Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I paid (almost) full price when the Professor Layton games came out. They are good games!
Same I bought em when they came out to play.

My Walmarts had nothing when I had checked Sunday morning I believed so I thought this was totally YMMV. But now I see so many peoples success. This is truly another moment to go down in CAG record book. Makes you wonder if this happened when gba, gamecube, etc era was over or if it will happen for more wii and wii u games at a later date.

Anyway, congrats to those who had a successful hunt!

I knew the employee would try something funny. I tried buying two monitors and the employee said they were not for sale and stuck them behind the register. Manager came over and sold me ONE.

Same I bought em when they came out to play.

My Walmarts had nothing when I had checked Sunday morning I believed so I thought this was totally YMMV. But now I see so many peoples success. This is truly another moment to go down in CAG record book. Makes you wonder if this happened when gba, gamecube, etc era was over or if it will happen for more wii and wii u games at a later date.

Anyway, congrats to those who had a successful hunt!
Fire sales at the end of a console's lifetime are not unusual, providing you are in the right place at the right time (and are still interested in up to 10-year old inventory).

While this situation is certainly up there, my personal best (favorite) was getting a mint, used copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (game, case, unused Club Nintendo code!) on clearance at Gamestop for about $5. At the time, used copies had been going for north of $100 and I never could quite justify the cost. Only a few years later, Gamestop would have jacked up the price on all rare used copies and I couldn't have gotten anywhere near that good of a deal.

So far, nothing has topped the $0.50 copy of Fantasy Life or the $0.01 copy of Disney Magical World 2 that I found at WM like six months back. My other big ones were Cubivore for $2.50 and Gotcha Force for $7, though those were from mom and pop shops.

I had to raise a fuss to get my PS4 headset for $15. I did a return/repurchase. Bought one at full price and took it to the walmart that had it clearanced. They wouldn't do a exchange difference so I gave up after asking for the number to corporate.

When I just said Ok fine ill do a full return I asked if I did a site to store order could I do a return and repurchase then for the clearance price. She said no they can't do that on clearance items.

Then I asked when will this item be finished will claims and available back on the sales floor. She called about it to which they said to get someone on it now for me so it gets back to sales floor for me. Which I got lucky when I walked up to customer service the first young lady kept going to open the box to check. I kept having to shout at her lady I want to buy this again DO NOT OPEN IT. about to literally grab it from her as I knew I still owned the item and was just inquiring about the return. The reason being I knew if she popped that seal claims couldn't let it go back on the sales floor.

claims came over to get all electronics items and after awhile I just went up to the assistant manager explained my situation. They were going back and forth with me running me around.  The assistant manager even got upset and said find his item now and do whatever he wants. He said you shouldn't have run him around if you were just going to resell the item anyway. 

So long story short it was a debacle. I thought I was getting denied at first and ready to just return for a full refund.  The lady who ultimately  gave me the hardest time was responsible for going other alternatives to make it work. 

Most of these 3 cent games are actually good, it's just dudebro teens who play Roblox with their little cousins who think they suck. And nearly any new game that only costs 3 cents can be flipped, especially first party Nintendo titles.

I got the following a few weeks ago at Walmart Rotterdam NY

:ps4: Persona 5 Steelbook $20

:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $5

:xb1: Black Ops III $10

:360: Two Worlds 2 $10

:3ds: Brain Age Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! $5

:ps4: Pillars of Eternity Complete Edition $5

:Wiiu: Mario Party 10 w/ Bowzer Amiibo $5

Awesome haul. Gave a few of the games to family & GF. 

New ones to add to the list:

PSP MLB 11 The Show
3DS Castkevania Lords of Shadow

And for a whopping 2 cents:

DS Johnny Bravo Date-o-Rama

Sorry I’m mobile and it’s harder to post the Brickseek links.

Add

Farming Simulator 14 (3DS)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 Special Edition (Wii)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 (PS3)
NCAA Football '12 (PS3)
NCAA Football '13 (PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '13 (PS3)

I got the following a few weeks ago at Walmart Rotterdam NY
:ps4: Persona 5 Steelbook $20
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $5
:xb1: Black Ops III $10
:360: Two Worlds 2 $10
:3ds: Brain Age Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! $5
:ps4: Pillars of Eternity Complete Edition $5
:Wiiu: Mario Party 10 w/ Bowzer Amiibo $5

Awesome haul. Gave a few of the games to family & GF.
Great price on Pillars. Lowest reduced price I've seen at WM is $25, and don't think that was the CE.

