Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like there is 12-24 hour window where the clearance prices occur and the pick up today option for in store items is still available for the clearence price. Has that been anyone else’s experience?
Yup, has happened to me twice. I go and the price is still higher. Even had an employee tell me once, just try again tomorrow, it might not have gone in yet. I did, and the price drop was indeed reflected.

To the guy at the Denton store that was harassing the employees and being a loud prick, demanding the employee open every case to find the games because Brickseek shows them in stock, then directly blaming the employee for "hiding them to buy them for themselves", I hope you trip and hit a cactus with your dick.

Right ways and wrong ways to do things.

Also, the other walmart I was at said even though they had it in stock, they pulled them off the floor already and can't sell them so even if Brickseek shows them in stock, they may not be for sale.
Denton, TX? I run a WM electronics near there and shop in Denton all the time. If it's Denton, TX, was it the Loop store or University? Hilarious. I deal with deal seekers all the time, I've never had anyone get irate and accuse me of hoarding stuff for myself. Actually, scratch that. One time when we were getting ready to change the TV wall and had clearance'd out all the TV's we weren't selling anymore a customer wanted to buy one of the displays of those TV's but was irate when I told her we don't sell the displays until we actually replace the TV and accused me of trying to keep some shitty Element 1080p set for myself.

To be honest the people who get the most irritated at stuff not being in stock, in my experience anyway, are people who take these items and resell them through their businesses. It might make me a bad person but I never mind telling these people they are out of luck. I'll still try as hard as I can to find it, but it does feel good sometimes to tell some of them no, especially when they come at you with 15 bar codes they want you to scan and then question where you're trying to find it and whether you checked the backroom or not even though MF'er I know what is in the back room.

And yeah on some of these items we are supposed to remove them and give them to claims to be sent away, but the ones they don't want sold are automatically flagged as recall by home office and won't scan at the register, so if employees are refusing sales or changing prices then they aren't doing their jobs correctly.

By the way trying to be a CAG and living in Denton blows. Again, assuming you're talking about Denton, TX. I guess because it's a college town, but all the good deals are wiped out fast.

Extreme YMMV but it appears that on Friday, Walmart dropped a literal ton of Wii, 3ds & Vita games (possibly other consoles) to 3 cents so they can be sent back to warehouse for rebates. Of course since most WM employees dont care, the games are available for purchase on the floor.

It seems to vary by store right now so i'd recommend using the app to see what games a store has and if it doesnt show prices on the app, look em up on brickseek. Sadly only game i've found is a copy of Metroid Other M (they showed Fortune Street & Sin/Punishment 2 as well, but apparently those already got sent back)

Games I've seen drop so far:
Wii - Fortune Street
Wii - Metroid Other M
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2
3ds - Monster Hunter 3
3ds - Tetris Axis
Vita - Madden 13
Wii U - Sonic Boom
Is there an easy way on the Walmart app to look up a list of games by store? I’ve always found the search function on Walmart to be a PITA.

Yeah guys, harassing the employees is not the way to go. After all, you're looking for super cheap clearance games. if you strike out because of misinformation, a bad inventory count or for any other reason, let it go. For every ten misses, you'll have one great run. Funnily enough, I went to college in Denton, TX.

Re: The 3 cent games. Personal Trainer Walking for the DS and Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii are also part of this drop. I picked up Metroid: Other M, Sin & Punishment, Kirby and the Personal Trainer. Two pedometers for 3 cents? Why not?

Bought 4x Bound By Flame and 4x Metroid. Off to the next Walmart for Kirby and Warioware. Then a trip to Best Buy
Did you do self-checkout or take it to a register? I'm afraid if I try to buy a bunch of the .03 games, they'll be on alert and push the prices back up, as someone in this thread reported earlier.

Man I saw this on my way home from work so I figured I would stop in and check since I drive past a Wal-Mart on my way home anyway. Lady pulls out kirby, scans it right there and tells me it is a mistake and can't buy it. So frustrating.

