Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having no luck whatsoever. The salt in the wound is that the stores I'm trying are these ghetto, shitty ones that are always a mess. As soon as this clearance started they literally pulled almost every game from the $19.99 and under rack and cleaned up the entire video game section. Only game I found marked 3 cents was a Ps3 copy of Ncaa 2013 Football that someone stole the disc out of.

8NzXXu6_d.jpg

Are the games labeled as $.03? Just curious if I need to get a list together before hand or I can just browse in store.

I have to go to Hialeah to get most of the games, which is pretty much a 3rd world country.

Are the games labeled as $.03? Just curious if I need to get a list together before hand or I can just browse in store.

I have to go to Hialeah to get most of the games, which is pretty much a 3rd world country.
It's Walmart of course they won't be labeled properly. Major score at the third store I checked, they had tons. Add nba 2k13 wii to the list.

Almost all games are behind glass at my WM, so I have to ask employees to open for me to scan. Hope you get someone patient.
1 Walmart I've checked so far had the games locked up, but they all had the games individually labeled at $25 to $30 each. So even if they did ring up at .03, they could just adjust it to its labeled price and cover their ass.

Just struck out. Brickseek showed a bunch of copies of both professor Layton’s and they didn’t have anything. A few copies of Metroid and Sin and Punishment but I passed.

My local walmart has some Wii games and one 3DS game at $0.03 so I will be going there soon and will report back here.  Can I buy all of the games if they have more than one or is that being too greedy?

Only thing my Walmarts have is Legend of Korra.

Still bought 4. Left the rest for the unknown CAGs in my area

Ugh I don't have time to go check anywhere today. I assume I'll be cucked out of everything by a slickdealer by tomorrow. No idea what I would do with that many copies anyway!

The WM employees let me buy the 3-cent titles yesterday, but not today. Went to a different WM that Brickseek showed had the Layton titles. This time, cashier in Electronics called over the manager after she rung up the titles. He did some checking and said I couldn't have the games at that price because they're going to be routed to "claims". I politely said if the title is marked that low, shouldn't you honor that price? He just said sorry and I left. Oh well. YMMV, as we all very well know.

Persona 4 Arena for PS3 and 360 is .03 too. I don’t know if this helps but when I pull up Legend of Korra on my phone it shows “Buy in store .03”. The checker I got immediately denied the sale but when I showed her the app was the same too she called a manager and they allowed it. Hope this helps.

Brickseek says there are 3 of those 50 inch LG tvs but the website says none in stock.  I should still go to the store though and ask there correct?

Went to one of the few Walmarts that still has a gigantic bin full of mostly older games; been there for about 2 years.  Even got a few 360 games Dec 2016 that might be $.03 now.   The scanner is an aisle over so loaded any game that may be marked down into my cart and just checked them all. 

For the ones that rang up correctly, I went to self checkout and bought some other things I was already going to buy.  Since Bound by Flame was M and guy had to come check, I got another M game first that had normal price and so he never saw the $.03 games that came after; also only had to check 1 M game so any afterward were out of sight.  Would have gotten a few multiple copies, but don't have any need for them.  The 20 Other M copies were left for another lucky soul.  Might go back and look at every single game; only looked as deep as the bin could handle.

New ones to look out for:

Wii - Warioland Shake It

DS - Golden Sun Dark Dawn

3DS - Spirit Camera Cursed Memoir

DS - Glory of Heracles

new add -

360 - Remember Me

Getting anyone to check anything in the back is an exercise futility. My particular store employee told me they most definitely don’t sell LG TVs in 49 inches, which I would’ve accepted if I hadn’t found a wall display of a 49” tv, forcing them to walk into the back to check and come back to prove their point. Just let me go back there, I’ll get the TV you have in stock.

Surprisingly, I had a 100-percent success rate today, given that I faced scrutiny at two stores.

At Store #1, I first snagged all the games that were out-of-case that didn't have the security cases on them and bought them since I knew I'd face no scrutiny using self check-out. Then I snagged all of the other games they had that were in the security cases. The associate at self check-out took off the cases and I checked out no problem.

At Store #2, I grabbed their set of three-cent games and headed to self check-out only to find that, oops, they were remodeling that area and there was no self check-out. So I took it to a register and the woman scanned a couple and saw they were ringing up .03. "That can't be right," she said. She checked them all and they all came up three cents (What a coincidence!  :p ) So she called someone from electronics to look. He scanned them and saw they were all coming up .03 and said to sell them to me.

