Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I stopped by a couple of Walmarts that were decently far from me but supposed to have oodles of $0.03 games in stock (according to Brickseek, that is). Unfortunately, the only thing left was a single copy of :pS4: Bound By Flame, and since you can’t take alcohol to the self checkout lines in California, I started racking my brain to think how I could get out without an employee hassling me over the price. Finally, the light bulb went off: I grabbed a copy of Machete from the value DVD section, went back to the self checkout, scanned that first, had the employee helping that area override the age question while simultaneously unlocking my game from its plastic coffin, then waited for them to leave, scanned BBF to the beautiful price of 3¢, paid and walked out hassle free. I also verified that CDs with parental advisory stickers also make the self scanners pop up with the employee code warning, so that’s another item you can try to scan before any $0.03 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought Walmart only sells clean versions of albums. Been that way since the 90s.

Oh snap are bikes on clearance? They had some nice ones last I looked!
I don't know. The bike racks were gone and replaced with boxes of little electric cars. The area looked much less cluttered.

The whole store is remodeling so they may just be moving them somewhere else.

@jksonic
For the culturefly boxes I've seen $10, $20 and now someone just posted $15. I've personally only ever seem $30 so sucks for me

@trchavez416
Thanks for the bulletstorm link, all the stores listed say $6 but all out of stock, although that is ps4. I'm sure Xbox is the same but ill give it a shot

I thought Walmart only sells clean versions of albums. Been that way since the 90s.
That is definitely the case
Must have been a return that someone missed or something then...there was an explicit version of Linkin Park’s A Thousand Suns CD in the music section. Used that to check if the “See associate” message came up on the self checkout scanner (it did).

On another note, I went to another Walmart today and had mixed success. They had multiple $0.03 games, but they were all behind the glass, so I asked the electronics associate to grab me two copies each of :Wii: Metroid: Other M, :Wii: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, :3ds: Farming Simulator ‘14, :3ds: Crosswords Puzzles, and :3ds: Steel Diver. I also found a copy of :vita: The Wolf Among Us that I wanted scanned to see how much it came up for, but that was where my luck ran out: literally every game rang up as “See an associate for assistance,” which basically gave the employee permission to grab the price from Walmart’s website. On a whim, I asked to scan all of the games with my phone’s WM app: I managed to get S&P to show 3¢ at that particular store, but the other games all showed an error and that the SKUs were invalid. They still had three more copies of Star Successor behind the glass, but I had garnered so much attention from this entire debacle that I just took the two copies they sold me for $0.07 and hightailed it out of there before any else could question how I got the games for so cheap. Seems like the axe is finally starting to come down hard on these games: they’re either being sent back to claims or being removed from WM’s POS system entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen the Culture Fly boxes at $15 and Ive seen them at $10. The $10 ones had very few in stock, something like 2 each for Mario, Zelda and CODS

The Walmart is Rancho Cucamonga has all their OMEN Gaming stuff on clearance. headsets, keyboards, and mice, the prices don't give that away though at least for me. The keyboards are $79, the mice are $45 and the headsets are $59. The website has the headset for $54.98 Blackweb headsets were $33.73 and they had 3 left last I was there on Monday. They have dozens of Blackweb keyboards for $9.
Good call on the blackweb keyboards. I'm going to check it out today if I have time. Thanks!

I don't know how good these prices are. They had other games that I can't remember. I bought one Ori and the Blind Forest out of the two that I saw.

$7.00
LEGO Friends Heartlake Pizzeria 41311 196326856

Skylanders Superchargers: Starter Pack (Nintendo Wii) 45447571

$5.00
Beyond: Two Souls (PlayStation 3) 21127886

$9.00
Blackweb keyboards

$10.00
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One) 51747227

Atari Flashback Vol 2 (Xbox One) 54270699

$20
Dragon Quest Builders (PlayStation 4) 52386310

Ended up get a Metroid, 2 Rhythm Heaven, and 3 Metal Gear Rising (Xbox 360). Brickseek showed Glory of Hercules and Dragons Dogma but found nothing. Also found WarioWare and Johnny but at full price. If anyone would be interested I’m looking for Glory of Hercules, Golden Sun, and Persona 4 Arena (PS3) if at all possible.

My Walmart found everything that was ringing up for three cents and set the price to thirty bucks.
I've also had this happen. Was trying to buy Kirbys Epic Yarn and the cashier called a manager over who said the price was wrong, that it should be $30 and proceeded to ask me if I still wanted it

So if anyone is lucky enough to find them DQ VI & DQMJ2 for the DS are both at .03 I kept quiet on it until I could get to the store that supposedly had them in stock just to come up empty. I did however score the Samsung 32" curved monitor for $49 & PS3 UFC 3 for $15 so it wasn't a totally wasted trip. I had to have them check the back room for the monitor.

Managed to pick up Korra 3DS for $0.03 along with a number of Star Wars Black Series 6" figures for $5.00. The cashier was too busy chatting with his coworker about how he hadn't finished the show to notice the price.

Went to another Wal-Mart and found most of the clearance games were priced at $22.00, which is what I picked up Cave Story+ and Sine Mora on the Switch for.

Because losing a customer giving them $.03 will hurt their bottom line so badly./s

In fact, selling a $.03 game will probably trigger a loss since they might have to pay other associated costs or lose a total loss write off for that remaining inventory.

