Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also pull the barcode up from Brickseek for the TV and scan it at a price check kiosk.  If the price rings up correctly there, it will at the register.

In a real miracle, a store by me that hasn't done a game clearance in 2 years finally dropped some games

Nothing too Amazing, just nice since that store never drops stuff. Sadly their 10 Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundles were still sitting at full price >.> 

It was the Combo Breaker pack.  According to Brickseek the Definitive edition was on clearance for $10 at a different store, but it sold out before i had the chance to grab it. 

IF anyone has any okay 3ds games they are okay with sell, I would love to buy some.  PM me

Fortune Street
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin & Punishment 2
Pokepark 2
Professor Layton & The Last Specter
Personal Trainer Walking
Professor Layton & The Unwound Future
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Glory Of Heracles
Dragon Quest IX
Nintendogs 3DS

...just because their job isn't amazing and doesn't pay a lot.
I don't know why people think retail workers are underpaid? Having worked 3-4 retail jobs (one of which was at Walmart), retail workers are compensated just fine. $12/hour is more than enough, considering it requires essentially no skillset, no formal education, etc. You think just because they have to deal with customer's BS and work crappy hours they deserve more? Having to put up with that stuff comes with the territory. Everybody knows those things are rampant in retail. Other jobs don't have the most ideal working conditions, such as working long hours, working a job that is unforgiving on the body (i.e. manual labor), bad working conditions, etc. but you don't see those people constantly bitching about their pay. In recent years retail workers and fast food workers have become extremely vocal, thinking they should be being paid more. Fact of the matter is that they are overestimating their personal worth in the job force. It is a job that needs to be filled, but pretty much anybody can do it. If they don't like their job, that's too bad. When you're in a bad situation, the best thing is to get out of said situation. But far too often, people pretend like they're somehow the victim, even when it is within their means to get out.

I don't know why people think retail workers are underpaid? Having worked 3-4 retail jobs (one of which was at Walmart), retail workers are compensated just fine. $12/hour is more than enough, considering it requires essentially no skillset, no formal education, etc. You think just because they have to deal with customer's BS and work crappy hours they deserve more? Having to put up with that stuff comes with the territory. Everybody knows those things are rampant in retail. Other jobs don't have the most ideal working conditions, such as working long hours, working a job that is unforgiving on the body (i.e. manual labor), bad working conditions, etc. but you don't see those people constantly bitching about their pay. In recent years retail workers and fast food workers have become extremely vocal, thinking they should be being paid more. Fact of the matter is that they are overestimating their personal worth in the job force. It is a job that needs to be filled, but pretty much anybody can do it. If they don't like their job, that's too bad. When you're in a bad situation, the best thing is to get out of said situation. But far too often, people pretend like they're somehow the victim, even when it is within their means to get out.
1, Where the hell do retail workers get paid $12 an hour? All of the ones here are lucky to make $10.

2. I've worked a lot of retail when I was in my late teens, early twenties. They try to run your fucking life with their shitty schedules. You have the option of full availability and barely getting 30 hours spread out over 6 days with random morning, night bullshit schedules.

I'm not defending employee's shitty attitudes, I'm just saying a lot are paid badly and treated poorly. Plus at least they're trying to work and not mooch off support like half the people I grew up around.

Why is PokePark 2 showing up on Brickseek with "No Results" like it was never sold at Walmart? I tried several zip codes I travel to for business with no luck. That was the only game I really wanted, too. Found a few others I picked up which I'd gladly trade if someone has had success with PokePark. PM me.

I have successfully struck out on every single item, some even showed in stock.  :) 

No HP computer, even though still shows 2, no laptop, tv, etc.  

Did anyone get Castlevania or Diablo Xbox One and have it extra?  

Just curious...has anyone tried price-matching the $79 TV's at Best Buy, since WM's inventory is so slim now? They're usually very good about it.

