Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
The store supervisor at the Wal-Mart with the TV error was supposed to call me between 1-3 business days to work out a solution and never did so now the ticket is escalated and I am waiting to hear from the Market supervisor. Terrible customer service for sure at my local Wal-Mart. The supervisor on the phone said the store manager flat out ignored the email sent to him to contact me.

I had planned on surprising my sister with a new TV for the Superbowl but that's not going to happen now. Has anyone here had this bad customer service at Wal-Mart before? Has a store manager supposed to have called you and never did? I am now wondering if the Market Supervisor will call me.
I wouldn't be surprised if the manager kept the TV for themselves. Happened just last week with me and the curved 32" samsung monitors. My store had 4 for $49. Checked with employee, scanned and checked. 4 should arrive in 3-4 days (saw on the PDA where it said on order) checked 3 days later, nothing yet. Next day when I asked, manager interupted saying she just put them all out a few minutes ago. I found nothing... except a facebook post, from that manager, selling the monitors for a "steal" at $150....

Some employees care, others are giant sacks of crap.

The store supervisor at the Wal-Mart with the TV error was supposed to call me between 1-3 business days to work out a solution and never did so now the ticket is escalated and I am waiting to hear from the Market supervisor. Terrible customer service for sure at my local Wal-Mart. The supervisor on the phone said the store manager flat out ignored the email sent to him to contact me.

I had planned on surprising my sister with a new TV for the Superbowl but that's not going to happen now. Has anyone here had this bad customer service at Wal-Mart before? Has a store manager supposed to have called you and never did? I am now wondering if the Market Supervisor will call me.
Dude. Nobody's gonna call you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the manager kept the TV for themselves. Happened just last week with me and the curved 32" samsung monitors. My store had 4 for $49. Checked with employee, scanned and checked. 4 should arrive in 3-4 days (saw on the PDA where it said on order) checked 3 days later, nothing yet. Next day when I asked, manager interupted saying she just put them all out a few minutes ago. I found nothing... except a facebook post, from that manager, selling the monitors for a "steal" at $150....

Um, I definitely would have called customer service on that.

I am holding out hope I will get a call back. I had a similar issue with Amazon 2 years ago and they resolved it quickly and with a bigger version of the TV I wanted for even cheaper.

Ugh they moved the clearance section of the Walmart near my place so much in the past year. I have no idea where it is at now. The best I have really seen on clearance was Mighty No 9 anyways...

Tried a store in Memphis that Brickseek said had 2 of the HP gaming computers.  :(

Asked the lady who apparently I ruined her day by asking if she could help me find something, showed her the picture from the Walmart site.  "Uh uh no, we ain't got none of those, what is it...."  Maybe if she had not made up her mind before I asked?

I knew I was leaving without one.  

That sucks, kinda needed a computer.  

Tried a store in Memphis that Brickseek said had 2 of the HP gaming computers. :(

Asked the lady who apparently I ruined her day by asking if she could help me find something, showed her the picture from the Walmart site. "Uh uh no, we ain't got none of those, what is it...." Maybe if she had not made up her mind before I asked?

I knew I was leaving without one.

That sucks, kinda needed a computer.
WM employees' go to answer in all the stores seems to be "we don't have it" without even checking or even knowing what the item is apparently.

Pretty much.

I get it, wages suck, hours probably suck, and the public is generally rude.

Dealing with rude people all day, I understand. But when someone is actually nice to me, I'm going to go way out of my way to do what I can.

I hate asking anyone for help. I try to project that fact, since I despise people who feel the need to demand it.

You are right, it's not an isolated one off thing at Walmart. People there are typically rude and bothered with having to work.

WM employees' go to answer in all the stores seems to be "we don't have it" without even checking or even knowing what the item is apparently.

If you're serious, I would screenshot that and send it to the regional manager. Pretty much all the retail stores I've worked at have given a whole spiel about that at orientation. For a manager to do that, well that isn't exactly good example for his subordinates.

Didn't need them, but attempted a buyout on all the Kirby's and Metroids. Dude said their store policy was only three of each, only had one Kirby, but a stack of Metroids. Kirby rang up no problem. Metroid wasn't in the system until the manager scanned it on her doohickey and it came up as $30, I asked for a price check on Walmart.com...they quoted the second party seller for $14.98, I was like "that's alright, I'll pass." Would be nice if that Mario Allstar rerelease would drop. As well as the collector's Edition of Epic Mickey which they still have two of for $70.

I have a question , i have a sealed samsung 32 curved monitor that i bought on christmas and still have the receipt for it , will the holiday return still apply to me and if so can i do a return rebuy so that i can get it at the 49$ price ?