Okay so I'm finally done with my hauls The Secaucus, NJ and North Bergen, NJ are now picked clean. I walked out from both with

1x Farming Simulator '14 (3DS)
3x Steel Diver (3DS)
2x The Legend of Korra (3DS)
2x Professor Layton and the Unbound Future (DS)
2x Metroid Other M (Wii)
3x Sin and Punishment (Wii)
1x Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 Special Edition (Wii)
7x NCAA Football '12 (PS3)
3x NCAA Football '13 (PS3)
2x Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 (PS3)
3x Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12 (PS3)
14x Tiger Woods PGA Tour '13 (PS3)

I hit five stores in the Birmingham, AL area today, with middling success, definitely nothing like Monday in the Decatur, AL area when I scored 10+ copies of Kirby's Epic Yarn and Metroid Other M.

The biggest takeaway was when the guy in photo scanned the Personal Trainer Walking DS with the pedometers and said, "Really? Damn."

The three-cent games I got today were:

Personal Trainer Walking x2

Rhythm Heaven Fever x2

Sin & Punishment x2

Steel Diver x1

MLB The Show '12 PSP x2

I also got four Lumines Plus for PS2 for 50 cents each, one Puzzle Quest Galactix for DS for $1, one Johnny Bravo DS for .02.

I got shut down at two stores, including one that had quite a few Metroid Other M, Legend of Korra and Personal Trainer Walking.

Brickseek was pretty unreliable for these stores, multiples of which allegedly had bunches of copies of Metroid and Kirby. I suspect they're in the box in the back, but I couldn't get any associate help in that regard.

The best thing I found today was a massive clearance on a variety of toys, electronics, etc. at the Bessemer, AL store. I got a lot of those Pokemon Sun & Moon single packs ($1) and double packs ($2) that come with bonus cards and a spinner(?). They are still quite a few left if anybody nearby is reading this.

I wonder if our efforts will be enough to trigger a companywide memo saying to find your three-cent games and pull them from the shelves!  :shame:

Man they pulled everything at another store. I know for sure they had at least eight copies of metroid and tons of steel diver a few weeks ago.

Probably 5+ copies of legend of Korra at my local Walmart. Still $29.xx though.

Also got a condescending "lol, no" rejection from an old female cashier when I was at self checkout trying to check out (would have been fine, but freaking Wolf Among Us triggered employee override since it was rated M). Of course she acts like I'm a criminal saying there's no way the games are 3 cents, despite she herself having scanned it like twice to verify.

I got Dragon's Dogma 360 for 3 cents.  That is the only one I didn't notice anyone talking about.

Man getting a bunch of games for 30 cents really made my day.

Add Dragon Quest IX ds To the list.
This and probably Dragon's Dogma are the best games on his .03 list.

I got Dragon's Dogma 360 for 3 cents. That is the only one I didn't notice anyone talking about.

Man getting a bunch of games for 30 cents really made my day.

Vanilla or Dark Arisen?
Dark Arisen apparently. Because the PS3 DA version is showing as .03 for me.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=23001148

Apparently most of the time that things are multiplatform between 360/PS3 they're both .03 as there was some other stuff I forgot earlier.

So far, nothing has topped the $0.50 copy of Fantasy Life or the $0.01 copy of Disney Magical World 2 that I found at WM like six months back. My other big ones were Cubivore for $2.50 and Gotcha Force for $7, though those were from mom and pop shops.
Is FL and Disney Magical World still that price if we find them or they back to regular clearance?

Add Metal Gear Rising To the list for PS3.    Also NHL 12 PS3.

Was going to get a couple more games but got shot down today and the store knew about the 3 cent games, they just hadn't went through all the inventory yet.

Add Metal Gear Rising To the list for PS3. Also NHL 12 PS3.

Was going to get a couple more games but got shot down today and the store knew about the 3 cent games, they just hadn't went through all the inventory yet.
Not sure if “dang” or “yay” to see all these new titles added to the list that were at one of the stores I visited Monday. May require a return trip.

