Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I've yet to have any trouble at self-checkout.  If you need to get around the M rating, just input a regular priced whatever over 17 first so they don't see the $.03 afterwards; you can easily return them if you want.

Now if your games have the cages on them, that's YMMV; just depends on if the employee sees the price when getting it off and cares.  Got shut down a little bit today with that nonsense.

Went back to my bin today which has 95% cage-less copies and got everything I didn't have.  Wish I would have found some of the rarer stuff, but apparently that's long gone or in the back.

New stuff I found (some were mentioned today but no brickseek links)

360 - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

3DS - Sonic Lost World

360 - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

360 - Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition

360 - Zone of Enders HD

How do you guys find the skus to search brickseek? I can't find them on the walmart product pages.
The SKU shows up in web browser address bar when viewing an item. When I look at an item in Safari on my phone it's the last set of numbers.

[attachment=29389:IMG_8929.PNG]
[attachment=29390:IMG_8930.PNG]
[attachment=29391:IMG_8931.PNG]

Why is it that people on cag know that $.03 games are to be sent back to claims, but walmart csm, asm, and such don’t?
You’re asking why Walmart employees know next to nothing about their actual positions? Not enough space in this entire forum to completely answer that question, pal! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Walmart employees hate their jobs and aren't paid enough to care? They won't spend 30 seconds in the back to look for an item but they'll call a manager over to shoot down someone legitimately trying to buy a video game? Incredible

I got more steeldivers and personal trainer walkers.

They are useless. TIV to gamestop is $0.03 cents and $0.25 cents.

Essentially useless. Going to give them to my friends kid.

I’m another note, I really think we should every once in awhile, have a post with the skus and links to the current hot items to look for. Not every 3 cent game, but the other items popular right now. Like
Samsung 40” tv
Lg 49” tv
PS4 gold headset
Lego first order destroyer
Lego first order walker
Lg blu ray player

I’m another note, I really think we should every once in awhile, have a post with the skus and links to the current hot items to look for. Not every 3 cent game, but the other items popular right now. Like
Samsung 40” tv
Lg 49” tv
PS4 gold headset
Lego first order destroyer
Lego first order walker
Lg blu ray player
Some of the games are actually good.

Most of those deals you mentioned are like less then 15% in stores. The gold headset is 3%. The chances of finding any of those deals is unlikely.

Chances of finding $0.03 cents games is high for the next few days.

Most of those deals you mentioned are like less then 15% in stores. The gold headset is 3%. The chances of finding any of those deals is unlikely.

I'm curious, how does one even find a $.03 item in the first place? Just randomly scan items? I doubt it's shelf tagged at that price.

Lol. Just got the "omg it rang up 3 cents" and then they refused a copy of nhl13. They received a prompt to override to $29 for Wario Ware DIY. I'm like dafuq

Did you find this on the sales floor? They have a few nearby but asking will just alert the vulture employees.
The monitor was on the shelf in the electronics section, just in a corner near a bunch of other unpriced clearance routers and things. I didn't have to ask any employees to fetch it for me. I did have to ask the lady at self-checkout to take off the security thing though, but she was so busy being concerned about the 3 cent games to even comment about the monitor price, and I imagine once you actually have the thing in your basket you probably won't be given a hard time.

None of the other 4 or 5 Walmarts I've been to in my area even seem to put out any clearance electronics, so I have to always ask them to look in the back. I have a very low success rate with them.

I got more steeldivers and personal trainer walkers.

They are useless. TIV to gamestop is $0.03 cents and $0.25 cents.

Essentially useless. Going to give them to my friends kid.
I wouldn’t mind a couple of each if you’re just going to get rid of them...none of the WMs around me have either one in stock. Too bad there isn’t a $0.03 deal for first class shipping via USPS...[emoji23]

Yea I’m just kinda saying that because there are a lot of 3 cent games, so listing all of them and adding to it consistently would be a cluster.

My local Mom n Pop gives $2 guaranteed for games unless its older sports games.

Otherwise, wait for the next 6 Trades with 70% Bonus at Gamestop. You've got your filler games if you don't have enough to get the max TIV percent.

Even though the LG 49" is out of stock at one store near me, it dropped to $79. Tried searching to see if this was mentioned already but only seen that it was last mentioned being $169 and $115. Other stores have it in stock at $328 still.

So wait did anyone get Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii for 3 cents?

because there are copies of that all over but they are all on Brickseek for $19.   So far Brickseek has been pretty good about showing which games were 3 cents.

Also it's hilarious how different employees are.  Some of the younger people were just amused and helpful.

One of the other idiots took my copy of Persona 4 Arena and put it back on the shelf somehow when I wasn't paying attention.  I mean I got 10 other games but man it cheesed me off that he screwed me over on that one title for some reason.  Manager had said it was OK for me to buy the games.