"You one of those website gurus?" he asked me.

I chuckled and said I wasn't one of those "Slick Deals guys."

"You sure got lucky," the female associate said.

"He wasn't lucky," the electronics guy grumbled.

At Store #3, they just had a few and they were behind the locked case. So I asked for them and when they rang them up in electronics the associate did a double-take (a recurring theme nationwide, no doubt.) A manager was nearby and said, "We don't sell the Wii stuff anymore, so they are probably clearancing it out." So more success there.

In all, I got 33 games for 99 cents, plus tax.  :D/

Stopped by my local Walmart that said they had some of the Wii games and a 3DS game in stock. None of the games were on display so I asked the guy and he said he will ask his manager and he came back and told me those games are either shipped back to the companies or getting ready to ship and it takes a week to update so I didn't get any games. Heading to another Walmart to try to get the TV.

Dude Excite Truck is awesome. Nice!

So I'm at the Walmart that says they have three of the LG TVs in stock. Guy tells me they don't have any and people have been looking for a month but he has none. Something is fishy. Is brickseek really that wrong?

He did some checking and said I couldn't have the games at that price because they're going to be routed to "claims".
FYI, Claims is actually the department that handles stuff to be sent back to the vendor/warehouse/whatever. So he didn't just make that up.

My local walmart has some Wii games and one 3DS game at $0.03 so I will be going there soon and will report back here. Can I buy all of the games if they have more than one or is that being too greedy?
In this case I’d argue not because 1) these are games that are several years old and people aren’t going to be running into WM to buy them so no need to feel like you’re cheating someone else and 2) it’s WM that’s getting the raw end of it. I don’t think their stock will take a hit over the “three-cent army.” 😂

Surprisingly, I had a 100-percent success rate today, given that I faced scrutiny at two stores.

At Store #1, I first snagged all the games that were out-of-case that didn't have the security cases on them and bought them since I knew I'd face no scrutiny using self check-out. Then I snagged all of the other games they had that were in the security cases. The associate at self check-out took off the cases and I checked out no problem.

At Store #2, I grabbed their set of three-cent games and headed to self check-out only to find that, oops, they were remodeling that area and there was no self check-out. So I took it to a register and the woman scanned a couple and saw they were ringing up .03. "That can't be right," she said. She checked them all and they all came up three cents (What a coincidence! :p ) So she called someone from electronics to look. He scanned them and saw they were all coming up .03 and said to sell them to me.

At Store #3, they just had a few and they were behind the locked case. So I asked for them and when they rang them up in electronics the associate did a double-take (a recurring theme nationwide, no doubt.) A manager was nearby and said, "We don't sell the Wii stuff anymore, so they are probably clearancing it out." So more success there.

In all, I got 33 games for 99 cents, plus tax. :D/
Any Ps4 stuff?

In this case I’d argue not because 1) these are games that are several years old and people aren’t going to be running into WM to buy them so no need to feel like you’re cheating someone else and 2) it’s WM that’s getting the raw end of it. I don’t think their stock will take a hit over the “three-cent army.” 😂
The way that Walmart inventory works is they report the sale and pay their vendor. So sellinf the $.03 might trigger a transaction/record to pay whoever owned the inventory $10, $30, etc.

Think of the Video Games section as a consignment shop. Walmart doesn't own it, at least not 100%.

The way that Walmart inventory works is they report the sale and pay their vendor. So sellinf the $.03 might trigger a transaction/record to pay whoever owned the inventory $10, $30, etc.

Think of the Video Games section as a consignment shop. Walmart doesn't own it, at least not 100%.
I figured it was something like that. I’m not going to feel too sorry for them when they discount it, but keep it out front and then sell it to me even after scrutinizing the transaction.

If you can find this, its pretty much striking gold. To bad no stores around seem to show any stock.

Good thing about picking up a handful of these games, they make for cheap DS/3DS/Wii replacement cases.
Yeah, it’s around $35 on eBay. Professor Layton and the Last Specter is better at ~$40. There are tons of Kirby’s Epic Yarn copies floating around and those go for around $20 shipped.

I struck out on a bunch of Walmarts today for $.3 games, Vizio sound bar, and Lego sets; all of which was showing in stock on Brickseek. I would say of all the brickseek deals I've chased, I may have gotten 1/3 of them at best.

