bundle is *just* large enough to make shipping an issue for trying to resell. The box is too thin and flashy to ship it bare in the mfr box too.

I wouldn't try it personally, but looking at recently completed sales on eBay there is a little profit to be made after fees.

Not particularly game related, but I happened upon a Razor Hovertrax 1.5 hoverboard last night for $75. They were $249.

Yeah mine supposedly couldn’t find a few items too but according to brickseek they went from 5 to 0 within an hour or two.

I got that Vizio speaker set too, stoked to try it
Had that happen to me today also. Price was $49 yesterday at a local store and dropped to $25 today. BS said there was 4 in stock, which I can some what confirm as I saw 5 of them a couple of weeks ago when they were first posted on SD as being $49. I left home, made a couple of more important stops along the way and arrived at that store about an hour later and BS still showed 2 in stock. They were nowhere to be found in electronics, unlike a couple of weeks ago. I asked a cashier if they had any and she replied "those went on sale this morning and we're sold out". Just checked BS again a couple of hours ago and now it shows 0.

That's a valid reason to not give you the order. Why wouldn't it match? It should match and seems like a good reason for someone to hack your account with that same name and try to get free items (I know this from personal experience and having to deal with it).

It's like being mad that you use your nickname (Prison Mike for example) and your I.D. shows Michael. It doesn't add up and they should deny you to pick it up.
The name on my walmart.com account is my nickname and doesn't match the name on my form of payment or on my driver's license, and I've never had issues with picking up my order.

40" Samsung came in on site to store, easily did a return/rebuy for $169.

Will have to look for FFXV deluxe. I'd jump on that for $30.
Do you buy the tv using site to store, pick up the tv, then return it and rebuy the one they now have in stock for $169.00?

Did the employee go along with it? Or did you return the tv under the pretense that you just didn't like it, then instead of RMAing it, they put in back on the floor? How would it go back in stock if the unit would then have to be sold as open box or something and thus not be qualified for the $169 new item price?

Can you elaborate? Did the price if you pick up in store go down to $169?

Does it have to be instock at store you do the return/rebuy at?
Bought it, returned it at customer service, rebought at the $169 price. It wasn't instock at said store before I ordered it, but the price instore was $169. My site to store order was initially $447.

Bought it, returned it at customer service, rebought at the $169 price. It wasn't instock at said store before I ordered it, but the price instore was $169. My site to store order was initially $447.
If this went down like I think it did, you were very fortunate that they let you re-buy it. If the item isn't available for same-day pickup but instead available for pickup and handful of days later, then that means it has to be shipped from which means that it isn't pulled from the store's inventory but rather the warehouse's inventory (www.walmart.com's inventory). They typically don't let you return and rebut such things because when the item is returned, it isn't added to the store's inventory but rather is shipped back to the warehouse.

This was the case with the Roku 4K that I bought a few months ago. The local store was out of stock but I could still do site-to-store pickup (not same day) and then hopefully take it to the front for a return/rebuy. They let me do it, but only as a one-time exception because it isn't in their inventory to sell it. Sure enough, that store's inventory went from 0 on BS to -1 next time I checked. I think I got lucky because it wasn't a very high priced item, but I think you got VERY lucky. :)

I’m so confused with the app and how some rare times it changes the price for me to what it says on pickup, but most of the time it doesn’t. When I click the pickup and see other stores it has the item ( for example the blu ray player ) at 25$ but when I click add to cart it goes to 107$, and stays that price after I select pickup

I’m so confused with the app and how some rare times it changes the price for me to what it says on pickup, but most of the time it doesn’t. When I click the pickup and see other stores it has the item ( for example the blu ray player ) at 25$ but when I click add to cart it goes to 107$, and stays that price after I select pickup
In order for WM to auto-adjust your price to store clearance price, they need to pull inventory from within the store, if they ship it from the warehouse they gonna charge you the online price. Telltale sign is that email telling you to come to the store to pickup, this need to show up no later than one business day after you placed the order.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

How is the LG 870 BluRay player if anyone has used it? Said it doesn't have wifi but does it connect to your 4K TV well if the 4K TV your using is not LG. I'm using a Samsung.

In order for WM to auto-adjust your price to store clearance price, they need to pull inventory from within the store, if they ship it from the warehouse they gonna charge you the online price. Telltale sign is that email telling you to come to the store to pickup, this need to show up no later than one business day after you placed the order.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I said the exact same thing last night, but I guess it was too wordy to be read. :)

Hmm so I have a situation. I did in store pickup for the tv and the monitor. When I picked them up in store it said I would be refunded the difference. It's been a few weeks and I haven't gotten my refund (despite the receipt claiming otherwise) and the monitor dropped an additional $50. How the heck do i resolve this? The receipt I have has no prices and just says "refunded" next to the two items so i dont know what they can do in store. I could call CS but I'm not sure if I can get them to match the in store price on the monitor. Ugh.

