Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
local store had 2 for $2 each but couldn't find them
My store randomly had them in between health & beauty and the area they will eventually throw the grills at. They just had some spare shelving space and haphazardly threw stuff on there. Took me a good 20 minutes to find.

Back in my day we played our Xbox games in 480p and we liked it! If they threw in 720p support like with Freedom Fighters we wept for joy!

Kids today with your fancy pants 4k OLED big screen tvs and your music...
Try playing NES with RF cable and then eventually composite. We didnt know any better because technology was obviously very limited back in my day. Blurry was the norm while playing games or even watching television.

Try playing NES with RF cable and then eventually composite. We didnt know any better because technology was obviously very limited back in my day. Blurry was the norm while playing games or even watching television.
Ahhh...the good old days of configuring multiple RF switches so you could use your NES on Channel 3 and your SNES on Channel 4...

On another note, it’s not clearance, but Walmart is offering a new Xbox One S 500GB bundle with Forza Horizon 3 (and the Hot Wheels DLC), Star Wars: Battlefront II and Grand Theft Auto V for $229...super tempting, but should I just wait for Black Friday? Want to get in cheap on a new Xbox, but I don’t want to pay $500 for a One X...

Back in my day we played our Xbox games in 480p and we liked it! If they threw in 720p support like with Freedom Fighters we wept for joy!

Ugh, I remember when my sis took my tv and I had to play my wii games on this.

tumblr_p4y86gb0es1tctta4o1_540.jpg

Ahhh...the good old days of configuring multiple RF switches so you could use your NES on Channel 3 and your SNES on Channel 4...

On another note, it’s not clearance, but Walmart is offering a new Xbox One S 500GB bundle with Forza Horizon 3 (and the Hot Wheels DLC), Star Wars: Battlefront II and Grand Theft Auto V for $229...super tempting, but should I just wait for Black Friday? Want to get in cheap on a new Xbox, but I don’t want to pay $500 for a One X...
It's March and you're already talking Black Friday? That's a darn good deal.

For $20 more you get the 1tb ACO and RS:S bundle. And you can just return the BF2 and GTAV for $30 each.

Best buy has Battleborn on clearance for $5.49. I decided to get two for my nephews.[attachment=29663:DSC_0198.JPG]

Pulease, you mean back in our day. I'm just saying, buying a 1080p tv today is like getting a tv without component inputs in 2001. Get with the times.

PS, I agree, an Xbox with component cables still looks great on my 34" widescreen Trinitron Wega. Its the only way to play X-Men Legends II and THPS4.

For $20 more you get the 1tb ACO and RS:S bundle. And you can just return the BF2 and GTAV for $30 each.
Yeah, that definitely seems like the better deal. Strangely, Walmart's website is only showing Destiny 2 as the first free game rather than Battlefront II with that bundle now...not that it matters. I'd probably still trade in D2 and AC:O as I'll wait until there's a "complete" version of Destiny 2 available for purchase w/ all the DLC and I already have a steelbook of AC:O...damn, this is really tempting.

Yeah, that definitely seems like the better deal. Strangely, Walmart's website is only showing Destiny 2 as the first free game rather than Battlefront II with that bundle now...not that it matters. I'd probably still trade in D2 and AC:O as I'll wait until there's a "complete" version of Destiny 2 available for purchase w/ all the DLC and I already have a steelbook of AC:O...damn, this is really tempting.
I picked it up myself to play Destiny with friends. I’m going to sell ACO (have the gold edition on PS4) and R6 (don’t want it). Hopefully drop the Xbox down to $150 total with tax. I couldn’t pass up the price.

I have 8 Walking Trainers for DS. It was hilariously easy to buy them all at the Electronics register. They were even out of stock so the guy put then back in.

Just picked up one today for $17, there was one store for $15, but out of the way and not worth the $2.

At the same store, found a Gold's Gym XR 8.1 Combo Weight Bench for $30.

Walmart.com: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-XR-8-1-Combo-Weight-Bench-with-100-Lb-Vinyl-Weight-Set/830423492

Brickseek: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=830423492

Only this store had it for $30 in my area. There were only 2 there and looks like they are sold out now.

