Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I was at a walmart that had cave story switch for $15 and Disgaea 5 switch for $30. I bought the last 3 games and checked other local walmarts but they still had everything full price.
Do you have the DCPI for Disgaea?

Here's why we can't have nice things

mNdQk3L.jpg

Here's the link if someone wants to try to get one

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=56136490

I wonder if these people are declaring their flips to the irs

mNdQk3L.jpg

Highly doubtful unless they get a 1099 from PayPal and I think the annual threshold is $20K.

What’s odd is that even isn’t that great a deal unless his stores had it cheaper than $99 like the others I’ve seen.

I'm assuming it's the LC-55P6000U
Thats it. It’s the Black Friday deal TV. Will be VERY YMMV. I bought two of these BF, one was perfect the other had huge white spots. After two returns I finally found another good one. If you can find one (that’s not got the white spots) it is a very good tv that actually rivals my $1500 Samsung

Looks like the monitor is sold out around me, which isn't a surprise if the above picture is any indicator.

That is the Brickseek Group right? I used to see ti but then they enforced their members to not post deals until I assume their paying members got dibs on it 

99 really isn't a great price on a 1080 monitor anyway.  and being 32 " is more of a con than a pro imo . would have to be cheaper for me to waste a trip to walmart

mNdQk3L.jpg

Flipping is one thing, but posting pics of how many you hoarded is too much. There is literally no reason to do so, besides to rub it in other people's faces. Even if you're selling them, take a fucking pic of one and that will suffice.

Also I'm sure it's like crypto mining, as in there's lots of uneducated morons trying to make a quick buck that don't realize it's taxable.

The thing that gets me is that these have one HDMI port and one VGA port. I guess for HDMI it would be fine, but why wouldn't a monitor made in 201X come with DVI?

The thing that gets me is that these have one HDMI port and one VGA port. I guess for HDMI it would be fine, but why wouldn't a monitor made in 201X come with DVI?
Not that I disagree with you, but since the monitor is only 1080p and 60hz, I don't think it really matters.

Sorta like why haven't they done away with molex connectors (and adopted something else), when they are a pita to deal with.

Probably because a dvi port would have been huge. maybe a mini displayport plug, so you could go HDMI, Displayport, DVI or VGA would have been better.

Do you have the DCPI for Disgaea?
not sure what a dcpi is, but here's the brickseek for disgaea switch:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55521398

I see a store in Eagle River Alaska that has two disgaea switch for $30. Kinda a long shot for a cheapass member near that to see this... :)

Here's cave story:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55727399

When I searched brickseek in Alaska last week only one store had these clearance and now almost all the stores in Alaska do. It's odd because I don't see a lot of other zips clearancing these games out and we're usually later than other areas in getting clearance prices.

Per the picture of the stack of monitors... I just want to know who BUYS all that crap (from the flippers, I mean).  Is it just people who are too lazy or just simply don't care enough to do simple research to see this was an item that was just recently clearanced out?  There's a reason this stuff was clearanced out to begin with, it didn't sell...so it was either crappy equipment or it was something that didn't appeal to most people (like a huge 32" monitor haha).  

Per the picture of the stack of monitors... I just want to know who BUYS all that crap. Is it just people who are too lazy or just simply don't care enough to do simple research to see this was an item that was just recently clearanced out? There's a reason this stuff was clearanced out to begin with, it didn't sell...so it was either crappy equipment or it was something that didn't appeal to most people (like a huge 32" monitor haha).
Supply and demand is regional. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's a huge driver.

Supply and demand is regional. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's a huge driver.
Perhaps, but when I see people trying to offload a bunch of cheap stuff like that, that's usually a huge red flag for me to begin with...there's a reason they have so many and they're cheap haha.

What I want to know is how these people have the space for this crap. If this is the norm for them their house must look like a warehouse with cheap crap lying around everywhere. Not what I'd want to live in.

What I want to know is how these people have the space for this crap. If this is the norm for them their house must look like a warehouse with cheap crap lying around everywhere. Not what I'd want to live in.
Yeah idk, I mean I guess if you are really hardcore doing it you can make a good amount of side cash, they seem to live in well off homes from their photos

Yeah idk, I mean I guess if you are really hardcore doing it you can make a good amount of side cash, they seem to live in well off homes from their photos
Maybe I'd be more tempted if I knew of a market for the stuff. Most marketplace sites around me seem to be filled with people who want everything for way under asking price.

