Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in a store and in the electronics clearance was a portable projector called the Anker Neblua Mars Lite. It’s $250 marked down from $350. I did a brickseek search to see if it were any cheaper at other stores. It took the mixing of different keywords, but I finally got a sku. (why didnt you find the sku when you were in the store? Because I’m dumb). It came back with zero results despite 6 of them sitting a quarter mile from me. The same item is on amazon for the same price, which I’d never pay, but maybe $125ish.
On the Brickseek website, you can also use the UPC code on the package to do a search.

Where is usually the clearance viodegames? In a corner like Target does? Or just in a really random spot? Or are they mixed with the regular games?

So I signed up for brickseek premium and it doesn't seem intuitive at all. I figured you would be able to filter all clearance items by store AND by department (i.e. electronics). Seems sorta like a waste of money if you can't do that...

Where is usually the clearance viodegames? In a corner like Target does? Or just in a really random spot? Or are they mixed with the regular games?
It can be behind the glass, on the shelf with other value priced games, or in a bin. It's a crapshoot really.

So I signed up for brickseek premium and it doesn't seem intuitive at all. I figured you would be able to filter all clearance items by store AND by department (i.e. electronics). Seems sorta like a waste of money if you can't do that...
Wtf, well then what CAN you do? I was thinking about getting it but without a feature like that...hmm

Yes and yes and yes and on the endcaps and in the main aisles and stuck in the back (which no one will look for you) and in the clearance aisle and in the grocery aisle and stacked behind the baby food and being used level out the lawn mower display and...

Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to get the $10 discount by changing the pickup location to a different Walmart. They had additional games on clearance. You should check if they have any additional games on clearance. Below is what i found.

PS 4

Dragon Quest Builders for PlayStation 4 $5

World of Final Fantasy $5

Gravity Rush 2 $9

Dying Light: The Following Extended $5

Xbox one

Tales from The Borderlands $5

Yooka-Laylee $5

Bulletstorm $5

3DS

$9

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest SKU: 48173943

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright SKU: 48173944

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia SKU: 55488690

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Bony Spirts SKU: 54300748

Yo-Kai Watch 2 Fleshy Soul SKU: 54300754

$5

Kirby Triple Deluxe SKU: 55465516

Wii U

$9

Yoshi's Woolly World + Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo SKU: 54315543

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker + Toad Amiibo SKU: 54315535

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD + Amiibo SKU: 48173942
Jealous of those of you who find prices like this. Checked some of these I am interested in on Brickseek and they are all still either $29.98 or $39.98. If they'd just clearance these games out more to $10 and under I would be happy to clear out some of that stock for these stores!

I did manage to price match the Fire Emblem Echoes for $17 at Best Buy yesterday though, so happy with that.

Saw Sine Mora Ex for Switch $15. In PR.
Worth it?
That's a fantastic price and I would have bought a couple copies without hesitation if I saw it for $15. So yes, Sine Mora Ex is more than worth $15 and you should pick it up immediately before you can't. Switch games for this price aren't going to last long regardless of the game or quality, luckily this one is really good though.

Below is the rest I found last night.

[attachment=29612:IMG_1064.JPG]
[attachment=29613:IMG_1066.JPG]
If anyone sees something that interests them, PM me and I'll see if I can pick it up for you.

Picked up the sharp aquos 55 inch 4k with hdr for $300
no link bro sorry. i literally went to the store tried looking up info on the tv found very little... waited 3 days to pull the trigger. went back and it was still there so i bought it. LC-55P6000U is the model

Found two TPHD boxes at my local store for $10 each, pretty awesome deal. They said they had three but I only saw two and now brickseek says zero.

Wtf, well then what CAN you do? I was thinking about getting it but without a feature like that...hmm
I probably should have been a little more specific.

Under the "Deals" section on the BB website there is a page for "Top Sales and Clearance" items. From this page you can filter by retail store (Target, Walmart, Office Depot, and/or Lowes), "Browse by Category" (Electronics, Furniture, Housewares, etc.), "Sort By" (Newest, Trending Deals, Most Liked), and search using keywords. This shows ALL clearance items that meet that criteria... HOWEVER, my problem is there isn't a way to narrow it down even further to a specific Walmart store. I can see all the items in a particular department that are on clearance, but that means literally nothing since WM doesn't drop prices at all stores simultaneously. I still have to click on "Check Inventory" for each individual item I'm interested in and hope that my local store has it discounted. You can already do this from basic brickseek website, without purchasing Premium, but some deals are hidden to basic users. I figured with Premium, you could do an advanced search or something like that. Nope.