Is there a different SKU for Puyo Puyo with the keychain? I've been searching different Wal-Mart's & can't find it for under $30.

It was my understanding the game with the keychain was always a Target exclusive. I’ve found it there for $30.
That is incorrect. The game with the keychain was the launch version of the game and was sold everywhere. I bought it from Gamestop when it first released

so my walmart had 3 copies of zelda explorer edition in the clearance. everything clearance was 50% off. But because my walmart is lazy they just throw games in clearance without putting labels on them so I couldn't actually get it for half off.

I got a Merge Cube for a dollar, and a VR headset for two. It's a pretty good deal for anyone who wants to dip their toe into VR and AR without investing a lot of money in it. Now I just need to find out how I can make this thing and my el cheapo smartphone play Virtual Boy games.

Is the price at brickseek always accurate ? Can it be lower ? Like some people post games that cost $10, but my local Walmart has it for $20 according to brickseek, so what are the chances it game rings $10?

I did not see that question in the main post, sorry if already answered

Is the price at brickseek always accurate ? Can it be lower ? Like some people post games that cost $10, but my local Walmart has it for $20 according to brickseek, so what are the chances it game rings $10?

I did not see that question in the main post, sorry if already answered
no. its always ymmv. Don't always assume it'll be the same price as Brickseek. It may not even be there.

When you find multiple copies of :ps3: Zone of the Enders HD Collection but the damn games keep ringing up as "price unavailable, please see an associate for help" instead of the $0.03 you KNOW they should be showing...

giphy.gif

Shockingly enough I was able to get some $0.03 games and a couple other decent deals tonight with no drama whatsoever.  The lady just looked at them and went "Cool, 3 cent games" and dropped them in my bag.  A complete 180 from my first experience with this deal.

Picked up:

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 (PS3) x2 = $.03 each

Metroid: Other M (Wii) = $.03

FIFA Soccer 12 (PS3) = $.03

The Puppeteer (PS3) = $7

Medal of Honor Warfighter: Honor Edition (PS3) = $5

I happened to be back in a Walmart I scored nicely in during threecentpalooza and an odd thing happened: Legend of Korra, which previously scanned as unavailable in the store, now scans as .03. So if you’ve encountered that issue recently it might be worth double checking your store again.

Shockingly enough I was able to get some $0.03 games and a couple other decent deals tonight with no drama whatsoever. The lady just looked at them and went "Cool, 3 cent games" and dropped them in my bag. A complete 180 from my first experience with this deal.

Picked up:

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 (PS3) x2 = $.03 each

Metroid: Other M (Wii) = $.03

FIFA Soccer 12 (PS3) = $.03

The Puppeteer (PS3) = $7

Medal of Honor Warfighter: Honor Edition (PS3) = $5
Good to see Other M finally hit the price it's worth.

I happened to be back in a Walmart I scored nicely in during threecentpalooza and an odd thing happened: Legend of Korra, which previously scanned as unavailable in the store, now scans as .03. So if you’ve encountered that issue recently it might be worth double checking your store again.
Legend of Korra rang up $24.99 or something ridiculous like that for me.

That’s unusual. That one is three cents in most locations. I just couldn’t buy it before because the barcode would ring up as unavailable.
Other M showed up for thirty something for me haha. That was ON clearance at the store though. I even tried peeling back their clearance sticker and scanning the original barcode but no luck with that either.

Hey JKSonic, this might be weird but your first link goes to shoes not abandon houses lol and the 2nd doesn't load for me. The links im your sig, sounding somewhat interesting so I figured id try.

Stardew Valley (+ Sound track and booklet) :ps4: $12.88

(found with the X360 games, not marked as clearance)

SMT IV: Apocalypse (+ pin set) :3ds: $19.99

(incorrectly labeled as $24.99 in glass case.)

Damn

Sine Mora shows $5 at mine but out of stock on brickseek does that mean theres a chance its still there?

That is almost too good to be true. I looked up all the games I'm interested in and they are all selling for about $30 (Puyo, Lego City, World of Ff, and Sine Mora). With my store being remodeled, I will keep checking. Found lipstick in the bakery clearance and they moved the pharmacy to the front of the store.

bread's done
Back