Maybe I'd be more tempted if I knew of a market for the stuff. Most marketplace sites around me seem to be filled with people who want everything for way under asking price.
Me "Here's this like-new great condition item...sells new for $250, I'm asking only $150"

Almost every person that replies "Would you take 75?" "How about $50?" "I saw somebody selling this for 25! (forgetting to mention it was in terrible condition and barely usable)"

Good lord I hate selling stuff in marketplaces here haha.

Too lazy? People have 9 to 5 jobs, kids, home life, and many other things. Do you really think the average person that doesn't resell has the time or willing to out in more effort from their already busy schedule to run around town looking for a maybe item. No. People pay for the ease of an item and still get it cheaper than majority of stores buying from Amazon / eBay.

People always complain about the buyers but don't consider that maybe their time and effort is worth differently from yours.

Also majority of clearance electronics has nothing to do with quality of the product but clearing shelf space for newer model merchandise. Also helps when these items aren't on the sales floor half the time so no one even knows it's there to buy. Clearly people buy these items, which you should figure seeing as you're in a clearance thread for hundreds of post.

Too lazy? People have 9 to 5 jobs, kids, home life, and many other things. Do you really think the average person that doesn't resell has the time or willing to out in more effort from their already busy schedule to run around town looking for a maybe item. No. People pay for the ease of an item and still get it cheaper than majority of stores buying from Amazon / eBay.

People always complain about the buyers but don't consider that maybe their time and effort is worth differently from yours.

Also majority of clearance electronics has nothing to do with quality of the product but clearing shelf space for newer model merchandise. Also helps when these items aren't on the sales floor half the time so no one even knows it's there to buy. Clearly people buy these items, which you should figure seeing as you're in a clearance thread for hundreds of post.
Not trying to call people out, I get we all have different ideas of deals and what our time is worth...

I actually have three kids, do freelance work from home and wife works 9-6 and we have no family help haha. Just saying, if I can do it most can. I know you flip a lot and while I don't agree with buying out stock to sell you seem to find a good middle ground from what I've seen of your posts in the past. With my "too lazy" comment though I was more referring to people who don't research reviews/prices/recent sales/etc rather than people being too lazy to run around town.

As for clearly people buy it... yeah clearly they do I'm just wondering WHO haha. Like I said, no offense to flippers it's just when I see people trying to unload 15 monitors I tend to have a hard time from keeping red flags from going up around me.

Awesome! I might head back there later pick up some of the other ones for Easter baskets... Yeah both my two older kids are suuuuuper into Pokemon right now, basically all the kids their age at their school are. Definitely a good deal when just single packs usually run $4-5.

Not trying to call people out, I get we all have different ideas of deals and what our time is worth...

I actually have three kids, do freelance work from home and wife works 9-6 and we have no family help haha. Just saying, if I can do it most can. I know you flip a lot and while I don't agree with buying out stock to sell you seem to find a good middle ground from what I've seen of your posts in the past. With my "too lazy" comment though I was more referring to people who don't research reviews/prices/recent sales/etc rather than people being too lazy to run around town.

As for clearly people buy it... yeah clearly they do I'm just wondering WHO haha. Like I said, no offense to flippers it's just when I see people trying to unload 15 monitors I tend to have a hard time from keeping red flags from going up around me.
Most people aren't willing to drive to 10+ stores in the hope of finding an item thats been on clearance for months. People don't do extensive research or find out clearance prices. Unless you look for clearance items frequently, you aren't doing anymore than going to one store, striking out and not trying again.

But I do agree, I have no idea what these people are doing selling such high profit items on FB / CL. If you're able to find 10 of a monitor, it's likely that no one in your area wanted or needed it.

For me at least, I have space for these things but it isn't cheap junk. My inventory is constantly moving and selling. I offload my items within a week (I assume most full timers are too) so space is never a problem. We're not hoarders...

Most people aren't willing to drive to 10+ stores in the hope of finding an item thats been on clearance for months. People don't do extensive research or find out clearance prices. Unless you look for clearance items frequently, you aren't doing anymore than going to one store, striking out and not trying again.

But I do agree, I have no idea what these people are doing selling such high profit items on FB / CL. If you're able to find 10 of a monitor, it's likely that no one in your area wanted or needed it.

For me at least, I have space for these things but it isn't cheap junk. My inventory is constantly moving and selling. I offload my items within a week (I assume most full timers are too) so space is never a problem. We're not hoarders...
Where do you have most success selling if you don't mind me asking? I'd think shipping would kill a lot of deals on larger items and like I said my local marketplaces are a joke lol

Awesome! I might head back there later pick up some of the other ones for Easter baskets... Yeah both my two older kids are suuuuuper into Pokemon right now, basically all the kids their age at their school are. Definitely a good deal when just single packs usually run $4-5.
That was my thought. My daughter flipped out when she got a Mega Ex or something the other day in a random pack. This way the packs are cheaper and I can give her a box every once in a while as a reward for good behaviors around the house and at school (that's the plan at this point.)

