Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a no go on the 40 LG as well. BS said there was two but they couldn't find them. When I tried to do in store pick up the price stayed at $379.99. I did however find a copy of Stardew Valley CE for $13.

If a person didnt take the time to get the 3 cent games by now then obviously they didnt want them.  I believe there's been 9 days since they were reported and that was plenty of time to go "hunting" for them even as the list developed.

The only thing bad about SD seeing this now is that with the bigger audience than CAG, there is a bigger chance of idiots ruining this happening again in the future.

Made one last round today to grab a few games and the security guard acted like I was stealing money out of his pocket and called loss prevention over. Apparently the manager is going to email me a gift card for wasting my time but I dunno.

If a person didnt take the time to get the 3 cent games by now then obviously they didnt want them. I believe there's been 9 days since they were reported and that was plenty of time to go "hunting" for them even as the list developed.

The only thing bad about SD seeing this now is that with the bigger audience than CAG, there is a bigger chance of idiots ruining this happening again in the future.
Right. I wasn't clear in my post. Judging from Brick seek numbers it appears that some stores have taken games off the sales floor. Best guess is that more people attempting to buy $0.3 games or a large quantity of them prompted the move. The games don't seem to have been purchased, just not for sale anymore.

So I just got back from that Walmart and they did still have the game, but they only had the one copy. I looked through all the games to make sure there wasn’t another one misplaced and came up short. I am happy I was able to get the one just hate I couldn’t find another one for you. Thanks again for posting about it though.
Not a problem - I've still got the CIB on the way from eBay. Thanks for checking!

Made one last round today to grab a few games and the security guard acted like I was stealing money out of his pocket and called loss prevention over. Apparently the manager is going to email me a gift card for wasting my time but I dunno.
As I've stated before, Walmart has THE most dedicated people working there. Who can blame them though with stuff like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4

I attempted to get Zone of the Enders on PS3 for the .03 deal, I had it mixed in with other purchases and the cashier red flagged it. It turned into a whole ordeal and the manager just plain told me that price was clearly wrong and that they could not sell it.

Sucks because they've had that game in the bin for a while now and I genuinely wanting to get it. Now it is just gone forever I guess.

I attempted to get Zone of the Enders on PS3 for the .03 deal, I had it mixed in with other purchases and the cashier red flagged it. It turned into a whole ordeal and the manager just plain told me that price was clearly wrong and that they could not sell it.

Sucks because they've had that game in the bin for a while now and I genuinely wanting to get it. Now it is just gone forever I guess.
No self checkouts?

by the way, i was at another walmart and they also had other m, very different employee, all they said was "huh" and i got my 3 cent stuff. thanks to whoever posted the ds games because i also got warioware DIY

Self check out tried to stop me when she took the cases off. Head cashier came over and said it can't be true so she walked over to electronics. The young kid there just said WM had been clearancing out some games and that's the right price. So head cashier said she wants some for herself, but I told her I got the only two in the whole store... lol

So I went to a WM today. They had a few copies of Korra for $29.96, I scanned the barcode beneath the tag but it was the wrong barcode because it kept ringing up some media table for $92. I tell an employee who then takes a game out and scans it and rings up for the $29.96 price. oh well. I found a 40'' samsung tv but whenever I tried scanning the barcode it kept telling me it wasnt a barcode the app recognized. It did that for a whole bunch of tvs for some reason. I'm in the market for a desk chair with swivel action. They were selling a chair with the tag asking for over $150, but when I scanned the upc rang up to $55. Not a bad price.

So I went to a WM today. They had a few copies of Korra for $29.96, I scanned the barcode beneath the tag but it was the wrong barcode because it kept ringing up some media table for $92. I tell an employee who then takes a game out and scans it and rings up for the $29.96 price. oh well. I found a 40'' samsung tv but whenever I tried scanning the barcode it kept telling me it wasnt a barcode the app recognized. It did that for a whole bunch of tvs for some reason. I'm in the market for a desk chair with swivel action. They were selling a chair with the tag asking for over $150, but when I scanned the upc rang up to $55. Not a bad price.
What's the chair?

What's the chair?

Yeah, after all the desktops, monitors and laptops a lot of people have found, we need a good deal on chairs and computer desks! Ill hit up a few WMs tomorrow and see what theyve got.

Looking back I should have done that, but you live and learn.
May not have worked at self checkout either, depending on how much the clerk cares. Game is M-rated so requires a cashier override. Clerk stopped me at self-checkout with that exact same game because she saw the price when she did an override of the age restriction. One way around it though would be to scan an additional M rated game first (with a more reasonable price) and then the clerk won't have to come back when you scan the 3 cent M-rated games.