1, Where the hell do retail workers get paid $12 an hour? All of the ones here are lucky to make $10.

2. I've worked a lot of retail when I was in my late teens, early twenties. They try to run your fucking life with their shitty schedules. You have the option of full availability and barely getting 30 hours spread out over 6 days with random morning, night bullshit schedules.

I'm not defending employee's shitty attitudes, I'm just saying a lot are paid badly and treated poorly. Plus at least their trying to work and not mooch off support like half the people I grew up around.
When I first started working retail in early 2011 (w/ absolutely zero prior retail experience), I made $9.24/hour. Other new hires who had prior retail experience said they made more, and I'd imagine it's slightly higher now considering that was nearly 7 years ago. My other job started out at $10/hour (in mid-2015). Walmart was $10/hour starting, with a $1/hour raise after the probation period. The latter 2 jobs I only stayed at <6 months, so there was room for pay increases had I stayed longer. That's just my own personal data, but looking at glassdoor, the average seems to be about $11/hour +/- $0.50 (without taking benefits for full-time employees into account).

Why is PokePark 2 showing up on Brickseek with "No Results" like it was never sold at Walmart? I tried several zip codes I travel to for business with no luck. That was the only game I really wanted, too. Found a few others I picked up which I'd gladly trade if someone has had success with PokePark. PM me.
Released in 2011(end of Wii), spinoff game, lower production run, and average reviews could be contributing factors to the lack of availability. Some stores have stock but appears to be rare.

Had the best experiences hunting today. First store found the $35 soundbar set. Second store grabbed MGS Rising and Rhythm Heaven for $.03. The cashier was super cool and gave me no trouble. I have a crush on her now. She was definitely my type...Japanese.

Third store...ooooh boy. I went there because there was supposed to be a copy of Mario and Luigi Paper Jam for $19. Looked high and low for it. Not behind the glasss cases, not in a clearance rack, not in a dump bin, not in an endcap...finally the lady helping me said they have a clearance aisle but never put games there. I asked her to show me and I found two rectangular boxes full of games...

Pokemon X/Y for $19
Fire Emblem Echoes for $19 (bought 1)
Hey Pikmin for $9
Mario Kart 8 Wii U for $29
Pokken Tournament Wii U for $29
Star Fox Zero for $19 (bought 1)
Monster Hunter Generations for $9 (bought 1)
Yokai Watch for $9
Pikmin 3 for $9
Diablo 3 X1 for $9 (grabbed 2 for any CAGs)
Killer Instinct Definitive for $10
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for Wii U for $5

And of course, my Paper Jam for $19. Grabbed that one and checked out.

All this when I originally just planned a trip to get my Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition preorder from Best Buy.

Just curious...has anyone tried price-matching the $79 TV's at Best Buy, since WM's inventory is so slim now? They're usually very good about it.
I tried all 3 local stores. Was RAPIDLY shot down.

I tried 2 targets, same result.

I tried calling BB phone number 3 times. Same negative turnout.

I have tried BB chat more times than I'd care to admit and still haven't gotten a price match from them.

So quick question. My local Walmart shows they have the 40" samsung tv for 79 bucks but when I go to Walmart and go through the checkout for store pickup process at that location it shows the 397.99 price. Is it a waste of time to go?

So quick question. My local Walmart shows they have the 40" samsung tv for 79 bucks but when I go to Walmart and go through the checkout for store pickup process at that location it shows the 397.99 price. Is it a waste of time to go?
The pick up in store option only matches the in store price if the "pick up today" option is available. You can try ordering it, picking it up and trying to price adjust at customer service but the success rate with that has been YMMV

I tried all 3 local stores. Was RAPIDLY shot down.

I tried 2 targets, same result.

I tried calling BB phone number 3 times. Same negative turnout.