Now that I've chased off the casual SD crowd, there is a store in central Ohio that has multiple copies of Kirby Epic Yarn... and only Kirby left as far as I can tell. Originally they had Metroid also, but only two of those and so I got myself a pair of each game and now would be happy to pass along the store location to seasoned CAG who send me a PM. Again, I've scoured the place and they only seem to have Kirby left, but for $.03 you can get a copy or two (since as of yesterday they're still selling them at that price, but I recommend asking for it to be put into a case for self checkout since it's behind the glass, and buy other stuff that gets your total at least over $10 because I was questioned once when the total was low and ignored when I bought more other stuff).

Northwest Ohio here; But I’ve had decent luck so far with the 3 cent games, 2 3ds, 5 psp games and 2 wii games. Is there a list of everything that it could possibly be? Just random among the psp games on a clearance section, my local Walmart still has a ps2 game for sale! They want $20 for it!

Northwest Ohio here; But I’ve had decent luck so far with the 3 cent games, 2 3ds, 5 psp games and 2 wii games. Is there a list of everything that it could possibly be? Just random among the psp games on a clearance section, my local Walmart still has a ps2 game for sale! They want $20 for it!
I have a Word document saved that has a list of some (most?) of the $0.03 games that were listed earlier in this thread, but I'm pretty sure it's an incomplete list as I only went through looking for the titles once and it's at least 1.5-2 weeks old. I can upload it to my Google Docs folder and post the link if it's wanted: it's literally just a table of the game titles, the system they're for, SKUs and the WM number it's supposedly in stock according to Brickseek (all local in my area, obviously). I don't know if it's even worth it to use, though, as it looks like WM's system is not even recognizing confirmed 3¢ games like :3ds: Korra anymore (at least, not at the last WM I visited). I tried to scan Korra's barcode with the WM app scanner on my phone and it kept coming up with a message of "Hmmm, we couldn't recognize that...try again?" I even typed in the UPC manually, no luck.

Korra is one I saw in a few places and it always said “unavailable in this store” when I scanned it with the app barcode scanner. One store has about 10 copies behind the glass and Brickseek says it has zero so it’s probably not in the system at that store either.

Western Ohio... hit a store where I had previously seen some Vita games. It had been picked over since my last visit but still had FIFA and MLB13 for $.03 each. Touch and go for a second at checkout but got Sale was completed by the manager.

Saw a couple other Vita games that were still at normal Clearance prices so I might have to keep an eye on them in the near future.

Again found the last Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for $24 tonight.

Not video game related but picked up two heated blankets for my girlfriend and I. Sunbeam Electric Heated Fleece Throws, 50x60 for $9 each. Seems to be the going discounted rate in my area. Had some other electric blanekts and what not for $15

Northeast PA.

Not games, but my closest store started clearancing out a ton of various holiday Yankee Candle scents for $4-$5 a pop (medium/large), good discount if you need candles

Not games, but my closest store started clearancing out a ton of various holiday Yankee Candle scents for $4-$5 a pop (medium/large), good discount if you need candles
My walmart did the same, but you can tell why just from the dust and the melted look on them that they had been sitting in the backroom for years.

My walmart did the same, but you can tell why just from the dust and the melted look on them that they had been sitting in the backroom for years.
yeah idk, they all smell pretty great, and yankee candles last a good while, picked up 5 of them but might go get more on pay day if still lingering around. I'm sure some soccer mom is gonna go buy 50 candles and brag about it on facebook by then tho

Wal-Mart makes so much money they could easily afford to pay a starting wage of $10 an hour and still bully companies into lower prices.

But anyway! Once saw a copy of the PS2 GTA games for $30 and that was like a year ago so wtf?!

Again found the last Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy for $24 tonight.

Not video game related but picked up two heated blankets for my girlfriend and I. Sunbeam Electric Heated Fleece Throws, 50x60 for $9 each. Seems to be the going discounted rate in my area. Had some other electric blanekts and what not for $15

Northeast PA.
Have a SKU/UPC on the blankets?

my walmart says both on brickseek AND walmart app that they have 7 of the hp gaming desktops and 4 of the samsung tvs.. go to the store and talk to 2 different employees. over the past month . both say nope we don't got those..  still shows same inventory online for over a month. lying employees? or broked brickseek and walmart app ? 

my walmart says both on brickseek AND walmart app that they have 7 of the hp gaming desktops and 4 of the samsung tvs.. go to the store and talk to 2 different employees. over the past month . both say nope we don't got those.. still shows same inventory online for over a month. lying employees? or broked brickseek and walmart app ?
They could be lying but lazy is more likely. Just because they tell you they don't have them doesn't mean they go back and correct the inventory afterword.

my walmart says both on brickseek AND walmart app that they have 7 of the hp gaming desktops and 4 of the samsung tvs.. go to the store and talk to 2 different employees. over the past month . both say nope we don't got those.. still shows same inventory online for over a month. lying employees? or broked brickseek and walmart app ?
If it shows stock on the app you should be able to do a "pickup today" order. If there are any actually in stock someplace else/the warehouse, Walmart should send one to that store to fulfill your order.

This is how I got one of the 40" TV.

Wii U:

Paper Mario Color $10

Windwaker HD $10

but, I have the mother fuck  'ng Wallmart story to end all Wallmart stories.

bread's done
Back