May not have worked at self checkout either, depending on how much the clerk cares. Game is M-rated so requires a cashier override. Clerk stopped me at self-checkout with that exact same game because she saw the price when she did an override of the age restriction. One way around it though would be to scan an additional M rated game first (with a more reasonable price) and then the clerk won't have to come back when you scan the 3 cent M-rated games.
Or the beer trick!

How do you guys get the employees to cooperate? I ask them nicely if they have x item in stock (only after I looked myself), and yet I get the same "we don't have it" canned response. I don't want to get management involved, but it's the same old song and dance almost every time.

Yesterday for example, the soundbar went from zero zero stock (had been that way for a week or longer at all stores), to limited availability at one store. This indicates to me that it was in fact in stock, but the employee wouldn't even go check the back.

How do you guys get the employees to cooperate? I ask them nicely if they have x item in stock (only after I looked myself), and yet I get the same "we don't have it" canned response. I don't want to get management involved, but it's the same old song and dance almost every time.

Yesterday for example, the soundbar went from zero zero stock (had been that way for a week or longer at all stores), to limited availability at one store. This indicates to me that it was in fact in stock, but the employee wouldn't even go check the back.
Depends on who the employee is most of the time. I had problems with a floor manager or whatever they are over some clearance insect repellent for my garden. It was marked 75% off so I put a few in my cart. As I was in the checkout line in lawn and garden, I saw this bitch holding some and looking at the shelf talking on her walkie-talkie. Some employees came and moved it. I told the cashier that they just moved it off the shelf but they should honor the price mistake. She called someone to do a price override, and lo and behold, that same bitch reappears and tells me she can't honor it and I have no proof. I said, "Really? I was waiting in line when you came over and moved the product." She said, "I have never seen this product until just now." I called the store manager and explained everything that happened and how this cunt who thinks she's hot shit because she might make $12 an hour at fucking Walmart lied directly to my face over two cans of bug repellent, and I haven't seen her since.

They're Walmart workers, don't let them walk over you. I find that kids don't care as much, but career ones tend to be assholes. And that sucks for them, because being a career Walmart cashier tells me they need to keep their job since it's the best they'll ever get.

There are quite a few posts in this thread about people's personal experiences and what they've found work, but it can be hard to dig through I suppose. I've found that at some stores there really is nothing you can do, it is a combination of employee laziness and the fact that they don't like people to ask about things in the back because they reserve those for themselves and their friends. Here is what I've personally found to be most effective:

- Look thoroughly on the shelves, behind things, and sometimes not even in the same section. Monitors can be behind routers, speakers can be on an aisle end, etc. Some Walmarts are a complete mess and others NEVER put out clearance items. The ones that are a complete mess are the best for finding clearance items, as they will just be sitting in some corner with no price tag or anything.

- Be very polite about asking the employees. Kindly say that you are looking for a specific model of (insert electronic here). Mention that you have looked thoroughly on the shelves. Mention that the Walmart app said it was in stock. DO NOT mention the clearance price or Brickseek.

- Make sure you have the model number, etc, handy. Pictures help too. Bring the product up on your Walmart app and (if possible) show that it displays that it is in stock in the store. Try to avoid showing the actual clearance price. A good employee will go back and check at this point, but most won't.

- Endure their complaints about how the app is usually wrong and that it isn't worth the effort, etc. Kindly ask if they can check in the back just to be sure, because you really need this specific model number. If they continue to refuse, then consider mentioning that it is a clearance item and that it might have been moved off of the shelves.

-If they still refuse, then you might as well mention that you can see that there are x number in stock and that you'd be very appreciative if they could check. You can bring up the bar code from Brickseek and they can scan it and see for themselves that there are x number in stock. At this point though, even if they check they will probably just say it isn't in stock, likely because they are holding it for a friend, are mad that you made them walk to the back, etc.

I'm not the most personable or charismatic individual and am still working on my strategies, but I think with some stores you are just shit out of luck. I'd say about 20% of the Walmarts I've been to the employees are cooperative, and about 50% of the time they will begrudgingly 'check the back' but somehow never manage to find a single thing. The rest of the time they will just continue to argue that they know for sure they don't have them, the app/websites and their own inventory tracking is inaccurate, that they already zeroed out the inventory for that item and it is just an error that it is showing any in stock, etc, etc. Sometimes they will just flat out tell you that if they had them in stock they would have already bought it themselves and then laugh at you with their friends as you walk away.