There is a section that shows "Local Price Drops", and you can see what Walmart, Target, etc. dropped THAT day, and that you can see on a store-by-store basis, but you have to check each store iteratively and it takes a lot of time.

There's another section for "Today's Price Drops", but again that is nation-wide. Pointless.

Can't even specify a "favorite" walmart store.

Cliffs:

- Brickseek premium isn't worth it

- Just use this thread/slickdeals to find deals.

I always feel envious in this thread, you guys always manage to find some decent scores. I like to periodically scour through all the brickseek listings for PS4 games and never find anything of import in my area. Unfortunately all the Walmarts around me just never seem to like to clearance out their games. On the flipside at least the Targets around me always seem to have a few of each of the games they're wiping out when they do their rounds of discounts. So, win some, lose some.

Not much going on at the Walmart around the corner. Got a few things

- Flash Blender Bottle for $5. I'll gladly save $9 because there is a Flash logo on it.
- A room temperature water dispenser for $25. My wife and I drink a ton of water, so this will keep us from filling up the Brita so much. We have an ice maker on our refrigerator/freezer, so the room temperature part isn't a big deal
- Urban Armor Gear iPhone 6S/7/8 Plus case for $15. Hated my current case and love UAG cases. Decent deal at the right time

Not very exciting, but its better than nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much going on at the Walmart around the corner. Got a few things

- Flash Blender Bottle for $5. I'll gladly save $9 because there is a Flash logo on it.
- A room temperature water dispenser for $25. My wife and I drink a ton of water, so this will keep us from filling up the Brita so much. We have an ice maker on our refrigerator/freezer, so the room temperature part isn't a big deal
- Urban Armor Gear iPhone 6S/7/8 Plus case for $15. Hated my current case and love UAG cases. Decent deal at the right time

Not very exciting, but its better than nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what's the water dispenser?

Dying Light is so god dang good.

Damn $5 Dying Light would be epic. All full price around me unfortunately :(
I havent even cracked the seal on it lol

yeah man... unfortunately i think i got a faulty unit. It turns off by itself when browsing netflix, no clue why. Ps4 no problem, streaming on netflix no problems just browsing for some weird reason. Debating on returning it , Reporting the issue or picking up the 3 year protection for $24. its a freaking gorgeous TV for $300

i may search another store that brickseek says they have 2 to try and exchange it. recently brickseek has sucked but we'll see

Only things I've seen that I sorta kinda wanted:

- Ninja Blender nj600wm: $20
- Nerf Rival Khaos foam dart gun: $5
- Weber Spirit E-210: $154

The grill is still a bit high, so hopefully it goes lower before getting cleaned out.

Also PSVR headset only is $149. Still too high, since it doesn't include anything.

I've found it's very hit or miss and it varies greatly by store. One WM near my house used to have a big ole bargain bin with games from time to time. Other WM's close to me, I've never seen a bargain bin. Most WM's I visit tend to be somewhat disorganized in the display of games and you can sometimes just find a heavily discounted copy lying on a shelf nearby or in an area you wouldn't expect. Some games, you have to scan to see a discounted price...despite the stickered price being higher, often without a colored circle marking. I *never* take the displayed price as gospel. If it's a title I see that I'm interested in, I ask them to open the sacred glass door and let me scan away. I've found some very nice surprises that way. Sometimes, if they're being crabby about letting me scan (they occasionally tend to get nervous about opening the glass cabinet), I head to Brickseek while in store to see if the items there are knocked down...if I haven't been to Brickseek already to check out titles I want. Others have reported inaccuracies on Brickseek, but I've always found it to be pretty on the mark.

I've found, as brickseek has gotten bigger...been less and less accurate so not sure if it has to deal with holding out for "premium" members or what...  For instance just the other day for RE7 it was saying 0 "Limited quantities" at 19.xx.  Nope, definitely had some and yeah they were definitely 11.xx.  Little things sure but they definitely add up.