I have tried BB chat more times than I'd care to admit and still haven't gotten a price match from them.
I've never been turned down for a Best Buy price match through their chat. The thing is it has to be a legitimate price match. Gamestop or Amazon selling a game for $19.99 that BB has for $49.99? No problem - easy price match as long as the competitor is in stock. Walmart selling a clearance TV for $79 at select locations with 95% of stores not even in stock? Not a legitimate price match and I'm glad BB is not falling for it.

Told a friend about the $79 tvs yesterday and she freaked out about how I'm 'scamming Wal-Mart'. I'll never understand how some people think legitimate deals are scams just because they're good.

Told a friend about the $79 tvs yesterday and she freaked out about how I'm 'scamming Wal-Mart'. I'll never understand how some people think legitimate deals are scams just because they're good.
Saw a girl in a brickseek group I'm on in facebook who bought 13 of the fucking tv's to flip

Managed to get Sin & Punishment, Steel Diver, and Crosswords Plus.

Was hoping to find Rhythm Heaven Fever.

They also had Last Specter, but it rang up at $29, so I let that sit.

Saw a girl in a brickseek group I'm on in facebook who bought 13 of the fucking tv's to flip
That's basically the entire area I live in. We have countless people that are "professional flippers" in DFW and all they do is flip things. I can't tell you how many times I've went to try and get deals within maybe an hour of them being posted on Slickdeals and there's already someone there with carts full of every single sale item they have. When those Samsung TVs went on super clearance two years ago, I walked into a store and saw a guy with 3 of those hand carts stacked with every single TV they had on sale. Every one of them.

That's basically the entire area I live in. We have countless people that are "professional flippers" in DFW and all they do is flip things. I can't tell you how many times I've went to try and get deals within maybe an hour of them being posted on Slickdeals and there's already someone there with carts full of every single sale item they have. When those Samsung TVs went on super clearance two years ago, I walked into a store and saw a guy with 3 of those hand carts stacked with every single TV they had on sale. Every one of them.
I'm normally a very quiet and patient person but if I saw that I'd probably tell the people what they're doing is screwed up... I always look at it this way, doing that and flipping stuff is taking things out of the hands of people who WANT it. It could be a kid on a part time job, could be a family that doesn't have a lot of money. You're taking stuff from those people because you're greedy. If there's twenty of them and you buy a four or five ok that's cool I guess...but if there's ten and you buy ten sorry you're an official douche in my book.

I'm normally a very quiet and patient person but if I saw that I'd probably tell the people what they're doing is screwed up... I always look at it this way, doing that and flipping stuff is taking things out of the hands of people who WANT it. It could be a kid on a part time job, could be a family that doesn't have a lot of money. You're taking stuff from those people because you're greedy. If there's twenty of them and you buy a four or five ok that's cool I guess...but if there's ten and you buy ten sorry you're an official douche in my book.
They don't care. Hell, I've dealt with a lot of them before too. To them, it's a paycheck, and because for a lot of them it's their main source of income, they could care less. They're also some of the biggest assholes I've ever seen. They'll badger employees, get shitty if they won't price match or go look in back, and tell anyone to fuck off that tells them they're not wrong in wanting to take advantage, they're just being dicks. Don't care. But the MOMENT you try and negotiate with THEM on the stuff THEY bought for cheap and want full price for? Nope. Hell, most times because they can just return what they don't sell, there's no risk of loss.

I've never been turned down for a Best Buy price match through their chat. The thing is it has to be a legitimate price match. Gamestop or Amazon selling a game for $19.99 that BB has for $49.99? No problem - easy price match as long as the competitor is in stock. Walmart selling a clearance TV for $79 at select locations with 95% of stores not even in stock? Not a legitimate price match and I'm glad BB is not falling for it.
Best Buy will match it if your local Walmart store has it available for the price. They will easily price match the online price if its notout of stock.