I've learned what specific Walmarts to go to and which specific employees in my area will actually help me. Hilariously, those employees very often seem to find the item I am looking for while the moody ones NEVER do. Hopefully you live near a Walmart that has a helpful employee and actually gets clearance items in stock so you don't have to Walmart-hop to nearby towns like me.

They're Walmart workers, don't let them walk over you. I find that kids don't care as much, but career ones tend to be assholes. And that sucks for them, because being a career Walmart cashier tells me they need to keep their job since it's the best they'll ever get.
Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Some very fishy stuff at a WM today involving the $79 Samsung. Brickseek shows 2 in stock. I went to Electronics and was told that it's a mistake in their system and it just hasn't been updated yet. I asked her to call the dept. manager and he said it's been gone for some time now and that a half dozen people today have already been in asking about it. I asked them to go in the back and check and they told me they'd already checked for other customers asking for it.

I went back to Customer Service and I literally had to plead with them to look it up. They told me their system shows 2 "on hand" but ZERO "available". They told me that could mean damaged or returned items, etc. I noticed BS has shown this store has had the 2 quantity for 3 days now, so either their story has worked on everyone who tried to get one, or they're telling me the truth. Who knows anymore with these people...

Bring a printed UPC. Go to whatever department you're interested in and find someone with a hand scanner. They can scan the UPC to bring up their in-store inventory. The rest is just golden rule stuff. Be nice, ask something along the lines of "Can you check the stock of something if I give you a UPC?". If someone says no, try a different employee. Sometimes they will show stock and not have the item. One store I went to scanned the UPC and immediately knew what I was looking for. Said people were asking for it all day and they didn't have any. They immediately set the stock to 0 after that check because as far as they knew there wasn't any stock left. They truly do misplace stock sometimes and aren't just out to get clearance hunters. Be nice, be patient, and realize that sometimes information isn't accurate.

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
The whole current topic of conversation is Walmart employees lying to customers who are actually right, and I see absolutely no reason to not complain when they do it. Or is it the Walmart employee who's always right because they protect their multi-billion dollar corporation from its own clearance prices?

Geeze what areas are you guys in , My Walmarts her in ATL are all overpriced compared the discounts people are pulling on here.

- Look thoroughly on the shelves, behind things, and sometimes not even in the same section. Monitors can be behind routers, speakers can be on an aisle end, etc. Some Walmarts are a complete mess and others NEVER put out clearance items. The ones that are a complete mess are the best for finding clearance items, as they will just be sitting in some corner with no price tag or anything.

- Be very polite about asking the employees. Kindly say that you are looking for a specific model of (insert electronic here). Mention that you have looked thoroughly on the shelves. Mention that the Walmart app said it was in stock. DO NOT mention the clearance price or Brickseek.

- Make sure you have the model number, etc, handy. Pictures help too. Bring the product up on your Walmart app and (if possible) show that it displays that it is in stock in the store. Try to avoid showing the actual clearance price. A good employee will go back and check at this point, but most won't.

- Endure their complaints about how the app is usually wrong and that it isn't worth the effort, etc. Kindly ask if they can check in the back just to be sure, because you really need this specific model number. If they continue to refuse, then consider mentioning that it is a clearance item and that it might have been moved off of the shelves.

-If they still refuse, then you might as well mention that you can see that there are x number in stock and that you'd be very appreciative if they could check. You can bring up the bar code from Brickseek and they can scan it and see for themselves that there are x number in stock. At this point though, even if they check they will probably just say it isn't in stock, likely because they are holding it for a friend, are mad that you made them walk to the back, etc.
I quite literally did all this when I was there yesterday.

If anyone has any of the following they would like to sell, PM me.

Fortune Street
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin & Punishment 2
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Kirby: Return To Dreamland
Wii Party
Pokepark 2
Professor Layton & The Last Specter
Personal Trainer Walking
Professor Layton & The Unwound Future
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Glory Of Heracles
Dragon Quest IX
Art Academy Lessons for Everyone
Disney's Magical World 2
Nintendogs 3DS

Went to a WM this morning and noticed they were taking out games from display cases (not sure if they were  3 cent or not) Made my way to the games that weren't on display. Scanned all the games they had, even some they had hiding in cardboard boxes in other areas of electronics. Was only able to find this bad boy who seems to have been left out in the sun too long: https://imgur.com/a/yvt4T