Guy that lives down the street from me tries to flip cheap stuff like shampoo, canned goods, toys, etc. His garage is packed floor to ceiling with boxes. Looks like there is enough to move sideways against the walls and maybe the middle. It's absurd to see every time his garage is open

I was in a store and in the electronics clearance was a portable projector called the Anker Neblua Mars Lite. It’s $250 marked down from $350. I did a brickseek search to see if it were any cheaper at other stores. It took the mixing of different keywords, but I finally got a sku. (why didnt you find the sku when you were in the store? Because I’m dumb). It came back with zero results despite 6 of them sitting a quarter mile from me. The same item is on amazon for the same price, which I’d never pay, but maybe $125ish.

Where do you have most success selling if you don't mind me asking? I'd think shipping would kill a lot of deals on larger items and like I said my local marketplaces are a joke lol
eBay, Amazon and local markets. Bigger items I ship depending on the profit. I buy items knowing before hand where to sell so any big item I have I know it'll sell in what marketplace I sell it on.

Not that I always sell stuff. I have a handful of smaller items I can't sell but that's mainly due to restricted items and not wanting to just give away stuff I can't sell.

Guy that lives down the street from me tries to flip cheap stuff like shampoo, canned goods, toys, etc. His garage is packed floor to ceiling with boxes. Looks like there is enough to move sideways against the walls and maybe the middle. It's absurd to see every time his garage is open
You sure he flips or is he an extreme couponer. If you go on couponer groups on FB, all their homes look like that. Usually very organized too.

Never ceases to amaze me the lack of cost consciousness in people. Everybody here is looking for the best value and we actively hunt out deals. So many people out there just don’t care. It’s why you can load up on games on Black Friday and turn a profit the next week.

This post got overshadowed yesterday so it should be brought up again. It’s now $17, down from the $20 of yesterday. I was lucky enough to get a $10 discount by choosing store pickup but definitely YMMV.
Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to get the $10 discount by changing the pickup location to a different Walmart. They had additional games on clearance. You should check if they have any additional games on clearance. Below is what i found.

PS 4

Dragon Quest Builders for PlayStation 4 $5

World of Final Fantasy $5

Gravity Rush 2 $9

Dying Light: The Following Extended $5

Xbox one

Tales from The Borderlands $5

Yooka-Laylee $5

Bulletstorm $5

3DS

$9

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest SKU: 48173943

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright SKU: 48173944

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia SKU: 55488690

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirts SKU: 54300748

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Fleshy Soul SKU: 54300754

$5

Kirby Triple Deluxe SKU: 55465516

Wii U

$9

Yoshi's Woolly World + Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo SKU: 54315543

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker + Toad Amiibo SKU: 54315535

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD + Amiibo SKU: 48173942

You sure he flips or is he an extreme couponer. If you go on couponer groups on FB, all their homes look like that. Usually very organized too.
He flips some stuff on Facebook marketplace, and in the summer, he goes from flea market to flea market selling stuff. And he's usually good for 3-5 "garage sales" in the summer

Per the picture of the stack of monitors... I just want to know who BUYS all that crap (from the flippers, I mean). Is it just people who are too lazy or just simply don't care enough to do simple research to see this was an item that was just recently clearanced out? There's a reason this stuff was clearanced out to begin with, it didn't sell...so it was either crappy equipment or it was something that didn't appeal to most people (like a huge 32" monitor haha).
I always get lowballed whenever I try to flip stuff like that on Craigslist. I haven't looked into resale value for that particular monitor, but at $99 I'm thinking there's not much to be made if any. Shipping would kill any profit and again selling local would probably result in getting lowballed. Hopefully that guy gets stuck with them lol.

Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to get the $10 discount by changing the pickup location to a different Walmart. They had additional games on clearance. You should check if they have any additional games on clearance. Below is what i found.
Those are some good prices, I went searching tonight and the only overlap with your list was Dying Light. Here’s some of what I found, I took a picture of the actual shelves on my phone but it’s dead right now lol. I’ll post them in a little bit.

[attachment=29604:A6540860-818C-467B-9D30-E12B0BF8E7D7.jpeg]
Bioshock $10
Dues Ex $6
Mega Man $10
Inside/Limbo $10
Halo Wars 2 $20
Family Fun Pack $10
Metal Gear Solid V $10
Infamous $10
Nier: Automata $25

bread's done
Back