Ten copies of sin and punishment nearby but the game value is crazy low anyone know the best place to try and trade it in

Did you do self-checkout or take it to a register? I'm afraid if I try to buy a bunch of the .03 games, they'll be on alert and push the prices back up, as someone in this thread reported earlier.
The first store they were in cases so I took them to self-check. No issues when they checked my ID fpr the M rated game.

2nd store, i has trouble. They rang them up at Electronics. The guy let me pay, but then said "wait...3 cents???" And called his manager. He handed her the receipt and went and talked to the store supervisor. She came baxk and said they can't sell it due to recall. I told her I paid for them and they offered a refund. I asked to the store manager since I paid for them and a secomd after she called him on the walkie, he said "just let him take it".

Walked out with 4 Kirby Epic Yarn's and 5 Warioware's. They went and pulled the renaining stock of each game as I was leaving.

Does best buy take trade ins in bulk?
You can trade up to 3 of the same game in a 12 month peeiod. But I think it doesn't apply if you do 3 PS3 versions and 3 PS4 versions, etc.

Interesting. I'll try for self-checkout. I can't see an employee ringing up a game for 3 cents without sounding the alarm to a manager.

As far as trade-in to Best Buy, I thought you could only trade USED games (unless you're talking about trying to get actual store credit in mimicking a return, as if you bought the game there originally).

The first store they were in cases so I took them to self-check. No issues when they checked my ID fpr the M rated game.
2nd store, i has trouble. They rang them up at Electronics. The guy let me pay, but then said "wait...3 cents???" And called his manager. He handed her the receipt and went and talked to the store supervisor. She came baxk and said they can't sell it due to recall. I told her I paid for them and they offered a refund. I asked to the store manager since I paid for them and a secomd after she called him on the walkie, he said "just let him take it".
Walked out with 4 Kirby Epic Yarn's and 5 Warioware's. They went and pulled the renaining stock of each game as I was leaving.

You can trade up to 3 of the same game in a 12 month peeiod. But I think it doesn't apply if you do 3 PS3 versions and 3 PS4 versions, etc.
Were the games behind the glass cases or readily available? In my experience, when you ask them to remove them from behind the glass, they hold them at Electronics...they don't let you just hold on to them. Then, when you're ready, they force you to pay at Electronics....so, no chance to just do self-checkout.

Interesting. I'll try for self-checkout. I can't see an employee ringing up a game for 3 cents without sounding the alarm to a manager.

As far as trade-in to Best Buy, I thought you could only trade USED games (unless you're talking about trying to get actual store credit in mimicking a return, as if you bought the game there originally).
I'm pretty sure they mean using the Best Buy trade in program, NOT doing return fraud.

He just bought them. It's possible to open them and take them straight to BB. Since they're now open, they're used.

Couldn't find any PS4 .03 but did get several of the Wii titles mentioned before. Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii, also .03. Really impossible to tell in-store what had been knocked down that low. The Wii titles were behind the glass...the full price sticker on them all. I took an employee around and scanned about a dozen PS4 titles with the app...no dice. Think she was running out of patience...lol. Good finds though, thanks for the tip.

Didn't have time to Brickseek a bunch of titles while in-store but maybe next time.[attachment=29372:IMG_2540.JPG]

Denton, TX?
Yup. Sadly we do live in an area where a lot...a LOT...of people make a living by reselling. Too many times where I've went and bought retro games from people that turn around and ask if you need a new cell phone or shoes too. So any time a deal comes up, the hordes of resellers hit every single store. I already saw posts of the 3 cent games where people wanted $20 a pop all over facebook. When Dollar General had those Lego Dimensions sets for super cheap, these people went out, hit up every one, bought the entire thing out, and now I hit up the flea market and see tables full of them trying to sell at $5 each. You almost have to catch a deal right as it's happening or it's gone, can't compete with a mass of people that make this their "job".

My local gamestop is right in front of a walmart and they said within an hour of the flipageddon deals being mentioned, they were 100% positive every copy of PvZ: GW2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 went from Walmart across the parking lot to Gamestop. Hell, I flip too so I'm all for that, Gamestop even said take advantage of their deals, etc. But then there was the K-Mart $200 PS4 thing about 2 years ago that was insane, and when I went to get one, a guy came in, points to the case and says "give me every PS4 you have in there", and fought them until the manager gave in and price matched. They're some of the worst dealers I've ever dealt with too.