When the lady scanned the game she said "oh no. We can't sell this." Walked away, then asked me where I got it. I just pointed randomly at the cardboard boxes (I scanned the whole place, that was the only 3 cent game they had, Although they did have Monster Hunter World on 3DS which I could have sworn was one of the 3 cent games, but scanned at a normal price). She scoured through it trying to find more, couldn't find more and just walked away to the back with my game. I'm left standing there for a few minutes acting like I don't know what went wrong. Two ladies walk toward me and ask me if I needed help. "I was trying to buy a game, but the lady just walked away with it." I tell them. The one that looked like she was their manager smiles and asks me to describe who it was and I tell her it was a short woman. She goes looking for the lady. The other one waits with me at the registers. We're left standing there a few more minutes. The second lady comes back saying she can't find her and asks me what game I got. "Metal Gear for the 360" I tell her. "Metal Gear..." she mutters. She goes looking for more copies around the registers and to the games aisle before I could tell her it was the last one. I'm standing there a few more minutes and now the second lady is nowhere to be seen. The third one starts to fidget and asks me if there were more of the game so she could find one and I tell her it was the last one. "Oh." She says. Eventually she too walks away nowhere to be seen. After a couple more minutes, the first lady comes back to me with the game and scans the game again and it rings up. "3 cents." She says with a resented look in her eyes as If I had just ripped her off. "Ok, I'm gonna pay with a gift card." I tell her. (Going to WM was a last minute thing so didn't bother bringing any change). I pull out my phone and she scans the barcode. She hands me my receipt and I walk away. I decide to go to CS to see if I could cash out my gift card. As I'm at the CS desk, I hold the game and receipt in a super obvious way so they could tell I already paid for it but not in a way where they can see what I paid for it. They tell me they cant cash it out so I walk away just as the greeter doesn't see me walking out through the IN doors.

She didn't charge me tax, which is odd.

While I was waiting at the cash registers, I noticed some boxes labeled "Items For Return For Credit" or something to that effect, so I think they were getting rid of a lot of stuff at electronics just as I came by.

Here's what I found of note:

Half a dozen Dragon Age Inquisition Complete Editions for XB1 for $30

A handful of Mankind Divideds for $7 for XB1 and PS4

A couple Project Cars 2 for ps4 for $40

A half dozen Bravely Second and Fate? games on 3DS (cant remember the price)

A 3DS game for How to Raise Babies?

A dozen Mirror's Edge Catalyst for XB1 and PS4 for $20

Duck Dynasty for $5 on Ps4 and $2 on XB1

The End

If anyone has any of the following they would like to sell, PM me.

Fortune Street
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin & Punishment 2
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Kirby: Return To Dreamland
Wii Party
Pokepark 2
Professor Layton & The Last Specter
Personal Trainer Walking
Professor Layton & The Unwound Future
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Glory Of Heracles
Dragon Quest IX
Art Academy Lessons for Everyone
Disney's Magical World 2
Nintendogs 3DS
Sent you a PM

Went back to the well again today, and did find a single Wii Play Motion w/ Black Wii Motion Plus bundled, but that is all she wrote for the one nearby store that actually had any 3 cent games - well, at least the only nearby one that had them out on the sales floor and not in the back.  All in all, my epic haul has consisted of: Fifa 13 Wii, Madden 13 Wii U, Dynasty Warriors 3 Wii, and Fifa for Vita. 

It had been sitting on an endcap marked for $20 for weeks ever since they opened up the backlog of cartons in the back just before Christmas, but I never thought to check if it dropped to 3 cents - I was quite happy to see that it had.

Here's the Brickseek link for it: http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=16518428

If anyone happens upon spares of any of the following, I would be game for purchasing:

3DS:
Art Academy: Lessons for Anyone
Nintendogs w/ Golden Retriever
Disney's Magical World 2
Any of the Professor Layton games

Wii:
Pokepark 2
Kirby: Return to Dreamland

ba55d7b52555262efa2e393a6decb01c.jpg

Can't speak specifically in terms of performance, but I got it for family members and the sound is horrible imo. Doesn't help that there is only 3 different sound presets. I'm not an audiophile, but the sound is on par with laptop/smartphone speakers. Really disappointed in that regard. Otherwise it's "fine", and for $79 it's a steal, but there is a reason this particular TV retails for low to mid $300's.
I don't think the sound on it is that bad, to be honest. Not as good as a real sound system, but they're not bad for built-in TV speakers. It's in the master bedroom so I don't have room for a sound bar or anything, so I just use the "Optimized" setting and it sounds decent enough.

Wow. I'm sure you've heard this before, but you're a fucking dick.

Some very fishy stuff at a WM today involving the $79 Samsung. Brickseek shows 2 in stock. I went to Electronics and was told that it's a mistake in their system and it just hasn't been updated yet. I asked her to call the dept. manager and he said it's been gone for some time now and that a half dozen people today have already been in asking about it. I asked them to go in the back and check and they told me they'd already checked for other customers asking for it.