I went to one walmart yesterday that was chock full of clearance games. Go there again today and the entire shelf was wiped out. I assume they just grabbed anything remotely clearance and chucked them in the back or behind the counter. Went to another walmart, all the 3 cent games had disappeared and their own store site had "price unavailable" on them. The only thing that was left was Wolf Among Us on ps4 which the site still rang up at 3 cents but was nowhere to be found on the floor and Korra which they still had 3 or 4 copies left for $25, but when I checked the price in-app rang up to $4.37 for the store but 3 cents for everyone else. The way the employees act is such bull. The prices were set at 3 cents nationwide and they act like it was a glitch. This doesn't feel like a glitch. One store getting 3 cents, there's a problem or a glitch, but all the stores nationwide?

Found some metroid ms and kirby yarn. Left 2 of each for others. When kirby was on clearance before they didn't have it but now they did.

My local Walmart cleaned out all off the clearance games and sent them back 😩 I was able to score two of the LG 4K Blu-ray players for $25 each, though 😀

I tried to price adjust one of the 4k blurays players from $49 to $25, but they wouldn't do it because it was over 7 days. Do you guys have any suggestions for how to price adjust after 7 days have passed?

Or a knife in clearance or glue or paint.
And if anyone is worried about the price being sketchy is buy a bunch of other stuff while you're there that way it will more likely be overlooked.

Add Metal Gear Rising To the list for PS3. Also NHL 12 PS3.

360 too.

Bound By Flame for PS4 was
Wow. Thats a shocker. I expected that from the last gen versions (I even got my 360 copy from Walmart for $2 a ways back) but yeah it appears all the PS3 and 360 versions are as well.

How do you guys find the skus to search brickseek? I can't find them on the walmart product pages.
I use the search feature on brickseek, most the games I searched for showed up.

Though I had no luck, found some super old PS2 games that rang up $0.02 and a bunch of games already mentioned for $0.03 but when I went to normal checkout in the front, lady called electronics and the guy came and was like we can't sell these and just walks away with them back to electronics. I did avoid checking out at electronics so less likely to get denied. Seems like when Walmart employees see cheap prices they panic do they get fired if they sell cheap items or something?

I use the search feature on brickseek, most the games I searched for showed up.

Though I had no luck, found some super old PS2 games that rang up $0.02 and a bunch of games already mentioned for $0.03 but when I went to normal checkout in the front, lady called electronics and the guy came and was like we can't sell these and just walks away with them back to electronics. I did avoid checking out at electronics so less likely to get denied. Seems like when Walmart employees see cheap prices they panic do they get fired if they sell cheap items or something?
Thanks. I didn't know about that search feature.

I don't understand that either. If I worked a retail register, I would be happy for customers who found a good deal, even if it's 20 copies of Other M for spare wii cases. I think Walmart as a corporation isn't going to file for bankruptcy because they sold some games that were probably supposed to be destroyed and sent to a landfill with Atari 2600 E.T.

Now if you're stacking 10 coupons to get something for .03 I sort of understand it's breaking policy. If it's just ringing up .03, I don't know if that's breaking their policy to sell it. I don't shop at walmart often.

Speaking of, i was at walmart today, and thought id get a free metroid other m. walmart was too confused though

The lady at the register (50s) ringed it up, looked confused, and checked to make sure she was scanning the upc. it kept ringing up as 3 cents but she said "hold on, its not ringing up". She calls her manager and says "Hey I have a NINTENDO game up here, it keeps ringing up as three cents". i guess the public buys into the ebay mindset. nintendo game=50$. the manager (early 20s if that, sounded high) comes to make sure shes scanning the upc, she is and hes like hmm....and pulls out his cell phone. "yeah youre gonna need to enter in this price...looks like it's 14.56$". i said no thanks, because i mostly wanted a 3 cent copy of that POS for the meme's sake. then i look up other m on walmart.com to check something and...........

aCXNFSP.png

umm.................

DKk6rBU.png

lol ok

Well I went to the WalMart today that said they had Wario DIY and Warland Shake It and found nothing :( Also now today when I look up both those items they say none around my area.

So I'm wondering if anyone is willing to help me out with a few games, mostly the Warios?

Looking for these games if someone wants to help:

Warioware D.I.Y.

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii

Warioland Shake It

Any Mario Party 10

Please and thanks :)

steel diver 3ds x9

other M Wii x10

all for under a dollar. Man have not had scores like these since Toys R Us -10 halo reach coupon on every 360 game + clearance and BB free games with coupons

bread's done
Back