As for the store, I think it was the loop one, but I mean, everything in Denton is in the "loop" so I have no idea what official name they give it. Guy was just giving an employee hell at an hour way too early for them to be dealing with bullshit. They shouldn't get that treatment anyway, but that early in the morning just makes that guy an even bigger asshole.

if it took them this long to end all those old wii titles I can;t imagine how long I will have to wait to get twilight princess HD on clearance. Jesus

I was turned down on a single copy of metroid. I was able to grab a copy of rhythm heaven on the shelf and take it to the front registers where they don't give a shit. everything else is in the glass case. 

if it took them this long to end all those old wii titles I can;t imagine how long I will have to wait to get twilight princess HD on clearance. Jesus

I was turned down on a single copy of metroid. I was able to grab a copy of rhythm heaven on the shelf and take it to the front registers where they don't give a shit. everything else is in the glass case.
Despite the 3 cent clearance, my local Walmart still has PS1 and PS2 games at near full price. Mostly sports games too. Guess they don't get rebates on those lol.

The store I went to had 1 copy of SIn and Punishment not locked in a security case so I took that to self checkout and left it in the car and went back to the games area to see what else I could find. I found another Sin and Punishment and 1 Metroid Other M both in the security cases. I tried taking those to self checkout and was told I had to go to a regular register.

The cashier said it was a mistake and went to customer service. 2 managers both said they aren't supposed to be $0.03 and one manager said to override the $0.03 and charge the sticker prices of $20 and $30. Sin and Punishment had been $10 for months so $20 was worse than the old clearance price.

Try to buy 3 or more items along with the $0.03 game and return it later, so when they check you out they will not notice the $0.03 game. That what I did today lol

Ten copies of sin and punishment nearby but the game value is crazy low anyone know the best place to try and trade it in
Looked up the trade values of Sin and the other .03 Wii games on Best Buy website. Very very low....ranging from 25 cents to just over a dollar.

Are any of the $0.03 games showing up on brickseek? I went to check it out because I don’t want to drive all that way for nothing but not a one is even in my area and wondered if they are even registered on there anyways.

Ran to Walmart just before closing to see what I could find. All I found was a copy of SteelDiver but I've been wanting to give it a try for awhile now and for $0.03 it wasn't bad. I saw that no one on here had mentioned that yet, so if you're looking for it for some reason, there you go

Yeah guys, harassing the employees is not the way to go. After all, you're looking for super cheap clearance games. if you strike out because of misinformation, a bad inventory count or for any other reason, let it go. For every ten misses, you'll have one great run. Funnily enough, I went to college in Denton, TX.

Re: The 3 cent games. Personal Trainer Walking for the DS and Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii are also part of this drop. I picked up Metroid: Other M, Sin & Punishment, Kirby and the Personal Trainer. Two pedometers for 3 cents? Why not?
I live in Denton lol. GMG

Guy was just giving an employee hell at an hour way too early for them to be dealing with bullshit. They shouldn't get that treatment anyway, but that early in the morning just makes that guy an even bigger asshole.
I had an guy insist I price match some DVD's/Blu-ray's for him despite him not having an ad to show that they were the price he purported. I then asked if maybe he could bring the ad up on his phone, or show me the product page on the competitors website. Of course he didn't have a smartphone either, or any other proof. He then straight up ordered me to take my phone out and look, and I lied and told him I didn't have my phone on me. He got pretty pissed about that and told me to "just price match the items" and I told him I couldn't do so without seeing the competitor's price for myself. Now apparently some people can't take "no" for an answer, and he just proceeded to get even more pissed before I decided I needed to take a breather him and ask one of my co-workers if they could help him (I took my coworker aside, explained the situation, and I apologized for passing him off on them, but I refused to deal with him). I was getting pissed, he was already pissed, and I just needed to get away from him. In hindsight, I probably should have just called for an assistant manager.