I went back to Customer Service and I literally had to plead with them to look it up. They told me their system shows 2 "on hand" but ZERO "available". They told me that could mean damaged or returned items, etc. I noticed BS has shown this store has had the 2 quantity for 3 days now, so either their story has worked on everyone who tried to get one, or they're telling me the truth. Who knows anymore with these people...
I had the same thing happen with the 49 inch LG. BS showed 2, we asked and they said they had none, and it still shows 2 days later. The fact that it still shows 2 suggests to me that they're not lying. Otherwise, the stock would have dropped if an employee bought it.

Wow. I'm sure you've heard this before, but you're a fucking dick.
I really don't care. It's the employee's job in any company to act professionally, especially while on the clock. Walmart associates are hardly in a position to treat regular customers like criminals when retail workers are a dime a dozen. Aim to achieve more if you're a career Walmart associate.

I really don't care. It's the employee's job in any company to act professionally, especially while on the clock. Walmart associates are hardly in a position to treat regular customers like criminals when retail workers are a dime a dozen. Aim to achieve more if you're a career Walmart associate.
Aim to not be such a fucking dick. Every job needs to be filled by someone. You don't need to act like people who work in Walmart are scum just because their job isn't amazing and doesn't pay a lot.

Aim to not be such a fucking dick. Every job needs to be filled by someone. You don't need to act like people who work in Walmart are scum just because their job isn't amazing and doesn't pay a lot.
I directly referred to career asshole Walmart workers pretending they have the power to act shitty to customers for no reason, then stated that they shouldn't rely on getting away with it through job security. Aim for some reading comprehension.

I directly referred to career asshole Walmart workers pretending they have the power to act shitty to customers for no reason, then stated that they shouldn't rely on getting away with it through job security. Aim for some reading comprehension.
Nice try, but I don't think anyone is falling for your bullshit. In case you forgot your own words, I've quoted them here and bolded and underlined the parts that show how little you truly think of retail workers. Your disdain is obvious, and your posts are definitely not just directed at the employees who try to get away with lying.

Depends on who the employee is most of the time. I had problems with a floor manager or whatever they are over some clearance insect repellent for my garden. It was marked 75% off so I put a few in my cart. As I was in the checkout line in lawn and garden, I saw this bitch holding some and looking at the shelf talking on her walkie-talkie. Some employees came and moved it. I told the cashier that they just moved it off the shelf but they should honor the price mistake. She called someone to do a price override, and lo and behold, that same bitch reappears and tells me she can't honor it and I have no proof. I said, "Really? I was waiting in line when you came over and moved the product." She said, "I have never seen this product until just now." I called the store manager and explained everything that happened and how this cunt who thinks she's hot shit because she might make $12 an hour at fucking Walmart lied directly to my face over two cans of bug repellent, and I haven't seen her since.

Nice try, but I don't think anyone is falling for your bullshit. In case you forgot your own words, I've quoted them here and bolded and underlined the parts that show how little you truly think of retail workers. Your disdain is obvious, and your posts are definitely not just directed at the employees who try to get away with lying.
Looks like we've got a buttmad peon over here. If you don't want to out yourself as a grunt in a retail giant, don't defend idiots. Blade is absolutely right. That Walmart employee was a cunt. Someone who isn't even a manager thinks she knows better and tried to stop a legitimate deal. And for what? At best she was trying to "protect" the company. At worst, she wanted them for herself. Either way, she was a cardboard box on the road that needed to be removed. Hopefully she was.

A few people were asking about trades. Maybe not the right place for it but I have:

Metal Gear Rising-Xbox 360
Metroid Other M
Sin & Punishment
WarioWare DIY
Legend of Korra
Steel Diver
Personal Trainer Walkimg
Regular Show 3DS

Looking to trade for some of the other games. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Have a few friends that worked at, or currently work at, Walmarts and other retail places that will go on for hours about their "career" employees if you put a beer in front of them.  Most of them have absolutely no career trajectory and it makes them salty as fuck.  Even worse is when some of them cling to the idea that because they're elders, they should be respected, and many of them try to act like they have power that they honestly don't.  People you just want to sit down and go "Harold, you've been here for 20 years and haven't even made it to the front offices, stop being a dick to the employees that don't treat you like you run the place."

The serial number or some other barcode may have been getting picked up by your phone instead of the UPC. Try typing in the UPC instead of scanning if your phone is being picky.

bread's done
Back