I thought Walmart employees hate their jobs and aren't paid enough to care? They won't spend 30 seconds in the back to look for an item but they'll call a manager over to shoot down someone legitimately trying to buy a video game? Incredible
Some hate the customers just as much as they hate their job.

It's the corporate culture.  They think they will get in trouble for selling something at too low of a price (even when it's clearly a nationwide system issue).

Walmart puts too much pressure on their departments to keep too much stuff on the shelves.  Some managers don't handle the stress well and it reflects on how their staff are.  Other store managers have their stock in order and their employees are way more laid back and friendly.

Went to Walmart today and saw 2 of the Samsung 40inch MU6290 near the bluray section. Seems they were returns since one had a big orange tag on the side or what but some stores in my area have some in stock. Brickseek last few weeks everywhere were out but they show some in stock now. Some stores have it for $169 and some $79 for lowest price on brickseek. Upgrading from a 2013 Sony Bravia 32in and it was worth it. 

[attachment=29394:DSC_0169.JPG]

The monitor was on the shelf in the electronics section, just in a corner near a bunch of other unpriced clearance routers and things. I didn't have to ask any employees to fetch it for me. I did have to ask the lady at self-checkout to take off the security thing though, but she was so busy being concerned about the 3 cent games to even comment about the monitor price, and I imagine once you actually have the thing in your basket you probably won't be given a hard time.

None of the other 4 or 5 Walmarts I've been to in my area even seem to put out any clearance electronics, so I have to always ask them to look in the back. I have a very low success rate with them.
yeah, all the ones near me keep everything in the back. Asking them to type in the sku number is pointless because they always tell me "item not found"

Is FL and Disney Magical World still that price if we find them or they back to regular clearance?
I don't believe so. It would have been about six months ago, but I check regularly and they seem to have just been that price at one location and then they both went back up.

It's the corporate culture. They think they will get in trouble for selling something at too low of a price (even when it's clearly a nationwide system issue).
That's pretty much what one of the cashiers said yesterday.

Walmart puts too much pressure on their departments to keep too much stuff on the shelves. Some managers don't handle the stress well and it reflects on how their staff are. Other store managers have their stock in order and their employees are way more laid back and friendly.
I had to convince one my zone managers (or whatever they're called) to put out some skylander sets that were on clearance for like $3-$5 that I had found in the back. They were taking up a buttload of space in the back, and I wanted to clear some stuff out. He was hesitant and didn't want to do so. I'm not sure exactly why? There was also a bunch of other clearance crap in the back that needed to go, but after that I didn't feel like asking again and just left it in the back. Same with displays. For some stupid reason, they just let all the stuff sit in the back instead of getting rid of it.

You’re asking why Walmart employees know next to nothing about their actual positions? Not enough space in this entire forum to completely answer that question, pal! [emoji4]

I overheard an employee talking to another employee yesterday about having to "do a de-escalation CBL (Connections Based Learning; web-based learning module), and I thought to myself "shouldn't that have been one of the first training modules you learned". Literally if they don't learn it through CBL's or whatever, they probably don't apply it (and even if they do learn it through a training module... they probably don't apply it).

yeah, all the ones near me keep everything in the back. Asking them to type in the sku number is pointless because they always tell me "item not found"
If you ask them to type in the SKU number, as in the SKU number you input on brickseek's website, it will turn up "item not found" on the hand scanner. You have to give them the UPC. The SKU number only applies to that respective item on Walmart.com, and is irrelevant when checking stock in store on the hand scanner (doesn't make sense, but that's how it is).

One store says they have 3 for $79 while every other store shows OOS. doubt they’re actually there but I’m going to check tomorrow

I found one of the $79 LG 49” tonight! I assume return, since it has that orange sticker? Will unbox tonight and hope for the best.

Are they saving it for themselves? When the price goes down enough that they can afford it?
No I don't think so, mainly because some of the stuff had been sitting there awhile as far as I could tell.

When I started working there they had set up a couple folding tables with a bunch of clearance games. For whatever reason, about a week after they put them out in the aisle with a big clearance sign on it, the games disappeared. I figured they sold them all somehow after I left for the night. A couple months later I was looking in the back for something and I came across 100+ games in a box, the aforementioned clearance games. I knew it was them as I had bought some stuff, they were still clearly labeled with the yellow clearance sticker. So instead of completely selling any remaining stock, they just put it back in the electronics cage.

Then we had a 50"+ tv that was a display that had been sitting in the back cage, in the aisle. There was probably more clearance stuff besides the games, Skylander sets, display tv, etc., but it was a huge mess and who knows what else was stashed back there. Also found a couple clearance iPads before I got fired that were super cheap, but I didn't even bother asking my manager if I could buy them as I knew he would tell me no.