They don't care. Hell, I've dealt with a lot of them before too. To them, it's a paycheck, and because for a lot of them it's their main source of income, they could care less. They're also some of the biggest assholes I've ever seen. They'll badger employees, get shitty if they won't price match or go look in back, and tell anyone to fuck off that tells them they're not wrong in wanting to take advantage, they're just being dicks. Don't care. But the MOMENT you try and negotiate with THEM on the stuff THEY bought for cheap and want full price for? Nope. Hell, most times because they can just return what they don't sell, there's no risk of loss.
They're all generally fucking assholes

I saw a bunch of 40 yr old stay at home moms bragging on the facebook group for snagging 30 copies of some 3 cent games

I’d have to agree with you there. I buy Walmart clearance for my eBay store, but I never clear a store out. Buying every copy of something just seems a bit too tacky and/or greedy. Though I wouldn’t have as much issue on that topic with these three cent games because they’ve been on shelves for years, very few people are going to be aware of this deal and any not bought are probably just going back to the warehouse at the next inventory.

I usually buy enough for a profit, I rarely clear a store out, especially right away. Usually I’ll pick up a few things then go back little by little, if it still stays there, I’ll get it if it’s clear no one wants it.

I don’t really have a problem with flippers because I’d just be calling the kettle black, it’s the blatant stuff I see on Facebook marketplace like “new Samsung 40 inch TV paid $600 yesterday don’t want it will take $400”

No douchebag you paid $79 for it yesterday and you’re asking more than MSRP because you have zero idea of how to price things.

Do any of you guys pay for brickseek to get the advanced stuff, I've thought about it since I know I could out script the flippers and catch deals before they're cleaned dry

the same kind of people that thought I was going to go to jail for mining bitcoins.

Well everyone knows I'm a reseller (or professional flipper though that's sounds a bit insulting).

Not to go too deep into the debate but I do buy out stock on clearance items. The way I see it, these items have been in the stores for months to years and no one wanted it. I'm going to sell it for (obviously more than I paid) below MSRP as that's how you stay competitive. If I'm in the store and others see my cart and want some items, I'm ok to give a few away. But I buy out not because I'm greedy but because this is my living. I'm ok to be nice with deals (hell, I started this thread and share deals and advice all the time) but I also like to pay my bills and not worry about debt.

But not all resellers are the same.

Well everyone knows I'm a reseller (or professional flipper though that's sounds a bit insulting).

Not to go too deep into the debate but I do buy out stock on clearance items. The way I see it, these items have been in the stores for months to years and no one wanted it. I'm going to sell it for (obviously more than I paid) below MSRP as that's how you stay competitive. If I'm in the store and others see my cart and want some items, I'm ok to give a few away. But I buy out not because I'm greedy but because this is my living. I'm ok to be nice with deals (he'll, I started this thread and share deals and advice all the time) but I also like to pay my bills and not worry about debt.

But not all resellers are the same.
Don’t worry. If GameStop allowed 20 copies of the same game to be traded in and the TIV on these 3-cent games was decent, most of the users of this forum wouldn’t think twice about buying 20 copies from a Walmart for that purpose. The attitude about resellers versus flipping games to GS is hilariously hypocritical although both are for personal gain.

People here like to think it's different but it's the same. You go, buy a product with the intention to trade, and flip it to a store for some type of value (either cash or credit) than you are reselling. It doesn't matter the platform you choose to make money or credit, it's the same.

But I do understand hate for those that actually like dicks when they buy products to sell but that isn't exclusive to some eBay seller.

The Walmart is Rancho Cucamonga has all their OMEN Gaming stuff on clearance. headsets,  keyboards, and mice, the prices don't give that away though at least for me. The keyboards are $79, the mice are $45 and the headsets are $59. The website has the headset for $54.98 Blackweb headsets were $33.73 and they had 3 left last I was there on Monday. They have dozens of Blackweb keyboards for $9.

People here like to think it's different but it's the same. You go, buy a product with the intention to trade, and flip it to a store for some type of value (either cash or credit) than you are reselling. It doesn't matter the platform you choose to make money or credit, it's the same.