Mixed success (mostly failure) at my local store. WarioWare and Lol were behind glass so the associate had to grab them. Ancient dude almost had a heart attack when he saw the price and ran to get a manager, who apparently 'took them to claims'. Found a couple copies of Rhythm Heaven and Other M which I took to self check out. Rhythm Heaven rang up at $15 for some reason despite the app saying it was cheaper but I did get Other M for $.03. Will hit up a few stores tomorrow and see what happens. Pretty weird deal tbh

Long story short, failed to get anything but Legend of Korra for 3DS.  The Walmart that wasn't supposed to have any in stock did and it was listed as $29.96 but rung up as 3 cents and the depo manager wasn't going to sell it to me at first but then after all I went through with CS on the phone(waiting for a call back from the store manager)he decided to sell it to me after talking with an assistant depo manager. He then took the rest of the games to ship them back.  The store acknowledged the mistake on inventory on the TV and so did the CS phone I called but I am now waiting on if the store manager will sell me a different TV for $169.  Considering the only price for the LGTV they had was $329 not $169 like BS says, I doubt I will get them to honor the $169 price for a different model TV.  Supposed to know in 1 to 3 days.

Went around to two stores.

Got metroid M, rhythm fever, wolf among us(PS3), zone of the Enders and legend of korra all for 0.03 each.

Metroid and Korra were behind the glass and were actually marked as 0.03. The others were in a bin

Also picked up Professor Layton and the ASEAN legacy for 24

At Store #2, I grabbed their set of three-cent games and headed to self check-out only to find that, oops, they were remodeling that area and there was no self check-out. So I took it to a register and the woman scanned a couple and saw they were ringing up .03. "That can't be right," she said. She checked them all and they all came up three cents (What a coincidence! :p ) So she called someone from electronics to look. He scanned them and saw they were all coming up .03 and said to sell them to me.

In all, I got 33 games for 99 cents, plus tax. :D/
I'm surprised whenever I read here that people just take games "out of case" up to self-checkout. Not sure what everyone else's experience is but at every Walmart I've ever been to in my area, almost all the games are behind locked glass cases. The only exceptions are a handful of budget items and cruddy PC games. So, to get a game out, you have to get an employee to unlock the case. But they don't just hand you the game...they walk it back to the register in Electronics. If you're not ready to pay immediately, they keep it behind the counter.

So, I don't know how some are able to walk a game (let alone, several), back to self-checkout. The folks in Electronics at my WM's are very security conscious and would never let a game they got out of the glass cases out of their sight.

The folks in Electronics at my WM's are very security conscious and would never let a game they got out of the glass cases out of their sight.
Which is odd, as I can only imagine on black friday it's essentially a free-for-all for shoplifters since none of the discounted games/accessories/consoles are in cases or even spiderwrapped.

I struck out on a bunch of Walmarts today for $.3 games, Vizio sound bar, and Lego sets; all of which was showing in stock on Brickseek. I would say of all the brickseek deals I've chased, I may have gotten 1/3 of them at best.
Don't put too much faith in Brickseek imo. Be prepared to not find anything. Or don't expect anythin at all and be pleasantly surprised when you actually find something

The Saddle Brook, NJ Wal-Mart is picked clean. Legend of Korra and Spirit Camera didn't come up as 3 cents and as I was going into electronics, one guy asked for all the Monster Hunter 3s and Personal Running game with the pedometer.

I'm surprised whenever I read here that people just take games "out of case" up to self-checkout. Not sure what everyone else's experience is but at every Walmart I've ever been to in my area, almost all the games are behind locked glass cases. The only exceptions are a handful of budget items and cruddy PC games. So, to get a game out, you have to get an employee to unlock the case. But they don't just hand you the game...they walk it back to the register in Electronics. If you're not ready to pay immediately, they keep it behind the counter.

So, I don't know how some are able to walk a game (let alone, several), back to self-checkout. The folks in Electronics at my WM's are very security conscious and would never let a game they got out of the glass cases out of their sight.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

The ones I walked to the front were in individual security cases on end caps, not in the locked big case.

Was able to grab Metroid Other M for 3 cents. Sadly, that was the only 3 cent game I found at my local Walmart.

Thanks to the people contributing in this thread.

bread's done
Back