Hmm so I have a situation. I did in store pickup for the tv and the monitor. When I picked them up in store it said I would be refunded the difference. It's been a few weeks and I haven't gotten my refund (despite the receipt claiming otherwise) and the monitor dropped an additional $50. How the heck do i resolve this? The receipt I have has no prices and just says "refunded" next to the two items so i dont know what they can do in store. I could call CS but I'm not sure if I can get them to match the in store price on the monitor. Ugh.
You don’t have any documentation at all stating you’d be refunded the difference?

You don’t have any documentation at all stating you’d be refunded the difference?
Other than the receipt saying I would be I don't think so. I never got the email staying a refund was being issued that they told me to watch out for.

The name on my walmart.com account is my nickname and doesn't match the name on my form of payment or on my driver's license, and I've never had issues with picking up my order.
Hopefully this is sarcasm, because it reads borderline believable but doesn't make sense.
Not sarcasm. They are not suppose to give you the item if the I.D. doesn't match. That doesn't mean employees follow directions but it's an easy way for scammers to get your items.

I had a similar problem where someone used my Walmart.com account and ordered a 50in TV with my card. Their name was similar to mine and they almost got it until the rep at pickup noticed the names don't match, luckily she called me to verify and found out that I never placed an order and my name is John (for example) and not Johnny. The guy end up running and they never caught him. I went to the store later that day and the women who called me said it's a common scam and that's why the names have to match on I.D.'s and the same order.

So yeah, just easily to have your actual name that's on your I.D. on orders instead of a nickname. But that's not to say you'll be denied to pick it up if it doesn't match, but remember that someone else could walk away with an item you reserved too.

You could go back to the store and explain your case and hopefully get the new price drop
Gave it a shot but was told to call customer service as the lady had no idea what I was talking about. She actually tried to refund me way more than I paid for it but I'm really not up for getting arrested at Wal-Mart lol. I guess I'll call CS and try to get them to match the prices to the current prices in store.

Yeah mine supposedly couldn’t find a few items too but according to brickseek they went from 5 to 0 within an hour or two.

I got that Vizio speaker set too, stoked to try it
How is the speaker? Store I went to today has 2 in stock. I've never owned or used one of these before, are they actually worth it? (Probably for $35)

I think their system has changed slightly over the past year, where before they charged you online price and later adjusted at pickup (not including tax), but now for most items the website will auto-charge you the store price if available.

As long as they think they have inventory when you order and it shows up on your order confirmation at the reduced price, you will still get the clearance price even if they end up shipping your item to store after they find out they don't actually have any in stock, which could take a few days.

How is the speaker? Store I went to today has 2 in stock. I've never owned or used one of these before, are they actually worth it? (Probably for $35)
I’ll hook em up tomorrow. Haven’t had time yet. For $35 I’d say definitely worth it considering it’s a 5.1 set. Especially for a smaller room

Wtf. I'm assuming massive ymmv as usual though right? It would be nuts to get any of this clearance that cheap. $80 40" tv yes please lmao
my walmart is weird. They don't really mark down prices. They will throw a bunch of stuff on clearance and randomly do 50% off anything with a clearance label.

Well, managed to get the LG 4k player. Little old lady's jaw dropped as she rung it up. At 1st she thought is was a DVD player and then noticed the 4K on the box.

Kind of glad I grabbed it. A bit better than my One X on the 1 4k movie I tried so far.

I think their system has changed slightly over the past year, where before they charged you online price and later adjusted at pickup (not including tax), but now for most items the website will auto-charge you the store price if available.

As long as they think they have inventory when you order and it shows up on your order confirmation at the reduced price, you will still get the clearance price even if they end up shipping your item to store after they find out they don't actually have any in stock, which could take a few days.
This doesn’t make sense to me. If they think they have inventory, the item would simply be available for in store pickup but the whole point to doing the return rebuy is that they only have it available for site to store...

Do you mean if brickseek shows one in stock as an inventory error but you cant do pickup from that store?

I don't even get what a 4k dvd player is. So it just plays DVD and bluray in 4k? doesn't seem that special to me. Just rent a bluray from redbox or buy and watch on PS4 or a bluray drive.

I am going to buy the PS4 gold headset today at a a walmart for $100 retail and take them to the walmart that clearanced them but out of stock and try a return, rebuy.

Lucked up and found 2 of the 4K players at another WM across town last night. They were still $49 earlier in the day but decided to check BS while we were in store looking for the Pyrex sets. They had dropped to $25 and luckily someone only bought one of the 3 that were available.

I don't even get what a 4k dvd player is. So it just plays DVD and bluray in 4k? doesn't seem that special to me. Just rent a bluray from redbox or buy and watch on PS4 or a bluray drive.

I am going to buy the PS4 gold headset today at a a walmart for $100 retail and take them to the walmart that clearanced them but out of stock and try a return, rebuy.
Assuming it plays 4K Blu-rays it's worth it since those players are expensive. PS4s also don't play 4k Blu-rays.

Assuming it plays 4K Blu-rays it's worth it since those players are expensive. PS4s also don't play 4k Blu-rays.
Guess I should have put UHD as well.....yes, it plays 4k UHD disks. It was pretty late when I posted. PS4 cannot play 4K disks (neither the original or pro).

bread's done
Back