I was always willing to help customers, even if they asked for something in the back, but no freaking way am I going to when you decide to be a condescending POS. I swear some customers come into these stores (not even just Walmart, but retail stores in general) like they have a personal vendetta against employees and it's their mission to ruin an employee's day (you hear about other employees who interacted with a certain customer, and regardless of whether said employee was the first or last to interact with him, the customer was just a scumbag to everybody; I.e. it's not like any one specific employee ticked the customer off, but the customer was just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk).

Are any of the $0.03 games showing up on brickseek? I went to check it out because I don’t want to drive all that way for nothing but not a one is even in my area and wondered if they are even registered on there anyways.
All the $.03 titles I found in-store today were indeed listed as $.03 on Brickseek. I'm sure there were other games in-store that low that I missed, but I can't look up every single title on BS. Not like the $.03 games were in their own special discounted section. They were just mixed in with all the games. The sticker price on some of the $.03 games was as high as $39.82. If I hadn't seen the great post here from earlier today, no way I would have known.

I thought the cashier in Electronics wouldn't give em to me, but she barely batted an eye as she said at the end, that'll be 29 cents please...lol. Think she was just ready to have her shift over or something. Just shows how much YMMV. I could have gotten a hard-ass, like some here have reported.

Yup. Sadly we do live in an area where a lot...a LOT...of people make a living by reselling. Too many times where I've went and bought retro games from people that turn around and ask if you need a new cell phone or shoes too. So any time a deal comes up, the hordes of resellers hit every single store. I already saw posts of the 3 cent games where people wanted $20 a pop all over facebook. When Dollar General had those Lego Dimensions sets for super cheap, these people went out, hit up every one, bought the entire thing out, and now I hit up the flea market and see tables full of them trying to sell at $5 each. You almost have to catch a deal right as it's happening or it's gone, can't compete with a mass of people that make this their "job".

My local gamestop is right in front of a walmart and they said within an hour of the flipageddon deals being mentioned, they were 100% positive every copy of PvZ: GW2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 went from Walmart across the parking lot to Gamestop. Hell, I flip too so I'm all for that, Gamestop even said take advantage of their deals, etc. But then there was the K-Mart $200 PS4 thing about 2 years ago that was insane, and when I went to get one, a guy came in, points to the case and says "give me every PS4 you have in there", and fought them until the manager gave in and price matched. They're some of the worst dealers I've ever dealt with too.
As for the store, I think it was the loop one, but I mean, everything in Denton is in the "loop" so I have no idea what official name they give it. Guy was just giving an employee hell at an hour way too early for them to be dealing with bullshit. They shouldn't get that treatment anyway, but that early in the morning just makes that guy an even bigger asshole.
Not to mention they raid our local FB groups and DM people who sold their gaming stuff at a good prixe, trying to snatch them before delivery. I live just a few miles north east of you guys/girls :)

Add Professor Layton and the Last Specter to the 3 cents list.
That’s a heck of a find as it’s $40+ on eBay. I’m heading to three local Walmarts today and will report back if I find any other 3-centers. One of the stores recently moved about all of its last gen stuff to an end cap so it will be easy to grab and go.

Sweet I've been trying to get wario diy for a while now and there's a store 17 miles from me that has 5 in stock. Not sure I care much about the others listed but at 3cents it wouldn't hurt to check em out. Anyone have any other links for any other 3 cent games?

Also not sure if I've ever been to that Walmart so it'll be nice to see what they all have clearance wise.

Just wanted to report that I was able to pick up a couple of the $0.03 games at a local Walmart.  Cashier gave no trouble and even commented on how good of a deal I was getting today.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3) is also $0.03.

Unfortunately I was denied at the self checkout when the game prompted the clerk to verify my age since it was M-rated.  Sounds like self checkout is definitely the way to go either way as I would have been fine if the game wasn't M rated.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3) is also $0.03.

Unfortunately I was denied at the self checkout when the game prompted the clerk to verify my age since it was M-rated. Sounds like self checkout is definitely the way to go either way as I would have been fine if the game wasn't M rated.
There are two different numbers for it on Brickseek, this is the one that worked for me:
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=20604976

Also 360 version is .03 some places too.

Falling Skies PS3
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=36443464

bread's done
Back