I've found, as brickseek has gotten bigger...been less and less accurate so not sure if it has to deal with holding out for "premium" members or what... For instance just the other day for RE7 it was saying 0 "Limited quantities" at 19.xx. Nope, definitely had some and yeah they were definitely 11.xx. Little things sure but they definitely add up.
Brickseek wasn't wrong about there being 0 at 19.xx

I've found, as brickseek has gotten bigger...been less and less accurate so not sure if it has to deal with holding out for "premium" members or what... For instance just the other day for RE7 it was saying 0 "Limited quantities" at 19.xx. Nope, definitely had some and yeah they were definitely 11.xx. Little things sure but they definitely add up.
BS uses data directly from WM. BS wasn't wrong, WM inventory / numbers were.

Welp, I had my first issue with WM staff last night. I went to a branch in my area, that I rarely go out to, so I thought I'd try my luck. I found a Kora (3ds) and a Fifa 13 (360) for 3 cents. The Kora was locked up, the fifa was just floating around. Since the Kora was locked up, I needed an employee to get it out. (This is where things begin to go awry) He was very stoked about legend of Kora and proceeded to tell me about how he's seen every episode of it and Avatar on TV and DVD. He was very passionate about it. Since he has to unlock it, I needed to buy it from electronics.

We walk to the desk and he begins to ring out my two items, no paying attention to the prices. As he reads out the total, he does a double take, and again gets very excited. He calls over 2 other employees who also get pretty excited. They then decide to call over a manager. (great here we go). Several minutes pass, and she finally wobbles her way over. 

"That's wrong," She says. I then explain that's what the app says. She takes out her phone and beings scanning. "It's wrong. Someone put it in wrong. But since that's what it says, ring it out. I am going to fix this." She then walks away, and makes her way over to the video game section to try and find any other games that may be pennied out. 

As she walks away, the electronics manager comes over. The original employees calls out to him. "Hey Joe, did you know we are selling games for 3 cents?"

He sarcastically responds, "Uh, no we're not"

Employee 1: "Well, nancy approved this one, so he is buying them."

I pay my 6 cents and bounce. I ruffled way too many feathers. 

Could this have been avoided, if I picked up something else to disguise the cheap price? Maybe.

Welp, I had my first issue with WM staff last night. I went to a branch in my area, that I rarely go out to, so I thought I'd try my luck. I found a Kora (3ds) and a Fifa 13 (360) for 3 cents. The Kora was locked up, the fifa was just floating around. Since the Kora was locked up, I needed an employee to get it out. (This is where things begin to go awry) He was very stoked about legend of Kora and proceeded to tell me about how he's seen every episode of it and Avatar on TV and DVD. He was very passionate about it. Since he has to unlock it, I needed to buy it from electronics.

We walk to the desk and he begins to ring out my two items, no paying attention to the prices. As he reads out the total, he does a double take, and again gets very excited. He calls over 2 other employees who also get pretty excited. They then decide to call over a manager. (great here we go). Several minutes pass, and she finally wobbles her way over.

"That's wrong," She says. I then explain that's what the app says. She takes out her phone and beings scanning. "It's wrong. Someone put it in wrong. But since that's what it says, ring it out. I am going to fix this." She then walks away, and makes her way over to the video game section to try and find any other games that may be pennied out.

As she walks away, the electronics manager comes over. The original employees calls out to him. "Hey Joe, did you know we are selling games for 3 cents?"

Could this have been avoided, if I picked up something else to disguise the cheap price? Maybe.
next time ask them to put the games in the security thing, and get some groceries and buy at the regular check out line.

That employee was a moron. He seemed pretty happy to see the game at 3 cents and then blabs to everybody including the manager. What a dumbass.

So with the .03 games...

I can't find any at several Wal-Marts that I have visited. Is it worth scanning games with my Wal-Mart app to see if things ring up at clearance prices? Is that how you guys do it?

So with the .03 games...

I can't find any at several Wal-Marts that I have visited. Is it worth scanning games with my Wal-Mart app to see if things ring up at clearance prices? Is that how you guys do it?
Sometimes, yeah. Usually I'll run through the Wal-Mart app while I'm in the store (some prices won't actually show unless you're in locations now, apparently?) and then start scanning stuff I notice from the app or don't see on the app but it looks like it could be clearanced. It's hit and miss, but I've found stuff more often than not.

So with the .03 games...

That’s how I found several that weren’t on the initial list here. It was easy at some stores due to older games being on endcaps in the individual cases.

Warioware DIY was behind the glass with $24 shelf tag. Very few stores have the shelves marked at $0.03 (and I honestly thought all of those pics on here were photoshopped). If you aren't finding games on the list, then your only choice is to scan ones you think are "old" and help us add to the list.

bread's done
Back