But I do understand hate for those that actually like dicks when they buy products to sell but that isn't exclusive to some eBay seller.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'll buy clearance Walmart shit knowing Gamestop is going to get it. But...there's kind of a difference in approach. Brickseek shows they have them in but we can't find them and the employee doesn't see any in back? That's fine. Appreciate the help! Someone comes in and I've got a stack of clearance games and one of them is one they really wanted? Here you go, boss, enjoy. And go check this other Walmart, etc. People are nice about it.

Then you get the assholes. Those people that rush out at the sign of any deal and drop as much money as possible to get everything and then will do whatever it takes to sell them. Like someone else said..."Bought at $600 but don't want it, selling for $400!" No you didn't, you got it for $79 and you're full of shit. Those are the people that get angry at employees when brickseek shows a different inventory amount. I get that there's a lot of overlap of what "we" do vs what "they" do but holy shit, fuck those people so hard.

Just in my area alone right now, I'm seeing no less than 20 people in the electronics groups with STACKS of the $79 tv trying to push them out like they happened to just "get extra in" or whatever, and try and haggle. Good luck.

Just got back from trying to buy 2 copies of Sonic Lost World 3DS that rang up at $0.03.  So I went to the self checkout trying to avoid having an employee freak out and the lady scans them before taking the clamshell cases off for some reason.  So, of course, she has to call the manager and the manager walks over and says a few words to the lady managing the self checkout.  So the self check out lady walks over and tells me that they are $30 each.  So, luckily (or so I thought) she hands me the games back so I try going through a regular checkout lane instead and I even throw in a soda/candy for good measure.  And, I kid you not, the fucking manager follows me down the lane and makes sure the other employee doesn't sell me the games for 3 cents.  What a frustrating experience.   

Just got back from trying to buy 2 copies of Sonic Lost World 3DS that rang up at $0.03. So I went to the self checkout trying to avoid having an employee freak out and the lady scans them before taking the clamshell cases off for some reason. So, of course, she has to call the manager and the manager walks over and says a few words to the lady managing the self checkout. So the self check out lady walks over and tells me that they are $30 each. So, luckily (or so I thought) she hands me the games back so I try going through a regular checkout lane instead and I even throw in a soda/candy for good measure. And, I kid you not, the fucking manager follows me down the lane and makes sure the other employee doesn't sell me the games for 3 cents. What a frustrating experience.
All this mess reminds me of how many people had to show Walmart their own fucking price match policy. "We don't price match Amazon." YES. YOU DO. "We don't price match if it's not in a physical newspaper ad." YES. YOU DO. They would hound and be shitty towards people just asking them to honor their own policies.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'll buy clearance Walmart shit knowing Gamestop is going to get it. But...there's kind of a difference in approach. Brickseek shows they have them in but we can't find them and the employee doesn't see any in back? That's fine. Appreciate the help! Someone comes in and I've got a stack of clearance games and one of them is one they really wanted? Here you go, boss, enjoy. And go check this other Walmart, etc. People are nice about it.

Then you get the assholes. Those people that rush out at the sign of any deal and drop as much money as possible to get everything and then will do whatever it takes to sell them. Like someone else said..."Bought at $600 but don't want it, selling for $400!" No you didn't, you got it for $79 and you're full of shit. Those are the people that get angry at employees when brickseek shows a different inventory amount. I get that there's a lot of overlap of what "we" do vs what "they" do but holy shit, fuck those people so hard.

Just in my area alone right now, I'm seeing no less than 20 people in the electronics groups with STACKS of the $79 tv trying to push them out like they happened to just "get extra in" or whatever, and try and haggle. Good luck.
Oh yeah, definitely agree on those a-hole types, just pointing out they’re not mutually exclusive to resellers. Some resellers have a polite attitude just as some GS flippers are nasty people.

bread's done
Back