I have a question , i have a sealed samsung 32 curved monitor that i bought on christmas and still have the receipt for it , will the holiday return still apply to me and if so can i do a return rebuy so that i can get it at the 49$ price ?
It should yes. Christmas returns should be good till March.

new drops I've seen today for 3 cents: 

FIFA Soccer vita

Top Hand Rodeo Tour (xbox360)

Top Hand Rodeo was actually on the shelf with a 3c tag at one location.

Also a lot of stores are wising up. One walmart I have grabbed 3 cent games in every day this week denied me today. The cashier recognized me and told me before even ringing anything that if it's 3 cents they have to go back to the warehouse. A few other stores had lots of stock supposedly in on several titles but I found the VG section picked clean in a way consistent with employees pulling stock as opposed to savages like us 

Also I saw our $79 Samsung 40" for "sale" at a Target. only $350. Wow, what a bargain
I was actually thinking about trying to find it somewhere else and then price matching it via Walmart's app, but knowing my luck, the damn website would have it for some BS price (and I don't mean Brickseek... :D).

I was actually thinking about trying to find it somewhere else and then price matching it via Walmart's app, but knowing my luck, the damn website would have it for some BS price (and I don't mean Brickseek... :D).
I tried price matching the tv at best buy but the guy wasnt haven it. Saying i cant do that and blah blah he also thought that it was a glitch on walmarts end and to take advantage of it lol

Just got back from a store that showed 4 in stock. Struck out completely.
I just struck out too dude. Brickseek showed three of them in stock and I talked to 3 different people including the customer service desk and they told me none are in the store and if they are they have no idea where they could be. I checked with all the other Lego Star Wars and there wasn't even a barcode to scan the price. There was nowhere for it to be on the shelf.

One of the guys there helped me look in the clearance section because he said it might be there but it wasn't so I finally went to customer service and the guy gave me the run around and told me basically the app is wrong sorry.

There's one Walmart around here that will just keep repeating "everything we have is on the shelf" to you no matter what you ask for. It's honestly kind of insulting.

Went back to clear out the store where I had the most success on Monday and used the beer trick for the M rated games. Worked like a charm. [attachment=29419:1BCFA50E-AB6F-404C-BE4D-47757237DF31.jpeg]

Went back to clear out the store where I had the most success on Monday and used the beer trick for the M rated games. Worked like a charm.
attachicon.gif
1BCFA50E-AB6F-404C-BE4D-47757237DF31.jpeg
Walmart is obviously using .03 cent games to sell more beer to CAG'ers in a game of epic cats and mouse.

On other news, I've ran across several of the PS4 gold headset but all ring up as 99.96 as per the correct price listed on brickseek. I noticed that every store around the zip I searched on brickseek still has several still on hand. When do they puts stuff on clearance, when most stores around them run out of supply or is it per store bases?

Walmart is obviously using .03 cent games to sell more beer to CAG'ers in a game of epic cats and mouse.

On other news, I've ran across several of the PS4 gold headset but all ring up as 99.96 as per the correct price listed on brickseek. I noticed that every store around the zip I searched on brickseek still has several still on hand. When do they puts stuff on clearance, when most stores around them run out of supply or is it per store bases?
That headset went on clearance to move out the old stock. The prices came back up with the new packaging at all but a very few stores. Don't expect to find that on clearance again anytime soon.

I ended up with a total of 56x .03 games... But most were Soccer, although now I might be close to a complete set of every soccer game made from 2012-2014 for every system. The highlights were Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS (1x), Bound by Flame PS4 (1x), and... NBA 2K11 PS2!!

Got shot down for my first time tonight sorta. Asked for legend of korra and he kept ringing it up. Assuming he couldn't believe the price so then he asked another employee what to do. The other guy said sell it if it rings up. Asked to buy more but he very sharply denied me

I ended up with a total of 56x .03 games... But most were Soccer, although now I might be close to a complete set of every soccer game made from 2012-2014 for every system. The highlights were Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS (1x), Bound by Flame PS4 (1x), and... NBA 2K11 PS2!!
Wii - Metroid Other M x 19
Wii - Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 Special Edition x3
PS3 - MLB The Show 11 x8
PS3 - Masters Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 x 2
PSP - MLB The Show 11 x6
3DS - Steel Diver x9
DS - Personal Training Walking x7

DS - Wario Ware DIY x2

360 Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen x1

57, beat you by 1. Wondering if I can trade other M for any thing decent

Stopped by Walmart after work tonight and found a bunch of old Wii and DS/3DS games that were scanning for $0.03, but they were all behind the glass and not a single electronics employee was to be found. All the same, I think either the in-store WiFi or my cell data was acting super funky, because a bunch of the known 3¢ games such as :Wii: Metroid: Other M and :3ds: Steel Diver kept ringing up as “price not available” and would only give a price for Walmart.com, which obviously did not ring up for $0.03. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I was irritated because that was the first WM I went to that actually had :Wii: Sin & Punishment 2 in stock and I could find a single friggin’ Walmart employee to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped by Walmart after work tonight and found a bunch of old Wii and DS/3DS games that were scanning for $0.03, but they were all behind the glass and not a single electronics employee was to be found. All the same, I think either the in-store WiFi or my cell data was acting super funky, because a bunch of the known 3¢ games such as :wii: Metroid: Other M and :3ds: Steel Diver kept ringing up as “price not available” and would only give a price for Walmart.com, which obviously did not ring up for $0.03. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I was irritated because that was the first WM I went to that actually had :wii: Sin & Punishment 2 in stock and I could find a single friggin’ Walmart employee to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ps3 Dragons Dogma (not dark arisen) came up as not found (was told only working price checker in the store) but other .03 games showed price.