Even though I worked in the electronics department, I myself didn't get all that many clearance deals (I would say the amount of clearance stuff I got would amount to ~$500 worth of stuff if I had bought it at MSRP; most of which was about $70%-80% off, so I probably paid about $100-$150 for everything I bought total over 6 months working there). No crazy finds like tvs's, laptops, desktops, etc. that are being posted here.

Don’t tease us like that. We need details.
Sunday:

Bound by Flame (PS4) x 4

Metroid: Other M (WII) x 4

Kirby Epic Yarn (WII) x4

Warioware (DS) x5

Monday:

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii) x1

Tuesday:

Skylanders Imaginators Portal Owners Pack (X1) x 1....this was $3.00

Steel Diver (DS) x4

Personal Trainer Walking (DS) x2

Warioware (DS) x2

Glory of Heracles (DS) x3

Kirby's Epic Yarn (WII) x4

Sin & Punishment (WII) x3

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii) x3

Metal Gear Rising (PS3) x1

Metal Gear Rising (360) x1

Wednesday:

Sonic: The Lost World (3DS) x4

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) x2

Wolf Among Us (PS4) x1

Wolf Among Us (X1) x1

All from 5 stores

I can say from personal experience that you CAN get three cent games from Wal-Mart... but it may take more work than you want to put into it. I grabbed Rodea the Sky Soldier, the DS Stepmeter, Sin and Punishment 2, and the Wolf Among Us along with a can of Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade. The Mike's made the "40 or over?" warning pop up on the register, removing that hurdle (and giving me something tasty to drink when I got back home). Wolf Among Us and Sin and Punishment 2 went through without a hitch. Rodea was marked five dollars, but they wanted to charge $25 for it... er, no thanks! The DS Stepmeter came up as three cents, but they had to double check it with electronics, and after five minutes of hemming and hawing, I was told that they wanted $24 dollars for it. Nope, gotta pass on that one, too.

I wasn't making too many friends with the people behind me in the checkout lane, but ultimately I did get two games for three cents each. I already own Sin and Punishment 2 and never cared for Wolf Among Us, but hey, it was the thrill of the hunt I was after more than anything else. I do wish I would have looked up CAG for all the games people found for three cents, because I'm sure I missed at least a few.

Rejected. Was told they couldn't sell them to me, and they "would have to take all the 3 cents games off the shelf". Went at 4pm, and the games were STILL on the shelf, so I'm pissed that they only just then decided it was a good time to take the games off the shelf/not sell them. Glad I did your job for you random Walmart employee #572934 :roll:

I can say from personal experience that you CAN get three cent games from Wal-Mart... but it may take more work than you want to put into it. I grabbed Rodea the Sky Soldier, the DS Stepmeter, Sin and Punishment 2, and the Wolf Among Us along with a can of Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade. The Mike's made the "40 or over?" warning pop up on the register, removing that hurdle (and giving me something tasty to drink when I got back home). Wolf Among Us and Sin and Punishment 2 went through without a hitch. Rodea was marked five dollars, but they wanted to charge $25 for it... er, no thanks! The DS Stepmeter came up as three cents, but they had to double check it with electronics, and after five minutes of hemming and hawing, I was told that they wanted $24 dollars for it. Nope, gotta pass on that one, too.

I wasn't making too many friends with the people behind me in the checkout lane, but ultimately I did get two games for three cents each. I already own Sin and Punishment 2 and never cared for Wolf Among Us, but hey, it was the thrill of the hunt I was after more than anything else. I do wish I would have looked up CAG for all the games people found for three cents, because I'm sure I missed at least a few.
I think these particular clearance items (3 cent games) have been the easiest to get, cuz nobody really knows about them. That and if you had to dig through a "$19.xx and under" bin, it helps even more cuz they're literally buried under other stuff/hidden. What made it difficult is/was the employees cock-blocking you.

Sunday:

Bound by Flame (PS4) x 4

Metroid: Other M (WII) x 4

Kirby Epic Yarn (WII) x4

Warioware (DS) x5

Monday:

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii) x1

Tuesday:

Skylanders Imaginators Portal Owners Pack (X1) x 1....this was $3.00

Steel Diver (DS) x4

Personal Trainer Walking (DS) x2

Warioware (DS) x2

Glory of Heracles (DS) x3

Kirby's Epic Yarn (WII) x4

Sin & Punishment (WII) x3

Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii) x3

Metal Gear Rising (360) x1

Wednesday:

Sonic: The Lost World (3DS) x4

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4) x2

Wolf Among Us (PS4) x1

Wolf Among Us (X1) x1

All from 5 stores
$5 for the Wolf among up PS4???? Yes Yes ??

Wolf Among Us for what system?

bread's done
Back