Holy lord some of you are making it out of stores with 57 games?! All of the stores around me have even the cheapest games in the plastic cases and for some reason the self checkout people like to watch you scan every game in after they take them off. Sigh. On a better note, I did manage to get the 40in samsung and 32in monitor for $79 and $49 tonight. Only took 4 managers, 3 hours and 2 trips back and forth to the same store but it was worth it.

Holy lord some of you are making it out of stores with 57 games?! All of the stores around me have even the cheapest games in the plastic cases and for some reason the self checkout people like to watch you scan every game in after they take them off. Sigh. On a better note, I did manage to get the 40in samsung and 32in monitor for $79 and $49 tonight. Only took 4 managers, 3 hours and 2 trips back and forth to the same store but it was worth it.
How is the performance on the 40-inch Samsung? Does it have all the streaming TV apps beyond just Netflix, Hulu, etc? Also, was it a customer return or a brand new TV? This TV is at full price at nearly every WM in my city.

How is the performance on the 40-inch Samsung? Does it have all the streaming TV apps beyond just Netflix, Hulu, etc? Also, was it a customer return or a brand new TV? This TV is at full price at nearly every WM in my city.
Not sure as I haven't had time to set it up yet. It was brand new, bought it sometime last month. I was doing the dreaded return/rebuy for both and just barely managed to get it done.

Went to a store I don't usually visit to look for 3 cent games...

BaqgVYi.jpg

And the cover is blued at that...

Not sure as I haven't had time to set it up yet. It was brand new, bought it sometime last month. I was doing the dreaded return/rebuy for both and just barely managed to get it done.
If you find out about the performance, please post what you find. I'll try to hunt one down but have to make sure it's new and not a return/refurbished.

Can't speak specifically in terms of performance, but I got it for family members and the sound is horrible imo. Doesn't help that there is only 3 different sound presets. I'm not an audiophile, but the sound is on par with laptop/smartphone speakers. Really disappointed in that regard. Otherwise it's "fine", and for $79 it's a steal, but there is a reason this particular TV retails for low to mid $300's.

Wii - Metroid Other M x 19
Wii - Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 Special Edition x3
PS3 - MLB The Show 11 x8
PS3 - Masters Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 x 2
PSP - MLB The Show 11 x6
3DS - Steel Diver x9
DS - Personal Training Walking x7
DS - Wario Ware DIY x2
360 Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen x1

57, beat you by 1. Wondering if I can trade other M for any thing decent
Nice! Lots of METROID. I am gonna try some local mom and pop game stores for my doubles, see what i can get.

I've finished my compilation of everything that's been mentioned here recently. I still can't edit the original post, I'm getting a database error when I click on the edit link. I'll message the site admin on twitter to see if I can get that fixed. 

In the meantime: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i/?p=13938794

ThatOneGuyWho could you link to that specific post in the OP for the time being? I'll keep it updated as I find new things or see them mentioned here. I also plan to remove things as they drop below 10% in stock as searching will be pointless by that point. 

My store put out bins of older games at $5 and $3 price points, with tags dated within the last few days.

Most were ps3 and 360 and wii, but highlight was Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS for $5 (didn't realize it goes for $70+ now)

My store put out bins of older games at $5 and $3 price points, with tags dated within the last few days.

Most were ps3 and 360 and wii, but highlight was Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS for $5 (didn't realize it goes for $70+ now)
If you grabbed more than one of those I'd gladly pay you double plus shipping. I've been wanting to play it but not for the current price.

Glad I got all my stuff before everyone caught wind. Now with people posting all the deals in a easy format you're not going to find any deals.

people don't realize you're not being helpful by being too helpful. Just ruining future deals for your own self. Same people that ask how much is my video game worth and those same dumb people come with their free appraisals. The ones that tell them to research it them self get told they are trolls and not helpful. 

Glad I got all my stuff before everyone caught wind. Now with people posting all the deals in a easy format you're not going to find any deals.

people don't realize you're not being helpful by being too helpful. Just ruining future deals for your own self. Same people that ask how much is my video game worth and those same dumb people come with their free appraisals. The ones that tell them to research it them self get told they are trolls and not helpful.
With that attitude I believe you are on the wrong forum, sir.

bread's done
Back